The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved GTA3. It was one of the first games I got when we finally got a PS2. Beat the game, got most of the side missions done, spent days just goofing around.

Later borrowed Vice City from a friend. Couldn't stand it. For the four or five hours I played, Vercetti just kept complaining about everything. I much preferred the silent protagonist of 3, made it easier to immerse myself, I guess. I'd rather be playing it cool than whining about everything that happens and insulting everyone behind their backs.

Never played SA or 4. No real desire.

[quote name='RollingSkull']GTA4's episodes don't fix it but they're nice enough if you like the Rockstar rambling writing even half as much as Rockstar itself likes their own writing.

The problem about GTA4 wasn't NECESSARILY the grim and seriousness of it. SD is serious as hell and mixes in the right amount of camp and just good writing to carry the game. My problem, and this carries over to Max Payne 3 and RDR too, is just the Houser writing has this affectation it can't rid itself of. Writing incessant gibbering monologues of parties, drunks, drugs, etc all with a sort of stoned college freshman's wannabe counter-culture rambling... I can't even put it properly into words but it is the sort of writing that thinks itself much, MUCH better than it actually is.

Like, for instance, I challenge any of you in the thread to name two things of consequence that happened in any GTA4 episode, RDR, RDR:UN, or Max Payne 3 that did not happen in the last two missions of either game, from memory (CAGs who JUST BOUGHT MP3 I almost think to exclude from this challenge but I dunno, it's almost even money.). Sleeping Dogs, you do not have that problem.

I also have some issues with the consequences and power levels and what not in each game. Why was that neurotic loser in GTA4 anything approaching a denouement for the game? WE FINALLY DID IT ITS OVER CUZEEN. Because you killed THIS inconsequential beta male? Good grief. And yet for all the people you murder, all the powerful, powerful friends you have made and have dirt on, that Russian you completely ignored still makes you piss your pants? Oh wait, no, he was saved for the episodes where he was another terrible final boss. SA had a similar issue with Tenpenny but at least he was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. I won't even get started on how hard they nerfed Max. Bah, I could keep ranting for another couple of pages but I still wouldn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

What is your aim with this challenge?

I found plenty of "things that happened" throughout RDR contained consequence, but that doesn't mean I expect others to place the same importance on them. Also, I don't begrudge others if they feel moved by something that doesn't strike me. People have different taste and value in art.

[quote name='DPsycho']I loved GTA3. It was one of the first games I got when we finally got a PS2. Beat the game, got most of the side missions done, spent days just goofing around.

Later borrowed Vice City from a friend. Couldn't stand it. For the four or five hours I played, Vercetti just kept complaining about everything. I much preferred the silent protagonist of 3, made it easier to immerse myself, I guess. I'd rather be playing it cool than whining about everything that happens and insulting everyone behind their backs.

Never played SA or 4. No real desire.[/QUOTE]

I lasted a couple more hours than you. Got to the horrendous rc helicopter mission and called it quits.

[quote name='hal']Everything? Well, ok. I figured you didn't like the story or something. To each his own.[/QUOTE]

The main game's ending lacked oomph (the DLCs did a better job wrapping things up) but overall the writing was hilariously entertaining. The gameplay itself scratched several itches, but honestly I found playing with friends a bit frustrating, especially with the lack of drop-in/drop-out support. To call something you find boring "awful" is lazy. There are tons of games that try to do part of what Borderlands does that are far worse technically and aesthetically.

[quote name='jatan11t']I lasted a couple more hours than you. Got to the horrendous rc helicopter mission and called it quits.[/QUOTE]

That sequence reminded me of older games where there would just be these ridiculously difficult and seemingly pointless areas, but you grind through them to see it through. If Vice City was a tribute to 80s cops show themes, San Andreas did the same for the 90s gangsta rap films, but being in control of the action makes it freaking awesome. I had one of those moments playing San Andreas, where you're crossing the map in a jet and you can bail out thousands of feet above another part of the (game) world and parachute in to street level, with barely any loading. Awed me how far games had come to that point. Also, Jackson was good (although he's one of Hollywood's most overrated) but Woods stole the show.

Good discussion today! +rep

I'm playing through Saints Row: The Third at the moment after I was gifted it for a wedding present (better than 99% of other gifts we got). It's massively over the top, silly, crude, and most of all it's great fun. I'll do a proper Steam recommendation when I finish it but i'd definitely put it on your wish list if you like sandbox action games.

You don't need to have played SR1 or SR2 to be honest, storyline and characters are introduced V quickly.

Oh and grab all the DLC too. The genkibowl pack is silly fun.

Personal favourite moment? Probably the mission where you have to drive around with a tiger for company in order to learn "courage". Yes. That silly.

[quote name='Flowette']

Personal favourite moment? Probably the mission where you have to drive around with a tiger for company in order to learn "courage". Yes. That silly.[/QUOTE]

Ricky Bobby supports this mission.

[quote name='Flowette']Good discussion today! +rep

I'm playing through Saints Row: The Third at the moment after I was gifted it for a wedding present (better than 99% of other gifts we got). It's massively over the top, silly, crude, and most of all it's great fun. I'll do a proper Steam recommendation when I finish it but i'd definitely put it on your wish list if you like sandbox action games.

You don't need to have played SR1 or SR2 to be honest, storyline and characters are introduced V quickly.

Personal favourite moment? Probably the mission where you have to drive around with a tiger for company in order to learn "courage". Yes. That silly.[/QUOTE]

My personal favorites:
Deckers.die, the final wrestling match, and anything with the "mayor".

:applause:

However, I thought the DLC was a major disappointment. The gameplay was decent, but each DLC really lacked the over-the-top wackiness that the main campaign had... Problem with Clones was probably the closest in terms of wacky gameplay and story, but even though I only paid like $3 or 4 for the DLC, I thought I got ripped off :(

[quote name='DPsycho']I loved GTA3. It was one of the first games I got when we finally got a PS2. Beat the game, got most of the side missions done, spent days just goofing around.

Never played SA or 4. No real desire.[/QUOTE]My brother was the first to get a PS2. He didn't have any games so we just played THPS on it. The next day I saw him okaying GTA3 and my jaw dropped.

It's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy Vice City. I was was turned off at first, but Vercetti added a new whole new level to GTA's story-telling through hid dialogue and I think it was for the better.

My one complaint about SRTT (and that's not to say I didn't enjoy it because I did) was that, for the supposed head of the Saints, I was treated as a lackey for many of the missions. So-and-so says get this person, rescue that person, bodyguard this person --- shouldn't you guys be bodyguarding ME instead of me following you with a rifle as you run errands? I found it more fulfilling to just go around and cause mayhem than to have orders barked at me by someone who just joined the crew a day ago.

I guess that's just a limitation most games haven't figured out how to overcome: how to lead you along a plot and make you feel like it was your idea. But, again, I only bring this up because plots are being discussed. As a game; SRTT was still hella fun :D

[quote name='zillionandnine']Ever since I installed my new video card on Friday I've been tempted to buy a bunch of new games just to celebrate the fact I can actually play moderately graphically-demanding games. I keep reminding myself I already have a bunch in my backlog... But that's just not the same. :p [/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Picked up a Radeon HD 6870 last week and now I have the urge to buy a bunch of new games so I can set the graphics to ultra and look at the eye candy. I can't seem to stop playing SRTT long enough to buy anything though, so my wallet is thanking me!

[quote name='Syntax Error']My one complaint about SRTT (and that's not to say I didn't enjoy it because I did) was that, for the supposed head of the Saints, I was treated as a lackey for many of the missions. So-and-so says get this person, rescue that person, bodyguard this person --- shouldn't you guys be bodyguarding ME instead of me following you with a rifle as you run errands? I found it more fulfilling to just go around and cause mayhem than to have orders barked at me by someone who just joined the crew a day ago.

I guess that's just a limitation most games haven't figured out how to overcome: how to lead you along a plot and make you feel like it was your idea. But, again, I only bring this up because plots are being discussed. As a game; SRTT was still hella fun :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, I agree with you, but I think this is a problem in every open world game I've ever played...

[quote name='emwearz']Me too! But I just finished it, I have to say, the main missions (Green BLIP on radar) are some of the most entertaining and engaging story missions I have seen in a sandbox game. I tend to stay away from the genre because I get bored, but Sleeping Dogs was like crack.[/QUOTE]

After finally finishing Sleeping Dogs it was a overall fun entertaining little game, However the main character was by far the creepiest and most borderline rapist I have ever seen or played in any game, just due to how the "romance" was treated in the game it seemed so out of character with the rest of his "character"

Early spoiler with the "romance" options.

How Wei treated Tiffany was so polarizing I have no idea why the devs thought it was a good idea. Wei basically meets her once, goes out on one date with her to sing karaoke. and then suddenly when he finds out she is dating other men, he literally bugs a payphone(again after ONE date he is tapping a payphone to help track this cheating harlot) follows her around(Also known as stalking her), and then gets out of his car to yell at her and her date(AKA trying to physically intimidate her) After a single date Wei goes into full on spousal abuse mode, and he's supposed be the good guy/hero of the game? :roll:

Not to mention that whole, "Not Ping" girl who again after only ONE date calls up Wei asking why he is "cheating" on her and how its ok because if he is because she still likes him.

According to this game if you go on a single date with someone your committed and considered in a long term relationship. There is some very creepy/clingy devs who worked on this game.

[quote name='Sophita']After finally finishing Sleeping Dogs it was a overall fun entertaining little game, However the main character was by far the creepiest and most borderline rapist I have ever seen or played in any game, just due to how the "romance" was treated in the game it seemed so out of character with the rest of his "character"
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I think a lot of the plot points in Sleeping Dogs is funny if you come at it through a lens of HK cinema rather than game narrative.

All the date stuff was silly and completely unnecessary, but I think they were there because every "hero" in a movie needs a brief romantic interest, even if the romance doesn't have any focus. I also think they just wanted to throw some big names in the voice work for marketing purposes. We have Emma Stone! Lucy Liu! ...for 30 minutes!

A lot of the cop side quests were pretty silly too. One review hit the nail on the head when it remarked that while Teng fusses over a serial killer of six people, we have probably killed dozens, if not hundreds, of thugs by then. (c.f. Nathan Drake ludonarrative dissonance)

The last mission was also completely ridiculous, and it seemed like it would have been more in line with a SRTT mission than SD, which takes itself sooo seriously, but it's also not too unusual for a HK style crime movie.

I don't think this game has the greatest plot or anything, but it did keep me entertained... as long as I was able to suspend my disbelief. I wish I didn't have to make that a condition for so many video game stories, but it seems par for the course for blockbuster movies as well. A thoughtful game that takes its story seriously without having to rely on suspension of disbelief or deus ex machina is incredibly rare these days...

[quote name='Syntax Error']My one complaint about SRTT (and that's not to say I didn't enjoy it because I did) was that, for the supposed head of the Saints, I was treated as a lackey for many of the missions. So-and-so says get this person, rescue that person, bodyguard this person --- shouldn't you guys be bodyguarding ME instead of me following you with a rifle as you run errands? I found it more fulfilling to just go around and cause mayhem than to have orders barked at me by someone who just joined the crew a day ago.

I guess that's just a limitation most games haven't figured out how to overcome: how to lead you along a plot and make you feel like it was your idea. But, again, I only bring this up because plots are being discussed. As a game; SRTT was still hella fun :D[/QUOTE]

My favorite thing to do in saints row the third was calling up Cheapy D and beating him with the huge purple dildo bat.

My twin boys are doing very well. Been spending a little time here and there on the new system whenrun home from the hospital to take care of the dogs.
Got my new system fixed. Had a really jacked Corsair Pro series PSU. Anyway, had Metro 2033 maxed on everything DX11 at 1080 res and it ran great.

Doubt Ill have much time for anything gaming for months, but I'll keep on the deals for when I do have a few moments. the kids are amazingly calm and great sleepers. The Intensive Care nurses are amazed, so that's saying something!

I finished SRTT a couple of weeks ago and it's great fun indeed. I also agree that the highlight is meeting the mayor... let's leave it at that. Too bad the mayor doesn't appear that often during the game.

[quote name='Flowette']

[/QUOTE]

@Flowette: Glad to hear you like the game. I shall aim to always provide the rare (Top 1% FTW; blow up the other 99% with your tax rebates :lol:), entertaining wedding gift.

[quote name='dfg']The main game's ending lacked oomph (the DLCs did a better job wrapping things up) but overall the writing was hilariously entertaining. The gameplay itself scratched several itches, but honestly I found playing with friends a bit frustrating, especially with the lack of drop-in/drop-out support. To call something you find boring "awful" is lazy. There are tons of games that try to do part of what Borderlands does that are far worse technically and aesthetically.[/QUOTE]
Borderlands 1 had partial drop in/out. Public games allowed this as long as the host did not leave. Private games didn't have an auto-allow friends to join option, but your friends could drop in/out if you send invites to them, which takes 20 seconds max. Honestly, never had an issue with that aspect of the game as my friends would play for long stretches of time and set up time was negligible in comparison. BL1 had issues, but very little were with core gameplay mechanics; mostly pretty bad UI design, inconsistent pacing problems, or physics engine issues with specific locations/vehicle control.

Regarding GTA/Rockstar storylines, they do feel somewhat hollow with their simplified choice system, but in general I enjoyed most of the individual components if not the complete composition. Not going to read any of the SD posts because I already bought that and need to place it on the top of the backlog. :D

As a sidenote to all this GTA-alike discussion I should probably drop a positive word in for Red Dead: Redemption. I thought it was excellent, although whether we'll see a PC port of it I'm not sure (guess it would have happened by now).

If you have a console and a spare week or two it's well worth playing. Being made to ride everywhere on horseback does a good job of making the world feel "big" again :)

[quote name='Mooby']Guess what the Daily Deal is...

Hydrophobia... again!
[/QUOTE]

Damn you Mooby!!! I kept hitting refresh for that deal knowing it was going to be really good, or really bad, either way post worthy, and you ninja me by mere seconds!!! and that's taking time to put it in a spoiler tag too.You Sir, are no Gentleman!

I'll jump ahead of everyone else right now then....tomorrow's deal is....wait for it.....Magicka!

[quote name='Flowette']As a sidenote to all this GTA-alike discussion I should probably drop a positive word in for Red Dead: Redemption. I thought it was excellent, although whether we'll see a PC port of it I'm not sure (guess it would have happened by now).

If you have a console and a spare week or two it's well worth playing. Being made to ride everywhere on horseback does a good job of making the world feel "big" again :)[/QUOTE]
I believe Rockstar said a port of RDR will never happen.

Hydrophobia... again!
[/QUOTE]
Proof that Steam is becoming self-aware.

Next stop: Skynet :whistle2:(

[quote name='Mooby']An announcement as important as that must be posted with the utmost urgency.[/QUOTE]

The "wood orge"? has a point, never know who might have missed it as a daily the last 5 times.

SR:TT was a big disappointment for me. Though at $10 for some mindless sandbox fun you could do worse. SD beats it.

I think the dates in SD were a sign of the game being rushed. I like to think they were intended as a statement on the protag, I.e. psychoanalyzing James Bond's many casual flings as a release valve blah blah blah. Either way, they got cut in all the right places that it seems weird the way they left it in.

Hydrophobia... again!
[/QUOTE]
I literally laughed my ass off at this. It's always on sale, like Borderlands. Speaking of, were due for a Borderlands midweek/weekend sale at some point. Either this or next week.

Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.

[quote name='walkonshadows']The "wood orge"? has a point, never know who might have missed it as a daily the last 5 times.[/QUOTE]
Passing 5th time. I'm waiting for an unavoidable indie bundle with it. It has to end in one sooner or later.

That's a real bummer, Motoki. Your absence is a loss. I just hope all of this beef isn't to drum up interest because you both have albums dropping today.

[quote name='Motoki']
Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. .[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed your input on obscure indy games.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I literally laughed my ass off at this. It's always on sale, like Borderlands. Speaking of, were due for a Borderlands midweek/weekend sale at some point. Either this or next week.[/QUOTE]

Probably in two weeks when Borderlands 2 is out.

[quote name='Flowette']I'm playing through Saints Row: The Third at the moment after I was gifted it for a wedding present (better than 99% of other gifts we got). It's massively over the top, silly, crude, and most of all it's great fun. I'll do a proper Steam recommendation when I finish it but i'd definitely put it on your wish list if you like sandbox action games. [/QUOTE]

Summer Sale $13, pretty much was a must buy for everyone. I still can't believe it wasn't a price error, and included all the DLC but one.

I think every sandbox gamer should play SR2. Of the three, I feel it is the best in the series. The plot/cutscenes/story was vastly superior in SR2, and it felt far more satisfying taking out the factions in it than in SRTT. Plus the character develop was a lot better as you really spent time with just the 3-4 main homies, and they felt like your crew. Granted it isn't quite as over the top as SR3, but it still has plenty of crazy fun. Plus you can do co-op cat and mouse mini game. There's a good mod out there that fixes some of the issues it has on the PC, plus adds some stuff that was cut from the game.

I got the Season Pass for free via pre-ordering, if I had paid $20 for it, I'd be pissed. Totally don't think it is worth it. If the entire collection goes on sale for $13 like the Summer Sale, then it's worth it. Some fun moments, but I don't think I'll ever 100% the game cause to much stupid grindy type crap.

Personal favorite moment? Probably the mission where you have to drive around with a tiger for company in order to learn "courage". Yes. That silly.

Zombies! And working with the mayor and then calling him in as a homie.

[quote name='Motoki']Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

I left the group to be away from Idiotekque. He's rude, disrespectful and argumentative for the sake of arguing. BigSpoonyBard wanted him in to the group to be 'fair'. I said I didn't want to be around him that was that and I left.

Then he begged me to come back because he booted Idiotekque from the group for taking advantage of giveaways or some such. He said give us another chance and they really wanted me back so I said fine.

Now apparently Idiotekque and a couple of others are making a fuss to get him back in so BigSpoonyBard wanted me to give home another chance. I've given him plenty of chances. I'm done. I told him that and got myself and my final comment in the group INSTANTLY deleted by the always concerned with being fair BigSpoonyBard.

I don't like talking about this but I'm going to say it now because quite frankly I am furious. I have given away over $200 worth of games to CAGers. As far as I know, Idiotekque has given none.

He's a rude disrespectful arrogant child and I don't want to be around him period. I've given him plenty of chances and he aways ends up coming back to that rude, disrespectful, argumentative behavior again and again. I wanted the group to be a friendly place and a refuge. As usual Idiotekque gets his way and the final say yet again.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.[/QUOTE]

Hrmmmmm I was wondering what happened to you....it doesn't feel right being in the group without the main queen being there ;)

Don't delete your CAG account either, if I remember we initially didn't get off on the right foot but after rubbing out coconuts together all was well :)

@Motoki

Doesn't CAG have an "ignore user" feature. There's no need to delete your forum account, just select the person's name, click ignore, and you will never have to read their posts again.

[quote name='voken']@Motoki

Doesn't CAG have an "ignore user" feature. There's no need to delete your forum account, just select the person's name, click ignore, and you will never have to read their posts again.[/QUOTE]

It does, unfortunately, not everyone in the forum has wised up and used this feature for this member, so we're still stuck seeing the arguments other people have with him in their posts.

Hydrophobia... again!
[/QUOTE]

And I actually thought you were joking.... silly me.

They still can't get me to buy Hydroprobia. The only way I'm buying it is if it's included in an indie bundle (my bet is it'll be in Be Mine 5!)

[quote name='louiedog']That's a real bummer, Motoki. Your absence is a loss. I just hope all of this beef isn't to drum up interest because you both have albums dropping today.[/QUOTE]

Probably CAG post of the year.

[quote name='Motoki']Since BigSpoonyBard wasted no time deleting me and my final post in the group to get rid of all the evidence (what happened to fair now?) I am going to post here.

Now I have to go try and figure out if there's a way to delete my CAG account. For most of you except for Idiotekque and BigSpoonyBard I've enjoyed interacting with you. I apologize for posting this here but my post at the group was censored by the always fair BigSpoonyBard.[/QUOTE]

Hm. Well, I didn't realize all of this was going on when I asked about the CQ invite over on Steam. :shock:

I hope you reconsider leaving but I understand why you want to go.

[quote name='jatan11t']I lasted a couple more hours than you. Got to the horrendous rc helicopter mission and called it quits.[/QUOTE]

I actually did play beyond that part. Maybe my estimate as to how long I played was on the low side. It did take me several tries, and I was glad when it was over and done with, but I saw that mission through and later discovered that it was everyone's "That One Level."

But that isn't what soured me on Vice City, and I suppose that's probably rather telling.

I always figured I'd come back to either SA or 4 some time, but everything I've read about Saint's Row 2 and The Third has me thinking my time would be better spent there, and I did pick up the SRtT collection in the sale, so I'm set for now.

[quote name='dfg']That sequence reminded me of older games where there would just be these ridiculously difficult and seemingly pointless areas, but you grind through them to see it through. If Vice City was a tribute to 80s cops show themes, San Andreas did the same for the 90s gangsta rap films, but being in control of the action makes it freaking awesome. I had one of those moments playing San Andreas, where you're crossing the map in a jet and you can bail out thousands of feet above another part of the (game) world and parachute in to street level, with barely any loading. Awed me how far games had come to that point. Also, Jackson was good (although he's one of Hollywood's most overrated) but Woods stole the show.[/QUOTE]

Well I played the game on PC. It wasn't difficult because of the traditional factors, it was difficult because of the controls. Think of having a modern FPS without mouse control. WASD to move, arrow keys to look around. Except this was even worse, considering you needed 3 hands to control the helicopter. One hand on mouse to see surroundings, one hand on WASD for turning and such, one hand on the numpad for the throttle. This was just a terribly ported section to the PC. You can obviously see that the controls were optimized for controllers.

[quote name='Motoki']dramatic stuff[/QUOTE]

Motoki, I understand what you're saying, but you're omitting something important: this is the internet. There will always be people you don't like on the internet, as there are in real life. Every douchebag and asshole is free to spout his or her own self-satisfying tripe, regardless of how trivial or accurate it may be. There is no avoiding this in life; the burden lies on you to develop ways to handle these situations maturely. Let me just say that the answer is not drama.

You have friends here, and you shouldn't abandon them just because of him. The "ignore" feature is much more enjoyable than you may think. As for BSB, he is his own person, and he believes we should all get along. This is only an internet forum, after all. He isn't calling your house and setting fire to your relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back