The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. Somebody explain this "booster pack" thing to me again: I just got one in my inventory for TF2, which I haven't played in about 4-6 weeks. Worth keeping, selling?
TF2 cards aren't worth much, just sell it. Booster packs give you 3 cards, there's a small chance for any of them to be foils.

Weird. Somebody explain this "booster pack" thing to me again: I just got one in my inventory for TF2, which I haven't played in about 4-6 weeks. Worth keeping, selling?
You should sell it. The chances of getting a foil make it worth more, but it's unlikely. You'll get a little more for it than you would if you opened it up to find common cards and sold those individually.

EDIT: f'n spoder'd

I've actually been waiting for a Half-Life 1 sale, so with card money I think I might finally bite. Two questions though: having never played it, how horribly does it hold up today, and two, should I get HL1, HL: Source, or HL: Anthology? 

Not to be Mr Grouchypants, but unless you have never experienced a Steam sale before, it will just be the same old stuff that you already have in your backlog....

I've never played Half Life, so I'm considering getting the complete package for $10 (-75%)

Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Good deal or wait for the summer sale?

According to reddit it looks like it was confirmed in Russia

wP6VTir.jpg

I've actually been waiting for a Half-Life 1 sale, so with card money I think I might finally bite. Two questions though: having never played it, how horribly does it hold up today, and two, should I get HL1, HL: Source, or HL: Anthology?
I'll probably get HL1 Anthology since I don't own HL1 or any of the expansion things. Only ever played it on PS2.

Also, to whoever asked, Burnout Paradise is an awesome game.

Burnout Paradise is one of the ONLY racing games I enjoy.

Concerning Half-Life: I wish they would add the steam, achievement version of Black Mesa into the mix.

Never played HL2 or the episodes. Think this is as cheap as it'll get? Only possibility I can think of is orange box being 75% off making it $5. Also anyone know if the controller support is decent?

Midweek madness ends at 10am, looks like we've got confirmation.
I'm already disappointed! Worst Sale Ever!

I don't know if this is part of the NFS midweek sale, but the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box is also on sale at 70% off for $5.99. Lowest price was $4.98 on Amazon but I believe that was for Origin. Is this worth it? It's been on my wish list for a while, but I was disappointed in the new NFS Most Wanted (on Vita) and sold it back. I didn't really like the method of "finding" cars to unlock them individually.
I keep telling you, and you keep not listening, PRICE TRACKERS LIE. I picked up a steam copy of Burnout Paradise* for $4 back on 20 July 2012. At the time the NFS games were 75% off.. $5 for Shift 2, etc.

Burnout Paradise is fantastic. Well worth it. Also Consider NFS HP (2010), GRID 1, Dirt 2 & 3.

*I had retail BPU since release. Supposedly the the Steam Key will also activate a copy on Origin.

*I had retail BPU since release. Supposedly the the Steam Key will also activate a copy on Origin.
Tis true. Though i believe origin picked up bpu just by me having it installed and automatically added it to my origin list of games. However it recently got an update through origin, which updated the steam install, asked for a cd key, and it accepted the steam cd key. Either way, it will show up in origin, and I assume now it knows that I own it it would be there even if I uninstall from steam

Never played HL2 or the episodes. Think this is as cheap as it'll get? Only possibility I can think of is orange box being 75% off making it $5. Also anyone know if the controller support is decent?
The Orange Box probably will go down to 75% off ($5) at some point sooner or later. I picked it up about a year ago from Gamefly at 75% off + a 20% discount code, making it $4 -- the cheapest it's ever been. The complete pack may be worth it if you're looking for all of the HL games, but you're probably better off waiting for the Orange Box, as it'll give you Portal, too.

I keep telling you, and you keep not listening, PRICE TRACKERS LIE. I picked up a steam copy of Burnout Paradise* for $4 back on 20 July 2012. At the time the NFS games were 75% off.. $5 for Shift 2, etc.

Burnout Paradise is fantastic. Well worth it. Also Consider NFS HP (2010), GRID 1, Dirt 2 & 3.

I apologize, I don't think I saw your response in the past on this issue. Point duly taken, and I appreciate your advice :) I already have NFS HP (2010) and I loved it. The only driving game I enjoyed more was Driver:SF but that was more for the wacky story than the driving mechanics.

In that case I guess a 70% deal isn't that great. I'll wait for the 75%, because CAG.

I apologize, I don't think I saw your response in the past on this issue. Point duly taken, and I appreciate your advice :) I already have NFS HP (2010) and I loved it. The only driving game I enjoyed more was Driver:SF but that was more for the wacky story than the driving mechanics.

In that case I guess a 70% deal isn't that great. I'll wait for the 75%, because CAG.
^_^ Sorry, I didn't mean to pick you you but merely to drive the point home. While in this case I think it was a 6-hour flash sale that the price trackers missed, more commonly price trackers miss better-in-a-bundle deals and anything with coupons (typically 20% codes on GMG/GF). Also sometimes price trackers just miss (I assume to issues on the tracker end). Just trying to share accurate information here. While totally useful, they are not the Alpha and the Omega. While in this case it was simply searching my email, searching SD, while slower, often catches the lowest price.

... which is interesting as I read my tea leaves earlier and they confirmed the sale would start. Or a vegan apocalypse (the symbols were open to interpretation).

Any vegan tasseographers in dis bitch? I might be the only one reppin'...

To derail implies rails.

GOT 'IS ASS

I think I laughed at that a little to much

Why, were you in a library?

I don't trust 'em for several reasons; I'd rather tap into my own memory or someone else's for that info.

Quite the opposite, this is old, not young.

1984 by George Orwell written in 1949

I'm not sure what you mean.

I said "Is that what the young bucks are fucking with these days" meaning "Is that what young people are into nowadays."

I'm not sure what you mean.

I said "Is that what the young bucks are fucking with these days" meaning "Is that what young people are into nowadays."
I took it as "is that the way young people are talking nowadays." Which since Newspeak was from the late 1940s, I was saying its an old way to talk, not what young bucks fuck (with)

I took it as "is that the way young people are talking nowadays." Which since Newspeak was from the late 1940s, I was saying its an old way to talk, not what young bucks fuck (with)
We're just not on the same wavelength.

Some youngins, I mean, look to the past for influences and interests. I wondered if that was happening and was it intentional if true.

It's a spammy post and I don't expect a serious answer.

#Comeback

If you've read today's edition of The Quibbler you'd know that:

- hinkypunks have been spotted in Abercrombie stores;
- the floo network is unavailable for 24 hours due to industrial action;
- there will be no Summer Sale today.

... which is interesting as I read my tea leaves earlier and they confirmed the sale would start. Or a vegan apocalypse (the symbols were open to interpretation).
I love this post.

Please post it one more time so I can
likethis_zpsf71e8b58.png
again.

If you've read today's edition of The Quibbler you'd know that:

- hinkypunks have been spotted in Abercrombie stores;
- the floo network is unavailable for 24 hours due to industrial action;
- there will be no Summer Sale today.

I love this post. Please post it one more time so I can Like It again.

Will Need For Speed go lower in the sale of summers?
*twitch*

Have you tried sacrificing a fried chicken to Gaben?

Nobody can predict the future.*

I checked my magic 8-ball but it told me to "go fuck myself" ...which isn't really bad advise, but didn't really answer my question. Typical 8-ball :bs:

It's 70% off now, as I posted it's been 75% in the past (and last summer). I'll let you connect the dots.

*Except Gaben.

I checked my magic 8-ball but it told me to "go fuck myself" ...which isn't really bad advise

Ashes, you have the best sig worthy quotes. Thank you for this. :D

I'm surprised no one has commented on the reference ET on the 2600.. I know there are other CAGs that should know that one.
What, the falling down a hole? On the ET topic, some people went in a fixed alot of the game's horrendous problems, making it almost playable!

I watched the whole thing...

Half-Life: Anthology, its original HL, which means mods MoDs MODS! Also, HL Source is just HL in the Source engine, its nice, nothing special, but if you don't care about completeness, just get the Black Mesa Source mod, as its basically a remake of HL, but done much better than the simple HL Source.

Free Dragon Commander closed Beta keys:

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dragon-commander-closed-beta-key-giveaway

I bought the game and am really meh on it so far. There's no campaign mode yet so single player is just with bots and no story at all. Campaign mode should hopefully get added at some point prior to release though. And free is free, even if it's a temporary beta key.
Woohoo, free stuff! Oh No, 12 GB download!

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not, but those interested in the "Humble Store" should check this out:

http://calvein.github.io/humble-games/
lmao, ghostery displays the weird shifting boxes, from their loading of games, as a tracker on that site. If you don't have the ghostery add-on for firefox, get it just to look at the lolz

I want to buy one racing game but I dont know which I should get. I got 1-3 friends that will buy the same game as I do. So which game is better and runs better on the PC (I dont want to play a fuck  pc port with no 360 support & locked at 30FPS). 

Burnout Paradise Ultimate
or
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit?

Thanks!

It's dated, but it still holds up. I should get back to it... someday.

$10 for the complete HL pack is the cheapest I've seen it though. Worth the price.

What's up with Half-Life occupying an MM showcase?

Did someone pull out? Scheduling error? Maybe new-accounts spiked recently and the rookies need it to avoid getting bullied?

A smaller developer could have used that midweek money.

What's the proper protocol for sacrificing a fried chicken to Gaben?

Do I need to festoon my monitor with garland and lights, and leave a plate of chicken and a glass of milk nearby?

Do I tuck a drumstick under my pillow when I go to sleep at night?

Do I dip the chicken in festively-colored dyes, and then hide the pieces in random locations in my house?

Or do I just leave a bucket in front of Gaben's picture, Jobu-style?

I will confirm that about BP:TUB for you.

I have BP:TUB on Steam; and that key activated right up on Origin. :D

*twitch*

Nobody can predict the future.*

I checked my magic 8-ball but it told me to "go fuck myself" ...which isn't really bad advise, but didn't really answer my question. Typical 8-ball :bs:

It's 70% off now, as I posted it's been 75% in the past (and last summer). I'll let you connect the dots.

*Except Gaben.
Still waiting for an awesome NFS: Most Wanted (2012 by Criterion) + ALL DLC deal...

It's dated, but it still holds up. I should get back to it... someday.

$10 for the complete HL pack is the cheapest I've seen it though. Worth the price.
Ill play counterpoint and say it isn't worth it.

If you are looking for nostalgia, maybe, but if you want to be blown away like when it was first released, I think youll be disappointed. I played it back then and got a kick out of being able to finally play on full detail and high-res, but actually playing it now, the movement seems "loose" and the camera gives me nausea. Unless you're super into HL2 and want to get the entire backstory, the anthology is likely to just sit in your inventory. You may eventually install one or two of the titles, but even then, itll only be for one play session before moving on to more current titles.

I'd suggest going with Black Mesa if you really want to experience the world.

If you are set on biting, go with the anthology. The game wasn't really designed with Source in mind and I think the newer phsyics made some sections more frustrating than in the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back