The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The notifications are nifty, and I'm sure in a couple of weeks no one will be saying anything.  

In other Steam news, Lords of Shadow is official:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080/

For you PC peasants who never played it and didn't snag it for $10 or less the multiple times it's been on sale for consoles.

That said it's not that great of a game.  Probably worth $4.99.

So...

CAG is still down, right?
Not entirely, but I think I'll be happier if I can pretend like it is, until the core functionality is restored. Compounding the matter is that the mobile site is missing key features (My subscribed threads, jump to last page in thread) and Tapatalk compatability is broken.

That said it's not that great of a game. Probably worth $4.99.
Dreams crushed...

Off Topic: I've been directly involved with the migration of a huge forum database and I know how difficult it can be to make everything connect properly. I'm still a bit surprised that there weren't more plans for an alternate skin on launch. That kind of thing can be implemented rather easily and ironed out in a testbed. Surely no one looked at this and said "it is good".

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing what is in store.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a couple of invites for the trading card beta. I don't know how hard to come by they are (not very, I think), but if anyone wants one, PM on here or Steam.

So...

CAG is still down, right?
Not entirely, but I think I'll be happier if I can pretend like it is, until the core functionality is restored. Compounding the matter is that the mobile site is missing key features (My subscribed threads, jump to last page in thread) and Tapatalk compatability is broken.
I was more disparaging the current quality of CAG 3.0 than asking an actual question. ;)

That said it's not that great of a game. Probably worth $4.99.
Dreams crushed...

Well I only made it about an hour and a half in. I mean it was enjoyable, but as far as 3rd person action (which despite the Castlevania name, that's all it really is - it's pretty damn linear and upgrades are what you'd expect), Bayonetta, GoW, and Dante's Inferno crushed it. I've heard that it's slow to start so I may have judged it too hastily and maybe it opens up later. I'm sure I have it sitting on a table somewhere - but for me, if it takes more than an hour to get my attention I probably won't return to it.

Edit: Left out Darksiders, which felt more Castlevania than LoS did.

Off Topic: I've been directly involved with the migration of a huge forum database and I know how difficult it can be to make everything connect properly. I'm still a bit surprised that there weren't more plans for an alternate skin on launch. That kind of thing can be implemented rather easily and ironed out in a testbed. Surely no one looked at this and said "it is good".

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing what is in store.
Also looking forward to seeing what comes of this. Some of it is better and some of it is much, much worse.

Wow... No offense, but this looks like shit.
Agreed. It's a terrible theme and the fonts are broken in Chrome.

Well I only made it about an hour and a half in. I mean it was enjoyable, but as far as 3rd person action (which despite the Castlevania name, that's all it really is - it's pretty damn linear and upgrades are what you'd expect), Bayonetta, GoW, and Dante's Inferno crushed it. I've heard that it's slow to start so I may have judged it too hastily and maybe it opens up later. I'm sure I have it sitting on a table somewhere - but for me, if it takes more than an hour to get my attention I probably won't return to it.
I guess that, in all honesty, I'd rather play a 2D Castlevania anyhow.

Agreed. It's a terrible theme and the fonts are broken in Chrome.
Fonts broken in Firefox as well. It has its merits, but I am absolutely hating this so far.

Also, anyone notice that all of your past messages since ever are in your inbox (given you had enough space, <= 300 messages)

EDIT: Shaqfu looks like shit... fuck And it doesn't catch fucking

//All hope is lost.

I blame you twitter/facebook/mobile hipsters!  Going to have to visit less frequently until they get around to adding a dark background.

Fun fact.  SHAQFU is not currently in place.    I fixed the fonts with that Chrome extension previously mentioned.  I wouldn't be posting without that extension.

Also - don't try to edit your signature if you have an image in it.  I did that with mine (to update the link, which changed *sigh*) and now it won't save my signature if I include a picture.

Sure does. Less functional too, I can't glaze over and only click on threads that have a PC icon. I have to sully my eyes with words written by console gamers. Also have giant blank bars of space with the actual forum squished in the middle.

Severose's avatar is no longer animated... weird

I agree with Izod about Intrusion 2 the videos and screenshots make it look better than it really is, in truth its not that fun to play, not a bad game per say it's just not very memorable

I have an actual question, if someone could help me out.  I switched computers a few months ago, and apparently my Faerie Solitaire save doesn't save to the cloud.  How do I go about getting the save from my old computer to my new one?

I have an actual question, if someone could help me out. I switched computers a few months ago, and apparently my Faerie Solitaire save doesn't save to the cloud. How do I go about getting the save from my old computer to my new one?

I assume you saved it locally? Then you would just find the FS save path and throw your old save in there.

Oh well. I didn't spend too much on it.
Snap out of it, Laxus! If you were talking about a woman/man that'd be considered "thinking with your dick."

Last year my brah's account was thieved so we went through the customary Valve CS
-- be as maddeningly specific and precise as a textbook because they will play macho head games with you --

and after all the good things I'd heard I have to say I was a bit surprised to be less than fully satisfied (sorry, I had to vent).

So I found their phone # and left a message: "ayo y'all need to get at me in a minute ya heard" and they got back to me in a few days via phone and the situation was resolved. I don't remember if I called the number that is readily available by a simple search or if the number I called was some kind of secret-knock situation.

I'll hack into the mainframe etc. and download some classified shit though: 1000111001001001000

Also - don't try to edit your signature if you have an image in it. I did that with mine (to update the link, which changed *sigh*) and now it won't save my signature if I include a picture.
Thanks. In the current BrokenAssGamer state I was afraid to try.

Sure does. Less functional too, I can't glaze over and only click on threads that have a PC icon. I have to sully my eyes with words written by console gamers. Also have giant blank bars of space with the actual forum squished in the middle.
Yep it's all the rage among those hipster kids. What have content where you can have barren wasteland. I stopped checking Engadget after the iPadified it.

Finally found this thread. Is there a way to change the theme back to black and orange? This white's hurting my eyes! I couldn't find anything under settings. I hope this new board has a larger private message box!

I found the "change theme" button, nothing better under there. :(

Sorry for being off topic.

Finally found this thread. Is there a way to change the theme back to black and orange? This white's hurting my eyes! I couldn't find anything under settings. I hope this new board has a larger private message box!

They're bringing the old color scheme (or something similar to it) back soon.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet or not, but apparently Tryst is now a week long deal at 75% off.

For people that own APOX it was bugged to 95% off, but it looks like that's been fixed now.

EDIT: I guess APOX is on sale too.

Uh... huh. Well, what the hell do you want me to do about it? It's not like I can tell them, "I lost all my stuff but hey, take my word for it that I bought Amnesia and some other game that I can't even remember."

And what the hell do you mean woman/man? Laxus Dreyar doesn't pay for sex and he isn't into men! Get that shit out of your head!
That's an androgynous name and your mother (Pat?) knows it.

You just give them all the info you have. You don't have shit like a name, address and billing info?

They're bringing the old color scheme (or something similar to it) back soon.
I so hope the old colors return.

This is white is....not kind to my eyes.

Couple of pages back there is a Chrome extension that works wonders. And if you go into it's options you can change the font to a readable font, and the hyperlink colors to make it look like it's actually CAG.

Oh God, and you get notifications if someone quotes or likes your post?
You can adjust all of the notification options. Click the notification button and go to options.

Couple of pages back there is a Chrome extension that works wonders. And if you go into it's options you can change the font to a readable font, and the hyperlink colors to make it look like it's actually CAG.
The extension is here. Change to white on black text, links to orange, and turn off site font. It's not pretty, but it's easier to read.

Dear lord, I think Wordpress just ate leftover Mexican Google Plus and shat out a pile of code.

Edit: Please don't like this/quote this. I will hurt you.

Yep it's all the rage among those hipster kids. What have content where you can have barren wasteland. I stopped checking Engadget after the iPadified it.

hipster kids ... Engadget ... iPadified
:whee:
:roll:

You guys forgot to take your pills again didn't you?

Geezers.
Git off ma lawn! Youngsters these days who never used Mosaic, or don't remember how miserable the "invention" of graphical nav bars made surfing on my SE/30 (with a black&white display, not greyscale).

<squint-looks for pills>

Yeah, no kidding. If I wanted to be on facebook... I'd... snuff it. Also you might want to check your profile settings, at the moment you can be forcibly friended.

Yeah, no kidding. If I wanted to be on facebook... I'd... snuff it. Also you might want to check your profile settings, at the moment you can be forcibly friended.
35803690.jpg

Ugh, I disgust myself. These fucking valve cards have me playing that wretched game Faerie Solitaire. 

Bytheway, something seems wrong with the quote function. I was told I needed to wait 590 seconds to respond. Seems a little long.

Hey, at least when can curse in CAG3.0. 

Hey gaise,

New change name feature is up. You get to do it once per year so choose carefully.  I changed my name to reflect I guess that fact that I am whiter and shittier this year?  Dunno. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back