The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
'cept I don't craft badges... I'm looking to sell for more than ten cents.
hqdefault.jpg

Some theory about the sale.

It ends on 22. so it should be 10 days with new 'daily' deals and two encore days, as usually.

The main deal featured today is Bioshock Infinite, in addition, they introduced cards to it.

The summer sale badge is crafted from 10 cards. The same amount of genuine sale days.

The first card from the collection is Bioshock Infinite. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The main sales are alredy revealed by introducing summer sale cards collection.

Tommorrows main deal will be Chivalry, since it's the card no.2. We will also see a Chivalry cards.

3rd day main deal: Dead Island Riptide
4th: Football Manager 2013
5th: Kerbal Space Program
6th: Prison Architect
7th: Reus
8th: Skyrim
9th: Tomb Raider
10th: Torchlight II

All of those games seems to be very demanded, can be a good headliner deal and are not discounted deeply. Furthermore, cards and badges to Skyrim and Chivalry has already been confirmed.

That's all folks!
Good theory. I want Skyrim and Tomb Raider, so I'm certainly hoping this theory to be true. I figured while I was eating lunch that Skyrim has to go better sale, they are listing it as a Flash to get people to buy at 40% off, thinking that since it is a flash sale it will not get any better. Then, once Gabe is swimming in Skyrim money, he'll make it a daily at 50-66% off and rake in even more.

i keep getting errors when i try to list, then it shows up in the marketplace anyway
Me too. I've found if I just go to the store page and carry on with doing something else, it will just finish listing itself eventually. If you get the 'cannot list your item. Please wait for the current...' message, it seems to be already in queue for listing.

Pretty fustrated not being able to get my stuff to show up on the marketplace. I have some things I listed an hour ago and still not showing up and trying to list other things now and they wont grr

The answer to all such questions are: there is no way to know
Yeah, I know. i was just hoping there was a fortune teller in the house. I will probably just grab it for $5.

Does CS:GO have an single player value or is it a MP-or-go-home type event?
New to Steam, eh? :D All Counter Strikes are multiplayer only. Very good multiplayer, but multiplayer only.

Anyone think age of empires 2 HD bundle goes cheaper? 

only 25% off now, still feels a little expensive for a game i played the shit out of almost 15~ years ago 

CS Source & Garry's mod are well worth it for the Trouble in Terrorist Town game-mode.  I paid $25 for both a while ago and have sunk almost 250 hours into TiTT and there are a ton of other game modes as well.

I know the popular sentiment is to wait for flash/dailies/last day to buy stuff, but I've found three games thanks to my Wishlist and this very thread that are all at 75% off already and unlikely to go further. So I've pulled the trigger on 

Puzzle Quest 2 (loved the first)

Magical Drop V (thanks to Blade's recommendation and the fact it looks like a Bust A Move puzzle game)

They Bleed Pixels (caaarrrddzzz)

I'm hoping for Dishonored to be $10 (no I am not counting GGG's 2 for $15 as it being $7.50 previously as that assumes one of the other games was worth $7.50 to me).

Cards are fun and profitable.

All in all I'm not disappointed yet with the sale. Yes, some of the daily sales are a bit weak, but I've found a few hidden gems and basement deals and there's still 9 more days of disappointment to endure. So... not a bad start for me.

New to Steam, eh? :D All Counter Strikes are multiplayer only. Very good multiplayer, but multiplayer only.
Never really bothered looking into the CS series. The only MP FPS I ever do is Team Fortress 2. CS always seemed a little more involved than I wanted to get into. Might be an unfair assessment -- the people I see chest-thumping about how they play CS and not CoD/BF like a bunch of n00btardz might not be representative of the CS population as a whole.

Anyone think that Counter Strike: GO will be on sale for cheaper than the current 66% off?
Do you mean during the current steam sale? If so, it's extremely unlikely. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one instance where a game ended up going on sale for cheaper than it's daily deal price (Saints Row: The Third). And that was only because THQ was desperate for money.

You understand me perfectly. My friends and I played 4 days in a row when we first picked it up, taking turns sleeping while other people played. I don't think I ever played a single season without Herschel Walker getting hurt.

And single player? I wasn't putting that game down until I went through a season undefeated... And some people think they spent a lot of time on Skyrim...Dayum.
Holy hell I loved that game. Serpentine! I was always thrown off when playing a 2-player game and trying to run an offense going the opposite direction (right to left instead of the default left to right). It was so unnatural.

Memories, mans. :cry:

Buy more games with cards and use the money from the cards to buy more games with cards and so on and so forth.

CARDCEPTION!

Card it Forward! Pay it Cardward!

Reminds me of the time I got carded at a Kwik-E-Mart and I'm like: "maaaaaaannnnnnnnn, please. I'm payin' with cards, mothafucka."

I copped a free carton of cigs for my troubles. I don't recall the name but I remember that this particular brand may cause cancer.

Just got some steam cash added from some GameStop credit. I'm ready.

How much credit did they give you for your cards?

Allow me to reintroduce my steam sales guide for a the newcomers. Click the link in my sig and save yourself time, money, and redundant questions!

BUMP

Listed two cards I got from Hotline Miami and they didn't sell but they're not showing up in the marketplace for sell and are not in my inventory. Ugh, Steam. :(

same

Thinking about Half Minute Hero, it's been on my wishlist a while and it looks really funny. Other than that I can't help but notice an abundance of lame discounts and many games that aren't on sale at all (Vampire: The Masquerade) and it's a little depressing.

Ubisoft is being a dick -- 35%? I don't like my chances of scoring Rayman Origins for 75%. I suppose they want to offer the most substantial discounts on their proprietary Assassin's Creed client.

You got sack-squashed!

Now that is a neologism people can get underneath. Fresh alternative to teabagging.

I know the popular sentiment is to wait for flash/dailies/last day to buy stuff, but I've found three games thanks to my Wishlist and this very thread that are all at 75% off already and unlikely to go further. So I've pulled the trigger on

Puzzle Quest 2 (loved the first)
This is the cheapest Puzzle Quest 2 has been on Steam by a lot. That game hardly ever goes on sale and this is the first 75% off sale for it like ever as far as I can tell.

Can someone give me a good comparison to what game Dishonored is like? If this game wins the community vote I plan on checking it out. Oh and how good of a pc port is it? Thanks!

Only things I want are Tomb raider and Skyrim Dragonborn, guess I will wait on the sale.

skyrim is a flash deal right now, but it is also the day 8 sale game, will it be cheaper then? in the past usually the flash deal is the lowest it will be for the duration of the sale.

I picked up skyrim for 10 bucks at the microsoft sale on black friday, it is a good game, but I am still waiting for the expansions to be cheap. the legendary edition for $34 doesnt look bad if you haven't ever bought skyrim and want all of the downloadable content.

the only things i am really wanting for this sale are Ys origins, Ys the oath, and dragonborn.

just looked, and it seems there are currently 2862 items on sale :hot: so in case that doesn't make it abundantly clear, don't expect everything to make it into the OP. If you think it is worth including, let me know or post in the same format so I can copy it into the OP. I will still update all the flash/dailies of course.

My favorite thing about the summer/holiday sales is seeing how much more expensive specific games are that I've already bought off Steam during their standard everyday sales. Or, seeing certain games go on sale for the same price as they have been for years. 

I love how Alice was on sale for $5 yesterday but $10 today.

mcpixel 80% off $0.99

if u dont have it already
If I could unrecommend just one game in my entire life, it would be McPixel.

In other bundlefodder news: has anyone successfully redeemed the BundleStars Anomaly code? I have been stuck at checkout for a day now.

My favorite thing about the summer/holiday sales is seeing how much more expensive specific games are that I've already bought off Steam during their standard everyday sales. Or, seeing certain games go on sale for the same price as they have been for years.

I love how Alice was on sale for $5 yesterday but $10 today.
Daily deals will always be better or the same as the 10 day sale prices, even if it was a non-summer-sale daily deal. Alice MR may go back to $5 later on in the sale as a community choice, flash, or daily, but the $10 is its current permanent price for the entire sale. Compare to last week where it's permanent price was $20 and the sale price was $5.

This is why we say time and time again that usually you should only pay attention to the daily deals and flash sales.

Good theory. I want Skyrim and Tomb Raider, so I'm certainly hoping this theory to be true. I figured while I was eating lunch that Skyrim has to go better sale, they are listing it as a Flash to get people to buy at 40% off, thinking that since it is a flash sale it will not get any better. Then, once Gabe is swimming in Skyrim money, he'll make it a daily at 50-66% off and rake in even more.
Just bought Skyrim myself so I'm really hoping this doesn't happen. But if it does... I'm out what $5-$10. Sucks but I know I'm getting my money's worth either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back