The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked this last night, but it got buried.

The current http://getloadedgo.com/ promo, is this the first that the GotY version of Borderlands has hit the $5 mark (effectively)? Or is it that cheap in the 4-pack when it goes on its usual $7.49 sale? I never paid much attention to 4-pack prices until recently. Also, I'm finding that I'm just not as interested in picking up the first game as I used to be.

I'm pretty sure Borderlands GOTY is $5 in a four-pack when 75% off. I think it was also effectively cheaper in a bundle from Amazon.

[quote name='Preedatore']Someone wake me up when the AC3 credit roll finishes...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Preedatore']Just finished up. I wasn't keeping track, but it had to be over 20 minutes. No wonder game budgets are through the roof.[/QUOTE]
The AC credits always tend to be long, unskippable, and force you to stick around as there is a post credits scene (or youtube). It's one thing about the series I wish they would change.

[quote name='MysterD']While I've had both RFG and RFA for a while...
...I still ain't touched them!

Dang, I own TOO many games, heh.

EDIT:

Binary Domain was surprisingly awesome.
Sleeper Hit, for sure.[/QUOTE]
I need to give Binary Domain another shot, the demo really rubbed me wrong with it autodetecting my microphone and forcing me to use that to control my team.

[quote name='DPsycho']I asked this last night, but it got buried.

The current http://getloadedgo.com/ promo, is this the first that the GotY version of Borderlands has hit the $5 mark (effectively)? Or is it that cheap in the 4-pack when it goes on its usual $7.49 sale? I never paid much attention to 4-pack prices until recently. Also, I'm finding that I'm just not as interested in picking up the first game as I used to be.[/QUOTE]
4 pack at 75% off was $5.63 each.

[quote name='plft']4 pack at 75% off was $5.63 each.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was pretty sure it hadn't actually made it down to five dollars, but I kept second guessing myself.

At this point, I'm going to keep waiting.

[quote name='plft']
I need to give Binary Domain another shot, the demo really rubbed me wrong with it autodetecting my microphone and forcing me to use that to control my team.
[/QUOTE]
DO NOT play this game w/ a microphone or any of that voice-detection stuff.
TURN IT OFF in your Options!
That feature's a complete waste b/c it does a HORRIBLE job of actually taking correctly what you said!
Often, it just comes off w/ the wrong response entirely OR it just doesn't take at all!

When the voice-recognition stuff actually works, it's pretty damn cool - but that's VERY-VERY-VERY rare.
Play it like a normal game - i.e. w/ KB/mouse or gamepad only - you'll be MUCH happier.

I have to watch the full credits for everything. Yes everything. Thank you super hero movies for that. I have this paranoia that if I don't then Captain Picard will rematerialize or some other huge reveal that I miss.

Like even if I am watching The Diary of Anne Frank then I will still need to watch the entire credits through the just to make sure that I don't miss the secret ending where she comes back to life and defeats the (not Serious Sam) SS.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And I am two breathtaking quasi-lesbianic young Russian girls.[/QUOTE]

Now I know who to see for cheap Steam keys.

[quote name='unless']And on-topic, I'm about 90 minutes into Waking Mars and I'm really enjoying it. It really captures that all-too-rare feeling of genuine exploration. Reminds me of Super Metroid in that sense. Definitely worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Waking Mars is really awesome. I have 800 bajillion games and I hardly ever feel like playing any of them and when I do they generally make me go bleh ever 5 minutes and close them out to go read some dumb random shit people are talking about on the internet but WM really sucked me in in a good way.

I'd definitely recommend it without hesitation.

[quote name='MysterD']DO NOT play this game w/ a microphone or any of that voice-detection stuff.
That feature's a complete waste b/c it does a HORRIBLE job of actually taking correctly what you said!
Often, it just comes off w/ the wrong response entirely OR it just doesn't take at all!

When the voice-recognition stuff actually works, it's pretty damn cool - but that's VERY-VERY-VERY rare.
Play it like a normal game - i.e. w/ KB/mouse or gamepad only - you'll be MUCH happier.[/QUOTE]

BIG BO! Who doesn't like BIG BO! :lol:

[quote name='BoringPat']I have just played 3 hours of Red Faction: Armageddon. I must say, reviews from Gamespot and Giantbomb were very generous. I find the shooting mechanics absolutely flat, no fun. The guns all sounded awful. While the "repair gun" mechanic can be fun, it wasn't used very intelligently (so far).

And, I think because of budget, the levels were monotonous. And having the story mostly happened underground doesn't help.

From what I have seen so far, then, I will give it a 2 out of 5. I know everyone now own this game that my review is kinda pointless. But when you consider whether to install it to your harddrive, I think you won't miss much if you just let it be just an entry in your steam backlog.[/QUOTE]

See, I rather liked RFA in a 6/10 almost 7/10 way. I thought they got the shooting right. I liked the dodge button and there was just something between bullet to enemy ragdoll that they got right. RFA really worked as a beta for SR3 in that regard as the shooting quality, engine, etc were all sort of a prototype for that.

That said, RFA isn't great. The enemies' one-note pillar hopping gimmick is cool but... it's one note. You're tired of that well before the end and the end is a LONG time coming. Hell, they really could have cut a lot of the game and given us a few better boss fights. Weapon balance never, ever feels right. You get a huge assortment of gimmick guns that you would never use seriously if you were halfway smart about it but are fun to whip out now and then and the standbys are underpowered but at least you can get ammo for them. For $1, it's a fun way to diddle around and blast aliens but I wouldn't recommend it.

[quote name='MysterD']While I've had both RFG and RFA for a while...
...I still ain't touched them!

Dang, I own TOO many games, heh.

EDIT:

Binary Domain was surprisingly awesome.
Sleeper Hit, for sure.[/QUOTE]

RFG is a better game, I think, but more because it is open world against humans. I maintain RFG and RFA were of similar mediocre quality but RFG chose an easier playfield to dick around in.

It's a pet peeve of mine that people played BD but not Inversion when, to me, they were of very close quality.

[quote name='Severose']I've gotta say, your character as a tired CAG wins my heart and the internets in so many ways... I want to see more of this person, between this thread and the Amazon DVG thread. :)[/QUOTE]

Uhm... yes... character...

[quote name='DPsycho']Thanks, I was pretty sure it hadn't actually made it down to five dollars, but I kept second guessing myself.

At this point, I'm going to keep waiting.[/QUOTE]

If you're shopping for Borderlands GOTY, then .50-.75 isn't much of a difference. The amount of content there will keep you busy for 100+ hours if you do both playthroughs (the second playthrough always has the best enemies/loot but it's a lot tougher) or multiple characters. It's just as much worth 5.63 as it is 5.00.

Also, be prepared to not understand or care for the ending of the main campaign. There's much more closure at the end of the Claptrap DLC (you should play that last). I'd do the main campaign first, taking care not to overlevel. Around level 30 you should check out the Zombie DLC. When you get close to 40... head into General Knoxx DLC. Skip Moxxi DLC and you won't miss a thing (but do take advantage of the huge loot bank you'll find there).

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']So Rigonauts is the daily at $3.39. Wuzzat?[/QUOTE]

Bundle fodder I'd say. I'm not one to analyze indie devs and their allegiance to certain bundles, but the next Humble should be inbound. I believe last one Steam put a couple of the games on sale before the bundle dropped.

[quote name='RollingSkull']See, I rather liked RFA in a 6/10 almost 7/10 way. I thought they got the shooting right. I liked the dodge button and there was just something between bullet to enemy ragdoll that they got right. RFA really worked as a beta for SR3 in that regard as the shooting quality, engine, etc were all sort of a prototype for that.

That said, RFA isn't great. The enemies' one-note pillar hopping gimmick is cool but... it's one note. You're tired of that well before the end and the end is a LONG time coming. Hell, they really could have cut a lot of the game and given us a few better boss fights. Weapon balance never, ever feels right. You get a huge assortment of gimmick guns that you would never use seriously if you were halfway smart about it but are fun to whip out now and then and the standbys are underpowered but at least you can get ammo for them. For $1, it's a fun way to diddle around and blast aliens but I wouldn't recommend it.

RFG is a better game, I think, but more because it is open world against humans. I maintain RFG and RFA were of similar mediocre quality but RFG chose an easier playfield to dick around in.

It's a pet peeve of mine that people played BD but not Inversion when, to me, they were of very close quality.[/QUOTE]

Did you prefer RFG or SR:TT?

[quote name='Preedatore']Bundle fodder I'd say. I'm not one to analyze indie devs and their allegiance to certain bundles, but the next Humble should be inbound. I believe last one Steam put a couple of the games on sale before the bundle dropped.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I forgot about that. We might be able to predict some of the games that might show up in HiB 7 by watching the daily deals over the next few days.

Speaking of Humble Bundle predictions, does anybody have any? I'm gonna predict that Legend Of Grimrock (because of humble store ties) & Terraria (no good reason here) are part of it.

[quote name='The End']You're right. I forgot about that. We might be able to predict some of the games that might show up in HiB 7 by watching the daily deals over the next few days.

Speaking of Humble Bundle predictions, does anybody have any? I'm gonna predict that Legend Of Grimrock (because of humble store ties) & Terraria (no good reason here) are part of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to make a bold prediction of FTL being the BTA game.

No real reason other than it being unexpected and a big draw.

Also, that 2D portals game... Gateways? That's one of my guesses as well.

Possibly They Bleed Pixels.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you prefer RFG or SR:TT?[/QUOTE]
CLEVER. Got me trapped!

During playing it, RFG, but once I got beyond the simple joy of the sledgehammer (Finest moment: The demo of RFG. I smacked the first pedestrian I could see. His ragdoll hit a concrete barrier with such force the barrier crumbled. I am weak as hell against hits in games that FEEL powerful so that was catnip to me for a while.) I will never play RFG again. I hated SR3 while playing it but now that all that crap is done, you'll see me playing SR3 again though simply because the shooting is a delight so I can start a gunfight whenever. Three Way was a giant stupid pain in the ass the first time I played it but now there is a certain enjoyment to be had in reloading that save and getting through it.

Helped that I modded my savegame down to half control so gangs would be back on the streets.

[quote name='hal']
If you're shopping for Borderlands GOTY, then .50-.75 isn't much of a difference. The amount of content there will keep you busy for 100+ hours if you do both playthroughs (the second playthrough always has the best enemies/loot but it's a lot tougher) or multiple characters. It's just as much worth 5.63 as it is 5.00.
Also, be prepared to not understand or care for the ending of the main campaign. There's much more closure at the end of the Claptrap DLC (you should play that last). I'd do the main campaign first, taking care not to overlevel. Around level 30 you should check out the Zombie DLC. When you get close to 40... head into General Knoxx DLC. Skip Moxxi DLC and you won't miss a thing (but do take advantage of the huge loot bank you'll find there).[/QUOTE]

I found it way too easy to overlevel in BL since I like to do side quests. There is however a simple fix, WillowTree lets you knock down your character level, reset quests, and more.

Moxii DLC is just a bank, a couple vending machines, and survive waves of enemies in arenas.

I'm glad someone else had issues with the last mission in SR3 (SR:TT). I feel that there was a balance problem there, especially since Pierce had a tendency to die under or around the area's tank. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, but, then again, that's how I felt about the way I played Jet Grind/Set Radio.

And, believe me: When it comes to racing Beat with Combo, I don't know anyone that didn't "dash 'n jump" their way to a very slight victory.

[quote name='The End']You're right. I forgot about that. We might be able to predict some of the games that might show up in HiB 7 by watching the daily deals over the next few days.

Speaking of Humble Bundle predictions, does anybody have any? I'm gonna predict that Legend Of Grimrock (because of humble store ties) & Terraria (no good reason here) are part of it.[/QUOTE]

Grimrock as BTA. Rest: Awesomenauts, Dear Esther, Trine 2, and uh... English Country Tune.

I've seen the scoreboards for Hitman Absolution on Steam.

I'm very disappointed in ALL of you. You should be ashamed.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm glad someone else had issues with the last mission in SR3 (SR:TT). I feel that there was a balance problem there, especially since Pierce had a tendency to die under or around the area's tank. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, but, then again, that's how I felt about the way I played Jet Grind/Set Radio.

And, believe me: When it comes to racing Beat with Combo, I don't know anyone that didn't "dash 'n jump" their way to a very slight victory.[/QUOTE]

SR3 wasn't balanced to begin with and was never designed to be.

Three Way would have been better had it had checkpoints AT every fight. The drive is tedious as hell, especially given how boring Steelport is.

Also the problem with Stag Tanks and their dumb tracking lazers and invincible yet bleeding turret gunners and the fact that you could very easily be without weapons that COULD hurt them.

[quote name='Mooby']Grimrock as BTA. Rest: Awesomenauts, Dear Esther, Trine 2, and uh... English Country Tune.[/QUOTE]
I would very much enjoy Bad Rats as the Beat The Average game. (As a result, Bad Rats would have its own Steam key.)

The results would be hilariously dire to me, but I have a terrible sense of humor.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I would very much enjoy Bad Rats as the Beat The Average game. (As a result, Bad Rats would have its own Steam key.)[/QUOTE]

Clearly you weren't paying attention when Indie Gala 5 was out.

Speaking of which, does anybody out there actually want a Bad Rats key? I've got one. It's a perennial candidate for the worst game on steam though. So consider yourself warned.

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I think I might have misunderstood it. I took it to mean that you were wistfully dreaming of the possibility of there being a key for Bad Rats. Upon further review, you might have just meant that would be funny if it got included with the bundle, but you wouldn't want to have it on your account. So you'd hope for a separate key.

I've been waiting for the 3rd Penny Arcade game to hit a HIB. Since the HIB has a tie-in to Child's Play, and since this is the time of year that they really push that, I figure it would be a good one to throw in - maybe as the BTA.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I've seen the scoreboards for Hitman Absolution on Steam.

I'm very disappointed in ALL of you. You should be ashamed.[/quote]
WAIT until when I get the game then, hehe.
You'll probably be VERY disappointed in ME, I'd bet. ;)

[quote name='argyle']I've been waiting for the 3rd Penny Arcade game to hit a HIB. Since the HIB has a tie-in to Child's Play, and since this is the time of year that they really push that, I figure it would be a good one to throw in - maybe as the BTA.[/QUOTE]

I have also been waiting to pick up Rainslick 3, having played through both earlier episodes and both of Zeboyd's other commercially released games in the last couple months.

[quote name='MysterD']DO NOT play this game w/ a microphone or any of that voice-detection stuff.

Play it like a normal game - i.e. w/ KB/mouse or gamepad only - you'll be MUCH happier.[/QUOTE]
I tried to turn it off, but then it wasn't giving me any options for dialog choices. I wonder if the demo never got updated while the actual game did. I hope I won't have to disconnect my microphone as it's in my monitor.

In the steam client, is there a way to disable the little pop-up messages telling you what the people on your friends list are playing? I've got one guy on my friend's list who's constantly switching between games and every 5 minutes I see a frickin' popup.

Usually I just switch my status to "offline" and I don't see the popups, but there's gotta be another way.

[quote name='The End']In the steam client, is there a way to disable the little pop-up messages telling you what the people on your friends list are playing? I've got one guy on my friend's list who's constantly switching between games and every 5 minutes I see a frickin' popup.

Usually I just switch my status to "offline" and I don't see the popups, but there's gotta be another way.[/QUOTE]

Steam --> Settings --> Friends Tab ---> Uncheck "Display a notification" under "When friend joins game"

[quote name='Eldredpe']Steam --> Settings --> Friends Tab ---> Uncheck "Display a notification" under "When friend joins game"[/QUOTE]

Bless you. You just might have saved my sanity.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Steam --> Settings --> Friends Tab ---> Uncheck "Display a notification" under "When friend joins game"[/QUOTE]

Mine too... pissed me off to no end. Considered deleting my friends lists but I met some cool people through CAG.

[quote name='The End']

I really think that FTL is going to be featured in the next one. It's cross platform, has ties to the Humble Store and has also been on sale in the last week at both GOG and Steam. I'd say that Grimrock would be another pretty good bet.

Thank you. I was about to drop some of my steam friends who actually play their games. Nothing is more annoying than being caught up in a show or game or article then seeing so and so is playing Skyrim pop up in the lower corner of my screen.

[quote name='The End']In the steam client, is there a way to disable the little pop-up messages telling you what the people on your friends list are playing? I've got one guy on my friend's list who's constantly switching between games and every 5 minutes I see a frickin' popup.

Usually I just switch my status to "offline" and I don't see the popups, but there's gotta be another way.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I have a short attention span.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Uhm... yes... character...[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, You're a big fine woman, why don't ya back that thing up......Oh wait, that's when they say you have a great personality. My bad.

D'OH. All this time I never knew that.

This should be the default. There's a million reasons why people might be starting and stopping games over and over in a short time period.

There's been times where I was trying out a bunch of different ENBs in Skyrim and restarting over and over etc. Most of the time I go into offline mode as a courtesy but a few times I'm sure I forgot to.

I'm more than a little shocked that it's news to so many people.

The End asked the question, so I opened up the settings and looked.

It was right there.

I guess it's one of those annoying things that happens quickly enough you forget to do anything to fix it when it's over.

By the way, the guy who I was talking about wasn't a fellow CAG. So no need for those of you on my friend's list to feel bad.

The guy I was talking about was somebody over on NeoGAF who I once helped with regional pricing. I probably could have just deleted him I guess. But I've never removed anybody from my friend's list and I didn't want to unless it was over something serious.

[quote name='The End']By the way, the guy who I was talking about wasn't a fellow CAG. So no need for those of you on my friend's list to feel bad.

The guy I was talking about was somebody over on NeoGAF who I once helped with regional pricing. I probably could have just deleted him I guess. But I've never removed anybody from my friend's list and I didn't want to unless it was over something serious.[/QUOTE]

I was just kidding. Though I did remove you from my friend's list...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was just kidding.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. But I posted that just in case anybody else was wondering.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Though I did remove you from my friend's list...[/QUOTE]

You've never been on my friends list.

Back on topic, it's funny how Fallout Collection, priced at $3.40 earlier today, suddenly became €6,80 when I added it to my cart... hey, the dollar surely is catching up! :bouncy:
But I snagged it anyway, I'm too sentimentally attached to those games, plus I made a point to find a certain blue box in Fallout 2 that I missed back then... :)

Well, I just fired up NecroVisioN last night (yes, the N is capitalized too).

I must say, it felt like a comedy to me, although it clearly was not intended to come across that way. Funny in that Evil Dead sort of way (almost bordering on copying it). You're an American soldier during WWII, killin' Nazis and whatnot, and then BAM! Ambushed! Everybody dies, you get shot up, black out, and wake up in a bunker with some British dude. Naturally he's crazy, so you kill him, and as you attempt to escape, you quickly discover that there are zombies everywhere. Then a giant ghost face appears and is like like "Youuuu could change everything! We shall rule the world, mwahahaha!" and you're like "What have I been smoking?" (lots of one liners from your southern accented protagonist).

You move on, kill more zombies and Nazis, and then wtf, a WIZARD! He's firing magic at you, raising gun wielding zombies from the grave, conjuring glowing orange flying manta rays that shoot fire at you, and naturally blocking all your bullets with a magic shield around him. You shred through his minions, turn your sights on him, leading to a cutscene where your character goes "I can't penetrate his shield. I have to get close!", and then he disappears and the fight is over. What happened to getting close!? Then a single Nazi shows up and knocks you out with the butt of his rifle. Magic manta ray summoning wizard? No problem. Nazi with a rifle? Lights out.

And that was the first level.

I cannot comment on anything but the story, because otherwise it's just a fast paced FPS, really buggy, although it has a nice dual wielding element (plus you can KICK people over and over again).

What am I talking about again?

[quote name='The End']Oh I know. But I posted that just in case anybody else was wondering.

You've never been on my friends list.[/QUOTE]

That's what you think.

[quote name='plft']I tried to turn it off, but then it wasn't giving me any options for dialog choices. I wonder if the demo never got updated while the actual game did. I hope I won't have to disconnect my microphone as it's in my monitor.[/QUOTE]

Interesting!
I never played the demo.
I just bought the full game out-right - and there's an option to turn that voice-recognition on/off.

Thank you for posting that, they're so annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back