The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
and to all you guys bitching that i got it for a penny did i bitch at the guys marking up sonic bundles after the price mistake the other week or to all you guys trying to get a buck a piece for the games you dont want from your humble bundles

well 

oh for the record i turned down 25 paypal from another user in favor of this users deal and im giving 1 if not both remaining keys and i also gave away a legend of zelda hyrule historia on here when barnes and noble had that secret batch that you could order from store 

and to all you guys bitching that i got it for a penny did i bitch at the guys marking up sonic bundles after the price mistake the other week or to all you guys trying to get a buck a piece for the games you dont want from your humble bundles

well
do you see anyone else trying to leverage that into getting free games like it was done outta the kindness of their hearts ?

well_o_337335.jpg

well

oh for the record i turned down 25 paypal from another user in favor of this users deal and im giving 1 if not both remaining keys and i also gave away a legend of zelda hyrule historia on here when barnes and noble had that secret batch that you could order from store
Lol so how many Metro LL keys did you manage to get?

Look, you're not gonna get any sympathy from most of the people here because you're trying to leverage what you believe was a charitable deal into a free game (Magicka) when most of us don't really think it was very charitable at all (i mean it was a pretty damn good deal to get Ys games and keep codes for yourself). Not to mention that most of the people (including me) here weren't lucky enough to get that Metro LL deal.

Oh and not that many people on this thread scored the Sonic deal and I dunno how many actually tried to fleece other CAGs from it.

Trying to catch on on CAG isn't doing anything to quash my days-long desire to put heads on pikes... if anything, it's increasing my desire to do so.

do you see anyone else trying to leverage that into getting free games like it was done outta the kindness of their hearts ?

im not saying i deserve because i did that im saying i would like to try it but cant buy it because i did that and if he has multiple keys i would be a good guy to give it to

heck i could have easily lied and said i sold it for saints row the third and you would all still hate on me for makin any profit

"bully scholarship edition" - you will be mine when i get home. hehe!

man hardly spend $10 so far this summer sale. Its link only 10% of what i spent last year.

oh well. at least im saving.

Bully and Super Meat Boy are both on my wishlist, but I am hoping for Bully to go cheaper (or same price + coupon) on GMG or in the bundle with Manhunt, and SMB I think is only worth $2 or so to me. Waiting to see if it pops up in a bundle or gets a MSRP cut

And did CAG3.0 get rid of the ignore feature? I can't seem to find it

Man this topic is hilarious. Even when I've already given up on trying to catch up on the 10 pages this topic increases each time I check it.

Yes, the steam sale was always gonna crash every card market there, it's a predictable behaviour. Sure, it fucks a lot of us, but even then I've seen CAGs undercutting prices to get a fast sale, so we're not part of the solution (because it isn't really a problem, it's equilibrium).

However I'm loving the dude that is trying to make someone believe his altruism because he *sold* a free price mistake.

Voted for Reus, it's only 50% but I bought it from GMG and enjoyed it a lot, although after a bit it can become a bit grindy.

Bully and Super Meat Boy are both on my wishlist, but I am hoping for Bully to go cheaper (or same price + coupon) on GMG or in the bundle with Manhunt, and SMB I think is only worth $2 or so to me. Waiting to see if it pops up in a bundle or gets a MSRP cut

It's still there, just more work.

Settings->Ignore Prefs, and paste and add user.

There are ignore preferences in your CP. Is that it?

Edit: Ninja'd

side note is it just me or did star wars and lego fans get the shaft this year outside of the always on sale kotor stuff
Usually do, tbh. LEGO games rarely go on good sale (although Amazon had most last Christmas for good deals) and SW usually gets the franchise pack to go on sale once. We still have 8 days left

I've recommended it a bunch of times in the thread, if you just go up and type "Endless Space" into the search bar with "This Topic" as the search setting.

Simply put, it's Civ V in space with better combat and a more open tech tree. Great writing, not too impossible to approach even though it's a complicated game (completely customizable ships make for really in depth combat scenarios). I love what I've played so far.

Just beware of "one more turn" disease... It's just as bad as Civ IV/V like that...
Didn't even think/know about searching the forum, the more you know, Thanks for the summary!

Usually do, tbh. LEGO games rarely go on good sale (although Amazon had most last Christmas for good deals) and SW usually gets the franchise pack to go on sale once. We still have 8 days left
i remember when star wars collection was the highlight of the sales oh those were the days

im not saying i deserve because i did that im saying i would like to try it but cant buy it because i did that and if he has multiple keys i would be a good guy to give it to

heck i could have easily lied and said i sold it for saints row the third and you would all still hate on me for makin any profit
you can't buy it because that penny set you back so much ?

man, it's hard out there in the streets right now

Didn't even think/know about searching the forum, the more you know, Thanks for the summary!
No problem. I think a couple CAGs have picked it up, so if you end up grabbing it let me know. The multiplayer is supposed to be solid (unlike Civ V).

I still have not caught the notifications bug in CAG 3.0... I chalk it up to my health disdain for social media... and bipeds.

I still have not caught the notifications bug in CAG 3.0... I chalk it up to my health disdain for social media... and bipeds.
How do you turn them off? They're a nightmare! Is not like I need them to tell me that there are new posts in this topic, I know there will be whenever I decide to refresh this page :( 800+ notifications for the same topic are a bit too much.

first and only foil; McPixel, white house, tried to sell when at $6 (peaked at $7.47) and now at $0.60. 

On the positive side, bought FTL with card money and even bought the soundtrack as it is on sale for $0.99.  If you like FTL music, buy now.

How do you turn them off? They're a nightmare! Is not like I need them to tell me that there are new posts in this topic, I know there will be whenever I decide to refresh this page :( 800+ notifications for the same topic are a bit too much.

Here

How: un-check those you don't want, click save.

Capture2.PNG

Remember when your English teachers said to pay attention, because people in the real world will judge you for your language skills?

I'm bringing it up because the last two pages are a great example as to why.

Wow Magicka is a pretty fun game now I just need to convince my friend to get it so that I could play it cooperatively  but so far I am enjoying it a lot.

points to feedback i gave it to him for ys chronicles and ys oath
here you go, got this for free

Ticket to Ride

E26NR-JL09C-23XTM

Unlike you, i'm not here to dick over other CAGs

well

Wow, what a philanthropist you are.......

Is anyone using the Steam Android app? Can you vote for sale deals via it? Wondering whether it's worth installing for an upcoming, short trip.

Just a little FYI about a voting glitch: I was able to vote both online and in the client at the same time for the same game when the daily deals changed over. So now I have 1 extra vote than I should have. Can't say for sure whether you can do it each time a new poll goes up, or if it only happens due to server lag when the deals change, but it's worth trying for double votes if you want the badge.

Started playing Surgeon Simulator, it is going exactly as well as it should go. I accidentally sawed a guy's ribcage open while trying to replace his heart. Oops...

Just a little FYI about a voting glitch: I was able to vote both online and in the client at the same time for the same game when the daily deals changed over. So now I have 1 extra vote than I should have. Can't say for sure whether you can do it each time a new poll goes up, or if it only happens due to server lag when the deals change, but it's worth trying for double votes if you want the badge.
nice, will try this myself ^_^

Why are we all voting for Reus when it will be a daily?

All the Summer Getaway cards are gonna be the Featured daily.

Are you guys not that smart?
I don't think the community deal feature really matters that much. Just about anything you see in one type of deal will likely be available in the others as well.That's how it was last year at least.

Somehow, between the last time I played Sleeping Dogs and today, a 5.5 GB update happened.  Normally to this I would say, "Ha ha, Steam!  I have seen your tricks before and shall expect this huuuuuuuuge update to only be a few hundred megs.  Smoke 'em if ya got 'em."

And now I have downloaded 2.6 gigs.  Was there some massively huge update that actually is massively huge?  Did I somehow uninstall it, start reinstalling it, then left it forever on pause?

These cards better be freaking awesome.

Somehow, between the last time I played Sleeping Dogs and today, a 5.5 GB update happened. Normally to this I would say, "Ha ha, Steam! I have seen your tricks before and shall expect this huuuuuuuuge update to only be a few hundred megs. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em."

And now I have downloaded 2.6 gigs. Was there some massively huge update that actually is massively huge? Did I somehow uninstall it, start reinstalling it, then left it forever on pause?

These cards better be freaking awesome.
Steam updates on a per-file basis... SheepyDogs stores game data in huge files... hence huge updates.

Well I bought 2 $20 Steam cards from gamestop thinking that would be enough and now I'm planning on cancelling a few pre-orders to pick up a few more steam cards. I don't think I can make my remaining $13 last a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back