The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Com is most definitely worth $10. I'd buy it if I didn't already get it for free through PS+.

There is a demo you can try out. It was enough to sell it for me, but then, I like turn-based games.

Thanks for this. Was considering picking it up to play with family, but since according to you it doesn't sound like a proper Walking Dead experience (it was the way they developed the characters that made it so unique), I think I'll wait for it to be cheaper.

Seriously, fark Ubi. I'm mildly interested in HOMMVI, but not at these prices. It's not even like it got good reviews. And thus far I've managed to avoid their client and I'm not in any hurry to change that now.

Okay, thanks! Probably going to pick it up then. I play most of my games with a wired Xbox 360 controller (old habits die hard). However, XCOM seems like the kind of game I would want to play with a keyboard and mouse. Which do you guys think works best for XCOM?
I'll go ahead and be the lone voice of dissent here. Greenman just had the X-COM complete pack with the DLCs for $10, so I'd wait if I were you.

100 exp on first craft + a couple random emotes/backgrounds/etc

200 exp on second craft+ a couple random emotes/backgrounds/etc

I think it goes up to 400 or so? Not really sure.
It's 100 exp per craft level and all badges except for foil ones go up to level 5.

So if you craft a Level 1, you get 100 XP, If you craft it to Level 2, you get an additional 100 XP, and so on.

Bought Chivlary and Surgeon Simulator, although I don't have a card for spending $10 (I had like $5 spent towards the next $10 before I bought the games so it should have updated).

Anyone have this problem?

Can anyone tell me how large the Steam App is to download fully? I'm getting a nice PC later down the road and figure I shouldn't miss out on these sales and I have a data limit broadband right now.

Also, can I download the app later and install it on the new pc and download and play the games I bought before?

Thanks in advanced.
It's right on the dl page: 1.5 MB. Games you buy are tied to your account, so it doesn't matter where or when you download as long as you enter your account credentials

It's okay, let's see, 1.5mb and yes, you can install on another computer, you just have to verify using your email (they send a code and you input it)

It's right on the dl page: 1.5 MB. Games you buy are tied to your account, so it doesn't matter where or when you download as long as you enter your account credentials
It's really only 1.5MB wow, that is so small. Thanks.

I was wondering about mods, how do they work with steam games? Can you only download and use mods from steam's workshop? Sorry for the questions but it seems much easier this way.

Thinking about snagging XCOM for awhile now. But, is it better on PC or 360? Not sure if this is a sit away from the tv relaxed style game or sit close to the monitor stay focused type. 

If the getaway cards really, really crash (like under 20 cents a piece), I might just hold onto the cards that I earn (through voting & buying stuff) to craft a badge. If I can craft the badge for less than a buck, what the hell? Why not? It's not like I'll be able to spend all my card money this sale anyway. I'd only end up blowing that buck on Bumbledore.
Um, too late. . .

BaQnQLn.png

I was wondering about mods, how do they work with steam games? Can you only download and use mods from steam's workshop? Sorry for the questions but it seems much easier this way.
The answer to that differs game-by-game. Some don't work with mods at all (if the mods are developed with retail copies and the Steam version is different), others work exactly the same as the retail copy would (Steam acts like a downloader for these, those games don't integrate with Steam in any way), while most that I've run into work fine with most mods, but some may require mod versions specifically targeted at Steam copies of the game.

:(

Well, do I even need the client software to buy the games on sale? Maybe I just need to set up my account, I can't play the games right away, but they are such good sales.
No. Unlike iTunes, you can buy using the website. However, you do need the client installed to download and install the games.

Aaaaaaaand finally caught up on this thread lol. 

I think I'll bite on GTA IV Complete. Intrigued by Darksiders II but... $10 seems a bit much for my inner cheapness

:(

Well, do I even need the client software to buy the games on sale? Maybe I just need to set up my account, I can't play the games right away, but they are such good sales.
By all means, buy all you want right now through your browser. No need for the client until you want to play a game. Just make sure you buy smart. Please read the sales guide in my signature. I'd hate to see you waste money.

According to the Amazon sale thread, a steam compatible GTA IV Complete and Max Payne 3 Complete pack are supposed to be $20 tomorrow on Amazon. You can also use the 15% off code to make it a little cheaper.

Aaaaaaaand finally caught up on this thread lol.

I think I'll bite on GTA IV Complete. Intrigued by Darksiders II but... $10 seems a bit much for my inner cheapness

According to the Amazon sale thread, a steam compatible GTA IV Complete and Max Payne 3 Complete pack are supposed to be $20 tomorrow on Amazon. You can also use the 15% off code to make it a little cheaper.
I already got MP3 complete back when I bought it from GMG in a pack with LA Noire. Plus, GTA IV Complete is only $7.50, and dunno if I would pay $12.50 for MP3

Having never played any games in the GTA series, but been told they are similar to Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs which I loved, would it be worth getting the full pack (3, 4, LC, VC, and SA) IF it goes 75% ($12.49) or just get 4 and Episodes of Liberty City? (75%, $7.49)

It'd be $5 for 3, Vice City, and San Andreas

By all means, buy all you want right now through your browser. No need for the client until you want to play a game. Just make sure you buy smart. Please read the sales guide in my signature. I'd hate to see you waste money.
Thanks all for helping me out. BigSpoonyBard, I may need to bombard you with questions then, but I'll check your guide out first.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm trying to buy Surgeon Simulator (with paypal) and it gives me this error after I enter in my info "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support.", and the Steam Support page won't even load. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: seems to be okay now, nevermind.

Having never played any games in the GTA series, but been told they are similar to Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs which I loved, would it be worth getting the full pack (3, 4, LC, VC, and SA) IF it goes 75% ($12.49) or just get 4 and Episodes of Liberty City? (75%, $7.49)

imo full pack. VC & SA are a riot... I love their settings, and are more fun imo. GTA4 takes it's self way too seriously. Reportedly Gay Tony is good. I still haven't played GTA3.

Now this is just my opinion, I loved SR3, but grew tired/bored of GTA. I don't know what it was, I just couldn't get into the game itself and I've played them since their inception. I'd drive around, kill people, etc., but the missions just did nothing for me. I think the over the top nature of SR3 is what hooked me, even though they are of a similar genre/gameplay. Sleeping Dogs is unfortunately still in my backlog.

Bought all the cards to craft the summer badge. Got a skyrim background that sells for over $5.50+ and a card that goes roughly 0.50. I'd say I made my $ back. May of just lucky though.

XCOM is well worth the $10 if you don't have a PS3 (otherwise you should already have it free from PS+ ;)).  It's relatively simple for a turn-based strategy game, but the out-of-combat branching customization is pretty cool.

Now this is just my opinion, I loved SR3, but grew tired/bored of GTA. I don't know what it was, I just couldn't get into the game itself and I've played them since their inception. I'd drive around, kill people, etc., but the missions just did nothing for me. I think the over the top nature of SR3 is what hooked me, even though they are of a similar genre/gameplay. Sleeping Dogs is unfortunately still in my backlog.
I actually just found the GTA series to be a lot harder than either SR 2 or Sleeping Dogs (I haven't played SR3 yet). However, I will say that purely for atmosphere, I enjoyed Vice City so much I bought the PS/2 version when it was on sale for the PS3. OTOH. . . Septic Avenger!

imo full pack. VC & SA are a riot... I love their settings, and are more fun imo. GTA4 takes it's self way too seriously. Reportedly Gay Tony is good. I still haven't played GTA3.
hmmm... you've just convinced me to hold off on GTA4 complete and wait for the full pack...

Huh Far Cry Blood Dragon is $6.74 right now and if you click on it, says its a flash sale but I dont see it advertised anywhere

So how does this work with Steam Achievement Manager?   I have multiple games open in it but the cards seem to come for more than one game but at a much slower rate than one game at a time.  Is this how others are doing it as well or did I miss a step?  Do you know if you can run an extra non-SAM game in steam and earn for all of them?

Even if you ran two games in normal steam the drop rate is slower than one game at a time

All SAM does is emulate that so you're not installing or using you're comp resources to idle

Huh Far Cry Blood Dragon is $6.74 right now and if you click on it, says its a flash sale but I dont see it advertised anywhere
Some times when it says 'title' sale it can often be interpreted as 'franchise or series or something'. So FarCry 3 is currently a flash sale and as such so is Blood Dragon.

This is partially why I voted for Shogun 2 as the community choice. I hope it means the other Total War games will go cheaper too.

My guess is, it will be a flash sale in the next round, but the store is glitched and it's showing up early. This sort of thing happened a couple of times during the 2012 Holiday sale.

Even if you ran two games in normal steam the drop rate is slower than one game at a time

All SAM does is emulate that so you're not installing or using you're comp resources to idle
So this is more of a way to get cards without having to switch games periodically than a way to get cards faster? So this is good if you are going to work or sleep but not as good if you are around and can change titles.

Linked sale. Far Cry 1 & 2 are also on sale. This sort of thing happens all the time, even during normal daily/weekend/mid-week sales. e.g. NFS Shift 2 goes on sale advertised but Shift 1, NFS UC, & BP also go on sale unadvertised.

So is it safe to buy Blood Dragon now then? Or will it possibly go lower by itself later.. which I dont know how would work with the FarCry 2 and 3 bundle..

I really hope Episodes from Liberty City hits a flash deal or something. It is literally all I want, but it is stupidly more expensive than buying GTA 4 + EFLC together...

So this is more of a way to get cards without having to switch games periodically than a way to get cards faster? So this is good if you are going to work or sleep but not as good if you are around and can change titles.
That's how I'm using it. It uses a lot less resources than running the actual game.

So is it safe to buy Blood Dragon now then? Or will it possibly go lower by itself later.. which I dont know how would work with the FarCry 2 and 3 bundle..
Et tu Broly?

Could go lower, hard to say for sure, kinda newish. 55% off is pretty darn weird. (but then again we're also seeing 70% in unprescidented numbers.)

Weird, full pack didn't go to it's usual $12.50 with this flash... well it almost certainly will be back again, GTA Complete $12.50
There's usually a daily deal or flash sale for the GTA franchise, I'm sure it will come again, that's what I'm holding for. Steam is kinda hard to predict when it comes to how flash sales impact other games in the series.

Any more thoughts on Endless Space? JakeNome has it for $8.50 and I'm sorely tempted, but I already spent $10.50 in real money on a single game today.  (In the same genre, even.)

This x100. SR3 was better than anything I played in the GTA series (though I did LOVE Vice City). SR3 had plenty of fun and variety, while GTA series really got boiled down to the same 3 quests and collect a bunch of useless crap in a city with no redeeming value in story (your a thug who wants to be the don!).

SD is only tangentially like GTA, in that it's "open world" and you drive a car frequently. However, the combat and story are both way better. SD was a great game I also never got bored with. I've been bored with GTA since pretty much everything after Vice City.

SD is only tangentially like GTA, in that it's "open world" and you drive a car frequently. However, the combat and story are both way better. SD was a great game I also never got bored with. I've been bored with GTA since pretty much everything after Vice City.
Seconded, Sleeping Dogs is one of my top open world games this gen. I've never been able to get into any Rockstar game other than Bully, but Sleeping Dogs had me completely addicted. Everyone should check it out if it gets a flash/daily deal (which I'm all but certain it will) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back