The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
This may or may not be the lowest Darksiders 2 goes, but I'd be more worried about actually being able to get the game in future due to THQ's financial problems and who knows what issues may arise when another publisher picks up rights to their games.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I can not recommend Darksiders 2 enough. It was my fav game this year, I highly enjoyed it. My first play through and doing almost all side quests and finding the vast majority of hidden items I put in 36 hours. I haven't started my new game + or done any of the new DLC dungeons yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Although I have not finished my first run through yet it is an amazing game. It has all of the qualities I look for in any sort of action adventure game. The exploration is great, the loot system is fun, the combat is tight and responsive, the RPG elements are woven in nicely, the dungeons are terrifically done and the story is very interesting and keeps you hooked.

[quote name='monkeysez']Come on Darksiders II for $12.00[/QUOTE]

You can get it for about $13 if you have an IGN prime discount and use the G2PO code on GamersGate.. pretty close to $12..

EDIT: Corrected typo for coupon code

I think the real question regarding THQ is, when are we ever going to get a sale on Nexuiz?! That game hasn't seen a sale since launch, and it's so good...

[quote name='sunghost']You can get it for about $13 if you have an IGN prime discount and use the GP2O code on GamersGate.. pretty close to $12..[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I should look into IGN Prime. Is it worth it?

[quote name='monkeysez']Thanks. I should look into IGN Prime. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if IGN Prime is worth it, most of us got the IGN discount code back when IGN had free trials. Your best bet is asking someone to purchase Darksiders 2 for you with the discount, I could do it for you if you want. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='monkeysez']Thanks. I should look into IGN Prime. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

If you buy one month of IGN Prime, you get a "forever" 15% discount on GG. It pays for itself once you buy $46 of games on GG. The extra 15% (+5% or more in blue coins) helps sweeten a lot of deals, like the DS2 deal.

Answers to many questions are in the second post of the CAG-GG thread.

[quote name='asheskitty']If you buy one month of IGN Prime, you get a "forever" 15% discount on GG. It pays for itself once you buy $46 of games on GG. The extra 15% (+5% or more in blue coins) helps sweeten a lot of deals, like the DS2 deal.

Answers to many questions are in the second post of the CAG-GG thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just want to agree with asheskitty here. If you think you'd buy a few more things off of Gamersgate it's better in the long run to do a one month IGN prime membership. They also used to have a free game of the month with IGN Prime (not sure if they did away with that). So you might be able to get a free game out of it.

[quote name='sunghost']So am I. If something happens and this is the lowest Darksiders 2 will go, we can all blame Mooby ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh I already planned on that one.

Whether or not it will go lower, this is an awesome price for an awesome game If I had the means to get it I would for damn sure. If you are on the fence about it, get the hell of the fence and buy it already. There is a fine line between being a Cheap ass and a dumb ass. This is the line.

For people thinking about getting a month of prime just for the GG promo code, is there somewhere that keeps track of what the current free game of the month is?

If you subscribe at the right time, can you get two games? If so, when is the "right time"?

There is no "right time". They are never released on any set schedule and even the previous month was at nearly the tail end of the month and only had a 2 week window to claim.

[quote name='Spyder187']Whether or not it will go lower, this is an awesome price for an awesome game If I had the means to get it I would for damn sure. If you are on the fence about it, get the hell of the fence and buy it already. There is a fine line between being a Cheap ass and a dumb ass. This is the line.[/QUOTE]
If I had the means to play it I might, but by the time I'm not on this 7900GS (RMA'd 460GTX) it'll be the fall sale or later.

I don't want to poke the hornet's nest and start a whole topic on Origin, but I think they might have the record for late replies to customer service for me. Took them a whole month to get back to me with a canned response.

[quote name='Blade']I think the real question regarding THQ is, when are we ever going to get a sale on Nexuiz?! That game hasn't seen a sale since launch, and it's so good...[/QUOTE]

It went on sale multiple times o.o. I even picked it up on the last sales, because the Raptr coupons stacked with the sale price.

Picked up a 4 pack for 3.74$
:D

[quote name='plft']I don't want to poke the hornet's nest and start a whole topic on Origin, but I think they might have the record for late replies to customer service for me. Took them a whole month to get back to me with a canned response.[/QUOTE]

[RANT]
I contacted Origin to delete my account (as that was the only way of "updating" my wrong date of birth according to them) on Sep 12. Never had gotten a sensible response from them until Sep 25. In the meantime, my account was conveniently hacked. I was able to login with my linked PSN account and saw that everything had been changed. What kind of security allows to update all important account information (name, email, password) without ever requesting email confirmation? Anyway, there were a few pointless back and forth emails where I've been told that a security team will contact me which they never did, so I eventually gave them a call a week or so later. The phone conversation went surprisingly well and I've been told by a so called security team member that he'll contact me in a week after his "investigation". It is now Nov 13th and I haven't heard anything despite me sending them a couple more emails.

I'm not telling the whole story and even though mine might be a rare case, that's is honestly the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I've simply decided not to buy anything from EA on PC again unless it's available with a discount on Steam. Not that I can, because my account is still hacked...

Over the recent years I've seen this publisher screw up such franchises as Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I can't even remember the last time a Need for Speed game was any good, I don't even need to comment on Sims, and there's not much left other then a bunch of shooty blasty shooters and some yearly rehashed sports titles and even those are mostly released on consoles.
[/RANT]

[quote name='earvcunanan']There's a CAG in the Steam Gift thread selling Darksiders II keys for $10.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for them working without any issues for me

[quote name='mkernan']What? It's been on sale more than once.

http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/96800/nexuiz[/QUOTE]
[quote name='BernardoOne']It went on sale multiple times o.o. I even picked it up on the last sales, because the Raptr coupons stacked with the sale price.

Picked up a 4 pack for 3.74$
:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrshllJcb']On ebay for like $9 you can find codes that are for Deus Ex: HR, Dirt Showdown and Nexuiz. $$
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-PC-2011-STEAM-PRODUCT-KEYS-DIRT-SHOWDOWN-NEXUIZ-/300806280430?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item46097394ee

I got one a while back for like $7.50[/QUOTE]

thats_the_joke.jpg

Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.

[quote name='earvcunanan']There's a CAG in the Steam Gift thread selling Darksiders II keys for $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I posted about that earlier. Wanted some thoughts on Darksiders

[quote name='sunghost']I'm surprised at how many people that didn't realize it was a joke..[/QUOTE]
I'm not. The comment being a joke implies that it was some sort of horrible game that no one would want, which is a strange thing to expect to be widely accepted, since the game is average at worst.

[quote name='Englando IV']I'm not. The comment being a joke implies that it was some sort of horrible game that no one would want, which is a strange thing to expect to be widely accepted, since the game is average at worst.[/QUOTE]

Nexuiz is an awful game, but the joke was that it never goes on sale. :booty:

Darksiders 2 didnt really do it for me and I spen 60 on it when it first came out back in August. Its ok but i guess for like 10 bucks then sure get it, its pretty fun but not too engaging. I highly recommend Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I highly recommend Hotline Miami and Thomas Was Alone.[/QUOTE]
Hotline Miami was awesome.
And so is its soundtrack.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so did I, earlier. I figured it was cheap enough and who knows exactly what will happen.

So is this pre order DLC that comes with Gamersgate version of Darksiders II worth it? Versus paying say $5 down the line for the regular version? Is it available to purchase outside of this?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So is this pre order DLC that comes with Gamersgate version of Darksiders II worth it? Versus paying say $5 down the line for the regular version? Is it available to purchase outside of this?[/QUOTE]

I and others in the GG thread have the same experience:
[quote name='asheskitty']I just redeemed my GG DS2 key (just the base DS2 key). Steam reports: "Darksiders 2 - Preorder Retail" and my right-click DLC-tab indicates Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, & Skeletal Axe of Rending.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Decided to bite on Darksiders 2 on GG with the combined IGN and G2PO discounts. It's a bit higher than I'll usually pay for something I won't play immediately, but I decided not to risk the THQ fallout.[/QUOTE]

What THQ fallout are you referring to?

[quote name='aus_nacht']What THQ fallout are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

The one where they defaulted on their $50 million loan over the weekend.

[quote name='Mooby']They went to the Curt Schilling school of video game company management.[/QUOTE]

Na, at least then they would have a state invested in them. THQ is showing how pouring a lot of resources into a single project and that project tanks it takes the whole company down. Damn you uDraw.

THQ's been around for over 3 decades, and released more than one game. And probably did not pay $1.5 million (with provisions for $5 million more in royalty) for the story to one game. So no, not at all like Curt Schilling.

[quote name='pantsattack']I'm really glad I played Vice City before starting GTA3 today. Vice is better in every way I can think, but the worst is the lack of Claude's voice, drab colors and style, and blech radio stations. Oh and no sinking in-game map![/QUOTE]

Funny, because my reaction was the opposite. I loved GTA3, but I just could not will myself to keep playing VC. I thought it was uglier and just wanted Tommy to shut up already. It felt like all he did was complain, but never to anyone's face, just so I alone could hear him. The most fun I had with it was spotting the references to the future events of GTA3.

Valve is trolling everyone with the Darksiders 2 sale right before Black Friday and a month or so away from the Winter Sale. Don't do it!

[quote name='DPsycho']Funny, because my reaction was the opposite. I loved GTA3, but I just could not will myself to keep playing VC. I thought it was uglier and just wanted Tommy to shut up already. It felt like all he did was complain, but never to anyone's face, just so I alone could hear him. The most fun I had with it was spotting the references to the future events of GTA3.[/QUOTE]

ZI9b8.jpg

I loved Tommy, freakin' Ray Liotta, man! It was easy to root for him as a psychotic killer screwed over by his mob family. With Claude, I have nothing to root for being just a thug errand boy who does what he's told and gives others nothing to play off of.

I haven't got to it yet, but I hear the gun-runner is back and one armed. That's hilarious!

[quote name='pantsattack']
ZI9b8.jpg

I loved Tommy, freakin' Ray Liotta, man! It was easy to root for him as a psychotic killer screwed over by his mob family. With Claude, I have nothing to root for being just a thug errand boy who does what he's told and gives others nothing to play off of.

I haven't got to it yet, but I hear the gun-runner is back and one armed. That's hilarious![/QUOTE]
All Hail The Queen!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to put a series of 1 sentence reviews for games from my backlog below.

Trauma - Visual art project that's worth a look if it's already in your library but doesn't thematically hit home.

MacGuffin's Curse - Clever (as in funny writing), cool block pushing game that's extremely easy to "s rank" if you care about Steam achievements.

Wizorb - As interesting as breakout gets - Hard, but you can brute force your way through it due to the inventory/lives elements.

Nikopol:secrets of the Immortals - Really pretty with a really cool fiction, though the actual puzzle elements are subpar.

Post-Mortem - Aged poorly and kind of broken, but it has a lot of cool ideas, its puzzles are mostly logical, and some of the voice acting really cracks me up, so basically I'm saying it's a really earnest game that I would highly recommend even though it's sort of a mess.

Kane and Lynch 2 - Totally worth playing for Co-Op - extremely short and kind of funny if you like looking at grizzled men's asses.

Breath of Death VII - It's what you think it is but it has this really cool random battle system where if you want to you can kill everything in an area and stop worrying about random battles so this is a thing that is stretching my one sentence limit even though earlier once or twice I cheated with dashes but you should probably check this out if you like old school RPGs and it isn't as tedious as you would think.

FEAR 2 - Doesn't quite have the flair and AI of FEAR, but is a strong showing and the mech stuff is a lot of fun.

FEAR 3 - This game is a mess and seemed overly long, and I think it's only 5 to 6 hours - just skip it.

Analogue: A Hate Story - This game is incredible. I'm not going to do this in one sentence because I find that offensive to this game. I came into it expecting something kind of skeezy, being a visual novel in the anime style. It's not only not a gross game, it's an extremely powerful piece of art railing against violence against women. It isn't a long game, and the endings are a little dumb, but its main goal is a sharp critique against classical Korean feudalism and its impact on women, and I think it's totally worth experiencing. I really can't recommend this enough, and rest assured, if you were like me and thought it was going to be an embarrassing mess, it's a mature (not mature as in sexual, mature as in well-written with serious themes) piece of art that is worth experiencing.

[quote name='DPsycho']Funny, because my reaction was the opposite. I loved GTA3, but I just could not will myself to keep playing VC. I thought it was uglier and just wanted Tommy to shut up already. It felt like all he did was complain, but never to anyone's face, just so I alone could hear him. The most fun I had with it was spotting the references to the future events of GTA3.[/QUOTE]

Same here, GTA3 is the only GTA I like (also one of my favorite games ever) and the only other one I ever finished was VC and it was torturous.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'll have to disagree on FEAR3. I loved it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I might have taken it in too fast after FEAR2, which I think is superior, and I think FPS games are hard to take in quick succession.

I know you agree with me on Analogue, though. I almost added that it had your seal of approval on the end of my quick review.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Analogue: A Hate Story - This game is incredible. I'm not going to do this in one sentence because I find that offensive to this game. I came into it expecting something kind of skeezy, being a visual novel in the anime style. It's not only not a gross game, it's an extremely powerful piece of art railing against violence against women.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, that's not what I want! That's not what I want at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back