The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, found another pretty good deal. Gyromancer for $2.03, although it's only 66% off, is the lowest it's ever been according to isthereanydeal. Any opinions on this one?

My opinion is save your provolone and leave this one alone. Puzzle Quest 1, 2 and Galactrix; Puzzle Kingdoms etc. are deeper.

The moves in Gyromancer are all essentially the same so not only does that suck, but it renders the monsters meaningless. The difference between monsters is just which color it is -- rock, paper, scissors.

Dumb game.

I havn't purchased any games since they introduced the steam wallet, does that mean if I try to buy anything exceeding my balance from selling cards that I'll be locked out of the market or is that only when specifically adding to your wallet? I usually use paypal though.
My message says it is because I used a new payment method. If you have used paypal before it should not be an issue, but I can't make any promises with all of these rules.

My opinion is save your provolone and leave this one alone. Puzzle Quest 1, 2 and Galactrix; Puzzle Kingdoms etc. are deeper.

The moves in Gyromancer are all essentially the same so not only does that suck, but it renders the monsters meaningless. The difference between monsters is just which color it is -- rock, paper, scissors.

Dumb game.
Thanks. Presentation looks pretty slick but I do already have a few of those other puzzle/rpg hybrids so I guess I'll pass. If it was 75% off I'd probably jump in anyway but oh well.

I didn't see this mentioned (other than Toki Tori 2) so here goes...

Coupons seem to stack with the sale prices. That is different than it has been in the past. I tested two that I had:

Forge 75% off (game already 50% off) comes to $2.50

Lunar Flight 75% off (game already 66% off) comes to $0.85
did you get these coupons from crafting badges? mine are all expired now so I can't test it. I did get a Toki Tori 2+ 10% off coupon and that one did stack with the current daily deal.

My message says it is because I used a new payment method. If you have used paypal before it should not be an issue, but I can't make any promises with all of these rules.
I'd have to assume not then. There's nowhere that mentions what I've used to fund prior game purchases and I always used to have to go through the a whole process to use my paypal.

Wow Strike Suit Infinity card prices have plummeted, from 90 cents to 40. Ouch.
I had my SSI cards sitting at about $1 each for a week and they never sold. Looked at the chart, and only 5-10 of them were being moved each day. Think you really had to undercut to be serious about getting rid of those.

*opens Steam*

What, 2 new items in my inventory?! Awesome, I knew I bought those mystery cards for a reason!

*checks to see 2 10% off Toki Tori 2+ coupons*

13051d1340405034t-i-hate-valve-1310516148484.jpg
I have one Toki Tori 2+ 10% off coupon, as well.

So, if I collect all the cards for a game (or the sale) and then make a badge...can I get my 'card drops' from the game again, or at that point do I have to buy all of them to get them again? Say if I want, one badge, and then all the cards once.

So, if I collect all the cards for a game (or the sale) and then make a badge...can I get my 'card drops' from the game again, or at that point do I have to buy all of them to get them again? Say if I want, one badge, and then all the cards once.
Once you run out, you're out. You are eligible to get a booster pack though which is rare.

I honestly don't remember where I got them.
The Toki Tori coupons are something to do with owning Toki Tori and/or being in the Toki Tori 2 group. I assume this 'cause two coupons showed up in my inventory a couple of hours ago (so they definitely weren't from crafting anything.)

Looking to trade for Don't Starve, I'd be willing to trade Anomaly 2 or any other games in my list below, even multiple keys. Please make an offer!

WANT

Don't Starve
Eschalon Book 1
Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Two Worlds Epic Edition
Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense

Wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/id/neuropod/wishlist/

Paypal / Amazon / Steam Wallet

HAVE

Steam Keys

Anomaly 2

Defense Grid: The Awakening + Containment DLC 1-4

Hell Yeah! + Pimp My Rabbit DLC

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD

La Mulana

[DLC] Renegade Ops: Coldstrike DLC + Reinforcements DLC

[DLC] Dawn of War 2: Retribution – Last Stand Complete Wargear Pack

Steam Indie Keys

Adventures of Shuggy
Air Buccaneers
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Aquaria
ARES: Extinction Agenda
Avadon: the Black Fortress
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy
Awesomenauts
Aztaka
Beat Hazard
Beat Hazard Ultra
Bit.Trip Runner
Captain Brawe
Cave Story +
COGS
Cortex Command
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cryostasis
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Dear Esther
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Eufloria
Fractal
Galactic Arms Race
Geneforge Saga
Greed Corp.
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Humble Android Bundle 3 Bonus Games (World of Goo, Osmos, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Edge)
Humble Indie Bundle 5 (non-BTA) (Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, Limbo, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP)
Home
Hotel Giant 2
Indie Game the Movie
King's Bounty: The Legend
Metal Drift
NecroVisioN
Nightsky
Nightsky
Osmos
Painkiller Black
Painkiller: Overdose
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Post-Mortem
Psychonauts, Costume Quest, & Stacking
Red Orchestra
Roboblitz
Shadowgrounds
Shank 2
Solar 2
SpaceChem
Splice
Stealth Bastard
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Superbros. Sword & Sworcery EP
Superbros. Sword & Sworcery EP
Swords & Soldiers HD
The Void
Titan Quest
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Trine
Vegas: Make it Big
Vessel
Waking Mars
Zen Bound 2
Zero Gear
Zombie Shooter
Zombie Shooter 2

Desura Keys
Aztaka
Chester
Fairy Bloom Freesia
La-Mulana
Oniken 
Underrail

Other
[GOG] King's Bounty Platinum

you have a chance at booster after you can get no more card drops you have better chance at booster based on steam level

OT i sold a mars foil $5 very happy about that

My turn to ask for opinions. Which of these do you think are worth the price/won't go lower and/or be bundled soon:

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - $7.99 $1.99

Your Doodles are Bugged! - $4.49 $1.12

Blocks That Matter - $4.99 $1.24

Snuggle Truck - $4.99 $1.49

Puzzle Bots - $4.99 $1.49

Puzzle Kingdoms - $14.99 $1.49

AudioSurf - $9.99 $2.49

Botanicula- $9.99 $2.49

Chantelise- $9.99 $2.49

To the Moon- $9.99 $2.49

I played your doodles are bugged ok puzzle game. Decent fun but goes quick. I played a lot of Puzzle kingdoms (got it for 1.75 from a steam summer sale years ago)....fun though not as flashy as a similar game like Puzzle Quest. Lots of good casual match 4 fun though. The last I played is Chantelise. I'll be honest it's a bit repetitive and really doujin game feeling (not that great graphics and controls). If you like simpler action games I say go for it, otherwise could be a pass.

Don't know if this was mentioned or not, but for RPG fans:

Drakensang is $2.49

Drakensang: River of Time is $4.99

Both 75% off. That's the cheapest I've seen either
Only played the first one but it was a really fun open world rpg, And heard the second is only better so can't go wrong with Drakensang, Plus there were tons of customization.

Of course I bought the Don't Starve two pack thinking one of my friends would want to split it and of course no one does.  If anyone happens to want to pay me $6.75 instead of $11.99 to Steam shoot me a PM.

Good lord, it's five and a half hours after the sale went live and the store is still fucked up. Get with the frickin' program already steam.

I probably played over 50 Tecmo Super Bowl seasons with friends (multiplayer seasons, fucks yeah) and they always became more difficult as the season progressed.

I think I might be misunderstanding you doe.
Hell yes. I have the original on my NES (the old indestructible tank), but you can emulate the game and there are modders who update the game to have current rosters. Super cool.

I am kind of tempted by defiance

any CAGbros down to play this terrible game?
Anyone have any thoughts on Defiance? Would be playing it co-op with the lady.
Defiance ain't terrible at all. It's got its flaws, is kinda messy, but it's a solid Borderlands-esque TPS MMO with tons of options, vehicles, fun co-op, etc. All in all a fun open world shooter, plus cardzzz.

Anybody know how Defiance runs? TSW is a little choppy for me, so I don't want to buy if I can't play it.
Runs pretty good for me with max settings. Better than TSW. I have a 680M though, so I'm not the best person to ask.

They Bleed Pixels is 75% off. Any thoughts on it going any lower? I'm guessing not. Might pick it up this evening.
Badass game. My favorite platformer since Mario 3. Great music, great visuals, tight gameplay, challenging, and just a cool game all around. Again, plus cardzzz.

New Humble weekly isn't anything to write home about.
That's not what he's talking about.

It's a horrible bundle with unknown, and probably crappy games. After some good shit months ago like TellTale bundle, Tripwire Bundle, THQ Bundle, it's all been horrible or at least decent bundles.
Ignorance is bliss? Seriously, Spiderweb's RPGs are fucking solid, you should look into things before calling games "probably crappy". There's a ridiculous amount of hours of excellent open world SRPGs in that bundle. You can't go wrong for $4 there at all, unless you already have most of the games.

WARNING:

If you use a "new" payment method to fund your Steam wallet you will be locked out of the Community Market for a full week. Wow, what total utter BS.

I used paypal to add some Steam Wallet back to my account since I used up most of mine hosting Defiance, and since I had not used paypal as a payment method before, I'm now locked out of the market until next Thursday. Great job Valve. A warning would have been nice then I would have just used my debit or walked across the street to 7/11. And since Valve has such awesome customer service there's nothing I can do about it.
I disabled Steam Guard for a few minutes since it was too slow with the confirmation email, but now I can't sell any cardzzz for two weeks. :(
Seriously? That's utter bullshit. I was gonna do the same thing probably, so thanks for the heads up... That really sucks man.

And what is Steam Guard?

I grabbed a Steam version from Amazon not that long ago for that price.

Well crap, didn't take long for the bottom to fall out of the foil riptide market.  Ah well, leave it listed for an unrealistic $12 and if it sells great, and if not I can always lower closer to the end of the sale.  

Hoping Tomb Raider gets a Sleeping Dogs-style price mistake I can capitalize on, otherwise my wallet is safe so far.

So is it worthwhile to make the badges then? I like having the cards themselves.
Once you craft a badge you lose the cards. But, you will still be able to see the large-sized card artwork by going to your profile and clicking on the badge.

If you want to make the badges, you get extra slots, the backgrounds, emoticons, and that's it. It's just improvements for your Steam profile. Most people here don't seem to care, but I do, so I craft.

you have a chance at booster after you can get no more card drops you have better chance at booster based on steam level

OT i sold a mars foil $5 very happy about that
LOL, I bought it. Kinda crazy to list a foil from a new, relatively expensive game with only three drops for $5. That's crazy cheap. If you look at Gun Monkeys (a similarly priced game with three drops as well), the foils are still going for really high weeks later. One sold for $25 recently.

But hey, you sold your foil. Can't argue with that. Hopefully I can profit off it/make my money back. :lol:

Only played the first one but it was a really fun open world rpg, And heard the second is only better so can't go wrong with Drakensang, Plus there were tons of customization.
I remember you giving a favorable review of it last summer sale I think, lol. I have both Drakensang (from a Groupees bundle) and River of Time from Amazon. Which one would you start first if you were me?

Also, no joke, I'm completely caught up on the thread, and have been for months. I have a problem.

Anyone else no longer able to pull up Sine Mora? Really annoying, was ready to buy it.

edit: Same with Strike Suit Infinity. WHAT THE HELL!?

I think I am going to pick up Defiance. Played a little during the free weekend a few weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. Seems like a fair price since there is no monthly fee. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back