The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of want to pick up 10,000,000 and/or Dollar Dash from GMG, but both seem like pretty obvious bundle fodder. I used my $2 credit on They Bleed Pixels, otherwise it would have been an easier decision. I know 10,000,000 has been cheaper, so that I can probably hold out on. I'm also thinking about picking up Virtua Tennis 4, but I still have Top Spin 4 to play on 360.

I agree about the gun problem. BL1 it was actually exciting to open chests or checking vendors to see if there was something good, but in BL2 most the good stuff is either specific boss drops, quest rewards or from the golden chest. Hopefully for Borderlands 3 they go back to the way it was in 1.

The action skill cooldown is the other big difference between Borderlands 1 and 2 that no one's mentioned. They had much longer base cooldowns in the first game until you got the talent to reduce cooldown. It made the early game very slow and somewhat boring. Thankfully they fixed it in 2.
Honestly, I enjoyed BL1 much more for this reason. There was the thrill of opening the chest and seeing something awesome laying there (basically nonexistent in BL2). It was definitely harder to get into at the beginning, but once you got going it was the best. I didn't really mind that travel could be a pain, I just got used to it. BL2 is still a great game, but honestly, I'd pick BL1 in a heartbeat. Also I thought the DLC for BL1 was much better (granted I haven't played the latest BL2 DLC).

I see some good deals from time to time on nuuvem, are they safe to buy from or do you run the risk of buying region restricted games?

Also, since they are Brazilian, is it safe to assume the games will play in English?

You always run the risk of buying a region restricted game.  Most Steam games are not region restricted, but some are.  Origin if I recall is almost always region restricted.   Just research the title before buying.

Also, since they are Brazilian, is it safe to assume the games will play in English?
Someone commented on this somewhere on this forum but the the gist of it was that most games sold in Brazil are in English. And that Brazilian Portuguese was different enough from Iberian Portuguese that trying to make a Portuguese language version of a game was rarely worth it.

Of course, it's always worth it to try and find out first for individual titles but in general the odds should be in your favor.

I kind of want to pick up 10,000,000 and/or Dollar Dash from GMG, but both seem like pretty obvious bundle fodder. I used my $2 credit on They Bleed Pixels, otherwise it would have been an easier decision. I know 10,000,000 has been cheaper, so that I can probably hold out on. I'm also thinking about picking up Virtua Tennis 4, but I still have Top Spin 4 to play on 360.
Unless you have GMG credit to burn or want the games immediately, you're probably better off just waiting for the steam sale and spending card credit on them. I can't see them being less than 50% off and possibly as much as 80%. Judging from the price of keys, steam credit converts to hard currency at around $0.80, so 50% off on steam is still better than 55% off at GMG.

To be completely honest, I wasn't aware of a lack of a minimap in BL1 until you guys said it here.

You've clearly not played this with your SO as passenger and you innocently ask, "Where to?" If I hear "Look at the map!" one more time....... :bomb: I can't drive and look at the map at the same TIME! Other than that, we're having a blast!!

Unless you have GMG credit to burn or want the games immediately, you're probably better off just waiting for the steam sale and spending card credit on them. I can't see them being less than 50% off and possibly as much as 80%. Judging from the price of keys, steam credit converts to hard currency at around $0.80, so 50% off on steam is still better than 55% off at GMG.
Yeah, I was more so contemplating it when I had the $2 credit still, but since I used that on They Bleed Pixels, that pretty much made my decision.

Speaking of They Bleed Pixels, I really don't like this game. Controls are awful and the platforming isn't as precise as I'd like it to be. It seems like things are always either going in slow-motion or too fast and slippery.

I see some good deals from time to time on nuuvem, are they safe to buy from or do you run the risk of buying region restricted games?

I've bought loads of games from Nuuvem, some DRM-free, some Steam, and every game has been in English (I honestly don't think there are Portuguese only versions of many games) and every Steam key has been ROW or something similar.

However, the only Origin game I've tried to buy there was restricted to the point where I couldn't even put it in my cart, so...

Yeah, I was more so contemplating it when I had the $2 credit still, but since I used that on They Bleed Pixels, that pretty much made my decision.

Speaking of They Bleed Pixels, I really don't like this game. Controls are awful and the platforming isn't as precise as I'd like it to be. It seems like things are always either going in slow-motion or too fast and slippery.
mebe u jus suk

Honestly though, zero complaints about the controls. I play with an Xbox controller and use the LB button to jump and the RB button to attack. The controls are damn crisp and responsive.

If you feel "slippery", odd are you're on ice...

I've bought loads of games from Nuuvem, some DRM-free, some Steam, and every game has been in English (I honestly don't think there are Portuguese only versions of many games) and every Steam key has been ROW or something similar.

However, the only Origin game I've tried to buy there was restricted to the point where I couldn't even put it in my cart, so...

mebe u jus suk

Honestly though, zero complaints about the controls. I play with an Xbox controller and use the LB button to jump and the RB button to attack. The controls are damn crisp and responsive.

If you feel "slippery", odd are you're on ice...
We're clearly on opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to the controls. I'm using KB/M and you're using a controller. I'm sure that complaint would go out the window if I was also using a controller. And yeah, I know about the ice, but even regularly, it just feels like a less precise Super Meat Boy. I'm well aware that I'm not that great at the game, but I just wasn't having fun with it.

It's a miracle, I came back after 10 hours and the steam thread hasn't grown by 8 pages.
Praise Gaben! ^_~

We're clearly on opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to the controls. I'm using KB/M and you're using a controller. I'm sure that complaint would go out the window if I was also using a controller. And yeah, I know about the ice, but even regularly, it just feels like a less precise Super Meat Boy. I'm well aware that I'm not that great at the game, but I just wasn't having fun with it.
Complaining about platformer controls when using a KB/M. This conversation just ended. (And I'm satisfied knowing why you're complaining then.)

In the game's defense, when you boot it up it does say that a 360 controller is highly recommended.

In regards to Nuuvem, I've bought quite a few games on there, and if a game is region restricted (usually Origin games), they will not allow you to purchase it. It's also cool that they're one of the few services that give you a proportional discount if you already own a game (bought from them previously) when you buy a bundle from them. 

For AC games, Tages is annoying, but I have no problem with uPlay (other than their recent security breach).

NN6iYni.png

Complaining about platformer controls when using a KB/M. This conversation just ended. (And I'm satisfied knowing why you're complaining then.)
This 100x! I tried to play Super Meat Boy with KB/M once. Left after the first level :headache:

If there is one genre that will never work well without a controller, it's platformers :joystick:

Well I hadn't been paying too much attention to cards, but got a booster pack for Trine 2 and ended up one card away from a badge.  Sold off dupes and picked up the last card, I feel somehow soiled by whole affair.  I did get my mystery card though so I guess there's that.  They Bleed Pixels and Trine 2 cards are actually selling for a relatively reasonable 50 or so cents, as opposed to the Valve games which are half that.

Just realized I got my first foil with the mystery card and those are selling for close to $10... now I'm tempted to just sell that off...

It's not so much using the KB/M, it's just that the actual KB/M controls are weird. A controller would be more accurate and precise, but Z and X being the primary jump/attack buttons isn't very intuitive.

It's not so much using the KB/M, it's just that the actual KB/M controls are weird. A controller would be more accurate and precise, but Z and X being the primary jump/attack buttons isn't very intuitive.
You can't change the controls? o_0

I can't remember the last time I used default key bindings... in any game... ever.

You can't change the controls? o_0

I can't remember the last time I used default key bindings... in any game... ever.
You can, but I didn't bother to since I was mostly just playing to get cards. Still, controls aside, I wasn't having that much fun in the game, especially one that has a metacritic of 74. I just couldn't get into it.

You can, but I didn't bother to since I was mostly just playing to get cards. Still, controls aside, I wasn't having that much fun in the game, especially one that has a metacritic of 74. I just couldn't get into it.
The game is fairly tough, so I can see why playing the game with a keyboard would make the whole experience suck. I hardly like platformers, and I love it (I think I'm on chapter 2 of the 3rd dream). It's challenging, I like the aesthetic, the music, etc. Really though, you've gotta play with a controller.

The game is fairly tough, so I can see why playing the game with a keyboard would make the whole experience suck. I hardly like platformers, and I love it (I think I'm on chapter 2 of the 3rd dream). It's challenging, I like the aesthetic, the music, etc. Really though, you've gotta play with a controller.
I did like the music. The combat didn't do much for me either, but I will give it another go with a controller and see how that affects my opinion.

I did like the music. The combat didn't do much for me either, but I will give it another go with a controller and see how that affects my opinion.
There are a good bit of different ways to attack, as well. You'll unlock tutorials teaching you how to do them as you go (though I think you are always able to do them, not sure). For a platformer, I think the combat is pretty good. I don't usually link platformers with "good combat system" though, other than ARPG style games like Fortune Summoners.

Finally got my first booster pack, Portal 2! Is it better to sell the pack, or open it first? They're being listed at $1.49 and seem to be selling. I guess I'll sell the pack, the individual cards are at 40 cents and there's almost no chance of a foil.

tumblr_m9y9hwfNmG1rrt6fjo1_500.gif

Finally got my first booster pack, Portal 2! Is it better to sell the pack, or open it first? They're being listed at $1.49 and seem to be selling. I guess I'll sell the pack, the individual cards are at 40 cents and there's almost no chance of a foil.

tumblr_m9y9hwfNmG1rrt6fjo1_500.gif
When I'm only losing a quarter or so by opening it... I've always opened it. I'm sure there COULD be foils...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back