The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't care about the Steam cards, you can get yourself a DRM-free version of Surgeon Simulator for the price of an X-ACTO knife down at the Hobby Hut.

Having trouble listing cards again. I think Valve underestimates how many people look forward to their summer sales.

MOAR SERVERS MOAR

Is the first Just Cause worth it? I already own the 2nd, but it's backlogged.

A lot of us have 90% off coupons for Sniper: Ghost Warrior -- it's a shame it won't stack with this deal! Not a bad price for those without the coupon, though.

Also, these card prices are plummeting. The cards for Civ 5 are trading at under $.20 each... this isn't an indie game that everyone has! I'm wondering if it's a better idea just to hold on to my cards and see if prices rise.
Skip the first Just Cause. 2 is superior in every way.

RE: Civ5 caaaardz; That game is consistently in the top 10 games being played at any given time and just had a major expansion released. Right now, there's almost 65 thousand people playing it. While everyone has those indie games, bundlefodder tends to get ignored by the vast majority of owners, leaving only the diehard caaaaard addicts to farm 'em.

I wanted to point out too, some of you guys are breaking the cardinal rule of waiting till a game is a daily deal even if it is on sale. You could save even more! shame shame :boxing:

As if it never goes on sale during a daily, you can still grab it the last day of the sale.

Gah ... I really really want Far Cry 3 on Steam. Been waiting to play it for a good while. Just don't know if I want to spend that much on one game :(

We're only excited by how much other people (non-CAGs) are paying for them; they are incredibly useless, but someone mentioned yesterday that they sold a Summer Sale foil for $50. That makes me excited about them, but in less of an "I want to collect them" and more of a "holy shit, I don't have to spend out of my own pocket during the sale" sort of way.
still don't care.

Why is it my wallet is begging me not to take from it, yet the sales seem so good it's almost making my brain melt? I have been a XBox 360 player and would jump on a GonD sale for $5, but this sale has proven to me steam is the true dark side...

Other thought: Why is yesterday's daily deals showing up on the front page under flash sales? It's like the daily deal lasts for 2 days...odd

I gotta say, I'm pumped. I wasn't expecting much from this sale, but it's only the beginning of day two and I've already picked up three of my top five wants (one off the forum, thanks sleeping_lights_on!), a couple others, and haven't spent out of pocket for anything I bought through Steam. Now, Rogue Legacy at 50% off, go go go!

Runner2 is mighty tempting with the soundtrack and all...
It's great, I'd say go for it.

I thought FTL was mediocre, really, but it's worth $2.
Sacrilege! Just kidding, to each his own. Didn't like plenty of games that people around here love. I myself have put 40 hours into FTL since getting it just a couple weeks back. I love it. Highly recommend the hi-res backgrounds mod, it's painful to look at otherwise.

still don't care.
Good for you.

Is there a cap to how many cards you can get in a day? I haven't had any drop for a while but maybe it's just the sale messing with everything.

Rogue Legacy is still at 20% off for me?

I gotta say, I'm pumped. I wasn't expecting much from this sale, but it's only the beginning of day two and I've already picked up three of my top five wants (one off the forum, thanks sleeping_lights_on!), a couple others, and haven't spent out of pocket for anything I bought through Steam. Now, Rogue Legacy at 50% off, go go go!

It's great, I'd say go for it.

Sacrilege! Just kidding, to each his own. Didn't like plenty of games that people around here love. I myself have put 40 hours into FTL since getting it just a couple weeks back. I love it. Highly recommend the hi-res backgrounds mod, it's painful to look at otherwise.

Good for you.

Had to give myself a little reality check on a few games I was close to buying: 

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - still haven't played the first

Surgeon Simulator - not 75% off. looks like a one time play.

Anno 2070 - still not 75% off... still has Tages

Not sure about the current vote. I guess I'll go Shogun 2. I think there might be a few pieces of DLC I could use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Anno 2070 for $8 from Gamefly during one of their recent sales with the extra 20% off code.  It's been REAL slow to discount but if you're not playing it tomorrow I'd wait for a better deal than 50% off.

Rush Bros. 2-pack is $3.74, not a bad price considering the game just came out about 6 or 7 weeks ago. The gameplay vids makes it look like a cross between Bit trip runner and super meat boy, both of which I liked so I might get this.

Rogue Legacy is still at 20% off for me?
Sorry, didn't mean to be confusing. 50% is my buy point. No reason to think it'll even get that low this sale, but...I can hope!

Had to give myself a little reality check on a few games I was close to buying:

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - still haven't played the first

Surgeon Simulator - not 75% off. looks like a one time play.

Anno 2070 - still not 75% off... still has Tages

Not sure about the current vote. I guess I'll go Shogun 2. I think there might be a few pieces of DLC I could use.
But Surgeon Simulator has CAAARRRRRDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Is there a cap to how many cards you can get in a day? I haven't had any drop for a while but maybe it's just the sale messing with everything.
I'm definitely wondering the same thing. Personally, I've never gotten more than 6 cards in a day (even with several games idling overnight).

Tempted by Fez, Runner 2, and Surgeon Simulator, but I'm sure they'll all be in indie bundles some day. Sad that there's no discount for WD: 400 days; guess I'll buy it at GMG with a 20% off code. Already have FTL and Xcom so no sales for me today.

Antichamber finally.... I had to wait for a sale considering there's a good chance this game will break my spirits. Anyone here beaten it?

Any chance on Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition returning? I missed it the first time... And still hoping that Skyrim drops... :)

No. I've gotten lots in one day. As long as you're in the game they drop at set rates.

But Surgeon Simulator has CAAARRRRRDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
I know you're joking, but at this point cards aren't doing much to subsidize games. It's a nice bonus if you already have the game or you are looking to play it immediately. An extra .80 doesn't sway me to buy Surgeon Simulator.

Tempted by Fez, Runner 2, and Surgeon Simulator, but I'm sure they'll all be in indie bundles some day. Sad that there's no discount for WD: 400 days; guess I'll buy it at GMG with a 20% off code. Already have FTL and Xcom so no sales for me today.
I was a little disappointed at 400 Days not that its bad, my main complaint is that its really short about 85 minutes by my count. You get 5 playable characters and you spend about 15 to 18 minutes with each one and that is simply not enough time to get to know/like them, I felt the game just hurried me into the next survivor, pushing the story the story along at a too fast of a pace.

So is XCOM worth getting for $10? I don't really play many turn based games. I don't like Civilization, but for some reason, XCOM has me very interested. 

I bought Anno 2070 for $8 from Gamefly during one of their recent sales with the extra 20% off code. It's been REAL slow to discount but if you're not playing it tomorrow I'd wait for a better deal than 50% off.
Ubisoft seems to be really stingy when it comes to putting their strategy games on sale. Anno is from 2011, yet they refuse to put it higher than 50% on any of the Steam sales. Heroes of Might & Magic VI is/was the same thing.

Anyone think of any reason to expect that this sale won't be like previous sales where Dailies reappeared as Flash sales and vice versa during the sale?  Thinking I might wait on XCom and see if it shows up as a daily for a PM on Amazon.

If you aren't getting cards in a game that has potential drops left, and you have been trying for hours, then you might be bugged. This happened to me last week. Basically just had to wait for Valve to do something to fix it. I saw no public acknowledgement of the problem, it just ended up working again several days later.

Any chance on Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition returning? I missed it the first time... And still hoping that Skyrim drops... :)
If last year is any indication, the main deals will all rotate three times between daily, flash, and community deals. At the very least, it will probably be a daily at some point.

No. I've gotten lots in one day. As long as you're in the game they drop at set rates.

I know you're joking, but at this point cards aren't doing much to subsidize games. It's a nice bonus if you already have the game or you are looking to play it immediately. An extra .80 doesn't sway me to buy Surgeon Simulator.
But that 80 cents brings it down to almost 75% off. How low are you looking for it to go?

Just a head's up, you can buy Faster Than Light directly from the dev and you get a steam key as well as a DRM-free copy. The game is discounted through the dev's store, but interestingly, it's only 50% off. I didn't check the price of FTL yesterday, so I don't know if that 50% off means that the dev is late in matching the steam price, or if the steam price is a mistake.

So I haven't heard many people here talk about grabbing Antichamber. The trailer of the game looks awesome. Are people waiting for a better price, already have it, or what? I've never heard of it before yesterday, btw. Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger...

I'm really want to get it because it supports Occulus Rift, but it's still a little to pricey for me.

Think BL2 will be around again?

Maybe as part of the best of sale at the end (if they have one)

With the $10 purchase per card, does anybody know if buying a game for say $30 gives 3 cards or just the 1?

3 cards, you get a card for every $10 spent, regardless of how many games you buy/how much you spend on one game.

I was able to get a Toki Tori 2 coupon from Dr Sasquatch here yesterday, and today 5 more coupons popped up in my inventory. I'd like to return the favor, and give them out to people who want them. Just give me a PM if you're interested. 

Kinda sucks the black ops 2 map packs are regular price. In the past the packs have usually been half off when the base cod game was on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back