The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
always cracks me up when people recommend the steaming bethesda turd pile called fallout 3

it's not even worth pirating
I platinum'd it for PS3 and while it was buggy as hell (game crashes whenever I try to go back to the space ship and I had spend a few hours literally walking backwards to get one of the last trophies since the game would crash if I was walking forward in a certain area) it was a very very fun game and I would still highly recommend it.

lol I can't tell if people are making fun of Infestation or they really like it. My nephew suggested giving it a try.
I would avoid it, it is a very bad game that they rebranded due to legal issues and to try and get away from the bad publicity it had. it's still a bad game just with a new name.

Seriously is the Kingdoms addon not part of the total war grandmaster collection? Steam thinks it does.

Never mind, found out that it is by ordering it. Smart.

Is Swapper worth it for 7.49? I've been meaning to check it out but with my backlog it may be a while before I get to it.
I got it for full price (cards money) on release, it's a really great puzzle platformer. I think it stands out among the countless games in the genre, especially if you're a fan of sci-fi.

It also has cards now.

Seriously is the Kingdoms addon not part of the total war grandmaster collection? Steam thinks it does.

Never mind, found out that it is by ordering it. Smart.
could you link to that so I can add it to the OP? I thought I got everything, but I must have missed that (I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to though) :)

Can't access the site on my computer anyone else having a hard time?(on my phone) also if one person votes for war z/infestation I will personally find you and give you a stern talking too!

Can't access the site on my computer anyone else having a hard time?(on my phone) also if one person votes for war z/infestation I will personally find you and give you a stern talking too!
j460.png

I guess Dead Island daily will be 20$ as well shame was hoping on a larger price cut, heard the game was mediocre but liked the first enough to pick up the second for 5-10$
I was hopeful for a better deal as well. Perhaps it'll have a bigger discount when it hits the daily spot. If not, I can wait.

Alright, I voted for Dead Island Riptide. Hopefully, now I still get to keep my gamer cred by not voting for War-Z. Left 4 Dead 2 has been on sale so many times for 75% off already.

I also picked up Poker Night 2 because those games are awesome!

I have been in the Steam Trading Card program since day one of the beta and never received a Foil card. Today for some reason I wind up with 3 in a row. 1 for Bastion and 2 for Cubemen 2. 

Try going down the Ordered Chaos tree with an Anarchy build. That's what I did with my Mechro as I only used DT as a distraction. Yeah, it got a few kills here and there (which is a good thing), but I did the majority of the cleanup myself. Though, I do have to say that as in BL1, thus far the Siren is still my favorite.

I only use him when I get in tight spots or I run into an area I know is just swarming with enemies. Besides that I just run around by myself and focus on my Anarchy stacks.

Hm, first time I've heard that take on her. I use DT when I'm in a bind (like someone else said), and even then I feel like he's too slow with the way he moves to one enemy at a time. He's a capable fighter (probably more so if you go down a skill tree that buffs his attacks up), but he's rarely "stolen kills" from me. He kind of just feels like a helper (not much different than Axton's turret).

Just finished a session and it wasn't too bad. I'm willing to sacrifice some kills for the heat he takes off of me. Plus, the real problem seemed to be poor equipment.

I've heard that going down the chaos path can be difficult, so I'm deciding against the BFF path or the LBT. I might do a mix of both.

I play Gaige as my alt / solo character and I never really considered Deathtrap to be "stealing" my kills lol. That's what he's there for.

On an unrelated note, Best Buy just sent me a customer service satisfaction survey, in response to my recent order. Of Metro: Last Light for a penny. Which they cancelled. Wound: Salted.

Summer Cards ---

[H]

Tomb Raider

Reus

Torchlight 2

Football Manager 2013

[W]

Kerbal Space Program

Skyrim

always cracks me up when people recommend the steaming bethesda turd pile called fallout 3

it's not even worth pirating
Fallout 3 is easily worth the original $60 asking price. I dropped 70 hours easily and I fully intend on replaying the Game of the Year edition with the DLC because it's that damn good.

Unrelated to the quote, I'm looking to start a Torchlight 2 4-pack if anyone is interested. Pack is currently priced at $15.00, which comes down to $3.75/person. Payment through Steam Wallet is probably the easiest way to go but I have no problem with PayPal either. PM or add me on Steam if interested.

Edit: Torchlight 2 group is full.

Torchlight 2 will most likely be a daily deal though. We don't know if Gunpoint will be.
I'm more likely to pick up an extra TL2 copy than Gunpoint (or the other game) at 40% off. Therefore, that's what I voted for.

Unless I'm interested in multiple games up for vote, I'll vote as if there aren't any future days in the sale. I don't ignore the past, though - so if it has been on a daily, I most likely won't vote for it.

5XObP6i.jpg

Trolling it right. If it wins I told my friend I'll buy him a copy.
I want it just because of how bad it is, but I passed on it the last time it was $3.75. This is gonna be extremely tempting. I keep telling myself it can't be that bad, but I don't want to spend the $3.75 and then immediately regret it. That's a whole indie bundle!

Wow one hour and no one has mentioned Trackmania Canyon is on flash $10 (50%)  For shame!

Sure it's only 50% but that's the cheapest it's ever been afik. ...tempted...

Regarding BL2 Gaige... experiment and see what works for you.  I've played all sorts of tree combinations with her.  Imo, if de4thtrap is stealing your kills... I'm guessing you're putting up a sub-par performance... he's always been a take the pressure off type to me... talents make him do more damage or take more damage... It's pretty much always worth having one point in anarchy... I also particularly like "upshot-something" that extends his summon duration with kills.

Clowns. Torchlight 2 will be that price again this sale. No reasoning for voting for it works. Herp derp 40% off isn't a real discount argument is trash. Gunpoint is a month old and would be a great buy at that price already.

Infestation which should be avoided like the plauge.

Clearly, Infestation: Survivor Stories is the way to go. It's like The WarZ, only better.

If The WarZ Infestation: Survival Stories wins.... :censored: :twoguns: :fridge:

A new game called "Infestation: Survivor Stories" that is absolutely, unquestionably, definitely not "The War Z" under a different title is up for a community vote. Everyone should troll show steam our support for the under-utilized zombie genre and vote for it.

infestation is better than anything in the fallout series.

lol I can't tell if people are making fun of Infestation or they really like it. My nephew suggested giving it a try.

I would avoid it, it is a very bad game that they rebranded due to legal issues and to try and get away from the bad publicity it had. it's still a bad game just with a new name.

I want it just because of how bad it is, but I passed on it the last time it was $3.75. This is gonna be extremely tempting. I keep telling myself it can't be that bad, but I don't want to spend the $3.75 and then immediately regret it. That's a whole indie bundle!

As I said earlier, I'm dying to play State of Decay on Steam (no pun intended), though I know it'll be a while before it comes out.

Just so we're clear - Infestation has zero redeemable qualities because of its poor gameplay? Or is the anger pointed at it mostly due to its prior name / legal fighting?

If not Infestation, and if Arma II's mod is not noob-friendly, and if I already have played Dead Rising and Dead Island....where oh where will I be able to scratch my State of Decay survival / horde supplies / build stuff itch? (Honest question - no sarcasm intended.)

If you buy it I will join you in some co-op survival.

Also, I think as I watch the value of my cards stuck in my inventory until next Thursday drop steadily, it has led me to never buying anything directly off Steam using real money. Card money or I'll just buy from the other online stores. Most of them have better prices than Steam anyway.

As I said earlier, I'm dying to play State of Decay on Steam (no pun intended), though I know it'll be a while before it comes out.

Just so we're clear - Infestation has zero redeemable qualities because of its poor gameplay? Or is the anger pointed at it mostly due to its prior name / legal fighting?

If not Infestation, and if Arma II's mod is not noob-friendly, and if I already have played Dead Rising and Dead Island....where oh where will I be able to scratch my State of Decay survival / horde supplies / build stuff itch? (Honest question - no sarcasm intended.)
Umm the Xbox 360? 1600msp! What a deal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXmys08p0E[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I[/youtube]

I'll post my thoughts on Infestation again.  First, those videos above are really not a good source for reviews on any game period.  Bro Team?  Seriously.

Anyway, hating The WarZ is the popular thing to do.  Being the same price or close to it I would recommend Arma II CO over WarZ, even though DayZ can be a buggy mess at times too.  The difference is Arma II as a game is better than either WarZ or DayZ so you at least get to keep a good game in Arma II if you dislike DayZ.

When I play WarZ I just spawn, run around trying to collect stuff and kill a few zombies before I die.  I try to avoid other players because they just kill you (even though I never have anything good).  I am entertained by it all.  I see it as a casual game for the right mood.

On the otherhand, if you get it, never buy anything from the store because you permalose it if you are killed (which is why other players kill on sight) and it has no deep game play, objectives, etc.  Nor are they foreseeable in the near future. 

When I play stuff like WarZ, DayZ, Project Zomboid, Fort Zombie, they all scratch the same itch and excel in different areas so it all depends on what you expect from the game. 

I won't buy war z, infestation or whatever name they call it tomorrow, not even at $0.01. I vote with my wallet and time (stats), and I refuse to support this kind of devs. I know many people are buying it because "it's fun to troll", but that sums and makes big sales... And encourage others devs to do the same garbage instead of do great games. Just my opinion

Was it just me or was CAG down for everyone? I couldn't post for like 4 hours/

Anyway I played They Bleed Pixels for cards. Can't say I recommend that game. It's not horrible but the game itself tries to hard to be essentially a easier version of meat boy but with actual full levels. Overall it has some interesting stuff, but the game just doesn't grab me.

Also has anyone tried Shootmania? Is there enough players and is it good enough to be worth the purchase? Of course I will wait till the end but I didn't even know it was out.

Was it just me or was CAG down for everyone? I couldn't post for like 4 hours/

Anyway I played They Bleed Pixels for cards. Can't say I recommend that game. It's not horrible but the game itself tries to hard to be essentially a easier version of meat boy but with actual full levels. Overall it has some interesting stuff, but the game just doesn't grab me.

It was happening to me too. Kept getting server error

Wow one hour and no one has mentioned Trackmania Canyon is on flash $10 (50%) For shame!

Sure it's only 50% but that's the cheapest it's ever been afik. ...tempted...

Regarding BL2 Gaige... experiment and see what works for you. I've played all sorts of tree combinations with her. Imo, if de4thtrap is stealing your kills... I'm guessing you're putting up a sub-par performance... he's always been a take the pressure off type to me... talents make him do more damage or take more damage... It's pretty much always worth having one point in anarchy... I also particularly like "upshot-something" that extends his summon duration with kills.
My CAG rule normally is 75% or bust. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back