The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Fable 2 is solid and fun if you enjoy the Fable series. Do you dislike Fable 1 and 3 as well? Because they're more or less the same.
I haven't played either, so I couldn't say. I guess it isn't bad really, but I don't find it noteworthy in any way either. I've only played 2-3 hours though, so maybe I'm still missing the meat of the game. There are a lot of better games though that you guys should be petitioning to come to PC though :argue:

vwMin.gif
OMG. So fucking excited.

Unpublicized feature: No native gamepad support.

Native getting fucked over yet again.
Screw that. Won't play without gamepad support.

I've played some of it on 360, and you really don't :p
Now, now, I LOVED Fable 2. So remember that when you speak. ;)

Well, it appealed to me, the girl protagonist. And the clothes. And the silly expressions. And the golden trail that I followed to ever mission. I dunno, the game clicked with me.

Fable III was much the same thing, and I didn't get into that. So if Fable II isn't your bag, I'd avoid the series.

Well, it appealed to me, the girl protagonist. And the clothes. And the silly expressions. And the golden trail that I followed to ever mission. I dunno, the game clicked with me.

Fable III was much the same thing, and I didn't get into that. So if Fable II isn't your bag, I'd avoid the series.
well I got 3 for free, so I will probably end up playing it eventually. It is really the technical problems that I find annoying (frame rate drops mostly), I don't have much of a problem with the gameplay (and I really like the off beat dialog). I don't now, I've very mixed feelings on it so far, but I can see why you enjoyed it.

Achievement: [member='Mooby'] has reached 100 profile views.

This dude rhymes with breasts mo' better than the best female rappers and it ain't no contest.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfO_pcwCHTk[/youtube]

The Steam Sale really needs to begin, NOW. All my money is going to XBL and PSN and Amazon. Won't be any left for Steam-ing!
I've got $75 worth of GabeN bucks thanks to the cards. I can't imagine spending more than that during the sale on steam. So my money for the sale (at least for what I'll spend on steam) is pretty much set aside. As far as I'm concerned, they can start the sale when they're good n ready.

In the meantime, I'll be using the $50 that I set aside for this sale period picking up games on GOG or GMG or Amazon.

I think I'm around 260 profile views. Need more likes though. I'm at a measly 58 or so while some of you fellas have well over 100. Gotta catch up.

Where in the genuine F--- do some of y'all post?!

Is there a bustling general board here at CAG?
I haven't even looked at a forum in ages. I live on my "Content You Follow" page, where I only post in the Steam, Amazon, GMG, GG, and Groupees threads. That's pretty much it, ever.

Do you just go around the boards advertising nude women on your profile?
Not a bad idea, but sadly no.

Do you just go around the boards advertising nude women on your profile?

Every one of my posts contains :oops: FULL DORSAL NUDITY :oops: and I only get half that many eyeballs.

HasheeshKitty also has an astronomical amount.

Just finished the Rogue Legacy demo.  Add me to the list of fans.  I was thrown by the difficulty at first, but once I figured out how the game worked it quickly got its hooks in me.  I love the old school feel and the additive nature of the gameplay.  I wish it wouldn't have just been released.  At $3.75, or as part of a bundle, I could buy it and be very happy.  As it is, if by some chance it gets 50% in a sale in the near future I might have to pick it up and then regret it later when it inevitably finds its way into a bundle...

WTF, how do I have over 1700 profile views :whee: weirder still, I keep seeing the same people popping up on recent visitors :cold:
I'm probably at the opposite end of the spectrum with no view. I can't check all this new functionality on mobile though and I'm too lazy, aka torn acl, mcl, and pcl, to go upstairs and check on my pc.

I'm probably at the opposite end of the spectrum with no view. I can't check all this new functionality on mobile though and I'm too lazy, aka torn acl, mcl, and pcl, to go upstairs and check on my pc.

According to my autographed Ms. Cleo autobiography, dis mean daht you should play catch with your son more often.

If you ever recover. That's pretty fucked.

I'm excited for the Summer Seal even though there isn't anything I'm hoping to pick up for immediate consumption.  Following the flash deals and watching for the inevitable ephemeral pricing errors is still a fun ride.  Plus, there are a few games (Witcher 2) where this is the first big sale since their price reductions that should ideally result in lowest prices ever, and knocking them off the wishlist with blood card money makes acquiring them at last all the sweeter.

I'm excited for the Summer Seal even though there isn't anything I'm hoping to pick up for immediate consumption. Following the flash deals and watching for the inevitable ephemeral pricing errors is still a fun ride. Plus, there are a few games (Witcher 2) where this is the first big sale since their price reductions that should ideally result in lowest prices ever, and knocking them off the wishlist with blood card money makes acquiring them at last all the sweeter.
I'm the same way. I'm particularly looking forward to the Risen games being on sale for the first time since their price reductions. If they go 75% off, that'd be $2.50 for the first one and $5 for the second, all with card dinero.

wow, great optimization on the port

too bad about G4WL

now give us dragons dogma, sweet capcom

dvMftXg.png
Yeah, it's well optimized.

My PC would probably have like 30FPS :(
I don't remember exactly, but my GTX 260 was getting excessively more than 60 fps @ 1920x1200.

The console versions also run at 60fps fyi, it's relatively standard for fighting games. The only reason the PC version is better is a higher resolution and AA.

I would kill for that on PC.
Ah cool! But how many people have 60 Hz TVs?

Lawl, I get 30FPS on most modern games. I'm a poor person.

Intel Dual Core 2.33GHz

4GB RAM

GeForce 210

Yet I can run Arkham City very smoothly...
Well AC runs quite well on DX9... I enjoyed it back on a GTX 260 (iirc).

Holy <prophet of choice> a GT 210... that's worse than my 7900 GT in my 2006 computer. ,,, I suppose anything runs well at 640x480 ;) (Seriously you might consider a dirt cheap GTX 8800 or better off ebay)

This sale sucks! I haven't bought anything yet!

Isn't 'pricking' pretty much what turns every condom from "unused" to "used"?
Well using condoms on borrowed sex toys isn't just good hygiene... it's good manners too!

Question for resident shift key experts- Is it possible to use shift keys that were previously posted or do they expire?
The nice thing with Orcz is that list is everything that can still be redeemed. Most shift keys are valid for 1-3 days (currently, used to hours).

Yeah, the lack of 'official' weekly sales is making my Spooder sense tingle~
OMG DIDJA KILL & EAT SPODER?!?

May the fleas of a thousand console peasants... you ninja editors.
ftfy

WTF, how do I have over 1700 profile views :whee: weirder still, I keep seeing the same people popping up on recent visitors :cold:
Misclicks.

<Squeaky Southern Sheriff's voice> What we have here, is a failure to hand-eye coordinate. <Squeaky Southern Sheriff's voice>
Cool Hand Luke reference... sampled in a well known Guns & Roses song

Edit, yeah, double post. I exceeded the quote limit. ...next time you see CheapyD in the street... < gratuitous violence> for me

Hey guys, there's nude women on my profile.

I'll get you next time, Ashes.
You'd better!

tumblr_kw9qgxtkXn1qzvnxpo1_500.png

and how come no one has looked at my profile?
Where's the beef?

(and jeez, that's a png... continuous tone image->use a jpeg for final image)

Well AC runs quite well on DX9... I enjoyed it back on a GTX 260 (iirc).

Holy <prophet of choice> a GT 210... that's worse than my 7900 GT in my 2006 computer. ,,, I suppose anything runs well at 640x480 ;) (Seriously you might consider a dirt cheap GTX 8800 or better off ebay)
Haaa. Haaa, The only game I have to play on lowest resolution is GTAIV. I blame the game for that, though. Saints Row TT runs fantasticly better (at like, 1280x720). I mostly play games from 2007-2009 though. My card works fine. I'm saving up for just a better rig altogether. Woulnd't trust getting a card from eBay tbh. I want this as a base and just upgrade.

I'm excited for the Summer Seal even though there isn't anything I'm hoping to pick up for immediate consumption. Following the flash deals and watching for the inevitable ephemeral pricing errors is still a fun ride. Plus, there are a few games (Witcher 2) where this is the first big sale since their price reductions that should ideally result in lowest prices ever, and knocking them off the wishlist with blood card money makes acquiring them at last all the sweeter.
Exactly how I feel. Here's hoping they don't get stingy on the Witcher 2 discount. 75% off please. None of this 66% off crap.

EDIT: According to this article, Killing Floor is going to be free to play for a week starting on July 4 because of the Summer event. Looks like no sale this week, but the free KF week does end on Thursday the 11th...

Exactly how I feel. Here's hoping they don't get stingy on the Witcher 2 discount. 75% off please. None of this 66% off crap.

EDIT: According to this article, Killing Floor is going to be free to play for a week starting on July 4 because of the Summer event. Looks like no sale this week, but the free KF week does end on Thursday the 11th...
This could be like a free weekend sort of deal though. You play for free to sway purchase.

Darkspore's been broken for ages, and within 24 hours of it being delisted from Steam gets a fix to supposedly resolve the issue. And people wonder why gamers don't like EA/Origin.

Darkspore's been broken for ages, and within 24 hours of it being delisted from Steam gets a fix to supposedly resolve the issue. And people wonder why gamers don't like EA/Origin.
Now if only Valve would remove Afterfall Insanity from Steam, so the devs would fix that. It's been broken since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back