The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
If you wanted SS 3 and DLC then yes this is nice. SS3 has only ever been $7.50 if memory serves. That strikes me as a lapse in judgment though. The last thing I want after a SS game is more SS. Hell, wish I had had LESS SS3

Still nothing from Steam Support. I get the feeling they don't work weekends! And since I only inquired why it was suspended, I will still have to figure out whatever to resolve it once I get a response back, another week of waiting for responses. Then come the holidays and steam winter sale too... I have a feeling I won't be getting this resolved until mid-january if I am lucky.

Not really acceptable for a multi-billion dollar retailer but what choice do I have if I want to play PC games these days?

After all this I fail to see what is so bad about Origin. The client? Just sits there it seems. Lacks cool features but very basic. Support? Actually can email, call, or live chat and get a response within minutes. "EA is so greedy!!"? And Valve isn't? You are fooling yourself if you think Valve has huge sales out of the kindness of Gabe's Heart.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Random Encounter is a really cool idea with a neat style, but the difficulty curve is all over the place, to the point that even though it's only around an hour long I didn't feel like finishing it.[/QUOTE]

Buddy of mine (who has pretty eclectic tastes and likes most indie games) said it was mediocre at best, had some bugs, and yeah, there's the whole hour long thing. But yeah, you know a game can't be that good if you get tired of it within twenty or so minutes.

[quote name='xRidley']
Not really acceptable for a multi-billion dollar retailer but what choice do I have if I want to play PC games these days?[/QUOTE]

While Steamworks as a DRM is becoming more and more pervasive it isn't THAT pervasive yet. Maybe about 20 or so modern titles (excluding Valve's own games)?

[quote name='xRidley']Still nothing from Steam Support. I get the feeling they don't work weekends! And since I only inquired why it was suspended, I will still have to figure out whatever to resolve it once I get a response back, another week of waiting for responses. Then come the holidays and steam winter sale too... I have a feeling I won't be getting this resolved until mid-january if I am lucky.

Not really acceptable for a multi-billion dollar retailer but what choice do I have if I want to play PC games these days?

After all this I fail to see what is so bad about Origin. The client? Just sits there it seems. Lacks cool features but very basic. Support? Actually can email, call, or live chat and get a response within minutes. "EA is so greedy!!"? And Valve isn't? You are fooling yourself if you think Valve has huge sales out of the kindness of Gabe's Heart.[/QUOTE]

So when you first posted on here I kind of got after you about being too upset for the situation as it stood at that point.

As it has now been a number of days with no word back, you now have my permission to be extremely pissed off.

Because I'm sure you've been waiting with bated breath for my approval.

[quote name='Mooby']
While Steamworks as a DRM is becoming more and more pervasive it isn't THAT pervasive yet. Maybe about 20 or so modern titles (excluding Valve's own games)?[/QUOTE]

It is significantly more than 20.

[quote name='xRidley']Still nothing from Steam Support. I get the feeling they don't work weekends! And since I only inquired why it was suspended, I will still have to figure out whatever to resolve it once I get a response back, another week of waiting for responses. Then come the holidays and steam winter sale too... I have a feeling I won't be getting this resolved until mid-january if I am lucky.

After all this I fail to see what is so bad about Origin. The client? Just sits there it seems. Lacks cool features but very basic. Support? Actually can email, call, or live chat and get a response within minutes. "EA is so greedy!!"? And Valve isn't? You are fooling yourself if you think Valve has huge sales out of the kindness of Gabe's Heart.[/QUOTE]

Fire off another ticket with a different header and department. I had to do that to get my last painfully easy issue resolved

[quote name='Eldredpe']

It is significantly more than 20.[/QUOTE]

It's insidious! Like a silent creeping disease!

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']Fallout Collection $6.80

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2008/

Anyone know if this is a good deal. Never played the games but would like to get into them?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good deal -- $2+ for each. Sometimes you can find them on GOG around that price if you prefer the DRM free option. Just keep in mind these are absolutely nothing like the modern iterations of Fallout.

[quote name='Rsmobile']With this in mind, I'd like to say nice job on the last six pages of this thread. good work team.[/QUOTE]

RollingSkull, you just keep being you. Every time you use this account I imagine you posting while cruising around in something like this:
SkullCar02.jpg

Now where are my Bioshock Infinite conspiracy discussions?!

Oh, Rsmobile is Rolling Skull? Time to update my ignore list. Not that I find him offensive but his taste in games is usually so laughably bad that most of his posts are a waste of space.

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks. I feel like I'll buy it out of peer pressure.[/QUOTE]

I kind of want to pull a Magicka buy and just get all the SS stuff so I don't ever have to think about it again the many times it goes on sale.

It's bad when you start feeling like games have a personality and are constantly hounding you to buy them.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Why is are you using that account, RS, by the way?[/QUOTE]

I've wondered that several times but then I got tired of wasting brain power trying to come up with a reason that makes any kind of sense at all.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']That seems harsh over someone's taste in video games.[/QUOTE]

He's like someone's grumpy old uncle who hates everything but has a secret soft spot for Anime.

[quote name='Mooby']Oh, Rsmobile is Rolling Skull? Time to update my ignore list. Not that I find him offensive but his taste in games is usually so laughably bad that most of his posts are a waste of space.[/QUOTE]

That seems harsh over someone's taste in video games.

[quote name='Mooby']Oh, Rsmobile is Rolling Skull? Time to update my ignore list. Not that I find him offensive but his taste in games is usually so laughably bad that most of his posts are a waste of space.[/QUOTE]

Lol. This x1000.

Also I'm very happy with that serious sam bundle.

Dear Steam,

What did you think I did wrong so I can use the correct argument in my defense. This will aid me in not further implicating myself in stuff you don't know abo...errrrr...accusing me of other things I haven't done.

Sincerely,
Wrongfully Accused

There are some genuinely bad games out there that I'm sure he and I agree on but I've seen him bash some good indie games while praising modern AAA shlock. It's enough for me to discount anything he says. I have no doubt there are many people here who disagree with my tastes but I usually keep my stronger opinions to myself for the sake of decorum.

[quote name='Rsmobile']$10 for the SS franchise isn't all that great a deal. You don't need the whole franchise. It'd be like buying every Dynasty Warriors game in one big bundle. You can get the best and only one you need for $2.50 regularly[/QUOTE]

The SS franchise pack is for the fan. If you don't love the series then getting all of them (I'm sticking with just the FPS games in the pack here) might be overkill. But if you find the goofy humor and nutty action to be your cup of tea then they are different enough that you'll find you want to entire offering.

[quote name='pantsattack']I like RS! I'm not into SHMUPS and Eastern games and he can't convince me otherwise, but sometimes he's the voice of reason we need.[/QUOTE]

RS is right more than people like to admit. I now see his opinion on Serious Sam used by all kinds of people when the "which SS should I get?" question pops up. Maybe, and it's just speculation, people disagree because he actually plays the games he has an opinion on, while others just use groupthink as their opinion. Hell, the SS example above has essentially become groupthink.

[quote name='chris00cm']When does the winter sale begin? Sorry I bet this question has been asked multiple times.[/QUOTE]

After the Rams wreck the Vikings and shortly before they stomp the Buccaneers.

So Square is having a half off sale right now and while the console people are all ZOMG HALF OFF!? for PC we're pretty much like Only HALF off? Meh.

Anyway, I did notice Season of Mystery, the Cherry Blossom Murders (hidden object point and click) is going for $2.49 and activates on Steam. I think that's about as cheap as it's ever been.

Not too much else of interest for the PC that I could see. Sleeping Dogs has already been sub half off if you count some of the GMG voucher stacking deals.

[quote name='Preedatore']RS is right more than people like to admit. I now see his opinion on Serious Sam used by all kinds of people when the "which SS should I get?" question pops up. Maybe, and it's just speculation, people disagree because he actually plays the games he has an opinion on, while others just use groupthink as their opinion. Hell, the SS example above has essentially become groupthink.[/QUOTE]

No groupthink from me -- I just disagree with the vast majority of his opinions. I don't disagree with his opinion on SS stuff but, on the whole, we have drastically different tastes. Thus his 'rightness' on any given title is also a matter of opinion/taste.

[quote name='chris00cm']When does the winter sale begin? Sorry I bet this question has been asked multiple times.[/QUOTE]

20th.

Thanks for the kind words and nomination folks in regards to the next thread. I don't think I'm up for it though. I'm also usually barely available during the Thanksgiving and Winter sales and I was even gone during the summer sale this year and those are important times for this thread.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Why is are you using that account, RS, by the way?[/QUOTE]

Based on the mobile I assume he has his main account running the regular CAG skin and the mobile one using the mobile skin. I remember enabling the skin on my phone for the first time, coming back to the PC and seeing it had changed there as well, and then running off to tapatalk.

[quote name='Preedatore']
After the Rams wreck the Vikings and shortly before they stomp the Buccaneers.[/QUOTE]

That is right before they make the playoffs? Heh. Heh.

[quote name='Mooby']I usually keep my stronger opinions to myself for the sake of decorum.[/QUOTE]
These comments next to each other look funny to me.

Thank you, I'm here all week. Tip your waitress. But, like I said to the other guy, if you think that's a strong/harsh opinion, there are places on the internet that would make you blush.

[quote name='louiedog']Thanks for the kind words and nomination folks in regards to the next thread. I don't think I'm up for it though. I'm also usually barely available during the Thanksgiving and Winter sales and I was even gone during the summer sale this year and those are important times for this thread.

Based on the mobile I assume he has his main account running the regular CAG skin and the mobile one using the mobile skin. I remember enabling the skin on my phone for the first time, coming back to the PC and seeing it had changed there as well, and then running off to tapatalk.[/QUOTE]

So louiedog is out of the running. Anyone want to volunteer? Now is the time to step up:

images

I try not to make a big deal out of it but I use Rsmobile so my "unread CAG posts" lights don't mess up every time I accidentally click the wrong bookmark on my phone. And also because the mobile skin sucks eggs.

But yes, it's me dialing in crap on the phone. That's it.

[quote name='hal']The SS franchise pack is for the fan. If you don't love the series then getting all of them (I'm sticking with just the FPS games in the pack here) might be overkill. But if you find the goofy humor and nutty action to be your cup of tea then they are different enough that you'll find you want to entire offering.[/QUOTE]

The fan ALREADY HAS the series though. That's the oddest part. Anybody who doesn't have the series would be jumping in too deep buying all of these games, especially considering the deal history of these games and how almost interchangeable they are.

Regarding Mooby, I've got a thick skin. It's perfectly alright. Many people on the internet have trouble when they view opinions that conflict with their own. That said, let's drop the subject. I get annoyed when a page doesn't have deal discussion on it and doubly so when it becomes meta-deal-RollingSkull discussion. There are enough waste of space posts on this forum without continuing to ego-feed someone's unnecessary public declaration of an addition to an ignore list.

Have to crack though, the mean streets of RPG Codex? Those neckbeards? Oh man, that's almost as much e-badass cred as you'd get claiming you grew up in the rough-and-tumble, take-no-prisoners hellhole that is Rutland, Vermont.

See? I get triply annoyed because I CANNOT STOP MYSELF FROM CONTINUING e-slapfights.

For the Steam thread I find the OP pretty irrelevant. I don't think the title matters much, since people will check it out for it maintaining it's top-10-CAG-thread rank. It's not like the seasonal steam sales pass without notice. If anything, I think it would be nice to have thread with a really dull name for regulars to hang out in during the steam sale. -- Thus not being forced to wade through 3 pages per hour of "Does it activate on Origin?" "If I buy the DLC can I play it on Xbox?" "What are good games?" "Can I pay with paypal?" "Game X sucks. Steam sucks. All of you suck."

[quote name='Motoki']I kind of want to pull a Magicka buy and just get all the SS stuff so I don't ever have to think about it again the many times it goes on sale.

It's bad when you start feeling like games have a personality and are constantly hounding you to buy them.[/QUOTE]

I manged to talk myself outta it. First Person anything runs a high chance of making me motion sick. I haven't had any urge for Quake-like gameplay.

>.> Magicka. I finally bit on it for $3.25 in spring and played it. Kinda fun/novel, but a bit overhyped. After finishing the base game I had no desire to buy/play any of the DLC. This naturally meant that Tony forced upon me another copy of Magicka (and handful of DLC) back with the Crusader Kings packs in late Spring / early Summer.

Maybe renouncing the material world is the only cure.

I've got so many of you on ignore that I don't even have to scroll the page to see all 20 posts. Of course I feel like I'm missing out so I use my mobiledog account with a clear ignore list to see what everyone is saying.

[quote name='louiedog']I've got so many of you on ignore that I don't even have to scroll the page to see all 20 posts. Of course I feel like I'm missing out so I use my mobiledog account with a clear ignore list to see what everyone is saying.[/QUOTE]

Just open the thread in a Chrome Incognito window. Never mind, you'll probably never see this.

I just found out about half the people I work with are taking the next two weeks off so I should have plenty of free time to create a thread and update the title as needed. I suspect the thread will only make it through the winter sale, if summer was any indication.

[quote name='SeymourGams']Did anyone end up taking my copies of Cogs and Crayon Physics?[/QUOTE]

Or my vaguely coded key for Theater of War?

[quote name='Genocidal']I just found out about half the people I work with are taking the next two weeks off so I should have plenty of free time to create a thread and update the title as needed. I suspect the thread will only make it through the winter sale, if summer was any indication.[/QUOTE]

Do it! We've been in need of a new one for a while and especially now that the winter sale is near.

[quote name='Genocidal']I'll throw something up this weekend if no one objects, have to pretend to be social tonight being a Friday night and all.[/QUOTE]

Throwing up gang signs on the weekend is no way to pretend you have a social life. ;)

I'm cool with that, as long as East doesn't mind, or Cheapy could create a new thread on behalf of East like he did before, not sure if that'd work out though.

[quote name='Severose']Throwing up gang signs on the weekend is no way to pretend you have a social life. ;)

I'm cool with that, as long as East doesn't mind, or Cheapy could create a new thread on behalf of East like he did before, not sure if that'd work out though.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't fix the problem that Eastx wouldn't be around to update the title.

A peanut gallery thread to keep the original purpose of this thread intact would be the responsible thing to do. In other words, it wouldn't work.

[quote name='pantsattack']RollingSkull, you just keep being you. Every time you use this account I imagine you posting while cruising around in something like this:
SkullCar02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's... how he rolls.

[quote name='Motoki']Why is Revelations 2012 pushing all these updates all the sudden? Are they getting ready for the end times?[/QUOTE]

Isn't next week the last week ever?

[quote name='Eldredpe']"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke

I think we should ride this wave into the winter sale, making this thread nearly impossible to navigate for anyone who isn't a regular.

That would go really well, I think.[/QUOTE]
doesnt really take a lot, just a question of wading through spam if thats what you mean

$5 or bust for Binary Domain!

Back to the real point in this thread, I think dfg should make the OP. Or have Idioteqke and Motoki co-host. Or asheskitty as punishment for posting a deal.

[quote name='Lint21']$5 or bust for Binary Domain![/QUOTE]
I'm of the same opinion. $1.25 is another game, and I've already wasted enough money on AAA and indie titles which have appeared in bundles before I've come around to playing them. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back