The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did not get a card drop owed me through my purchases.

Does anybody have any idea on how to eat ETS 2 handles without a steering wheel? Im kinda without one but would love to bite on this game.
It works with a 360 pad just fine. I'd call it Partial Controller Support because you still need your keyboard for the myriad of buttons needed but the analog sticks work nicely for control and the game recognizes it flawlessly.

Today was a good day for the sale.

Bought Sang-Froid, Euro Truck Simulator, and Van Helsing. All for reasonable amounts.

The icing on the cake will be a decent discount on Prison Architect tomorrow. If we get anything like a 33% or 40% on Rogue Legacy as well, I'll be over the moon.

Happy days.

:whee:
Prison Architect and Skyrim left.

At this point in the sale I have bought 20 games, but very few of those were actually on my wishlist. Most were impulse buys + the tomb raider price glitch.

The only real thing I was hoping to get out of this sale was 50% or better on Skyrim legendary, and after a community choice and flash deal, that seems less and less likely.

Biggest victory is the fact that the vast majority of my purchases have been with card money

Holding out for 33% off Dungeons and Dragons Mystara Chronicles and dailies for Monaco and Rogue Legacy. My friend is hoping for anything off RE: Revelations.

2nd year I've had a stable job during the summer sale and I'm spending quite a bit less than last year, but still enough that I probably won't be getting to everything I'm adding to the backlog before the winter sale. Good thing I don't have a life.

So i played some War Z and I was running around what seemed to be an empty map but it had 55 people in it and i did not see any zombies or anything. Then I got disconnected and that was it. -_-

Two games left on my list

• Transformers :war for cybertron
  • Awesomenauts
At this point super slim chance either one of those will go on sale. Even though T:WFC has been on sale countless times for 75% and I just failed to have money for it. 

So i played some War Z and I was running around what seemed to be an empty map but it had 55 people in it and i did not see any zombies or anything. Then I got disconnected and that was it. -_-

The zombies are concentrated near the small towns, outposts, and cities. You don't encounter them running in the wilderness (which does kind of suck). The one map is pretty big so you don't encounter people often and you don't want to either. They will kill you.

Oblivion made me wander around its huge landscape going from one city to another on foot because I couldn't steal or afford to buy a horse. It was really boring. And I enjoy pretending I'm a giant golden-skinned lizard on a routine basis.
Being a giant empty world has nothing to do with a game either being or not being a hand-holding affair. When you were given a quest in the game you quite literally did not even have to think of where to go or how to even get there because you could follow the maker the game provided you.

I completely agree though that Oblivion's world was horrible, It was empty and consisted of a summer forest, winter forest, autumn forest, and marshy forest. If I wanted to see nearly the exact same landscape with no iconic points I would go outside in real life.

Hand-holding however is the difference between playing say Perfect Dark and Call of Duty. If you haven't played either game I will explain the difference. In Call of Duty there will either be a giant symbol on your screen saying either "go here" or "do this" and if it isn't immediately there then you can stand around for about 10 seconds and it will appear. Perfect Dark on the other hand gave you say 3 objectives and put in the level. It didn't tell you exactly where the objectives were or exactly how to complete them. That was something you have to figure out. And if you couldn't figure it out you were completely screwed unless you had a game guide or the internet because nothing would even give you a hint.

When a game, such as Oblivion, gives you a marker saying "go here and exactly here" you don't have to think. Then when you get to that location, which is lets say a dungeon, you don't even really have to explore it because yet again the marker will tell you exactly where you need to be in the dungeon or where the person you need to kill is.

Hand-holding simply removes the need for the player to actually process the information given to them and understand what needs to be done and how to do it from that information. Hand-holding does the thinking for you and tends to put the game into an on-rails mode.

Well that was more than I planned on typing...

Well, bought ETS2 (thanks Jake!), WarZ (nope, not calling it the other name), and Risen today. Not a bad sale day at all.
I understand why you don't want to call it by its other name but bear in mind the people coming into the forum that aren't aware of the name change. They see people saying WarZ is shit but they're not looking at WarZ, they're looking to buy Infestation. You're much better off doing Infestation (WarZ)

Just my 2 cents. I don't want those assholes making any money on people's ignorance.

I don't seem to recall a daily deal ever having a better discount than the same game during a flash sale or community choice in the last 2 big sales.  Has that ever happened before?  I thought the discounts were always the same unless there was a glitch (like with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, which I missed).

This sale will be a success for me if I can just snag Rogue Legacy... or even Kentucky Route Zero as a daily so Amazon can PM and I can finally use GOONCAVE :)

I don't seem to recall a daily deal ever having a better discount than the same game during a flash sale or community choice in the last 2 big sales. Has that ever happened before? I thought the discounts were always the same unless there was a glitch (like with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, which I missed).

This sale will be a success for me if I can just snag Rogue Legacy... or even Kentucky Route Zero as a daily so Amazon can PM and I can finally use GOONCAVE :)
To my knowledge it has not. Buying on flash has always been a safe bet that the price wouldn't go lower.

I, however, always optimistic, choose to believe there is a chance Steam will try to profit off that misconception and have Skyrim better than 40%. Get people to buy on flash sale for a more expensive price, and then drop the price when it is a daily to pick up the stragglers.

The one exception I can remember to the above is that the whole franchise won't always go on sale during a flash. I remember a few times where like GTA IV was the flash deal and only 4 and EfLC were 75%, and then when GTA IV was a daily deal, 3 and the complete collection also had their prices dropped.

I understand why you don't want to call it by its other name but bear in mind the people coming into the forum that aren't aware of the name change. They see people saying WarZ is shit but they're not looking at WarZ, they're looking to buy Infestation. You're much better off doing Infestation (WarZ)

Just my 2 cents. I don't want those assholes making any money on people's ignorance.
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, when it comes to this game, I really, really don't care, lol.

BTW when Skyrim was a flash sale and community choice where the other Elder Scrolls games discounted and if so by how much. I would love to get Morrowind...I never got to play it enough back then, and it was fun for the parts I've played.

At the risk of sounding like an asshole, when it comes to this game, I really, really don't care, lol.
tumblr_inline_mf95ag2BmY1r4wcei.jpg

if i liked the war z would I like infestation survivor stories????????? not really into zombie games...........

After all the Euro Truck Simulator 2 talk I gave in along with the Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle & Van Helsing. I don't have many simulator games so I'm excited to dive in to ETS2 & Tropico 4. (Thanks JakeNome!)

Not a bad day by comparison of past days. :beer: :beer: :beer: (I'll score today as 3 out of 5 beers)

Two games left on my list

• Transformers :war for cybertron
  • Awesomenauts
At this point super slim chance either one of those will go on sale. Even though T:WFC has been on sale countless times for 75% and I just failed to have money for it.
Have you tried the trade thread for Awesomenauts? It was in a Humble Bundle recently, so there are almost certainly a ton of cheap codes floating about :)

I actually listed it like that for the same reason :lol:

After all the Euro Truck Simulator 2 talk I gave in along with the Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle & Van Helsing. I don't have many simulator games so I'm excited to dive in to ETS2 & Tropico 4. (Thanks JakeNome!)

Not a bad day by comparison of past days. :beer: :beer: :beer: (I'll score today as 3 out of 5 beers)
Van Helsing doesn't count as a simulation ;)

Getting tired of "OMG GameX is rad! Buy it!" posts... they'd be much improved by sharing a bit of your experience and possibly comparing it to to other games.

It was 75% off on steam like a week before the sale, fyi.

SSF4:AE needs to get cheaper than 75% off, since Ultra SF4 is coming early next year...

Van Helsing is made by the same devs who made King Arthur... and that stuff crashed to $2 or less on Steam before it got put in Indie Galas and such.  Also I believe I read that it was part of a trilogy or episodic.  CAG has changed -- it's more like Moderately Priced Ass Gamer.

My first experience on WarZ.

Tsel: HOW'S THE GAME
Idiotekque: well
Idiotekque: after finally gettign it to stop screen tearing
Idiotekque: and figuring out that ssao makes it run at 30 fps
Idiotekque: i walked for 10 minutes
Tsel: o_O
Idiotekque: found a small town
Idiotekque: found "time capsules" in a building, which are basically just dark souls messages you can leave on the ground
Idiotekque: walked back outside
Idiotekque: got killed by a dude with a scar assault rifle
Idiotekque: i had no weapons, and you can't punch
Idiotekque: so that was fun
Tsel: LOL WTF
Idiotekque: i said "Wow, this game is cool. I didn't even have a weapon. Thanks for that."
Idiotekque: and he said "sure"

Time to make a new character. My character is "injured" for an hour and I can't play as him.

Oh, and when I died the game crashed. It also kicks me at random intervals and gives some "Punkbuster failed to update" message.

I thought there was a special place in hell for CAG's who buy at 50% off. 66% is forgivable. We're only human after all. But 50%, nay, verily I say unto to you, those who prophesie as CAG's with reckless abandon and not practice the ways thereof shall now the days woe and there will be nashing of teeth. And in the days of glory they shall be left to bare witness of the rising of the true CAG's, as they are finally given eternity to play through their backlog. Gaben has set forth in his work, and he saw that it was good. Amen.

Tsel: HOW'S THE GAME
Idiotekque: well
Idiotekque: after finally gettign it to stop screen tearing
Idiotekque: and figuring out that ssao makes it run at 30 fps
Idiotekque: i walked for 10 minutes
Tsel: o_O
Idiotekque: found a small town
Idiotekque: found "time capsules" in a building, which are basically just dark souls messages you can leave on the ground
Idiotekque: walked back outside
Idiotekque: got killed by a dude with a scar assault rifle
Idiotekque: i had no weapons, and you can't punch
Idiotekque: so that was fun
Tsel: LOL WTF
Idiotekque: i said "Wow, this game is cool. I didn't even have a weapon. Thanks for that."
Idiotekque: and he said "sure"

Time to make a new character. My character is "injured" for an hour and I can't play as him.

Oh, and when I died the game crashed. It also kicks me at random intervals and gives some "Punkbuster failed to update" message.
I never got the crash or kicked issues, but my copy isn't on Steam. You should spawn with a flashlight. Which you can equip and use to hit things. Not that it would matter against a rifle. Welcome to the WarZ... shit is real son.

We must stand strong, 75% or death!
discount >= 75% && price < $7.5

If price >= $7.5, it MUST be a game I'll play right away... like Xcom.

My only exceptions were FTL (50%, more than worth!!) and Strike Suit: Infinity (66%, but cards price were around $1 by then)

I thought there was a special place in hell for CAG's who buy at 50% off. 66% is forgivable. We're only human after all. But 50%, nay, verily I say unto to you, those who prophesie as CAG's with reckless abandon and not practice the ways thereof shall now the days woe and there will be nashing of teeth. And in the days of glory they shall be left to bare witness of the rising of the true CAG's, as they are finally given eternity to play through their backlog. Gaben has set forth in his work, and he saw that it was good. Amen.
I ain't worried about nothin'.

No, I ain't worried about nothin'!

Haaah!

Amen!

I suspect some of this is backlash to the "Indie Bundle or GTFO" movement of 2013. I also suspect some of this is gamer guilt. Damn that Indie Game The Movie.

There's also apparently a small subsection of CAG that either doesn't have a backlog or just prioritizes new purchases because I've seen a few of them actually play these games the same day they buy them. I call them the 1%. The revolution will come.

I bought Van Helsing because it looks fun, isn't massively expensive, I haven't bought much so far, and a couple of people (I think it was JakeNome and jshackles) recommended it.

Sometimes a CAG recommendation is all I need to get interested in a game. I can live with it being bad/awful/indifferent if I haven't spent much on it.

Amen!

I suspect some of this is backlash to the "Indie Bundle or GTFO" movement of 2013. I also suspect some of this is gamer guilt. Damn that Indie Game The Movie.

There's also apparently a small subsection of CAG that either doesn't have a backlog or just prioritizes new purchases because I've seen a few of them actually play these games the same day they buy them. I call them the 1%. The revolution will come.
Will the revolution be televised?

Van Helsing is only the 3rd game I've bought in this sale that hasn't been 70-75% off or greater. Knowing the CAG Golden rule (>75% or bust) I should have refrained from purchasing, but I'll be playing it now. I'm still averaging 77% off total game purchases from MSRP. (Yes, I keep track. Finance nerd.)

Side note: The game takes up 19 GBs after unpacking.

Van Helsing is only the 3rd game I've bought in this sale that hasn't been 70-75% off or greater. Knowing the CAG Golden rule (>75% or bust) I should have refrained from purchasing, but I'll be playing it now. I'm still averaging 77% off total game purchases from MSRP. (Yes, I keep track. Finance nerd.)

Side note: The game takes up 19 GBs after unpacking.
Whaaaaatttt!!!??? average? an average?!?!. What black witchery is this?!?!

Amen!

Did I ever tell you about the time I bought Krater at release for 10% off?

That's 90% of recommended retail price.

That's it. Let the hate flow through you.

tumblr_mongg9WZrk1qg10guo4_r1_500.gif

Better than my first experience, I spawned, walked for about 30 seconds, then had some guy shouting racial slurs at me on his mic and proceed to shoot me.

I do wish a company with significant money and manpower would try making one of these types of games though. Both the War Z and DayZ are terribly unpolished and these types of games have a lot of potential.

Did I ever tell you about the time I bought Krater at release for 10% off?

That's 90% of recommended retail price.

That's it. Let the hate flow through you.

tumblr_mongg9WZrk1qg10guo4_r1_500.gif

pshhhh... I once pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PS2 and paid for taxes AND shipping.

I was buying $60 games before $60 games even existed.

pshhhh... I once pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PS2 and paid for taxes AND shipping.

I was buying $60 games before $60 games even existed.
I'm not entirely down with internet lingo but I'm pretty sure we need to put some hipster glasses on your avatar right now. Bravo!

Since we're doing confessional...

I bought the collectors edition of Spore. Fifty bloody quid. And it didn't even run on my crummy laptop.

Agreed. This year people are all over Dust for 50% off, Gunpoint for 40% off, and they're even considering Rogue Legacy for 20% off!

Pitiful, seriously. I haven't bought anything all sale under 75% off.

I never got the crash or kicked issues, but my copy isn't on Steam. You should spawn with a flashlight. Which you can equip and use to hit things. Not that it would matter against a rifle. Welcome to the WarZ... shit is real son.
Well, I'm on my next character now. I will update with my next story soon.

I'm not entirely down with internet lingo but I'm pretty sure we need to put some hipster glasses on your avatar right now. Bravo!

Since we're doing confessional...

I bought the collectors edition of Spore. Fifty bloody quid. And it didn't even run on my crummy laptop.
I've never bought a collector's edition... of a game... I have pre ordered plenty of collector's edition CDs... one of them was supposed to come in an awesome coffin shaped box... $60 well spent... until they sent it... and apparently decided coffin shaped boxes were too expensive... so they replaced it with a regular black box... and then decided why not ship it in said box and just slap a label on it...essentially turning the collector's box into a black shipping box...then it was u idiot u just spent $60 bucks for a black cardboard shipping box...

Agreed. This year people are all over Dust for 50% off, Gunpoint for 40% off, and they're even considering Rogue Legacy for 20% off!

Pitiful, seriously. I haven't bought anything all sale under 75% off.

Well, I'm on my next character now. I will update with my next story soon.
Your.... survival story, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back