The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I can idle Skyrim from the launcher.  I really don't feel like updating the 75ish mods I haven't touched since November.

Could anyone give me a mini-review on Scribblenauts? Close to biting on it on Amazon for a bit over $4 + the three free games + cards (only like 20-30 cents on them though...), but I just can't push myself over the edge.

Is it really that good? I'm not against things looking kiddy, but it does look really really kiddy as far as the graphics go.
I just got it and played half an hour. So far I'm freaking loving it! It is a bit kiddy, but the music and art style really go well with the ridiculous things you create to solve peoples problems. Finding the most bizare yet barely plausible solutions can be hilarious, and it is just a ton of fun creating objects. It also has awesome workshop support so you can download all sorts of new characters and items. If you just blow through the missions doing the most obvious things possible, I imagine it would be rather dull, but for me I am enjoying it immensely. Well worth the $4.24 I paid :D

URGENT: If anyone bought CS:GO standalone on sale and has it ready to be gifted, would you be willing to trade for my CS Complete Bundle? I made the dumb mistake of buying the bundle when the only game I don't have is CS:GO. If I activated the bundle on my account I'd be wasting all the other games included so I'd be willing to trade my complete CS for someone's standalone CS:GO just so someone can make better use of it. Thanks in advance!
It's a Valve game. That means you -should- get extra copies. If you try to activate the game, it'll warn you that you have some items from the pack and it will tell you if you'll get giftable copies. Note that if you've gotten extra giftable copies of those games before (like if you bought the Valve Complete Pack when you already owned the games), -you won't get the extra copies.-

I got that warning when I activated the Sonic pack with all those games a few days ago (I already owned three, and I didn't get any extra copies.)

Think the Summer cards will only go lower? I tried to sell my Tomb raider earlier while they were still $1+ but of course the market not updating screwed me

Also, I tried to buy a card from the Market and I couldnt? Anyone else having this problem? I havent changed any payment methods or anything. I did just buy CS:GO will the CC I always used though

Think the Summer cards will only go lower? I tried to sell my Tomb raider earlier while they were still $1+ but of course the market not updating screwed me
You should sell as soon as possible, those are going to plummet as people realize there are no free games and they get even more common.

Could anyone give me a mini-review on Scribblenauts? Close to biting on it on Amazon for a bit over $4 + the three free games + cards (only like 20-30 cents on them though...), but I just can't push myself over the edge.

Is it really that good? I'm not against things looking kiddy, but it does look really really kiddy as far as the graphics go.
I'll go against the grain and say that I was mildly disappointed. I had high hopes after all the good things I had heard, and it had a charm that I enjoy, but it felt like 75% of the words I wanted to use in the hour and a half or so I played were not recognized by the dictionary. So I got bored pretty quickly, and haven't felt much incentive to go back.

Why are all of you buying the Duke Nukem Forever strategy guide?

But really, how broken is something when that is listed as the #1 top selling item.

How "LONG" is the campaign?

My Steam account says about 13 hours. I'll probably play it again toward the end of this year. If someone has been itching to play it, I would say that the summer sale is one of the best times to pick it up, otherwise it will certainly see a bigger discount in the fall or winter.
Somehow I feel like that's not enough time to give it a proper playthrough. I've played it for 12 hours and just got the Shock Jockey. Granted, though, that playing all these games over the years has gotten me in the habit of exploring everything I can before moving on; there are tons of missable items and videos that net you achievements toward the end of the game. I got the 200 searched areas achievement on the beach after you meet Elizabeth. I also reload checkpoints sometimes to get different gear, and to be fair, my character is overpowered in Normal mode.

30% off is not much for Gunslinger, but it's a REALLY fun shooter, can't recommend it enough. The demo has the first level and gives you an idea of what to expect.

Also, I tried to buy a card from the Market and I couldnt? Anyone else having this problem? I havent changed any payment methods or anything. I did just buy CS:GO will the CC I always used though
Yeah, it seems to be impossible to buy anything from the market right now. As a result, the prices are crashing. The listings that occasionally show up well below market value are staying unsold. So noobs think that's the market value, and they try to undercut that price.

Should be some good bargain shopping once it gets fixed.

Card talk:

So for the other saps, like me, are you guys deciding to wait on crafting the SS badge. Wait to see how many cards you can collect from voting and crafting other badges, or are you just jumping on the low SS card prices now?

Why are all of you buying the Duke Nukem Forever strategy guide?

But really, how broken is something when that is listed as the #1 top selling item.
Was just going to ask about this.

cyl0.jpg

People are losing it.

Yeah, it seems to be impossible to buy anything from the market right now. As a result, the prices are crashing. The listings that occasionally show up well below market value are staying unsold. So noobs think that's the market value, and they try to undercut that price.

Should be some good bargain shopping once it gets fixed.
Ah okay thanks. Yeah someone put up a card I needed for only 5 cents! And of course I couldn't get it

Man, I really want Dark Souls, but $15 is too much, especially when Amazon just had it for $7.50 (which they unfortunately sold out of).

Well, I fucked up. Skyrim cards went up, 5-10 up of each card, $1-2, all cool. I mean, it's an expensive game, so even though a good amount of people have it, you'd imagine the cards would have alright value. Plus there's only 4 drops.

So as I usually do, I snag some of the massively undercutting cards ($1+ under the normal price or so) and list them for what the current price is. Did it with about 5 cards, ended up spending $4ish. 30 minutes later, Skyrim cards are down to 30 cents. Some lower. Honestly just kinda flabbergasted by that. Strike Suit Infinity cards were 80 or so this morning, yet Skyrim cards are already about a quarter each? 

It's my own fault. Live and learn, but I'm just really bummed. I helped someone buy something, so my Steam wallet it pretty much tapped out, and now I hear I can't add funds back into it without getting locked out of the market... so that's cool.  :cry:

So does Bastion have cards?  It doesn't have the little cards banner on it, but despite getting all cheevos on the 360, I'd consider double dipping for sweet cards if there are enough drops.

edit: seems it does... now is it worth it...

Bastion: good discount (but has been bundled.

Dark Souls: good discount (but will be 75% off w/ coupon on GMG at some point and is $12.50 in my region.)

Euro Truck Simulator: good discount (but not cheap enough for me to buy since it's not my type of game.)

Cities XL: ok discount, but cheaper if you get a copy from someone who owns one of the past games (does that discount stack? I doubt it, but if it does....)

Buy Cities XL Platinum
Owners of the Steam versions of Cities XL 2011 or Cities XL 2012 can purchase Cities XL Platinum at 85% off!

Anyone wanna help a brotha out? 

I've read the Steam Trading Cards page on Steam over and over again and I still have no idea how the trading card things work? Where do I see what trading cards I own, if any? Is it in my inventory? Right now I have Prison Architect, Bioshock Infinite, and Torchlight II but I don't know if those are badges are cards?

Grabbed Borderlands 2 for $10.. and the season pass being $10 sold me as well. Plus with Gearbox saying that there will be MORE DLC, the season pass was too good to let slip past me.

$20.38 for a full Borderlands 2? Yes please.

I voted for Knights of the Old Republic 2. Never played those and $3.50 seems to be juuuuust righty.

How is the version of City's XL that is on the Flash sale? I want a new city building game but do not want to pick up the new Sim City until all the issues are sorted out and EA implements the offline mode they have been considering. 

Also .. I know it's bad when I am seriously considering picking up the Truck Simulator. 

Grabbed Borderlands 2 for $10.. and the season pass being $10 sold me as well. Plus with Gearbox saying that there will be MORE DLC, the season pass was too good to let slip past me.

$20.38 for a full Borderlands 2? Yes please.
I'm pretty sure that Tiny Tina was the last of that season and the DLC after will be a new season. That's the way it is on Xbox at least.

Anybody who owns Cities XL 2011 or Cities XL 2012 wanna check if the 85% discount for Cities XL platinum stacks with the sale price? I'm guessing no, but it's possible that they screwed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back