The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
You're crazy. The sale has been fine and this is still only the first set of deals.
Speak for yourself! lol... if many of us weren't dealing with Steam funny money, I doubt much would be bought today. Scribblenauts is a decent deal, but don't starve, flash, and even the community vote are bad sales.

I called it a while ago (nothing earth shattering, though) -- deals would be tepid with the cards making up the difference.  So people would be like 'OH ITS JUST CARD MONEY LOL' so they'd shallow lesser discounts.

Anyone else having the issue of not being able to buy anything on Steam? All my "add to cart" boxes are greyed out in browser and in client... really? WTF?
*puzzles* @ CAG regulars buying anything atm

Speak for yourself! lol... if many of us weren't dealing with Steam funny money, I doubt much would be bought today. Scribblenauts is a decent deal, but don't starve, flash, and even the community vote are bad sales.
you kids and your funny money

How do you go about Amazon Price match?
Go to the amazon store page for the thing that you want to see price matched. Do an Ctrl+F search for "tell us about a lower price". Click on the link and you should be able to figure out the rest yourself.

Just so you know though, Amazon doesn't have a price match guarantee. They take every request as just a suggestion. Sometimes they act on the suggestion, sometimes they don't.

Allow me to reintroduce my steam sales guide for a the newcomers. Click the link in my sig and save yourself time, money, and redundant questions!
Your avatar, it is not to be found.

Scribblenauts is the only decent non-whole-sale discount out of the daily/flash/community options, and I'm not just saying that because I already own the other games with good discounts. Edit: Actually, the L4D2 and CS Complete discounts aren't bad, but don't interest me.

I don't think steam can really compete with all the other online retailers chipping away these days. This is the second straight steam sale where so far it seems to have underwhelmed. That being said this is only day 1 and we might get some gems but I'm not going to hold my breath.
The deals themselves are fine, but there comes a point when there's nothing you want. This is my 5th Steam sale, there's only a handful of titles I haven't already got. And most of those are new releases that most likely wont be as low as I'd like.

Remember a first time Steam Sale... the games.. the prices.. OMG!!!!

Anyone interested in Don't Starve for $7? I am thinking of picking up the 2 pack.
If you haven't already sold it, I'm interested. I have a Steam key for Hotline Miami and GRiD in my Steam inventory. Otherwise I can Paypal the money. $4 is too small of a discount.

This is my first post and I can't do links, but I noticed the front page didn't have The Last Remnant for $3.39  nice 66% off and far cheaper then amazon.

Every game I'm interested in was price matched on amazon, but amazon is offering an extra 15% off with the code too. Guess I'll be buying from there.

Listed two cards I got from Hotline Miami and they didn't sell but they're not showing up in the marketplace for sell and are not in my inventory. Ugh, Steam. :(

So about these cards.  Is it better to sell my bioshock and hotline miami ones now while the price is still around a buck but plummeting or wait.  Will the average price recover later or do the cards usually bottom out and stay there?

Thinking about Half Minute Hero, it's been on my wishlist a while and it looks really funny. Other than that I can't help but notice an abundance of lame discounts and many games that aren't on sale at all (Vampire: The Masquerade) and it's a little depressing.

When you say it took like 50 attempts, did you just keep refreshing the page?
Refreshing and also just going through the entire checkout process, again and again and again until finally it took my money. Things are bad when winning at a slot machine checkout is negative money. :rofl:

I'm a dude and I have a husband. It's awesome. More dudes should try it. No dealing with periods, no dealing with "but I have a headache".
Oh you guys! Now I remember why I have such a good time here hehe :D but yeah i'm a dude my babe's a dude and we both love video games it's pretty great. Before I get going on my trip what are you guys most looking forward to picking up on the sales?
Unexpected, but now things make more sense. More power to ya.

20100519badassrainbows.png

In other news, I have a lot of reading to do. Still on page 280. :wall:

Bah, they removed the discount on Bioshock: Infinite's Season Pass.  I was hoping Amazon would match that since I still have an unused voucher.

So about these cards. Is it better to sell my bioshock and hotline miami ones now while the price is still around a buck but plummeting or wait. Will the average price recover later or do the cards usually bottom out and stay there?
definitely sell now

or actually wait until mine sell first, then undercut everyone by 3 cents

bioshock infinite cards are selling pretty high

just got $2 for one
How the effff are you even able to list things on the market? At first my stuff was lagged and I couldn't see it and now every time I go to list something I get an error. Even restarted multiple times.

How the effff are you even able to list things on the market? At first my stuff was lagged and I couldn't see it and now every time I go to list something I get an error. Even restarted multiple times.
i keep getting errors when i try to list, then it shows up in the marketplace anyway

Only 2 games I want from this sale, Dishonored & DMC.  Especially since Amazon still refuses to carry game by either Bethesda or Capcom digitally.  So I voted up Dishonored definitely, and I'll just hope for the best w/ DMC.

In other news, I have a lot of reading to do. Still on page 280. :wall:
Leaving a message for Idiotekque from the past.

If you're reading this, know that the Steam servers went down. Trying to keep going but morale is low. Markets crashed. We fear our last memories will be Don't Starve at -20%

God speed.

Some theory about the sale.

It ends on 22. so it should be 10 days with new 'daily' deals and two encore days, as usually.

The main deal featured today is Bioshock Infinite, in addition, they introduced cards to it.

The summer sale badge is crafted from 10 cards. The same amount of genuine sale days.

The first card from the collection is Bioshock Infinite. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The main sales are alredy revealed by introducing summer sale cards collection.

Tommorrows main deal will be Chivalry, since it's the card no.2. We will also see a Chivalry cards.

3rd day main deal: Dead Island Riptide

4th: Football Manager 2013

5th: Kerbal Space Program

6th: Prison Architect

7th: Reus

8th: Skyrim

9th: Tomb Raider

10th: Torchlight II

All of those games seems to be very demanded, can be a good headliner deal and are not discounted deeply. Furthermore, cards and badges to Skyrim and Chivalry has already been confirmed.

That's all folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back