The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SeymourGams']Is that Bad Rats offer still out there?

I originally typed something nicer and changed it after I looked at his posting history. To me that made it clear what kind of person I was dealing with.[/QUOTE]

I dropped a Bad Rats code here a while ago. No one ever said they used it or tried though.

[quote name='dfg']^ I just finished the whole thing (Bad Rats), and while by no means is it not a bad game, it's not nearly as awful as everyone makes it out to be.[/QUOTE]
I played it for a while years ago, and from what I remember, I have the same opinion of the game.

That said, I did stop playing and haven't bothered to go back again to complete it.

I think most of the people in here are aware that Amazon has started its bigger winter deals, so I won't highlight the deals that are in that thread already. However, there are some other interesting stuff in there (all should activate on Steam, according their page. I'm not saying these are the best deals on the item ever or that they won't be beaten in the Winter sale, but I'm only mentioning those that seem to be competitive. (I'll update if I see anything else.)

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes : $2.54
Viking: Battle for Asgard : $5.09
Payday the Heist (4 pack) : $14.99
Jet Set Radio: $3.39

Rigonauts is the daily for $3.39 (66% off). Six CAGs on my friends list want it, and it doesn't look that bad...but I can see it being a bundle game soon. How many bundles has World of Goo been in? Exactly.

[quote name='Blade']Oh...so NOW it updates to Defender's Quest for $5.09 (66%). This one looks like it'll be bundled, too, so I stand by my previous statement. ;P[/QUOTE]

I was going to post pretty much the same thing and for a second I thought that I had and forgot that I did until I realized that was Blade.

[quote name='Blade']Oh...so NOW it updates to Defender's Quest for $5.09 (66%). This one looks like it'll be bundled, too, so I stand by my previous statement. ;P[/QUOTE]

I guess I've gotten pretty jaded, because I do want to play this, but it doesn't look like it's worth even $5 to me when it looks like bundle fodder. Maybe the Humble bundle that's about to drop? I'm not sure of the dev relationships to know if that's realistic, but that would be nice.

Defender's Quest falls neatly into genres I enjoy - TD and RPG. I just read about 12 really positive reviews on the game and 66% off is okay by me. Sold!

If it falls into a bundle somewhere down the line so be it. I got it with Steam achievements for a fair price and if I enjoy it half as much as I think I will (this baby's going right into my Now Playing queue) then it's money well-spent. I can feel good about paying an extra buck or two to a developer for a job well-done.

Ugh, I keep thinking about how busy the next three weeks are going to be for me, and that doesn't even take into account the Winter Sale.

Defender's Quest looks pretty good, but I have too much on my plate right now to buy something that isn't 75% off. Wishlisted for future consumption.

[quote name='Rirse']The daily deal for today is the really excellent Defender's Quest for $5. There is a chance the publisher site might update the price, as getting it there also gets you a GoG key as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218410/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip about buying from the publisher & getting a GOG key. If I do buy, I'll buy it from the Dev's site.

I also agree that it's very good. I have a friend who bought it during the "because we May" sale and I played a good bit over at his house. It's definitely on my wishlist, but I might just hold off on buying for now and see if it pops up in a bundle soon. I recall the dev saying something about them actively trying to get the game into an indie bundle back when they were still looking to get the game on steam.

Ordinarily, this combined with the fact that a Humble Bundle is set to launch sometime soon, and the fact that we have the game on sale here might prove to be a sign that it might be in HiB7. But the game is probably too new. Plus the Dev was one of the people who blasted Humble for doing the recent THQ bundle.

So....probably not.

[quote name='The End']Plus the Dev was one of the people who blasted Humble for doing the recent THQ bundle.

So....probably not.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. If the dev had already put into motion its inclusion in the next numbered HIB, that could give reason to feel strongly about Humble devaluing its brand and make such a fuss. You could argue that it's reason to expect the game.

How could they devalue their brand worse than "Indie games?"

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I think most of the people in here are aware that Amazon has started its bigger winter deals, so I won't highlight the deals that are in that thread already. However, there are some other interesting stuff in there (all should activate on Steam, according their page. I'm not saying these are the best deals on the item ever or that they won't be beaten in the Winter sale, but I'm only mentioning those that seem to be competitive. (I'll update if I see anything else.)

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes : $2.54
Viking: Battle for Asgard : $5.09
Payday the Heist (4 pack) : $14.99
Jet Set Radio: $3.39[/QUOTE]
Highlight ALL the deals you want. Amazon's site is terrible for browsing this stuff and I sure am not going digging for it. That said, $5 has been what I have been waiting for on Viking for a while. Thanks!

So I know there's a demo on Steam and the developer's site and all but if anyone is feeling super lazy about not wanting to install a demo there's a web based demo of Defender's Quest at Congregate:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/LevelUpLabs/defenders-quest-prelude?acomplete=defen

Also the developer's blog is an interesting, if TL;DRy, read. Apparently he has Tourette's Syndrome and is working Tourette's Quest game that more or less goes with the premis 'What if Link (from Legend of Zelda) had Tourette's'.

http://www.fortressofdoors.com/

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Highlight ALL the deals you want. Amazon's site is terrible for browsing this stuff and I sure am not going digging for it. [/QUOTE]

Amen.

I was thinking about getting Viking too, but too many reviews stating that it's a shoddy console port and that there's a 30fps cap... really... I shall wait for the 75% mark.

Yep. 75% off or bust for me on Viking. It's a port of a four year old console game. If Hell Yeah can hit 75% off, so can Viking. I fully expect it to hit that during the Steam sales.

anyone interested in buying "Don't Starve!?

FYI, its better to buy it over their actual website than buying it at steam directly. it uses the humble store widget so you can register and claim the page on your humble bundle account.

It's better because you get 2 chrome keys and 2 steam keys. if you buy it at steam, you only get 2 steam keys.

game is really challenging but its really fun once you get the feel of it.

[quote name='option.iv']I was thinking about getting Viking too, but too many reviews stating that it's a shoddy console port and that there's a 30fps cap... really... I shall wait for the 75% mark.[/QUOTE]

i got it with the total war pack from the autumn sale. its split into 3 worlds. I only played the first world and half of the 2nd. I didnt find a problem playing it with mouse and keyboard. I was actually pretty comfortable with that (but then again, I also enjoyed Darksiders with mouse and keyboard).

The gameplay is quite fun and fluid, but it isnt really a challenge. I chose normal mode and was too lazy to restart and switch to hard mode. I recommend that veterans of God of War/Devil May Cry/Darksiders games play on Hard mode. You can mow through the enemies with ease. After you beat them up pretty bad, you can execute them with a one click execute attack, similar to God of War. Though, you dont actually HAVE to execute them. If you leave the enemy alone for about 5 seconds, after the execute button appears over their heads, they just die by themselves. Another thing is, you can just auto-attack them 1 more time and that will finish them off also. So, theres no point in actually executing anyone (unless its a boss enemy). Executing is a waste of time cuz you have to watch a 3 second slow-motion cutscene of your character slicing them in half. That can get pretty old after a while.

Like the God of War/Devil May Cry/Darksiders games, you can unlock new combo attacks as you collect money. There are also 3 magic elements that you can buy from the home shop: fire, lightning, and ice. The magic elements simply infuse your weapons with the respective elements while your rage meter is filled. Theyre all pretty useless except the ice element, which freezes/slows enemies as you hit them. None of the unlockable skills look very impressive either. One useful unlock is a stealth kill attack. If you sneak up on an unalerted enemy from behind, you can one clik leap-execute them.

As you progress through the game, you can free captured soldiers, which then get added to your army. Once your army gets large enough, you can call on them to assault main objective points on the map. These areas usually have a crap-top of enemies, along with mages that respawn enemies. If you go in solo, ur gonna die. One problem with this is that once the really large bttles begin, there are too many units on the screen. I think the game isnt optimized well for this. So it starts to lag a lot during those battles. At the time, I was using the HD5850 1GB video card. I recently upgraded to the 7950 3GB, but I havent tried it on the game yet to see if it still lags.

There are a bunch of collectibles in the game. But, you can just purchase a map from the home vendor. These reveal the collectibles on your minimap. The collectibles consist of Gold jars, chests, gold bags, and... ah nvm, there arent a lot of collectibles. There are jugs of ale hidden around too. You can trade them in for gold at the bases. They dont show up on the minimap though.

Im not sure if there are sidequests in the game. There probably are. I never paid attention to what I was being told to do. I pretty much went where I wanted and killed everything I could find. Theres certainly a lot of stuff to kill. Ignoring the story was no problem because its pretty lame and generic.

After you beat the first world, the 2nd world just seems like a repeat of the first. The only thing different is that theres a new map. I got bored halfway through world 2 and stopped playing. Maybe Ill go back to it later after I forget how bored I was.

There are steam achievements

TLDR: Viking isnt an amazing game, but it isnt terrible either. Its fine if you just wanna mindlessly kill stuff and not pay attention to whats going on. You can get bored with it rather quickly though.

I never really understood the purchasable combat moves in Darksiders as the game is 70% puzzle platforming and not that much combat. That and I could dispatch pretty much any enemy with two or three moves (that's as many as I bought).

[quote name='glennfrank']Has anyone mentioned that the Walking Mars Steam keys are available if you purchased the Humble Bundle for Android 4? Just activated mine.
If this was posted and I somehow missed it while catching up ... well.. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Just saw this. Thanks for the heads up because I seem to have missed it too!

[quote name='glennfrank']Has anyone mentioned that the Walking Mars Steam keys are available if you purchased the Humble Bundle for Android 4? Just activated mine.
If this was posted and I somehow missed it while catching up ... well.. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

thank you for reminding us! didnt even noticed i have the game when i purchased the bundle before. so thats why this has been showing up in steamgifts. hehe!

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I guess I've gotten pretty jaded, because I do want to play this, but it doesn't look like it's worth even $5 to me when it looks like bundle fodder. Maybe the Humble bundle that's about to drop? I'm not sure of the dev relationships to know if that's realistic, but that would be nice.[/QUOTE]

The dev was one of the more outspoken people against the Humble THQ bundle, so I would not bet on it being in a Humble. If it lands somewhere, probably an Indie Royale.

Four more days, gang! I'm hoping for 75% off Resident Evil 5, Bully, Max Payne 1&2, and I'll probably pick up a random adventure and random casual game. And maybe the Jedi Knight pack if it goes to $5. That's not too much to ask, right? Right?!

Alright so, Party of Sin first impressions: its a fun platformer with action and some simple puzzles. Its cool to be one of the 7 sins. You have to switch between different guys to solve puzzles and stuff. I'm liking it so far. Good sense of humor and cool heavy metal soundtrack. Buy it for around 8-10 bux. 4/5

[quote name='sunghost']Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle is launching soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZrrJsrBGSNA

Salvation Prophecy
"Beware Planet Earth!"
Millenium: A New Hope
Recruits
Private Infiltrator
I Shall Remain
Wooden Sen'Sey
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Eryi's Action

Minimum of 2 games for $1.50[/QUOTE]

I'll be the lazy SOB to ask-any opinions on any of these? I've only ever heard of the last one.

[quote name='warreni']I'll be the lazy SOB to ask-any opinions on any of these? I've only ever heard of the last one.[/QUOTE]

Eryi's pride's itself on being frustratingly hard. It's as if Mario was a cutesy green haired Anime girl and then ramped up the difficulty to Dark Souls proportions.

Their advertising suggests giving it to someone you hate. :lol:

http://eryisaction.com/
gift.jpg

I grabbed it when they gave a couple of hundred copies away for free. (and had to set my alarm for 4AM because they are on UK time)

It's kind of like Limbo in that you learn what not to do by dying. The game in my opinion cheats with some of its traps because you will at times not see them ahead of time so the only way you know they exist is that they previously killed you. And this is right from the get go on the first level. There's no easing you into a difficulty curve.

There are check points that you can reach and save the progress automatically from there. You can keep dying an unlimited number of times and there's no game over.

To be honest I only played it for a little bit because, unlike my younger days, I don't really like a challenge that much anymore and don't necessarily like repeating the same levels over and over because I keep dying. I'm not stubborn enough to persist at that with the amount of other games I have sitting in my backlog.

Need your help/opinions CAGers!

I was browsing a gaming shop (a small Mom & Pop store in my town) and I happen upon an used copy of PS1 Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu.

It was $20 and I heard (never played) great things about it and was going to totally buy it. But before making the purchase, I found out it was missing the manual. The case and CD are both in good condition but I wished it had the manual so it could be complete. (The completionist collector in me, I guess) For some reason, I also enjoy reading manuals of old games especially if they are done well (anyone remember the manual for PS2 GTA Vice City?).

So CAGer help please (especially those that know the game well), is $20 for the an old game & case (no manual) a deal or no deal?

Thanks guys/gals!

[quote name='voken']Need your help/opinions CAGers!

I was browsing a gaming shop (a small Mom & Pop store in my town) and I happen upon an used copy of PS1 Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu.

It was $20 and I heard (never played) great things about it and was going to totally buy it. But before making the purchase, I found out it was missing the manual. The case and CD are both in good condition but I wished it had the manual so it could be complete. (The completionist collector in me, I guess) For some reason, I also enjoy reading manuals of old games especially if they are done well (anyone remember the manual for PS2 GTA Vice City?).

So CAGer help please (especially those that know the game well), is $20 for the an old game & case (no manual) a deal or no deal?

Thanks guys/gals![/QUOTE]Why not go ahead and buy it and look for another copy down the road with the manual then resell that one for a higher price than you bought it for?

At least you'll have a copy....

Thanks guys/gals![/QUOTE]

It only activates on origin, so pass@

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Why not go ahead and buy it and look for another copy down the road with the manual then resell that one for a higher price than you bought it for?[/QUOTE]

Laziness, that why I like all my games on Steam (its organized and less hassle):lol:

[quote name='vince_carter']It only activates on origin, so pass@[/QUOTE]

But at least it doesn't have crazy always online DRM like Ubisoft games or Diablo 3

[quote name='voken']
But at least it doesn't have crazy always online DRM like Ubisoft games or Diablo 3[/QUOTE]
Only some Ubi games kept the "Always online" DRM (HAWX 2 and Silent Hunter 5).
Many of them, it's activate once per PC...and that's it.

Thanks guys/gals![/QUOTE]

You can get one with manual on Amazon for around $32 shipped. On ebay for around $29.

So depends on how much you want the manual.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You can get one with manual on Amazon for around $32 shipped. On ebay for around $29.

So depends on how much you want the manual.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the problem. It seems like a deal at $20 but buying so many cheap games from Steam and indie bundles (with the help of CAG) has spoiled me rotten. :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think I sold a copy of Jade Cocoon for $15 with only the CD in fairly rough shape, so that's not a bad deal. Not a great deal, but not bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that helps. So is the game any fun and worth playing despite its age? (assuming you had played it before selling it)

For what it's worth, I used to own Jade Cocoon and I didn't really care for it. I wish I could give you an in-dept review, but honestly, I only have the vaguest memories of it. All I remember was that it was kinda of a Pokemon ripoff. Or at least, it had monster collector hook to it.

Generally speaking, I don't sell or trade in my games (still have all my Genisis & SNES games) but I had no trouble trading Jade Cocoon in to Gamespot shortly after I bought it. Too bad too. If I still had it lying around I'd probably just mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back