The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am on the verge of quitting sleeping dogs. This combat is starting to piss me the fuck off. Oh I pressed the counter but it's not registering because of some bullshit so now I take damage that cost me half my health.

Yeah, I died like 4-5 times on a group of thugs and realized, just no. It's not worth the frustration.

I hadn't heard anything about a Hate Plus DLC for Analogue but holy cow googling this game ALWAYS, ALWAYS makes me sad. Maybe I am not reading the author properly but I really don't think Analogue is supposed to be a screed about how awful white men are and how on a day by day basis they are just a sneeze away from chaining women up but holy cow every single dope on the internet sure seems ready to call it that.

Ah hell I'm probably wrong. She probably is making a point that her magic sci-fi "Somehow all technology was forgotten" twist means we're just a few heartbeats away from women being locked in the kitchen and used only to birth babies. Cue ominous "It's already happening cuz it's so disturbing that politicians want to control womens' bodies" blather because it's absolutely fucking impossible to have an honest disagreement about abortion so of COURSE you assume it is the latent incremental patriarchy hurr durr and not, well, that some people have a NOT ALTOGETHER BASELESS AND CERTAINLY NOT EASILY COUNTERED WHICH IS WHY YOU IGNORE IT belief that it is murder.

Sorry, I'm on a tangent now. I do like Analogue a lot though it feels kinda bad that, to enjoy it, I am deliberately taking parts of it that the author probably didn't intend it to go... maybe. I dion't know.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well I am on the verge of quitting sleeping dogs. This combat is starting to piss me the fuck off. Oh I pressed the counter but it's not registering because of some bullshit so now I take damage that cost me half my health.

Yeah, I died like 4-5 times on a group of thugs and realized, just no. It's not worth the frustration.[/QUOTE]
I had no such trouble with that. The countering wasn't Batman smooth but it didn't give me such hiccups.

That said some of those combat challenges were really hard until I came back with more moves

[quote name='Scorch']Gotham City Imposters is now free to play.

Downloading it now! :D[/QUOTE]
5 pages of dlc for it on the steam front page. I wonder if the ones from the franchise pack carry over.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I had no such trouble with that. The countering wasn't Batman smooth but it didn't give me such hiccups.

That said some of those combat challenges were really hard until I came back with more moves[/QUOTE]
It's weird. I had friends tell me they are getting ultra smooth combat yet I am getting some lag it seems whenever I try to counter someone a lot of the time. I am using a PS3 controller with motionjoy but I never had a problem with it before.

I am not getting any graphical lag either, this is all input lag for some odd reason.

Hurrah!

Bought it somewhere else a couple of months ago (Impulse?) but I would rather have it on steam. Hopefully I can still use my old account to sign in and whatnot.

[quote name='imac2much']Great points RS!
While I don't agree with every single one of your points, I do totally understand where you're coming from and must concede that Hyun-Ae, at least, does pretty much act in the way she wants to (with cosplay, etc). However, I guess it's just the cynical or jaded side of me that feels that it's just a bit too convenient from a player-game perspective that the two AI's fulfill the role of anime tropes so easily (you have maid/servant, tsundere and even a slight catgirl fetish thrown in for good measure). I guess I may be mistaken in discerning what the "point" of the game's story was, but I do feel that the romance felt unnecessary ... especially the "harem" ending (but maybe that one is more of an easter egg because I would not have figured out how to achieve it without looking online). I felt the game would have been better and less sappy/cliche without these elements, because I honestly did enjoy the character "arcs" as you see how people progress throughout the years.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to see what the Hate Plus DLC will bring, though probably with not as much anticipation as I originally had for Analogue itself.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think there are two things at play here.
One, the author is a total nerd. That anime-y stuff is going to happen regardless. Two, the story had no meat to it WITHOUT the romance. I mean, we never actually saw what caused the complete downfall of the colony to such a sorry state. You were sent to find out what happened and all you managed to do was chat with a two virtual waifus and then one for some arbitrary reason after valiantly winning a battle against a terminal prompt. If nothing else, the romance is there to let you connect with poor widdle *Hyun-ae or *Mute and take them home to cuddle rather than leave them on the station. If not that then you're just a dude who had to sweet talk a computer to get it to give up some logs which you read and then you left.

And yeah, the harem ending was silly. All the endings were kinda silly, but they were an acceptable form of silly. Plus, it gave you some distance from the TRAGEDY OF THE PALE BRIDE so the story wouldn't be a total downer from start to finish.

GCI still crashes for me during matchmaking, I bought it like 6 months ago and still have never played more than a round at a time.

Not only is Gotham City Imposters free to play, but for some reason it's sitting in my games library even though I don't want it to be. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? I tried deleting local content, but that did nothing.

[quote name='BNoyes']Not only is Gotham City Imposters free to play, but for some reason it's sitting in my games library even though I don't want it to be. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? I tried deleting local content, but that did nothing.[/QUOTE]
Same here, annoying.

Also, Cardinal Quest II is on Greenlight. The first one was very basic, but a really nice simple roguelike. I had fun with it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92846471&searchtext=

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']WOOOO.... I danced around buying Gotham City Imposters for a while... glad I kept dancing and never committed myself.[/QUOTE]

me too...it smelled like a F2P from the get go though

Into level one of SHAMELESS MEAT BOY RIPOFF* They Bleed Pixels and I am having a blast so far.

Don't spring for the soundtrack though

Doesn't actually play like Meat Boy

EDIT: Level 2 now, I think it's Dustforce more than Meat Boy, only it has combat and I like both the really tight platforming and the simplistic, brittle, but decent combat.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well I am on the verge of quitting sleeping dogs. This combat is starting to piss me the fuck off. Oh I pressed the counter but it's not registering because of some bullshit so now I take damage that cost me half my health.

Yeah, I died like 4-5 times on a group of thugs and realized, just no. It's not worth the frustration.[/QUOTE]

I actually found myself dying quite a bit at first, especially in groups with a mix of grapplers (the big dudes that you can sometimes only counter with quick time events) and knife wielders.

I found the combat much easier when I changed my strategy a bit and found a couple jade statues:
1) The best upgrade I found, by far, was the follow up attack on a stunned enemy. This seems to be an instant kill on fodder and takes less time than the long x,x,x,x,(x) combo. Basically you need to upgrade first to allow x,x,(x) to stun the enemy, then follow up with another x to kick them in their face. Also, I always went for the fat grapplers first because I didn't like how they could interrupt my attacks with a grapple (which I can't counter).

You can counter at almost any time in your animation, except for some (hold x) follow ups, like x,x,x,x,(x) jumping kick. If you think people are going to attack, just do basic quick combos then counter.

The game also gets much easier when your face level increases, since you regain health and get more powerful when it activates. Also, when it's leveled up enough, you automatically disarm weapon wielders upon counters, which is awesome :) You can max out your face level quickly and easily by completing races. I recommend the GX300 for class B motorcycle, CS750R for class A motorcycle, Terre GT for class B car, and really any class A car (though I like the Tuono). All of these vehicles except the Tuono are pretty affordable.

Hope that helps!

I've been voting up anything that looks vaguely interesting and complete on Greenlight. Looks like 1% = 1,000 up votes, so it's going to take a while for anything to get accepted.

100,000 votes? I can see a few games getting there, but I can see plenty missing out. If publishers start promoting greenlight more though I can see us steam addicts making the push.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']100,000 votes? I can see a few games getting there, but I can see plenty missing out. If publishers start promoting greenlight more though I can see us steam addicts making the push.[/QUOTE]

Until they get an initial filter to get rid of the garbage before it can even be voted, I don't see anything making it.

There should be a fee to get your stuff listed on greenlight to help clean it up. $100 sounds reasonable. Then if your game makes it you recoup those initial costs.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']100,000 votes? I can see a few games getting there, but I can see plenty missing out. If publishers start promoting greenlight more though I can see us steam addicts making the push.[/QUOTE]

That's an absurd amount of votes needed. If down votes cancel up votes nothing will ever get green lighted.

Seems like an extraordinary amount, doesn't it? One of the FAQs said that they haven't settled on an exact system yet, so perhaps that number will come down.

Does Steam release any sales figures? Is there any way to see what sort of sales numbers games that are already on steam get?

Here it is.

How many votes does a game need to get selected?

It's going to change during the first few days/weeks since we don't know what kind of traffic to expect. Part of the drive for this system is the need for customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam. So the specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight.
We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to always hit a specific number of votes.

[quote name='KaOTiK']LOL yup. I was like hmmm must of been free keys or very very cheap keys for this game for it to all of sudden to appear on here like this.[/QUOTE]
Lol had to remove all my entries when I read this, found it on my groupees download page.

[quote name='plft']I don't think I need to say anything about this one.

Seduce Me.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92927944&searchtext=
Might be NWS content depending on where you work.

There really needs to be a dev account flag, apparently someone threw up the original Turok (it's been deleted already). They definitely need to be verified that the right person is adding the game and not some random person not tied to it at all.

More edit:
Someone added Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, image in spoiler tag.
MZNeW.jpg
[/QUOTE]
damn it was removed :cry:

[quote name='Preedatore']Until they get an initial filter to get rid of the garbage before it can even be voted, I don't see anything making it.

There should be a fee to get your stuff listed on greenlight to help clean it up. $100 sounds reasonable. Then if your game makes it you recoup those initial costs.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, this.

I found an RPG Maker Ace game on Greenlight (with a rather well done explanation of it) that was not only using all the default RPG Maker graphics, but also the default character that the game includes in every new project you create. They didn't even bother change his name from what it starts off as...

It's kind of silly that they ever charged for it, since it was using what looked like a free-to-play model straight from the beginning.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I think if we all band together, this can reach fruition. Everybody vote NOW![/QUOTE]

Click on the dev to go to their Greenlight page with all of their games. They have a dozen or so simulators from the mining and tunneling to tanks.

If you don't include the game name, the likelyhood I click through is almost zero.

I can't believe no one at steam checks these before they go out. Some, especially the bootlegs, are an awful waste. It honestly might be part of Steam's strategy to get devs to stop pestering. "Look, your Adventure Game Studio game with Paint graphics was down voted 1000 times. Please, stop submitting it."

[quote name='sunasun'][quote name='plft']I don't think I need to say anything about this one.

Seduce Me.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92927944&searchtext=
Might be NWS content depending on where you work.[/QUOTE]
damn it was removed :cry:[/QUOTE]
I know :cry:, it must have been pretty awesome!

This item has been banned for either violating the Steam Terms of Service or the Terms of Service for Greenlight.

[quote name='pantsattack']If you don't include the game name, the likelyhood I click through is almost zero.[/QUOTE]
Pfft, I see the different colored link text and I click away!! I don't give a fuck!

Liking Greenlight so far, even if games don't even make it to Steam it certainly helps promote them through a more mainstream channel. There are games that would not have caught my eye before (well since it is still new the list is still fairly small and keeps my focus).

However, with the good there is the bad. No developer wants bad press when promoting a game but how far can it go before it's right to begin censoring some of them? Upon reading comments I came to the attention of some Greenlight "drama" if I may say, concerning the developer's deletion of individual negative comments of a game I upvoted. This leaves me questioning my decision...but I digress. It seems the structure of Greenlight will need some changes.

One game that has caught my eye: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92952101
Hat, Time Traveling Umbrella, and a evil Mustache Girl? Instant vote for me. Good or bad it's planned to be a short game valued at $1 at the moment so why not?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Quantum Conundrum is on sale at Gamefly for 3.75, activatates on Steam, add coupon 1GFT82012 drops the price to 3.00 (note is not the season pass)

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Quantum-Conundrum/5004188/[/QUOTE]
Very tempted by this, this plus buying the dlcs at 75% off in the future would be cheaper than the season pass at the same discount by $.50. How significant are the dlc packs?

I also see that Deus Ex HR is on sale, which I've wanted to wait for a sub $10 for the base game plus missing link. $9 for both, how long will this square deal go on for so I can make up my mind.

Whelp, I've done it now. Just ordered my new graphics card. I can finally embrace my inner graphics whore. I just hope it gets here soon. I've been holding off Sleepy Dawgz for as long as I can so I can play it in its full glory.

Also, fuck The Walking Dead. Half way through Episode 3, and mannnnn. :cry:

Decided to grab Quantum Conundrum and Deus Ex HR + Missing Link for $12 total, bumping them to the top of the backlog to hopefully finish before Torchlight II on 9/20.

[quote name='plft']Very tempted by this, this plus buying the dlcs at 75% off in the future would be cheaper than the season pass at the same discount by $.50. How significant are the dlc packs?

I also see that Deus Ex HR is on sale, which I've wanted to wait for a sub $10 for the base game plus missing link. $9 for both, how long will this square deal go on for so I can make up my mind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again! QC for $3 is pretty sweet :)

[quote name='plft']Decided to grab Quantum Conundrum and Deus Ex HR + Missing Link for $12 total, bumping them to the top of the backlog to hopefully finish before Torchlight II on 9/20.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to try for this plan as well. Very good deal for $12.

[quote name='boneless']What happened to this? I've been waiting patiently and still $30. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Sale was briefly live. It was removed due to a miscommunication with the publisher. I wish I had bought it when I saw it at work, but no, I had to wait til I got home.

[quote name='laseractive']I'm going to try for this plan as well. Very good deal for $12.[/QUOTE]
You may want to grab it today. It looks like the coupon is an August one, yet the Square deals are a weekend deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back