The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii was my first console since the SNES, and even then it's not technically mine but my wife's, and I had a lot of fun with the Nintendo exclusives (Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Other M, Donkey Kong, Grand Slam Tennis). I haven't touched it for a year, though. I might get the Wii U at a later date depending on the exclusive titles. No need to get it to play titles I can play on my PC. The tablet controller still puzzles me, not really sure how games would really benefit from it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It was patched out, but the first few days you could go in and change some game files and get like 100s of Golden Keys (whatever the max is).

A ton of people did it and have basically and infinite supply of them. They patched out the exploit but did nothing to the people who used it.[/QUOTE]

No doubt a similar program like willowtree will come out and it will be available again. I've still yet to pick up the game. Too much of a backlog right now anyway.

[quote name='zillionandnine']What exploit are you talking about?

I've only been able to put ~2 hours into Borderlands 2 so far :( Damned student teaching eating all my time... loving it though, haha[/QUOTE]

On September 18, 2012, an exploit was discovered on the PC version, that lets you have Unlimited Golden keys by editing the WillowDLC.ini file and changing the number after "NumKeys" to 255. After you have used your keys, you can do it again and again to get infinite Golden Keys. The location of the Borderlands 2 ini file is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It was patched out, but the first few days you could go in and change some game files and get like 100s of Golden Keys (whatever the max is).

A ton of people did it and have basically and infinite supply of them. They patched out the exploit but did nothing to the people who used it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Outinthedark']No doubt a similar program like willowtree will come out and it will be available again. I've still yet to pick up the game. Too much of a backlog right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='voken']On September 18, 2012, an exploit was discovered on the PC version, that lets you have Unlimited Golden keys by editing the WillowDLC.ini file and changing the number after "NumKeys" to 255. After you have used your keys, you can do it again and again to get infinite Golden Keys. The location of the Borderlands 2 ini file is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic[/QUOTE]

How interesting. I missed that entirely. Haha. I think I have two golden keys right now, but I haven't even found the damn chest in Sanctuary yet. Am I right in thinking there'll be better loot in there when I'm a higher level character? If so, I'll just hold onto my keys for a while longer.

I'm in the same boat as several others here regarding the WiiU. I expect I'll get it eventually, maybe before the first price drop depending on when the first few MUST PLAY games materialize. I'm in no rush, however, as my console time has evaporated entirely in recent months. It's been all PC and 3DS lately with a backlog in the hundreds. As much fun as it is to turn out for a console release, I think I can comfortably sit on my hands.

I also mirror most of the responses to the HIB6 additions: Yay, I'll be getting Wizorb!

[quote name='jshackles']Free Borderlands 2 Golden Key - enter code KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3 in-game to redeem. Limited to 10k redemptions![/QUOTE]

Damn... Missed it. =[

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Please don't suck! :pray:
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say the demo sucks, but it's not enough to make an impression on someone. You play 2 missions where the first one you must do exactly what they tell you, tutorial style. In between missions you get a quick hq tutorial. Mission 2 starts with the first turn where again must do what you are told. After that you have free reign to do as you please. The mission was fairly simple and ended after about 6 turns. You go back to hq where you can do nothing except select mission control, cue cutscene, splash xcom screen, demo over.

As for the gameplay itself it was pretty solid. What I didn't like was the action cam especially when running: pointless, as there is nothing going on while you run and felt jarring, and camera control: there seemed to be only a few preset camera angles to toggle through. Other than that as I was mostly pleased. But, as I said, it's hard to get a feel for anything except basic movement and combat in the tutorial since you are pretty restrained in what you can do.

[quote name='zillionandnine']How interesting. I missed that entirely. Haha. I think I have two golden keys right now, but I haven't even found the damn chest in Sanctuary yet. Am I right in thinking there'll be better loot in there when I'm a higher level character? If so, I'll just hold onto my keys for a while longer.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I accidentally used a key on the chest at level 10, and now have a level 10 shield that will be worthless in a few levels. The chest is in the center of sanctuary, in the building right by the machine to change your appearance. It's also the building you spawn in if you last quit and saved your game in sanctuary. The chest itself has 2 skulls on the front and there is a small notation that it uses a key(next to where it says open) when you walk up to it.

[quote name='Severose']Damn... Missed it. =[[/QUOTE]

Me too. Thanks for letting us know though.

In Borderlands 2, it came up in here about the side missions not scaling to your level, a la BL1. I just had that problem/inconvenience once I got past the... metropolitan relocation event. I was at 20/21 and the crapload of sides that became available were nearly all for level 16. Oh well. One of the DLCs will inevitably having constant scaling, I'm sure.

re: HiB6, dammit, I had a feeling Wizorb would show up in a bundle after I bought it as a daily, but I hadn't figured so soon.

So I went to install Torchlight 2 tonight. Noticed it's not in my fucking Library. I know I redeemed my 4 pack because my copy of T1 is there.

Time to go contact Steam Support.

[quote name='Preedatore']As for the gameplay itself it was pretty solid. What I didn't like was the action cam especially when running: pointless, as there is nothing going on while you run and felt jarring, and camera control: there seemed to be only a few preset camera angles to toggle through. Other than that as I was mostly pleased. But, as I said, it's hard to get a feel for anything except basic movement and combat in the tutorial since you are pretty restrained in what you can do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel kind of the same way. I kept waiting for one of the aliens to pop out of nowhere and attack them as they were "dashing". Maybe later on in the game that becomes something to worry about? I dunno. Overall I'm happy with the demo, but I've already got enough on my plate with Borderlands 2 and Torchlight, and Dishonored is coming out the same day as XCOM so I'll be busy with that. I guess I'll wait for a sale down the line.

The Winter Wolves bundle on Groupees has three days left and is nearing its 1000 sold threshold. It's probably safe to say that they won't reach the 2000 mark to unlock the game that's also the $10+ reward.

I figure I'll go in at the $5 level. There's a lot here for five bucks, but by comparison, paying an additional five for one game just doesn't strike me as a bargain. Anyone think otherwise? Is Planet Stronghold singularly worth another five?

[quote name='DPsycho']The Winter Wolves bundle on Groupees has three days left and is nearing its 1000 sold threshold. It's probably safe to say that they won't reach the 2000 mark to unlock the game that's also the $10+ reward.

I figure I'll go in at the $5 level. There's a lot here for five bucks, but by comparison, paying an additional five for one game just doesn't strike me as a bargain. Anyone think otherwise? Is Planet Stronghold singularly worth another five?[/QUOTE]
People speak good about it, and it's supposed to be a very long game (a lot of gameplay). That said, I think it would feel a bit like playing an RPG flash game. It's more an RPG than a visual novel though though, so don't expect it to be the same as the rest of the bundle.

EDIT: Just looked, and its retail value is $24.99, so if you think you'll ever want it, buy it now.

[quote name='dfg']In Borderlands 2, it came up in here about the side missions not scaling to your level, a la BL1. I just had that problem/inconvenience once I got past the... metropolitan relocation event. I was at 20/21 and the crapload of sides that became available were nearly all for level 16. Oh well. One of the DLCs will inevitably having constant scaling, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm just starting to see a bit of that more or less precisely where you mentioned.

[quote name='Tsel']PayDay: The Heist is a ton of fun. It's a shame the community is pretty much non-existent.[/QUOTE]
I never have trouble finding games in it. Nexuiz, on the other hand, I can rarely find more than one populated server, if that. Then there's Shattered Horizon, where I've never seen more than one person in a server, ever.

I have the G500, and I honestly wish I had gone with the 400 instead. I just wasn't paying enough attention. I had an MX510 for years and it was amazing until the right button just gave out. The G400 is pretty much a carbon copy so far as I can tell and I liked the button placement more on that one, but the G500 isn't awful.

Why am I interested in Garshasp? I shouldn't be, right? I need someone to shake me and point me to the better games in my library.

Trine 2, Torchlight II, Bastion, Syberia, The Longest Journey, Zeno Clash?

Nooo, I want Garshasp.

:wall:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is anyone here even getting a Wii-U? At launch or anytime soon? I'm pretty burned on Nintendo, myself, and I used to be a rabid DS fangirl.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any interest in Nintendo consoles--is the new one really going to be better than Microsoft and Sony's? I don't expect I'll be getting a new console for years, if ever, but I can't say I have any more enthusiasm about the U than I did about the original. I don't like platformers and that's the majority of Nintendo's catalog, so . . .

[quote name='6er']Not sure if serious......but....Wii U is not motion centric. It supposed to be Nintendo's return to mainstream gaming, while still supporting motion control games. Like Xbox and Kinect....[/QUOTE]

pardon my Wiignorance.

[quote name='Preedatore']As for the gameplay itself it was pretty solid. What I didn't like was the action cam especially when running: pointless, as there is nothing going on while you run and felt jarring, and camera control: there seemed to be only a few preset camera angles to toggle through. Other than that as I was mostly pleased. But, as I said, it's hard to get a feel for anything except basic movement and combat in the tutorial since you are pretty restrained in what you can do.[/QUOTE]

Well, the good thing is that you can turn off the action cam if you don't want it. As for camera control, I never did figure out how to rotate the camera. I'm sure you can.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, the good thing is that you can turn off the action cam if you don't want it. As for camera control, I never did figure out how to rotate the camera. I'm sure you can.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot to mention you can turn that off. I don't mind it in combat though, just pointless when dashing to cover as there is no action, just running. I will probably turn it off when I play though. Another thing I didn't mention is that it ran well on high settings on my 4-5 year old system, so it's definitely not a performance hog.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']I have the G500, and I honestly wish I had gone with the 400 instead. I just wasn't paying enough attention. I had an MX510 for years and it was amazing until the right button just gave out. The G400 is pretty much a carbon copy so far as I can tell and I liked the button placement more on that one, but the G500 isn't awful.[/QUOTE]
I have the MX Revolution and must have opened that thing five times to adjust the tiny copper spring on the left side. Now the right button is giving out and battery is only holding about half a charge so I finally shelved it and am using some crappy $10 office mouse. On the plus side, I've gotten sort of used to it so now whatever I get will seem awesome compared to my two-button Office Depot special rather than me comparing it to my beloved MX Revolution. Silver linings!

I don't intend to get a launch Wii-U, either, but I am interested to see the thing. Demo units will help me guage my interest. There's no launch software I'm interested in, and these days, I prefer all the games I can get for less than $10 on PC to $30-$60 retail, console games.

I think the Wii U has some interesting concepts but I can't shake the feeling that its most innovative features are only well used when you have more than 2 people playing couch co-op. If you're playing solo, online or with 1 friend locally, it doesn't really seem all that interesting. I'd probably get it if I were still living in a dorm in college, but then I wouldn't be able to afford it :) Now that I can afford it, I have no desire for it. First world problems...

Had more value out of a hacked Wii than I ever did out of the real system. Not enough light gun arcade ports. Metroid Prime, Trauma Center, Rune Factory were the only serious values.

Those are all system sellers but it took them a while to materialize. Who gives a crap about the first 20 games on a system anyway?

[quote name='Rsmobile']Had more value out of a hacked Wii than I ever did out of the real system. Not enough light gun arcade ports. Metroid Prime, Trauma Center, Rune Factory were the only serious values.

Those are all system sellers but it took them a while to materialize. Who gives a crap about the first 20 games on a system anyway?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there is more value in pirating software than buying software on a hacked Wii, so I don't see your point.

[quote name='Corpekata']Q and E rotate the camera. I think it locks you out of it until a certain point in the tutorial though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks was trying to figure this out aswell. Wish the demo were a bit longer, but overall, I think I'll pick it up when it hits ~$20

[quote name='utopianmachine']I don't intend to get a launch Wii-U, either, but I am interested to see the thing. Demo units will help me guage my interest. There's no launch software I'm interested in, and these days, I prefer all the games I can get for less than $10 on PC to $30-$60 retail, console games.[/QUOTE]

From what I played on one, it was a lot of fun. Most of the titles were having their co-op being featured though, so I'm personally wondering about the single player stuff. The best thing I saw was it being a map.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I don't intend to get a launch Wii-U, either, but I am interested to see the thing. Demo units will help me guage my interest. There's no launch software I'm interested in, and these days, I prefer all the games I can get for less than $10 on PC to $30-$60 retail, console games.[/QUOTE]

ZombiU looks like a blast, but I love horror games anyway. I was going to buy it at launch, have $300+ in Amazon cards thanks to Viggle (when it was good) but Amazon isn't selling the damn thing.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Why am I interested in Garshasp? I shouldn't be, right? I need someone to shake me and point me to the better games in my library.

Nooo, I want Garshasp.

:wall:[/QUOTE]

Garshasp is a bad God of War clone that feels uninspired and is full of bugs and glitches. The 50-something score on metacritic reflects this pretty well.

Bastion is an isometric action-adventure with some great storytelling mixed with a few challenging puzzles. I enjoyed it a lot and ended up with 100% on everything. I recommend playing that next and forgetting you even have Garshasp. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Why am I interested in Garshasp? I shouldn't be, right? I need someone to shake me and point me to the better games in my library.

Nooo, I want Garshasp.

:wall:[/QUOTE]

No. No you don't. If the second one is anything like the first one, then it will be horrible...

Grab your list of steam games, print it out, pull out a pin and stab a random game. PRESTO, it's better than Garshap.

Come to think of it, take the pin and poke it in your eye, still more fun that Garshap....

[quote name='Zipomatic2']No. No you don't. If the second one is anything like the first one, then it will be horrible...

Grab your list of steam games, print it out, pull out a pin and stab a random game. PRESTO, it's better than Garshap.

Come to think of it, take the pin and poke it in your eye, still more fun that Garshap....[/QUOTE]

Judging from some of the things people picked up during the summer sale... I'm not sure you can say for certain that the pin will hit something better than Garsharp.

Is anyone else having issues with the Steam client today? My client has said "No Connection" for about two hours and I'm wondering if the servers are down.

Midweek Madness is Resident Evil 5 ($10) and Operation Raccoon City ($25). Prices are not live yet.

[quote name='bantheradio']Is anyone else having issues with the Steam client today? My client has said "No Connection" for about two hours and I'm wondering if the servers are down.[/QUOTE]

It's down for everyone.

HIB bonuses are now live with a Steam key. Hopefully we can redeem soon.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Would have bought RE5 for $5 but $10 is still more than I'm willing to pay[/QUOTE]

Odds of it ever hitting 5 are very slim. Capc very very rarely drops to 75% off. I think a few hit 75% during the winter sale. Street fighter and dead rising and they were flash deals.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Odds of it ever hitting 5 are very slim. Capc very very rarely drops to 75% off. I think a few hit 75% during the winter sale. Street fighter and dead rising and they were flash deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, RE5 should be $5 by now.. but it's Capcom so it may never hit that price. The PC version of RE5 is worth $10, but keep in mind you'll have to buy it on Xbox 360 or PS3 to play the DLC, and it uses the GFWL legacy system for PC, meaning you'll have limited activations.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Would have bought RE5 for $5 but $10 is still more than I'm willing to pay[/QUOTE]

I can maybe see the 50% off for Racoon City because that's a somewhat newer release but 50% for a game released in 2009 is just way, way too chitnzy.

Capcom really is FAIL at this whole Steam sale thing.

Hmmm this looks interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205230/

A completely over the top metroidvania game with seemingly awesome visuals. I could see it hitting $2.50 eventually but if you preorder for $15 you get 10 classic Sega games.

• Comix Zone
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Decap Attack
  • Flicky
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Dynamite Headdy 1
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

Gunstar Heroes and Comix Zone would be nice to have Steam versions of.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Soldiers: Heroes of World War II at 66% off ($1.69)

With the thrills of a 3D shooter and depth of a real time strategy game, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II plays out like a blockbuster war movie in the third person perspective, complete with a stunning visual engine.[/QUOTE]

Tempted to get this just because of how cheap it is. It looks good and has a good Metacritic score, but it has bundle written all over it.

[quote name='vince_carter']Hmmm this looks interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205230/

A completely over the top metroidvania game with seemingly awesome visuals. I could see it hitting $2.50 eventually but if you preorder for $15 you get 10 classic Sega games.

• Comix Zone
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Decap Attack
  • Flicky
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Dynamite Headdy 1

Gunstar Heroes and Comix Zone would be nice to have Steam versions of.[/QUOTE]

ept-pregnancy-test.jpg

[quote name='Seraphym']I just saw this and thought y'all might be interested. You can pre-purchase Hell Yeah: Wrath of the dead Rabbit for $14.99. You also get:

Pre-Purchase and receive the "Classic SEGA Platform Collection" which includes the ten following Classic Sega games.

• Comix Zone
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Decap Attack
  • Flicky
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Dynamite Headdy 1
[/QUOTE]

For anyone wondering why Second Sight was taken off of Steam, this may interest you:

[quote name='GOG']We confirm that some legal issues have arisen with Second Sight. This has caused some of the other retailers to already remove the game from their offer. We're investigating this matter now, but it is likely that tomorrow we'll have to take down the sales page for Second Sight as well. If this happens we will do our best to re-include that great sci-fi paranormal thriller in GOG.com catalogue. As for now, we operate under the assumption that these are the final hours we can offer you this great game in our usual DRM-free, goodie-filled package. It's very probable that you'll continue to be able to download Second Sight from the catalog for the forseeable future--but if you're the belt and suspenders type, you might want to make sure you've got a backup stored locally, just in case.[/quote]

Might be best to grab it from GOG while you have the chance if you want it.

[quote name='BNoyes']Does RE5 work with a 360 controller? It's definitely the type of game I do not want to play with a mouse and keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Actually.. it's a LOT better with keyboard/mouse lol. But yes, it does work natively with a 360 controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back