The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I have no experience with the DLC but Serious Sam 3 is god damn amazing. Let me explain why, Croteam packs the levels with a metric fuckton of enemies and well you feel like this is a fucking alien invasion. I can't recommend this game enough as long as you like mindless shooters.

Also XCOM is brilliant. The game itself is easy to pick up, but Ironman mode makes the game better. Every turn, action, everything is permanent, but it doesn't make the game harder. The game is just as difficult, it just puts more weight on everything you do down to movement because if you fuck up, oh well you can't go back.[/QUOTE]

That sounds way too heavy and tragic. I'd be torn if I lost a character(s) I really liked or just wanted to see how the outcome would've played out if I tried something different. Plus, I'm one of those gamers who saves every minute and has hundreds upon hundreds of save files.

[quote name='sunasun']I was wrong, sir. You are an addict. Damn I wish Origin would have another 100% off sale or even better Steam. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Looks like I missed out on some free games.

I had a few moments in XCOM the last couple days where I saved/had a save file prior to some catastrophe or losing a soldier, but I didn't reload. It somehow seemed lame, and since I had to buckle down and get through the mission with the remaining guys it made the game more fun. So de facto Ironman, I guess.

I've never tried playing a SS game solo, but it's probably dull. The thrill of playing with other people, though, probably comes from the utter insanity going on around you. That part is worth it.

I don't like games coded in javascript. It's like the easiest language to learn, why would I pay for something that some dumbass made in a language I could learn and become fluid in if I wanted to? So what if he made all the graphics, sound, story, and otherwise unique elements. Why would I pay for that? He didn't toil like a REAL programmer would have.

I don't like games that are composed of typical gaming tropes. Any gamer knows gaming tropes, any idiot gamer could make a game. "oh here, jump on this, get that, go here, fight him, save her, bluhhhh". Way to go. Why would I pay for that? Someone else did the legwork for them by developing the standard to which it was shaped. So what if it is otherwise wholly unique. I refuse to see past the element that lead to its development.

I don't like pencil drawings. Any idiot can pick up a pencil and draw. So what if Jim Lee is a billion times more talented than a 5-year-old? I would no sooner pay for a Jim Lee illustration than a child's scrawl. He used a pencil! Use a technically difficult medium and maybe I'll consider it, Mr. Lee. Here, go to this link and find some drawings that may or may not be better than Jim Lee's. All I know is I ain't payin for no drawing done in pencil.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chil...OQ2gWD5oH4Dg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

[quote name='supershammy']I don't like games coded in javascript. It's like the easiest language to learn, why would I pay for something that some dumbass made in a language I could learn and become fluid in if I wanted to? So what if he made all the graphics, sound, story, and otherwise unique elements. Why would I pay for that? He didn't toil like a REAL programmer would have.

I don't like games that are composed of typical gaming tropes. Any gamer knows gaming tropes, any idiot gamer could make a game. "oh here, jump on this, get that, go here, fight him, save her, bluhhhh". Way to go. Why would I pay for that? Someone else did the legwork for them by developing the standard to which it was shaped. So what if it is otherwise wholly unique. I refuse to see past the element that lead to its development.

I don't like pencil drawings. Any idiot can pick up a pencil and draw. So what if Jim Lee is a billion times more talented than a 5-year-old? I would no sooner pay for a Jim Lee illustration than a child's scrawl. He used a pencil! Use a technically difficult medium and maybe I'll consider it, Mr. Lee. Here, go to this link and find some drawings that may or may not be better than Jim Lee's. All I know is I ain't payin for no drawing done in pencil.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chil...OQ2gWD5oH4Dg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955[/QUOTE]

There's honestly no more point in continuing this thread of argument. Basically there are two sides here - Idiotekque and everyone else. He certainly won't change his opinion, so there's no need to preach to the choir.

[quote name='supershammy']I don't like games coded in javascript. It's like the easiest language to learn, why would I pay for something that some dumbass made in a language I could learn and become fluid in if I wanted to? So what if he made all the graphics, sound, story, and otherwise unique elements. Why would I pay for that? He didn't toil like a REAL programmer would have.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chil...OQ2gWD5oH4Dg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955[/QUOTE]
Random analogies don't do anything though; They're just so easy to manipulate. Watch:

Who cares if the artist displayed page 4 of his "connect the dots" book, it's just as good as any Picasso painting.

My favorite author only publishes Mad Libs that he fills out. He doesn't get enough credit, his works deserve to be bestsellers alongside any novel.

[quote name='Englando IV']Random analogies don't do anything though; They're just so easy to manipulate. Watch:

Who cares if the artist displayed page 4 of his "connect the dots" book, it's just as good as any Picasso painting.

My favorite author only publishes Mad Libs that he fills out. He doesn't get enough credit, his works deserve to be bestsellers alongside any novel.[/QUOTE]

The second one doesn't work, as the argument is that the medium defeats the work itself, not that the medium validates the work itself, but I see what you are trying to say.

Just an update, got to one of the zombie missions of Choplifter HD. Surprisingly I was able to mow down a ton of zombies with the chopper blades :)

Also the DLC helicopters are so good. lol. You have to finish a mission with the base copter to be able to replay it with another copter, but once you do you can choose one of the bad ass DLC ones and it helps you get the 5 stars pretty easily on normal. Probably giving this a few run throughs until I get to a difficulty which is no longer fun.

Edit:

Also this game just came out on Gamersgate:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99329141

I love tower defense and this looks pretty awesome. Surprised it needs greenlight since it is from Sigma, but if it looks up your alley give it a vote :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99329141

I love tower defense and this looks pretty awesome. Surprised it needs greenlight since it is from Sigma, but if it looks up your alley give it a vote :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, that looks pretty sweet, but there wasn't much tower defense to speak of in the video. The artwork reminds me somewhat of Loaded from on the PS1.

And all your posts about Choplifter are reminding me of the first time I saw it played on my neighbor's Atari 2600 on their giant TV with wood paneling.

Has anyone here bought Serious Sam II on Steam, and if so did you get a Gamespy multiplayer key (CD key) with it?

Reloading saved games in XCOM seems kind of cheap. If you can just revert back a turn or two, or restart the mission, there is a lack of consequences for your actions. Without the consequences there really isn't much tension to be had, thus eliminating much of what makes the game fun, at least to me.

When the soldier of my name went down in a shady manner(high ground directly over top of a muton, but no los? Huh?) I was compelled to go back then(but didn't), but those shady moments are few and far between. Most of the time it's poor planning or just the numbers playing out. If my sniper has a 95% chance to pop a dude's head off, that means he also has a 5% chance to miss. When that miss comes there was nothing shady, bs, or shenanigans about it. So I just accept it and move on.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']That sounds way too heavy and tragic. I'd be torn if I lost a character(s) I really liked or just wanted to see how the outcome would've played out if I tried something different. Plus, I'm one of those gamers who saves every minute and has hundreds upon hundreds of save files.

[/QUOTE]
It's very heavy and tragic to see one wrong move knock off your best man of your squad or to fail a mission because the person your trying to escort got whacked because of one wrong move you made. It's not for everyone, but even if you reload your saves with classic mode, the game is still phenomenal.
[quote name='Preedatore']Reloading saved games in XCOM seems kind of cheap. If you can just revert back a turn or two, or restart the mission, there is a lack of consequences for your actions. Without the consequences there really isn't much tension to be had, thus eliminating much of what makes the game fun, at least to me.

When the soldier of my name went down in a shady manner(high ground directly over top of a muton, but no los? Huh?) I was compelled to go back then(but didn't), but those shady moments are few and far between. Most of the time it's poor planning or just the numbers playing out. If my sniper has a 95% chance to pop a dude's head off, that means he also has a 5% chance to miss. When that miss comes there was nothing shady, bs, or shenanigans about it. So I just accept it and move on.[/QUOTE]
Personally I feel like the Ironman Mode makes the game more realistic. Instead of every turn if you miss just reload, it's ok with any soldier there is that chance of missing no matter how good they are, even at 95% accuracy. I like the consequences.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Well, again, a LOT of people disagree with me.

What you CAN do with that saved money is just buy SS:TSE. Get classic for $2.50. It's still such a nice looking game that the HD remake is kinda superfluous, though you won't go wrong getting the newer edition for $5.

If you think you'd like SS, TSE is by miles the best choice. All three games offer really the same sort of stuff so you don't really have to get the newest unless you are arranging a co-op party or something.

I don't generally think you SHOULD but there is some simple joy to be had with the game. It really grated on me after a while and didn't feel fulfilling, but, if you HAD the itch, WANTED Serious Sam, that's probably the most CAG-like decision.[/QUOTE]

Well, this lines up with my impression playing through some of the SS:TSE HD demo a while back. It seemed a bit too mindless. I've been mildly interested in this game for some time, but even the 4-pack isn't a pricepoint I'm comfortable with.

[quote name='Preedatore']Reloading saved games in XCOM seems kind of cheap. If you can just revert back a turn or two, or restart the mission, there is a lack of consequences for your actions. Without the consequences there really isn't much tension to be had, thus eliminating much of what makes the game fun, at least to me.

When the soldier of my name went down in a shady manner(high ground directly over top of a muton, but no los? Huh?) I was compelled to go back then(but didn't), but those shady moments are few and far between. Most of the time it's poor planning or just the numbers playing out. If my sniper has a 95% chance to pop a dude's head off, that means he also has a 5% chance to miss. When that miss comes there was nothing shady, bs, or shenanigans about it. So I just accept it and move on.[/QUOTE]

The same could be said about ANY game that saves. I prefer the more discrete challenge akin to a boss fight rather than a game of attrition, especially when a soldier loss just equates to dragging the game out with more abduction missions to replenish staff. Let people play how they want; if the only difficulty that can exist in something the player controls has to be managed by an authoritarian fist, it seems like you have no faith in your players

XCOM keeps the RNG rolls with the save so you can't reload until you hit anyway.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Wow, that looks pretty sweet, but there wasn't much tower defense to speak of in the video. The artwork reminds me somewhat of Loaded from on the PS1.

And all your posts about Choplifter are reminding me of the first time I saw it played on my neighbor's Atari 2600 on their giant TV with wood paneling.[/QUOTE]

The tower defense is a little hard to see because they can blend into the background, but from the gameplay vid you can see towers set up in most shots. Reminds me of the gameplay in Dungeon Defenders.

I like to daydream inside of XCOM. kinda like JD from Scrubs.
Let me explain:
I see a situation which I know is gonna take a while to get through safely. Instead of getting right to it, I sometimes like to save my game and then begin the dream sequence. This involves me sending in all of my troops and performing the most reckless actions without any care for the consequences... just to see how far I can get and how many people I can keep alive. I also like to let loose with my rocket launchers when I do this. Once Im done messing around, Ill reload and do it serious.

I only really do this with the tough missions that have a ton of enemies in them.

[quote name='Rsmobile']The same could be said about ANY game that saves. I prefer the more discrete challenge akin to a boss fight rather than a game of attrition, especially when a soldier loss just equates to dragging the game out with more abduction missions to replenish staff. Let people play how they want; if the only difficulty that can exist in something the player controls has to be managed by an authoritarian fist, it seems like you have no faith in your players

XCOM keeps the RNG rolls with the save so you can't reload until you hit anyway.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that the option should be there to reload a save and move on, as that's how some people prefer to play. I just enjoy the added weight of the decision that actually has an impact on the rest of the game. Sure, I can just hire a new soldier and run him through the paces, but on the tougher difficulties it's not that easy. On normal, I hire a new guy, give him a plasma weapon, throw him some titan armor and he's probably gonna do fine. On classic, I don't think it's that simple. I'm going to start a classic run this weekend for extra life, so I'll see how I feel at that point about it. I know on normal reloading seems pointless as, in about 50 missions, I've only lost 8-10 guys and have a few thousand magic space bucks tucked away.

Unity of Command and Vikings Battle for Asgard are both up on steam. I think I am going to have to grab Unity of Command, been eying it for a while.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Daily Deal

The Political Machine 2012 $4.97 50% off[/QUOTE]

If this game required me to roll back to 18-month-old drivers, scour the Steam forums for a custom .ini to make it work on 64-bit Windows, and crashed every 8 minutes it would probably still make me less frustrated and angry than real world politics.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tempted to get Viking to play it now, can get it on GMG for 20% off and it activates on Steam[/QUOTE]

Me too but it has under $7 at least written all over it for the Winter Sale.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Any big changes from the 360 version?[/QUOTE]
I think it was supposed to get a graphical overhaul for the pc release.

I actually really want Political Machine 2012. :X

$2.50 or bust though.

EDIT: Wait, there's a 4-pack available making copies $2.50 a piece! I highly doubt there's enough interest there though. I'll host one if there is. GROUP FULL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmnn.. good note Seraphym. I am mildly interested in Magicka but haven't ever picked it up. That new DLC looks pretty good though. I guess I should wait around for a steam sale.

Subsoap accounts are now live. On a whim I just checked out their page and saw that the option to create an account. I have redeemed my IB key.

I saw no announcement email and found no mention of it when I searched the thread. I have no idea when it happened.

There's a new Halloween themed game in my account that should have playable builds later this month.

http://www.subsoap.com/

edit: It looks like the relaunch came out about a month ago.

[quote name='Seraphym']It looks like that Magicka Collection does not include the most recent campaign dlc Dungeons and Daemons It's not on sale individually, either.

I'd recommend passing for a better collection.[/QUOTE]

At the rate they continue to pump out DLC you could be waiting a long while before there's a 'final/complete' collection.

[quote name='louiedog']Subsoap accounts are now live. On a whim I just checked out their page and saw that the option to create an account. I have redeemed my IB key.

I saw no announcement email and found no mention of it when I searched the thread. I have no idea when it happened.

There's a new Halloween themed game in my account that should have playable builds later this month.

http://www.subsoap.com/

edit: It looks like the relaunch came out about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Redeemed my key as well. They sure have a lot of projects in development currently. For some reason, I have an extra Infinity Bundle key for these guys. I'd like to sell it if anyone's interested in buying.

[quote name='Mooby']At the rate they continue to pump out DLC you could be waiting a long while before there's a 'final/complete' collection.[/QUOTE]

I take it you mean "final/complete" should be intoned in a self-effacing, mocking way; do you truly believe that there will ever be a "final" piece of Magicka DLC?

[quote name='Blade']Nice! Redeemed my key as well. They sure have a lot of projects in development currently. For some reason, I have an extra Infinity Bundle key for these guys. I'd like to sell it if anyone's interested in buying.[/QUOTE]

What bundle is this y'all are referencing? I have a copy of Faerie Solitaire on Steam but I have no idea where it came from.

[quote name='warreni']What bundle is this y'all are referencing? I have a copy of Faerie Solitaire on Steam but I have no idea where it came from.[/QUOTE]

Subsoap gave out keys for their Infinity Bundle which includes all past and future games they make to those who supported them previous to the date they announced it. Lots of us had picked up Faerie Solitaire in steam sales and got keys as a result.

[quote name='warreni']I take it you mean "final/complete" should be intoned in a self-effacing, mocking way; do you truly believe that there will ever be a "final" piece of Magicka DLC?[/QUOTE]

When Magicka II comes out :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unimpressed with all the IR bundles lately (besides the one with Analogue, which wasn't a bad deal). Why so many people are chomping at the bit to buy an RPG Maker XP game is beyond me, especially when you can get games like it (for better or worse) for absolutely free elsewhere.

Can't complain about a Blackwell game being in the bundle, but for $5? Weak bundle.[/QUOTE]

Agree to an extent, the bundle right now and the last one don't seem worth dropping the Jackson & change for, nothing really that striking honestly. But that's also because I don't really hear much about these games besides what I hear from y'all.

[quote name='warreni']I take it you mean "final/complete" should be intoned in a self-effacing, mocking way; do you truly believe that there will ever be a "final" piece of Magicka DLC?[/QUOTE]

Well... they might go bankrupt!

Played about an hour of Unity of command, and I'd say its pretty fun. For $15 I'd say its worth it, and it focuses on the Eastern Front during WWII which really doesn't get as much love as other theaters from that war. I think there is a demo out there for it, but Its not on steam.

[quote name='MC Kage']Agree to an extent, the bundle right now and the last one don't seem worth dropping the Jackson & change for, nothing really that striking honestly. But that's also because I don't really hear much about these games besides what I hear from y'all.[/QUOTE]

I've decided to pass on the IR bundle this time around. The only game I'm interested in is Oil Rush. I already have (but haven't played) To the Moon and the other 3 don't really interest me much.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']man thats a lot of "The Ship" entries! i probably entered 30+ so far and have yet to won a copy! i heard it was given for free somewhere but i missed out on getting my own... i think my points already has accumulted again for the day.... time to enter more ship entries!! haha![/QUOTE]

Update: Finally won The ship on steamgifts! haha! i was able to enter a giveaway with less than 200 entries! yay! cant w8 to try this out when i get home.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Update: Finally won The ship on steamgifts! haha! i was able to enter a giveaway with less than 200 entries! yay! cant w8 to try this out when i get home.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Now you can filter out all of those The Ship giveaways when you browse Steam Gifts!

[quote name='walkonshadows']What's the deal with these, Steamable?[/QUOTE]

Only Magicka is for steam, I think. Not a really good sale, you can buy most of those for much less when Amazon does another sale on paradox bundles :)

aerofly FS is now available on Steam and 15% off ($33.99) until October 24th.

Fulfill your dream of flying with aerofly FS! aerofly FS lets you enter the world of flying in a quality never seen before. aerofly FS sets a high value on realistic flight physics, highly detailed aircraft and terrain and smooth frame rates.
Genre: Simulation

[quote name='BernardoOne']Only Magicka is for steam, I think. Not a really good sale, you can buy most of those for much less when Amazon does another sale on paradox bundles :)[/QUOTE]
Warlock is also steam.

[quote name='DPsycho']Not Steam, but since it was discussed in here, only 90 minutes remain on GoG's Divinity Anthology bundle. The threshold for the full shebang has stabilized at around $12.50. Still just a buck for the first game.[/QUOTE]

You can actually pay as little as a penny for the first one alone. Was hoping all three would drop even more but $12ish looks to be the lowest they'll let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back