The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imac2much']To The Moon mini-review:
Many words have already been written about TtM's heart-warming story, but I have to admit I had some skepticism going into the game. I felt some of the twists and turns were pretty obvious, and I definitely was annoyed by some of the characters at first, but I found myself more and more invested in the world and story as the game went on. Maybe the fact that I recently got married played a part in it, but I sat back at the end of the game with a strange feeling in my heart... and regardless of the feeling, it's been a LONG time since a game's story has impacted me like that.

TtM is relatively short (Steam says I beat it in less than 3.5 hours), yet I still think it's worth the $10 asking price. I'm sure most CAGs would rather wait til it goes on sale for $5 or less, but fans of good story or visual novels should take note. Although this game has the trappings of a 16bit JRPG, it's more of a simple adventure game or interactive visual novel anyway. Highly recommended!

(The last game I beat was Max Payne 3, and I have to say I appreciated the brisk change of pace from that bleak world...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight, and congratulations. ;)

Many words have already been written about TtM's heart-warming story, but I have to admit I had some skepticism going into the game. I felt some of the twists and turns were pretty obvious, and I definitely was annoyed by some of the characters at first, but I found myself more and more invested in the world and story as the game went on. Maybe the fact that I recently got married played a part in it, but I sat back at the end of the game with a strange feeling in my heart... and regardless of the feeling, it's been a LONG time since a game's story has impacted me like that.

TtM is relatively short (Steam says I beat it in less than 3.5 hours), yet I still think it's worth the $10 asking price. I'm sure most CAGs would rather wait til it goes on sale for $5 or less, but fans of good story or visual novels should take note. Although this game has the trappings of a 16bit JRPG, it's more of a simple adventure game or interactive visual novel anyway. Highly recommended!

(The last game I beat was Max Payne 3, and I have to say I appreciated the brisk change of pace from that bleak world...)[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool, but I'll wait until it inevitably shows up in a bundle. My money is on Indie Royale.

[quote name='icedrake523']I think I got the OddBoxx for around $3-4 during the Winter Sale so I'd definitely recommend waiting for that.

Anyone have any input on Sniper Elite (original and V2)? I've been playing the demo a few times and enjoy the stealthy/sniper approach, but it got somewhat mediocre reviews. The first one seems to have been better reviewed. I'd like to get the DLC, too. I mean, who doesn't want to try to snipe Hitler?[/QUOTE]

Sniper Elite V2 was a fun game but I never beat it. The formula gets a little tired after a while but the visuals are completely over the top and hilarious. I paid 15~ for it and didn't regret it.

[quote name='vince_carter']Sounds cool, but I'll wait until it inevitably shows up in a bundle. My money is on Indie Royale.[/QUOTE]

Haha I totally understand that, and normally that would be my M.O. as well. However, I would love to see more people able to experience this story without having to wait for a sale (which may take a while since it just came out on Steam, but who knows?).

On that note, I'd like to gift one copy of To The Moon to a regular CAG poster who meets the following "requirements." Obviously, this is entirely based on an honor system since I'm not going to call anyone out if they're lying, but I hope people are trustworthy :)

1) User plans to play the game in the next month. I don't want people taking free gifts that other people may want to play just to fill up their enormous backlog and "mean to play it" years from now.
2) User tries to post a mini-review or impression after they play or finish it.
3) User has posted in the Steam CAG thread(s) before.

If you meet these "requirements" and are still interested, feel free to PM me with your Steam name.

edit: claimed by dfg! Have fun and hope you like it!

[quote name='eastx']Sniper Elite V2 is so much better than part 1, despite the scaled-back story. Here's my review.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, your review convinced me it's definitely worth picking up. Is Sniper Elite 1 still worth playing if you enjoy the stealth/sniping gameplay? If so, I might as well get the franchise pack.

[quote name='eastx']Sniper Elite V2 is so much better than part 1, despite the scaled-back story. Here's my review.[/QUOTE]

Did not realize this had complete co-op. I'll have to pick up a copy for a buddy and I next time it's on sale!

[quote name='icedrake523']Thanks, your review convinced me it's definitely worth picking up. Is Sniper Elite 1 still worth playing if you enjoy the stealth/sniping gameplay? If so, I might as well get the franchise pack.[/QUOTE]

Part one's a lot clunkier as you might expect of an old game. But there's a disguise element and a lot more mid-mission story bits which give it a different feel. If you like older shooters, it's not bad for the price. Me, I get enough sniping thrills from V2.

I loved Sniper Elite V2 though in randoms the co-op was a bit frustrating and the spotter needs to be handy with the machine gun and quick on his feet and with his wits. The nazi hordes don't let up and your sniper buddy is likely getting picked off by enemy snipers as you are tagging a dozen krauts.

That said, great game, in SP and co-op.

Also Rochard is fantastic. I always vote in favor of that no matter the price.

[quote name='louiedog']Amazon has the Steam version of The Walking Dead for $15 until 9/22.[/QUOTE]

I've been paying full retail to play this on Xbox 360...but I have to say it is worth every penny. I'm absolutely in LOVE with this series. I plan on double-dipping and getting all the episodes when they are inevitably in a Steam sale this Halloween. If you like The Walking Dead tv show or the comics...this series is not to be missed. It has been one of my favorite games of this year so far. I can't wait to finish playing through all the episodes so that I can go back through and play all of them again from a completely different angle. This is the type of episodic game where the journey can be completely different from one play through to the next.

Thanks for the review. It's looked interesting to me, but it's extremely hard for me to take RPG Maker (XP, in this case) games seriously when you have to pay for them. There are some absolutely amazing RPG Maker made games that you can download completely for free...

I'd probably bite on it for the inevitable $2.50 price point, though. In the mean time, can't convince myself to pay for an RPG Maker game while I work on my own, lol. >_

Late vote for Rochard. The first game I have played and beaten from the last sale (I never do that). The voice acting for Rochard is spot on, the writing is amusing, the animation is really cool and the mechanics are easy to pick up and combine for some interesting puzzles. I say buy it for this price now.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Late vote for Rochard. The first game I have played and beaten from the last sale (I never do that). The voice acting for Rochard is spot on, the writing is amusing, the animation is really cool and the mechanics are easy to pick up and combine for some interesting puzzles. I say buy it for this price now.[/QUOTE]

Again, it's very likely to be in the new Humble Bundle. If you don't mind paying a few more dollars to support the dev, that's cool.. but I think it's best to wait if you're gonna buy the Humble Bundle anyway.

Anyone here willing to purchase the Sam and Max bundle + Rochard for me and then gift it to me? I can pay the $18.38 via PayPal. I'm on vacation so, apparently, Steam locks me out from making any purchases. While it's a great tool I'm really starting to get upset at all the extra measures ithas preventing me from making purchases. After buying a boatload of games during the sale they locked me out to verify my account with took customer service days to do. Anyways, send me a PM and I appreciate anyone's help.

Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/meelapo/

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Anyone here willing to purchase the Sam and Max bundle + Rochard for me and then gift it to me? I can pay the $18.38 via PayPal. I'm on vacation so, apparently, Steam locks me out from making any purchases. While it's a great tool I'm really starting to get upset at all the extra measures ithas preventing me from making purchases. After buying a boatload of games during the sale they locked me out to verify my account with took customer service days to do. Anyways, send me a PM and I appreciate anyone's help.

Steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/meelapo/[/QUOTE]

If you're out of the country you need to make your purchases through the website, not the client and you need to append the country code of your credit card on the main page. i.e.:
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

After that just add the games to your cart and you should be good to go (My account got locked acouple of months ago while traveling, haven't had the problem anymore while following that process)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well less than 24 hours till Bordercrack 2 gets released. I am so ready.[/QUOTE]

And I preordered and then got suckered into spending the week at my gf's house. I won't get any sweet pandora action until Saturday.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well less than 24 hours till Bordercrack 2 gets released. I am so ready.[/QUOTE]

And then a clusterfuck as nearly everyone and their momma ['s girl parts] hits the servers at the same time. Or is that what the pre-load is designed to circumvent? I haven't really pre-ordered anything on Steam since L4D2.

[quote name='erequena']If you're out of the country you need to make your purchases through the website, not the client and you need to append the country code of your credit card on the main page. i.e.:
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

After that just add the games to your cart and you should be good to go (My account got locked acouple of months ago while traveling, haven't had the problem anymore while following that process)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried that and I got an unexpected error when purchasing the games. I tried to use Paypal and when it tried to go to the successfully paid page it said it couldn't load the page and it doesn't seem like it went through. It looked like it was trying to load steam:// and the iPad doesn't seem to like that.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Thanks. I tried that and I got an unexpected error when purchasing the games. I tried to use Paypal and when it tried to go to the successfully paid page it said it couldn't load the page and it doesn't seem like it went through. It looked like it was trying to load steam:// and the iPad doesn't seem to like that.[/QUOTE]

You can send an email to Steam Support asking them to unlock the restricion while you're away, but it should take a day or two.

[quote name='facls']You can send an email to Steam Support asking them to unlock the restricion while you're away, but it should take a day or two.[/QUOTE]

Steam wallet ftw! Any time I have a little cash left at the end of the month I pick a card up from Gamestop to top up.

[quote name='dfg']And then a clusterfuck as nearly everyone and their momma ['s girl parts] hits the servers at the same time. Or is that what the pre-load is designed to circumvent? I haven't really pre-ordered anything on Steam since L4D2.[/QUOTE]
Preloads are designed to circumvent 1,000,000 people downloading gigs of data at once and for people who have connections that are from the stoneage :lol:.

You just unlock the game and maybe download a few megs of additional data.

Either way I will be sleeping when the game unlocks. As tempted as I would be, work is more important in this case.

[quote name='jshackles']Daily deal: The Next BIG Thing 75% off.

Pass for me.[/QUOTE]

There might be a permanent price drop soon seeing that this is already more than 1 year old. $7.49 is still high for me... hehe! ill wait until winter sale.

[quote name='jshackles']Daily deal: The Next BIG Thing 75% off.

Pass for me.[/QUOTE]

Nice adventure game, but I'd wait for a sale on the Pendulo Adventure pack.

For those intending to use mics when playing Borderlands 2 co-op, you will want to disable the microphone in Steam as it is terrible IMO (both quality and settings not working). Setting the mic to Push-to-talk does not work as voice is still continuously transmitted. The workaround that I used was:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2110140

Note: The above instructions are meant for Realtek sound chips so just use an unused mic input if stereo mix is not an option.

Once this is done, you can use your favorite VoIP app (skype, mumble, vent, teamspeak etc.). I had to go through this pain over the weekend for LoTR: War in the North but expect this fix should work for BL2 as well.

Edit: FYI Launch time is tonight at 10 PM MDT for those clock watching.

I see no thread activity since my lunch hour and I assume my browser isn't refreshing. Everyone must be busy preloading this week's big releases. :D

[quote name='Drabelincoln']And I preordered and then got suckered into spending the week at my gf's house. I won't get any sweet pandora action until Saturday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but you'll get some "sweet" other action. ;)

[quote name='Seraphym']Nice adventure game, but I'd wait for a sale on the Pendulo Adventure pack.[/QUOTE]

Plus, the whole Pendulo Pack was about $15 during the summer sale.

[quote name='DPsycho']I see no thread activity since my lunch hour and I assume my browser isn't refreshing. Everyone must be busy preloading this week's big releases. :D[/QUOTE]

Either that, or we've all taken up second jobs to be able to afford the sweet leety goodness of the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest Edition. ;) I've been playing more and more console games recently. My DSL is provided by Fairpoint (read: Shit Service LLC) thus it's taken over a day to download The Walking Dead. State average for Fairpoint is 2.2Mbps, and my connection is 1.5Mbps, which is good enough for 1 bar on Hulu.

If I had a better internet connection, I'd be playing more PC games. People in surrounding areas can get Time-Warner Cable, but it's just my city that can't get it. To protect a local business that only offers dial-up and low-speed DSL. Kinda boned until I get a job elsewhere and move there.

[quote name='Woodlands']Plus, the whole Pendulo Pack was about $15 during the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'd like some of those Pendulo games, but a nice, meaty discount next time is preferred.

Of course, I need to *play* some of my adventure games before I buy more...

[quote name='DPsycho']I see no thread activity since my lunch hour and I assume my browser isn't refreshing. Everyone must be busy preloading this week's big releases. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow, 4 1/2 hours without a post. In contrast, the activity in here during the sale events is ridiculous.

I bought the Pendulo Pack during the sale, and I have to agree. After snagging all their games for $15, paying half that for one game leaves it not feeling like much of a deal.

And like utopian, I've too many backlogged adventure games, so I can't speak to how good a game it is yet.

Free weekend for Saints Row The Third coming up (according to the news pop up in Steam). Fair bet that we will see sale prices on all of the THQ catalog (again).

hey guys, i've been trying to play borderlands online but it's been giving me the damnedest time. i have to use gamespy, but when i try to log in it doesn't work. i tried resetting my password, but they say they can't send the email; i tried to sign up for an account, but they say that my email already has an account associated with it. i've read about a lot of people having a similar problem, but there hasn't been a consensus solution.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']hey guys, i've been trying to play borderlands online but it's been giving me the damnedest time. i have to use gamespy, but when i try to log in it doesn't work. i tried resetting my password, but they say they can't send the email; i tried to sign up for an account, but they say that my email already has an account associated with it. i've read about a lot of people having a similar problem, but there hasn't been a consensus solution.[/QUOTE]

Couple of my buddies had that problem. They just created a new Gamespy account with another/new email account. Might be the least painful solution.

I haven't checked, but I hope BL2 isn't using that same system for MP. Wasn't game-breaking, but clunky.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Free weekend for Saints Row The Third coming up (according to the news pop up in Steam). Fair bet that we will see sale prices on all of the THQ catalog (again).[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing pop up as I was ending a session of SR3, thought maybe it was a steam message bug.

[quote name='Genocidal']You'll be happy to know Gearbox dropped Gamespy like a bad habit, and Borderlands 2 is a full Steamworks title.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Hopefully that means I can use the Friends window to spy on people with "View Game Info".

[quote name='Genocidal']You'll be happy to know Gearbox dropped Gamespy like a bad habit, and Borderlands 2 is a full Steamworks title.[/QUOTE]
I kinda figured that seeing they were making Borderlands 2 a better PC port but really glad to heat it. Hopefully it is painless to get a co-op game going.

Gonna leave my PC on tonight in case some last minute updates come out then unlock the game before I head to work (just unlock it, not going to do anything else).

Can't fucking wait.

[quote name='DPsycho']And like utopian, I've too many backlogged adventure games, so I can't speak to how good a game it is yet.[/QUOTE]

They do have a way of accumulating.

I'm probably going to make myself start The Longest Journey soon. Although I should probably also make myself finish Syberia. The longer it goes without me playing it, the less likely I'll return and finish it...

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Free weekend for Saints Row The Third coming up (according to the news pop up in Steam). Fair bet that we will see sale prices on all of the THQ catalog (again).[/QUOTE]

Heck yes, saw this too. I guess borderlands 2 won't be an all weekend thing for me.

Okay, first of all, thanks to imac2much for the generosity extended to us CAGs, of which I was fortunate enough to be the recipient. It's a good example of the positive spirit you see in our community from time to time that makes us one of the more worthwhile places online to socialize through video games.

That said, I am in agreement about the story in To the Moon: even in its brevity, it's a heart-warming story that's fairly well-written and directed for a small dev team. The humor isn't forced and it's charming rather than treacly. There's even a twist at the end, but it doesn't invalidate what came before.

They sell the soundtrack separately, and even though I thought the music fits very well with the story being told, I wasn't overwhelmed enough by it to wanna plunk down for it (as I did with a title like Bastion).

Yes, the graphics are what you'd expect from an RPG Maker engine, but it fits well with the material. It almost feels like a chapter from an older JRPG with the unnecessary combat bits—and there's a joke about that—trimmed. It's not entirely fair to criticize the medium the creators use when the finished product turns out this well.

However, To the Moon is a game in a minimal sense. There are relatively few choices to be made, a couple of non-essential mini-games, no true scoring system, and its replayability derives from catching previously overlooked details once you know the full story. From this, I'd guess that most CAGs here would not find value in purchasing it at full price unless you were a fan of this type of story-driven entertainment. Still, I believe the experience provided here is worth it for both novice and experienced gamers, at whatever price you care to grab it.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Past bundle. Indie Gala I believe. I have it for $1 if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I really really really disliked Inmomentum. Controls and camera seemed sucky. Lots of first-person platforming, which I never enjoy.

Awesome! :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back