The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So, it's just an everyday sale and I have until the 22nd to decide, but any input on the Two Worlds series?

I got Two Worlds II and Two Worlds II Castle Defense thanks to a bundle stars bundle, and haven't played them yet.

The expansion is 80% off, costs $4, the original Two Worlds with its expansion is also 80% off, down to $2.

Worth getting either? Or just stick with the base Two Worlds II game for now?

Does anyone still have the link to that's its that calculates how long it will take to finish your Steam backlog? I didn't pay any attention to it earlier because I didn't have a backlog then xD
Borrowing a page from asheskitty:

3v65vv.jpg

I wonder how much money these cards are making Valve with all this talk of them adding cards to basically every game, even ones made in early 2000's

So, it's just an everyday sale and I have until the 22nd to decide, but any input on the Two Worlds series?

I got Two Worlds II and Two Worlds II Castle Defense thanks to a bundle stars bundle, and haven't played them yet.

The expansion is 80% off, costs $4, the original Two Worlds with its expansion is also 80% off, down to $2.

Worth getting either? Or just stick with the base Two Worlds II game for now?
The original 2W is decent - but, it had all kinds of issues out-the-box. Performed bad on most PC's at that time; had annoying DRM back then (3 limit activation period); voice-acting and dialogue was pretty bad and laughable, mayhaps at times. It surely was worth the 1 penny that I dropped on it, though. ;)

(Thanks for junking the game out not too long after release, Best Buy - when they actually did a good job w/ selling PC games!)

On the other hand 2W2 (base game) improved over the original in pretty much EVERY single solitary way. Improved dialogue and voice-acting; story-telling; combat was vastly improved; and the crafting system is awesome, BTW. It's probably one of the biggest improvements that I've ever seen from original game to a sequel.

Though, most versions still use that same annoying Reality Pump activation DRM.

I really can't speak much on 2W2: POTFF expansion - b/c I still ain't done much with it. I started it - just to make sure it worked; and never went back. Go figure. Probably bought other stuff - and for some reason, never jumped back. Thanks for the reminder - I should play POTFF sometime.

Didn't buy Castle Defense - can't speak on it.

I know system shock and bioshock are made by the same people (Ken Levine). But do the two games play similar or very different?

250 people is the current limit, and I personally can't imagine anybody reaching that. I know TotalBiscuit has a long time ago, but unless you regularly play multiplayer games and have different friends for each game it seems high, to me at least.
I don't know if I speak to 250 people with any regularity, let alone game with that many. There are a whopping 26 people on my friends list, and that's 80% CAGs.

Not that I ever use Steam's social features anyway.

I got about a hundred hours out of RCT3. Not as good of a rollercoaster builder as the first two games, but it is a very enjoyable theme park builder with decent management behind the sim.

The coaster cam is pretty slick and the scenarios are actually more fun than the sandbox mode, imo.

I just got bored out of my fucking mind on RCT3P. it felt...very...restricted as to what you could do. There's not enough creativity. RCT1 and 2 are much, much better.

Is Might and Magic still always online drm?
It never was always online DRM. If you're online, you're connected to "Conflux", which allows you to rack up achievements and points that allow you to buy little extras on the menu. Otherwise the entire game functions just fine offline. The only thing to note is that if you start and save a game while online, you won't be able to play it offline (offline saves and online saves function differently). Not sure if the reverse is true.

As for the game, I can't give a detailed review. What I've played of it I've enjoyed, but I'm also a big SRPG fan. I prefer King's Bounty, somewhat, but I haven't played enough of HoMM6 to give it a fair chance. It's a solid game either way with better graphics than the King's Bounty series.

I don't know where that definition came from, but irony is *not* a synonym for coincidence. There are several meanings of irony, but the closest to "coincidence" is situational irony -- where the audience is aware of greater implications of the coincidence. A simple coincidence, like the card situation described above, is not irony.
naSvjU7.png

For anyone wanting a wired 360 controller, I highly recommend these:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.275670200

It works great, comes in some awesome colors, and has molded plastic thumbsticks as opposed to the rubber tipped ones which seem to always tear on me in a month or two anyway. I grabbed an orange one back when the $10 MS codes were still active.
Damn, if those have the same high construction quality of official controllers, those are awesome. I still have one of those $10 codes, but they're expired? :\ Blah.

Dagnabbit! I guess I'm looking forward to Darksiders 2 less... Maybe we can get Idiot to write a 5 paragraph essay about it (intro + 3 paragraphs of 3 points of substance backed by three points each + conclusion.
Sadly, I haven't even installed the first one. The games look great though, I have both of them.

Also, no controller is as good as the wired official 360. No controller.
Amen, besides the wireless controller. ;)

I'm just an idiot, I guess. :dunce:
Embrace your inner idiot!

Borrowing a page from asheskitty:

3v65vv.jpg
Well I'd only had like 15-20 games before the sale, and eh we're all relatively short ones so I wasn't worried about how long they'd take. Now because of the sale my backlog has doubled and then some, and most of the games are quite a bit longer than what I originally had in there.

I tried to call tonight but customer retention or "loyalty fealty department" as they call it is already closed. I'll try again on Monday.
ftfy ^_~

Incredipede lost the vote, the community sucks.
That's not helping... I'm *trying* not to put heads on pikes...

Without 3rd party software is the keyword...pretty sure alot of games should work with PS3 controllers, but just to be safe, you should really consider looking into x360ce. I assume much of what you don't want is configuring buttons for each game, but x360ce is basically to make your computer think your controller is an xbox 360 controller...

Definitely not a glitch, 7 hours later and TR 1-6 are still that price...
y u give bad advise? BetterDS3 is a far far better solution than x360ce... x360ce is the sort of thing you wish on your enemies.

definitely a glitch, long glitch, the shame of missing it will be passed down to your children and grandchildren

I made a thread for everyone that wants to trade Steam Trading Cards: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317023-steam-trading-cards-trading-thread/?p=10904462

I also made a google spreadsheet of the games that had trading cards and each individual card name (not complete), but I'm having difficulty embedding it using the BBCode function. Anyone got any ideas? Otherwise it has to say as a link only.
I haven't see a Google one work in CAG 3.0 Cheapy linked to a Skydrive spreadsheet successfully. (yeah /hiss)

Eh, I have both the official Xbox controller and a 3rd party and there's no difference. For reference I'm using the Airflo 360 Controller. works like a charm
There are a LOT of shitty third party controllers. A friend of mine bought a red one for cheap on eBay and it fell apart within a year (thumbstick came off and crap), and then it just plain died.

Also, Gaben disagrees

steam45.jpg

That's a Logitech F710, featured in other Steam Big Picture images as well.
Because GabeN would totally show an Xbox controller and endorse one of his primary competitors. Why do you think he's showing the crappy generic one? ;)

And Teen Tomb Ho? She has more clothes on and is less sexual than in any of the other games!
I'd raid her tomb.

If you value that meat you call a body... you will do as I tell you and vote for System Shock 2.
squirrel2.jpg

Do not buy RCT3 Plat.

It's terrible.
I thought it was fun.

K, I'm back, stopped posting here back in May because they didn't have a "dark" version of the new 3.0 format (hurt my eyes), but now they do, Hurray!. Thoughts on the newest Tomb Raider and the DLC, comes to about $24 (Survival Edition)?

Ashes, what up gurl, you missed me, don't lie, and Idiot, check into the CAG Secret World Cabal you created, I'm seriously thinking of changing to a more active cabal, there have only been 3 members active.

There are a LOT of shitty third party controllers. A friend of mine bought a red one for cheap on eBay and it fell apart within a year (thumbstick came off and crap), and then it just plain died.
I bought one of those Dualshock 2 USB adapters and it quickly became one of the best purchases decisions I've ever made in my life.

Playing the Ys games is soooo much better with a dualshock 2 then mouse & keyboard.

Witcher 2? I would probably not play it for a couple of months. Still worth it, or wait for some other sale?
75% of $20 retail is about as low as id expect. doubtful they go any lower on the sale. maybe a lower retail at some point but at most id say you could save $1.25

Well, considering that I can't even get you to actually invite me to the cabal in game, that should be quite easy. Can you leave something you were never officailly a part of??
How can you "change to another cabal" if you weren't in the CAG one to begin with, lol? Just tell me when you're in game and I'll add you.

love theme park like games and I thought RCT3 was really fun. I'm not going to sit here and say it was the best of it's kind, but I can't play the same game over and over for 10 years. Need a little variety.

For anyone considering buying or voting for BG:EE, can I just say that the GOG editions of the old Dungeons and Dragons games (BG, BG2, NWN, NWN2, IWD, IWD2) are EXCELLENT. Almost all of the enhancements in BG:EE can be achieved by modding. 

I picked up the full anthology of these games during the GOG summer sale for just over $20 (9 games in total i think), and the anthology is often on sale, so I recommend waiting for those. Plus, you get heaps of free stuff with them on GOG

Btw if anyone is on the fence about the penny arcade RPGs, I'd highly recommend them for fans of classic turn based jRPGs. I've only beaten the third one, but I really enjoyed the class based combat. You start with full Hp and mp every battle, so this highly encourages class and skill experimentation. I had a blast with the gameplay and I've been eagerly anticipating a sale for the fourth one since it was available for preorder.

Then again most cags probably already have the third one from the time they gave keys away for free...

Witcher 2? I would probably not play it for a couple of months. Still worth it, or wait for some other sale?

Definitely worth it, this is the cheapest it's ever been, and I don't see it going any lower anytime soon.

K, I'm back, stopped posting here back in May because they didn't have a "dark" version of the new 3.0 format (hurt my eyes), but now they do, Hurray!. Thoughts on the newest Tomb Raider and the DLC, comes to about $24 (Survival Edition)?

Ashes, what up gurl, you missed me, don't lie, and Idiot, check into the CAG Secret World Cabal you created, I'm seriously thinking of changing to a more active cabal, there have only been 3 members active.
The new Tomb Raider is fantastic, except for the multiplayer, which is what most of the DLc is for.
Pretty much all of the DLC is MP maps, characters and weapons. The only single player DLC is the skins, weapon upgrades/abilities (are unlocked through gameplay so you don't need to buy them) and the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer.

To be fair, a distinction should be made between "3rd party" and "Made in a Chinese sweatshop by an 11 year old". There's no telling what knockoff crap you'll get on eBay. There's a reason you don't buy electronics in China Town.

To be fair, a distinction should be made between "3rd party" and "Made in a Chinese sweatshop by an 11 year old". There's no telling what knockoff crap you'll get on eBay. There's a reason you don't buy electronics in China Town.
True, but even "good" third party companies blow too a lot of time. I've had some really terrible Logitech PS2 controllers in the past, terrible Pelican everything, and two Gamestop controllers that were both defective.

It's pretty much always the best decision to buy an authentic controller.

I was thinking the same thing, but a buddy of mine who loves the RCT games said that the third one was inferior to the first two. Anyone else have impressions on RCT 3? It's cheaper on Steam at $4.99 than on GOG, FWIW.
I have the first one on GOG. I read it's the best (never played back then, don't know why), and since 1 & 2 are very similiar, I wanted the latest one too. So, 1 & 3 for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back