The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
3633-ex1-lo8.png

I honestly don't understand this diagram, but it explains it all.  Trust me.

One of those is Nuuvem and one of those is US and I'm pretty sure one of those is Russia and Snowden is like one of the arrows. 

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they don't even restrict US buyers in any way. You don't even have to give yourself a Brazilian address like you'd have to fake a US address with Amazon. Not only that, but they specifically restrict you from adding CERTAIN games to your cart, while others are fine.

Who here has actually translated Nuuvem's legal information and read it? There are lots of foreign game sites that sell in the US (GamersGate, GMG, GetGamesGo, etc), and those aren't considered gray area. Where does it specifically say that Nuuvem isn't supposed to sell in the US?

Well, there we go. Still makes me wonder why it takes no trickiness on the buyer's part to buy anything. Maybe they have more rights to sell than their terms of use lets on.

So if I hop down to Mexico, sign onto a friend's computer, and buy the game there, it's a legit sale?

*calls one of his old classmates

Well, there we go. Still makes me wonder why it takes no trickiness on the buyer's part to buy anything. Maybe they have more rights to sell than their terms of use lets on.
If you want to murder someone, is there any trickiness to prevent you from doing so?

And if there is no trickiness in place, does it make it any less murderous?

Obviously, not as bad as that and I've bought some stuff from overseas before and would have bought something from Nuuvem if they just had the FIFA/Omerta bundle I was looking for, but I don't think they have to do anything to actively prevent people from using their site grayishly.

So if I hop down to Mexico, sign onto a friend's computer, and buy the game there, it's a legit sale?

*calls one of his old classmates
Mexico is part of NORTH America, so no, still not legit. You have to go past that little string of countries in the middle and then buy.

Hey guys I always u cag for ps3 deals and I noticed I had these portal 2 steam codes that came originally with ps3 copy I have 2 of them they didn't have an expiration date so they should work. Let me know if u guys wabt them because I dont use steam, and try to reply to this message or something because I check my email regularly so ill send u the codes in an email, first one to contact me gets them

Hey guys I always u cag for ps3 deals and I noticed I had these portal 2 steam codes that came originally with ps3 copy I have 2 of them they didn't have an expiration date so they should work. Let me know if u guys wabt them because I dont use steam, and try to reply to this message or something because I check my email regularly so ill send u the codes in an email, first one to contact me gets them
you need the portal 2 disc and a ps3 to activate those codes though, you can't just simply redeem them on steam

I've never played Baldur's Gate before and at $5 it seems like a pretty good deal. Do you guys think it'll get any lower during the steam summer sale? $5 seems low already.
Just buy the original versions on GOG and use mods to adapt them to high res monitors, still a far better experience.

Defender's Quest is 75% off ($3.74) on the dev's site through the Humble Store. DRM-free and Steam. The game has trading cards.

link
Of course it is... You're welcome everyone, as I just bought it on the Steam sale for 66% off :p

This.

By the way, for anyone who is still on the fence about Defender's Quest, just get it at 75% off :p  It's an incredible game, and even though I only bought it 3 days ago, I've already spent over 8 hours on it.... while Tomb Raider and other more modern games lie dormant.  It's probably my favorite tower defense game of all time, and the dry humor is adorable :)

So what's the consensus on Dust, buy it now?
Dust is awesome to a ridiculous degree! Get it now :bouncy: the only thing I can say against it is that the difficulty is rather inconsistent (pretty much overpowered/getting slaughtered the whole game, mostly the former), but even that said the combat is still incredibly satisfying, and it gets so many other things so right that I could easily recommend it even at full price (heck I think it's better than most full retail games). Really, everyone should play it :D

Dust is awesome to a ridiculous degree! Get it now :bouncy: the only thing I can say against it is that the difficulty is rather inconsistent (pretty much overpowered/getting slaughtered the whole game, mostly the former), but even that said the combat is still incredibly satisfying, and it gets so many other things so right that I could easily recommend it even at full price (heck I think it's better than most full retail games). Really, everyone should play it :D
Awesome cant wait for it to get indie bundled!

Hmm... not sure I can justify throwing $5 @ BGEE, I already own the anthology...
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I already own the entire D&D collection on GOG. So I can't really justify spending $5 of my money on the game no matter how good of a deal it is.

I can, however, justify spending the money of those fools who bought my steam cards.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I already own the entire D&D collection on GOG. So I can't really justify spending $5 of my money on the game no matter how good of a deal it is.

I can, however, justify spending the money of those fools who bought my steam cards.
and you are compulsive like me and if you have an inkling a game might be removed, you bite

I'm still in the camp that what little improvements Beamdog made are far outweighed by the instability they introduced and that's made worse by the fact that you can get almost all of their additions in the form of mods that have been around for a long time.

and you are compulsive like me and if you have an inkling a game might be removed, you bite
Honestly, the threat of a game getting removed from the store has become every bit as big of a motivator for me to buy as a nice discount used to be. Even if it's a game that I only kinda/sorta want. If there are whispers in the wind that it might get yanked, I'm gonna bite when it goes on sale.

Worst case scenario, I can store the game in my inventory until I decide that i truly do want it. If need be, I can flip the game later and get my money back.

Honestly, the threat of a game getting removed from the store has become every bit as big of a motivator for me to buy as a nice discount used to be. Even if it's a game that I only kinda/sorta want, if there's whispers in the wind that it might get yanked, I'm gonna bite when it goes on sale.

Worst case scenario, I can store the game in my inventory until I decide that i truly do want it. If need be, I can flip the game latter and get my money back.
I know the feeling

when I saw beamdog pulled it from their website and it was then removed from the AppStore...I was upset with myself I didnt buyt it from Amazon when they had it on sale...so I bit this time around

By the way, for anyone who is still on the fence about Defender's Quest, just get it at 75% off :p It's an incredible game, and even though I only bought it 3 days ago, I've already spent over 8 hours on it.... while Tomb Raider and other more modern games lie dormant. It's probably my favorite tower defense game of all time, and the dry humor is adorable :)
Would you recommend DQ to someone who is incredibly bad at tower defense games? I really liked PvZ, wanted to like Defense Grid, but was so shitty at it, I had to quit. Haven't picked up another tower defense game since that humiliating experience.

I think Ashes posted something similar a few pages back, but this sums up whether or not you should buy BGEE or not:

"The EE is extremely buggy right now. They have already released several patches, but it is still very buggy.

The only truly new things in the EE are three new companions and a rather sucky fight arena. The Black Pits was advertised as being a new adventure sidequest that would be over six hours long. In reality, its not a sidequest at all, but rather a fight arena where you fight 15 different fights and that's it. It took me less than two hours to get through it. Remember the Battle Squares from Icewind Dale 2? That's basically what it is.

The rest of the "enhancements" are all fan-made mods that are available for free.

Basically these mods:

Tutu mod
widescreen mod
1pp mod

Use those mods and you basically can make your own EE.
"

Not only that, I've read that BGEE doesn't work with a lot of user mods, and there are some excellent ones out there besides the ones that simply update the game. You're seriously just shooting yourself in the foot and spending extra money on the inferior version when you buy BGEE.

I'd rather pay GOG for the original (and flawless) version... I read too many bad things about the Enhaced Edition

Would you recommend DQ to someone who is incredibly bad at tower defense games? I really liked PvZ, wanted to like Defense Grid, but was so shitty at it, I had to quit. Haven't picked up another tower defense game since that humiliating experience.
Defense Grid was really good but there was definitely a steep learning curve. To me DQ and the mobile game Kingdom Rush are in a similar space where they're much more forgiving but every bit as hardcore. That's my take at least. I just checked and the flash demo is still around so give that a go since it's the first few levels and you'll know one way or the other:

http://www.defendersquest.com/play_demo.html

Just bought DQ from the dev's page. Couldn't resist steam + gog keys... Also drm free + tied to my humble account + desura! Oh... And cards!

The Walking Dead DLC was pretty damn fun, but boy does it make me want more. All of the stories were unique and had some pretty intense decisions to make. 

Definitely pick it up tomorrow if you enjoyed the base game.

Edge of Space devs lost a purchase based on their very murky DRM stance. I don't like it at all. Oh well, I'll just buy starbound.

A Desura game which as of right now requires an always on internet connection. Terraria in space w/ an always online DRM. WTF? Mulddle it up with kickstarter backers getting a "DRM Free" version "later"? While the rest of us? 

The Walking Dead DLC was pretty damn fun, but boy does it make me want more. All of the stories were unique and had some pretty intense decisions to make.

Definitely pick it up tomorrow if you enjoyed the base game.
Did the decisions have any impact on things? I thought that was a common complaint about the base game.

Did the decisions have any impact on things? I thought that was a common complaint about the base game.
It's pretty evident that the bulk of these decisions will have some sort of impact on the second season, but each episode ends somewhat abruptly, so we don't really get any hints as to what's going to happen. For the most part, the decisions you make in each story in this DLC had a pretty significant impact. I honestly wanted to replay it almost immediately to go back and make different decisions.

It's short, but it's a blast to play through.

Good job, everyone. It's not a typical day that a game goes on sale (BGEE) and I end up responding by removing it from my wishlist. I was ready to throw card money at it, but I guess I'll stick with my GoG version of the original. Which will likely stay in my backlog forever, anyway. Because I win at CAG.

The temptation to plant it in my inventory for speculation is there, but I think I'd rather not be bothered.

Ubisoft was hacked apparently, so If anyone has a Uplay account, you should probably change your password. They say no financial information was stolen at least, but who knows if they're telling the truth.
I learned this when they emailed my gmail account, which I'll note is not my primary email account. It looks like someone had an account and gave them my email address for it, using a username that's not at all similar to anything I have ever used. It let me change the guy's password. Wondering now if I'll end up hearing from him.

It's a pretty relaxed TD. You can pause it or slow it down any time you like. Plus all the RPG'ish elements give you a little something extra to do between rounds. You can even replay rounds to build up your characters a bit to make subsequent rounds a bit easier.

Reposting to shame recklessly spending CAGs for posterity

I still have my original BE disc and the GOG version.

From what I've read it isn't worth buying if you already own the game. They basically implemented some mods, fixed a few things (that I think user patches fix too), and added a tiny bit of content.
I've heard this a lot. Thanks.

GOG's guide to modding BG

From http://kotaku.com/5963893/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-everything-you-should-know

Wait a minute. I remember playing Baldur's Gate with some crazy mods a few years ago that did similar things. Is there anything you can do here that you can't do with mods?

Probably not. The new content designed by the folks behind Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be exclusive to this game, but a lot of the interface changes and BG2 enhancements can be patched into a standard version of Baldur's Gate with a number of free mods.
From http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75251-baldurs-gate/64923323

The only truly new things in the EE are three new companions and a rather sucky fight arena. The Black Pits was advertised as being a new adventure sidequest that would be over six hours long. In reality, its not a sidequest at all, but rather a fight arena where you fight 15 different fights and that's it. It took me less than two hours to get through it. Remember the Battle Squares from Icewind Dale 2? That's basically what it is.

The rest of the "enhancements" are all fan-made mods that are available for free.

Basically these mods:

Tutu mod
widescreen mod
1pp mod

Use those mods and you basically can make your own EE.
-------------------------

Ahh, the one type of post that makes me [redacted by attorney] ... "everyone must/should buy X" ... no what why... gaming is categories you know... if if the best thing since BF4, I'll pass... if it's the best thing since Diablo 2, you have my ear, okay not my ear but [redacted]

So...card predictions for tomorrow? Personally, I'm done guessing. I just hope I already own at least 3/5 of the new games.
I was under the impression that they weren't gonna have a big card dump days anymore. I thought Devs could just release the cards whenever they're good n ready. Kinda like the Endless Space guys did a few days ago.

So...card predictions for tomorrow? Personally, I'm done guessing. I just hope I already own at least 3/5 of the new games.
Well SCS did say on their blog that they were working on cards so I guess Euro Truck Sim 2 will be up tomorrow. Tripwire also has the summer event starting tomorrow so maybe some Killing Floor and Red Orchestra cards.

cards_ad.jpg

[quote name="Mooby" post="10875605" timestamp="1372830120"]
All Paradox titles? Surely they'd mix it up.[/quote]They will switch it up when Fox runs out of Indie Gala Dwarves bundles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back