The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if the post got deleted or glitched. if it got deleted, I'd like to know what I did, here goes a repost....

Time for some freebies up in this b!#%&! (remember when we used to do that in this thread?)

King Arthur Complete Collection ( King Arthur, King Arthur II + Dead Legions DLC, King Arthur Fallen Champions)

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother
'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive
And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know
2V4HP-2XKVH-70NA2

Don't know if the post got deleted or glitched. if it got deleted, I'd like to know what I did, here goes a repost....

Time for some freebies up in this b!#%&! (remember when we used to do that in this thread?)

King Arthur Complete Collection ( King Arthur, King Arthur II + Dead Legions DLC, King Arthur Fallen Champions)

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother
'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive
And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know
2V4HP-2XKVH-70NA2

Nice! Wish I had access to steam at work to redeem that :(.

I understand the argument just fine. People claim the sale prices, in general, are lower because people have card money to burn. You guys are arguing that the pubs that have card games are adjusting prices knowing they can get more revenue from cards, which is probably true for most of them. But the Steam catalog is made up of a small percentage of those guys. Therefore, in general, prices are not different because of card money and most pubs don't care about card money.

I'm not saying you guys are incorrect, but I think we are looking at it from different angles.

Code lurked.

Ah, well.. you live, you learn.
I really would have thought a regular would have snapped it up. Didn't Cheapy say that a system for randomly giving code drops to regulars was going to be implemented in CAG 3.0??? It was a conversation that started after he implenmented the Code Giveaway page, and said that he had something better planned for 3.0. anyone remember that?

I really would have thought a regular would have snapped it up. Didn't Cheapy say that a system for randomly giving code drops to regulars was going to be implemented in CAG 3.0??? It was a conversation that started after he implenmented the Code Giveaway page, and said that he had something better planned for 3.0. anyone remember that?
I do but only because way back when people used to do cag steamgifts, and we ended up with a bunch of non members of the site just joining for "Free" games.

Yeah I remember that and have been waiting since the update to hear more!

I was excited to hopefully nab that King Arthur code : (

Oh no, I agree completely, but the thing with desktops and college is:

a) You can't take your computer with you to class

b) Travelling (in this case cross-country, but really any distance) with a desktop is a pain, and considering that at college you come home for holidays, summers, and move into a new dorm pretty much every year, he'd be travelling a lot
Laptops are absolutely important in college. I got a new laptop right after HS graduation and then built my desktop during sophomore year. Since I was within driving distance (well 8 hours) from home, I had no problem travelling with it during long breaks. But any travel shorter than winter break and I would just take my laptop.

I understand the argument just fine. People claim the sale prices, in general, are lower because people have card money to burn. You guys are arguing that the pubs that have card games are adjusting prices knowing they can get more revenue from cards, which is probably true for most of them. But the Steam catalog is made up of a small percentage of those guys. Therefore, in general, prices are not different because of card money and most pubs don't care about card money.

I'm not saying you guys are incorrect, but I think we are looking at it from different angles.
That's not even exactly what I'm saying. I'm not talking about card revenue, I'm talking about cards being an incentive to buyers, and therefore slightly lower discounts being just as appealing since you get cards on top of the game. But sure, revenue from cards on top of that is true too.

But either way, I think Fox covered it well.

Activates on Steam?
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/final-fantasy-vii/

Dead Island (original) just got Steam Cards. 

Theory: will be in next flash or community vote.

I keep seeing FF7 for 30% off but if I factor in card money left at the end of the Steam sale, then it will probably only cost me around $5 out of pocket unless Steam pulls out some crazy unexpected deals on like 50%+ on Rogue Legacy.

That's not what I am saying at all though. Card money and cards on the market have nothing to do with my argument. Maybe others are arguing that, but not me.

Dead Island (original) just got Steam Cards.

Theory: will be in next flash or community vote.
Dead Island GOTY is currently $5 on Steam right now (75% off).

That's probably on sale b/c DI: Riptide is on sale.

FRANCHISE SALE, it looks like.

That's not even exactly what I'm saying. I'm not talking about card revenue, I'm talking about cards being an incentive to buyers, and therefore slightly lower discounts being just as appealing since you get cards on top of the game. But sure, revenue from cards on top of that is true too.

But either way, I think Fox covered it well.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/final-fantasy-vii/
Wait, so Squenix gave up on the "only through our shop, with our DRM" thing, or is it in addition to Steam?

walkonshdows, I sent you a PM about you Secret World offer.
Yes, Sir. and I received your message at 5:05 PM and I replied at 5:10 pm telling you that I needed your email to send the invite, PM's are "conversations" now, check the original message in your PM queue, it should be bolded out to show you have a response to that message (as well as a red mark above the envelope in the upper right of your screen showing how many messages you have unread).

That's not what I am saying at all though. Card money and cards on the market have nothing to do with my argument. Maybe others are arguing that, but not me.
That's why I'm saying you guys aren't incorrect. My original statement was directed at people who think that card money and cards on market are impacting sale prices in general.

Woah woah woah, back up a second, they are selling Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 separately? Wow, they changed that, it used to be you had to buy DS 3 to get 1 and 2.

I hear DS 1 and 2 are great games. DS 3 isn't a bad game in any stretch. It's just really generic.
Last I heard, one (or was it both?) of those are incomplete on Steam. Missing expansion pack or something. Link.

I do but only because way back when people used to do cag steamgifts, and we ended up with a bunch of non members of the site just joining for "Free" games.

Wait, so Squenix gave up on the "only through our shop, with our DRM" thing, or is it in addition to Steam?

Yes, Sir. and I received your message at 5:05 PM and I replied at 5:10 pm telling you that I needed your email to send the invite, PM's are "conversations" now, check the original message in your PM queue, it should be bolded out to show you have a response to that message (as well as a red mark above the envelope in the upper right of your screen showing how many messages you have unread).

My bad, not showing up as unread at the top of the page.

CAG has been doing all sorts of silly things for the past two days. One out three or so posts quoting mine give my notifications, while the rest go on with no notice. I also will multiquote posts, click to reply, and the reply box will stay blank, while the site wipes out the saved multiquotes.

Not to mention it runs as slow as mole asses.

You cannot get the expansions for Dungeon Siege 1 or 2 through steam, there is a way to link non steam expansion for DS2 through a registry edit though.

You cannot get the expansions for Dungeon Siege 1 or 2 through steam, there is a way to link non steam expansion for DS2 through a registry edit though.
Do they even sell those anywhere? I ask because if I remember to buy DS 1 and 2 I will at the end of the sale.

Here's my quick review of playing five minutes of zombie mode on Ace of Spades:

Fun.

I got into a game just fine.  I don't know about long term.  Zombie mode is just that, half the team is zombies, half the team is gun people.  Zombies try to kill gun people.  Gun people try to stay alive or turn into zombies.

Things I learned:

1.  Zombies swim incredibly fast.

2.  Digging your way from under a structure all the way to the top just feels right as a zombie.

3.  Guns kill zombies pretty easily.

I could see this being fun if you could wrangle together a group for MP night.  No solo play or depth though, so I can see the concerns about buying too. 

The get Squenix launch screen before going into the proper game. You do need to register for an account through them, which looks like it saves your gamestate on their cloud. As far as I can tell there's no invasive DRM.

Is CAG not quoting replies properly, the last 2 post don't have resposes at the end for me.
I'm seeing the same problem.

The get Squenix launch screen before going into the proper game. You do need to register for an account through them, which looks like it saves your gamestate on their cloud. As far as I can tell there's no invasive DRM.

I'm seeing the same problem.
You can chose to not use their cloud saving, but I think it disables the character booster stuff.

You can chose to not use their cloud saving, but I think it disables the character booster stuff.
Ah, I see it now. It's even turned off by default.

I didn't see away around registering for an account when I first launched, but I also don't notice anything invasive, so I'm not too bothered.

So much for waiting on strike suit zero, maybe it'll be a flash though still 50% for Bastion wow wasn't even close.

lol...this is hilarious to me...this basically amounts to a popularity contest I think... if they made it so you could only vote for games you don't own maybe it'd be a different story?

Maybe the many people who were missing it voted for it?

That game is a STEAL at 85% off.

I already own Bastion: Soundtrack Ed from Gamersgate, though.
Yeah but it's been on sale at least once that I remember for sure this sale. I believe it was twice though. Not to mention it's been in indie bundles. If someone really wanted it they had ample chance to get it by now. I think the votes are turning out to be rigged though in favor of games that have cards.

Maybe the many people who were missing it voted for it?

That game is a STEAL at 85% off.

I already own Bastion: Soundtrack Ed from Gamersgate, though.
I thought it was a Humble Weekly awhile back, I know it was in HIB 5. Either way, wow, how could people not own it already. It on sale enough, lol.

lol...this is hilarious to me...this basically amounts to a popularity contest I think... if they made it so you could only vote for games you don't own maybe it'd be a different story?
THAT is one of the best ideas I've heard i a while. it would force better divesification among flash sales, as well as expose people to other worthy games that they'd be more willing to check out because they are cheap.

THAT is one of the best ideas I've heard i a while. it would force better divesification among flash sales, as well as expose people to other worthy games that they'd be more willing to check out because they are cheap.
The only problem, look at the Dead Island L4D2 and Infected community choice. Most people would have to choose between the two worst zombie games ever seen! As long as it was a bit more regulated

On the talk on Bastion, use this as an excuse to buy the stellar soundtrack! I bought it Full Price and still have it on my IPod! (Low memory and the games that were free for iPod led to many deletions.

Finally bit on Warband today, after successfully talking myself out of it in the previous 47 sales.

Also picked up Gunpoint (Fantastic, but extremely short: I recommend waiting for a better sale and for the dev to figure out how to integrate Steam Workshop to allow for better user-created levels) and 10 Pinball FX2 tables (get Epic Quest.  Now.  No really, stop hesitating over pinball DLC, it's only $1.49 and a ludicrously great table.  Won't be getting any cheaper in this sale either).

The only problem, look at the Dead Island L4D2 and Infected community choice. Most people would have to choose between the two worst zombie games ever seen! As long as it was a bit more regulated

Ummm.. L4D2 and Dead Island are good games, so not sure what the two "worst" ones you are referring to. The general idea would also be that maybe they would diversify the choices a bit too.

For the first couple hours Strike Suit was listed as -66%, not the corrected -85%. Probably a lot of people came in to catch the community vote and said "hey, Bastion's a great game. Good deal for someone who doesn't already own it," and voted accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back