The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, do they really think they're going to get more revenue out of repeating Just Cause that was just on sale... yesterday versus something that has yet to be a featured heavy discount? It defies logic.
Not to sound like an ass, but "Steam" and "logic" do not belong in the same sentence. Or paragraph. Ever.

I have an emoticon to sum it all up: :bs:

So, what the hell to vote for?

{Eyebrow raised}

COJ: Gunslinger at 33% off ($10 or so) wouldn't be cheap enough to suit my blood.

RAGE showing up at 75% off and would be cheapest at $5 - which I already own RAGE + ALL DLC.

Darksiders 2 at 75% off and would be most expensive for $12.50 - which I already own this + ALL its DLC.
Same.

Same.

Same.

:wall:

So, what the hell to vote for?

{Eyebrow raised}

COJ: Gunslinger at 33% off ($10 or so) wouldn't be cheap enough to suit my blood.

RAGE showing up at 75% off and would be cheapest at $5 - which I already own RAGE + ALL DLC.

Darksiders 2 at 75% off and would be most expensive for $12.50 - which I already own this + ALL its DLC.
lol the bottom already have it rage buy rage lol darksideers got that 8.13 on amazon editor choice so i choose coj cause pointlelss

Not to sound like an ass, but "Steam" and "logic" do not belong in the same sentence. Or paragraph. Ever.

I have an emoticon to sum it all up: :bs:
Steam is rather a place where natural logic is nonexistent. One would even go to say "This is highly illogical to purchase such game, for I will not play it in months on end." If they used logic. ;)
Edit: DANGIT Spiricore, making me self conscious over my usage of periods.

lol the bottom already have it rage buy rage lol darksideers got that 8.13 on amazon editor choice so i choose coj cause pointlelss
Your grammar never fails to both amuse and confuse the fuck out of me every time. I think effective use of punctuation would work miracles. You'd be surprised how much brain power it takes for a reader to separate each thought and concept when it all reads as one sentence. It's like someone meeting you on the street and saying, "Hi!NicetomeetyouIamFrankbutyoucancallmeJohnnybecausethat'smyfavoritenicknameandohdidyouseethestarslastnightfrickinawesometherewasevenacommetImadeawishandIhopeitcomestruewhereareyourparentsfrom?"

Summer Sale haul:

- Bastion

- BL2 Psycho Pack

- BL2 Commando Madness Pack

- BL2 Gunzerker Supremacy Pack

- BL2 Mechromancer Supremacy Pack

- BL2 Assassin Supremacy Pack

- BL2 Psycho Madness Pack

- BL2 Siren Glitter and Gore Pack

- Poker Night 2

- Euro Truck Simulator 2

- Monaco

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

- Total $24.69 cash and $3.48 card money

I would've loved to spend more but they didn't put much on sale that I wanted or needed (that or they put stuff I wanted on sale at shit discounts *cough* Prison Architect and Rogue Legacy *cough*).

This whole sale has been a joke. If this was Steam's banner "discount" event, it would have never gained the traction it did. Now it's just using it's de facto monopoly to exert market power and increase profits. Heck, it's even started taking lessons from the cable companies: refusal to upgrade infrastructure to meet demand, non-existent customer service, and intermittent-at-best communication (no card announcement for the past two days?).
I would say that comparison is a stretch at best. Their actual store and servers is still the best besides at price changeover points (see GamersGate, GMG, and hell, even Amazon). Also, Steam is a free service. You pay for game licenses which Valve profits from, but for all intents and purposes, the service is free. You aren't entitled to game discounts, which by the way are way better than what console gamers get, nor are you entitled to consistent communication on cards which aren't all Valve but require developer cooperation. I would agree about the non-existent customer service, however.

Wow... these flash deals are ridiculous...

They honestly think it's better to repeat a sale 3 or 4 times in a week instead of letting other games that lost community votes have their chance in the limelight?
If I was in charge of one of Steam's competitors, I would've watched all the community votes closely, and today would've been the day I matched the price on all the deals that failed to make an appearance on Steam. Sure, they didn't win the majority of the votes, but every game got enough votes where you have to believe there are many people out there wishing for those prices to materialize. It would be the perfect opportunity for other digital distributors to gain some new customers.

If I was in charge of one of Steam's competitors, I would've watched all the community votes closely, and today would've been the day I matched the price on all the deals that failed to make an appearance on Steam. Sure, they didn't win the majority of the votes, but every game got enough votes where you have to believe there are many people out there wishing for those prices to materialize. It would be the perfect opportunity for other digital distributors to gain some new customers.
You there! You, using your brain! Stop that! I will arrest you! That behavior will not be tolerated in this establishment!

I do wonder if offering up conquistador as a 75% community option will only hurt them now.  Personally as someone interested in the game but not utterly desperate to have it I now know that the devs are willing to sell it somewhere at a 75% discount, so what would be the point in me purchasing it at 50% or even regular price at this point.  I would definitely expect to see it hit 75% within a month now

Yup, seems pretty stupid. They just keep rotating in the same shit over and over. You'd think they'd take games that lost community votes and stick them in flash deals. Basically you'll still get the sales on them, just if they win the vote you get it sooner. It's annoying that they keep putting stuff that has already been apart of dailies and numerous flash sales back into flash sales.
It's especially frustrating since some of the deals that only appeared in community choice lists (Expeditions : Conquistador, Kentucky Route Zero, etc.) had absolutely no chance of winning against more well-known games. I sometimes wonder why they even bother giving choices when you can almost always guess which game will win.

Yup, seems pretty stupid. They just keep rotating in the same shit over and over. You'd think they'd take games that lost community votes and stick them in flash deals. Basically you'll still get the sales on them, just if they win the vote you get it sooner. It's annoying that they keep putting stuff that has already been apart of dailies and numerous flash sales back into flash sales.
It's especially frustrating since some of the deals that only appeared in community choice lists (Expeditions : Conquistador, Kentucky Route Zero, etc.) had absolutely no chance of winning against more well-known games. I sometimes wonder why they even bother giving choices when you can almost always guess which game will win.

I do wonder if offering up conquistador as a 75% community option will only hurt them now. Personally as someone interested in the game but not utterly desperate to have it I now know that the devs are willing to sell it somewhere at a 75% discount, so what would be the point in me purchasing it at 50% or even regular price at this point. I would definitely expect to see it hit 75% within a month now
It definitely hurt them.

I don't know why you're having trouble voting? Maybe you have the "wrong" skin color for your state?

Like others this Community Vote won't elicit a purchase from me, so I'm simply voting what I feel, RAGE.

During the Winter sale, Valve will use up 1 flash slot every 8 hours with a booster item that will increase foil card drop rate by 50%. The rest of the slots will be repeats of previous dailies, of course.
You. Sush!

Eyes of Ganon Gaben are everywhere!

I guess I have to thank Steam & Amazon DVG for coming up w/ enough "not so enticing" 75% off or better sales for me.

Thanks for saving me a real good deal of $! :D

So, remember when I was complaining that Steam Achievement Manager wouldn't run for me and I'd immediately be hit with the "...has stopped working" error upon attempting to launch it? Well, I'm still getting that error despite numerous tries at fixing it, but that's beside the point.

Now I'm getting that very same error when I try to play Strike Suit Zero. I click launch and I get "SSZ Launcher has stopped working". I've tried verifying the integrity of the cache to no avail. I don't know why I'm getting these problems. 

I think this is the most I've spent on a Summer Sale, though I am not sure how much I saved with cards. I spent just a bit over $100.

Would I like Civ V if I've never played a game like it before? Also does it take a lot of time to beat?
Beat?!? lol, Civ V isn't one of those you "beat" you can win some playthoughs. Beating it is like "beating" backgammon.

Illusion of Choice

k0pv0.jpg

I guess I have to thank Steam & Amazon DVG for coming up w/ enough "not so enticing" 75% off or better sales for me.

Thanks for saving me a real good deal of $! :D
Massive backlog doesn't look so bad now! ^_~

So.....before the summer sale, creating a badge yielded a crappy coupon and some stuff.  During the sale, we got a Getaway card.

Do you think at some magical hour, creating a badge will revert back to crappy % off coupons?

Hmmmm, make badges now for getaway cards, or save cards for potential price recovery......

So.....before the summer sale, creating a badge yielded a crappy coupon and some stuff. During the sale, we got a Getaway card.

Do you think at some magical hour, creating a badge will revert back to crappy % off coupons?

Hmmmm, make badges now for getaway cards, or save cards for potential price recovery......
You won't get more Summer Sale Badge cards for crafting later... so it's either crappy coupons or nothing (same difference).

Massive backlog doesn't look so bad now! ^_~
My massive backlog never looked bad in the 1st place. :D

I would've liked to increase the backlog...

...but, the sales weren't good enough to me, in many instances -- i.e. they (games I wanted) weren't 75% off or better; what's 75% off or better I already owned; or the 75% off deals just weren't games I was interested in.

I spent almost $80 (including Steam, Amazon, and GMG) and $45 of that was Steam wallet. So while many aspects of this sale were extremely frustrating (repeats, poll results) I can't get too down on it. (I'd post a haul but even though I think it's fun and harmless, I get the feeling most people see it as myopic navel gazing. Spoil-sports.)

Well I didn't see any crazy awesome deals that I just had to jump on, but I did buy a few games. Only really kicking myself for not jumping on Dust or Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Well I didn't see any crazy awesome deals that I just had to jump on, but I did buy a few games. Only really kicking myself for not jumping on Dust or Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Yeah, I hadn't watched video of Dust while it was on sale, so I had a totally different idea about it from the screenshots... I'd have been sorely tempted, but $7.50 for 50% off indie game... it's okay, I've got other games to play while I wait.

...now 66% ($5) and things would be different.

since we are posting hauls, here is mine:

Defiance - $10

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army - $3.82

Tomb Raider I, II, III, IV, V, VI, Anniversary and Underworld - $5.32 (price mistake ftw)

Tomb Raider: Tomb of the Lost Adventurer - $0.74

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate - $4.99

Puzzle Quest 2 - $2.49

Rush Bros. - $1.87

Trine 2 Complete Story Upgrade - $1

Strike Suit Zero - $2.99

Strike Suit Infinity - $1.74

Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack - $8.74

Gunpoint - $5.99

Trial Evolution Gold Edition - $9.99

To The Moon - $2.99

Zack Zero - $2.99

Half Minute Hero - $2.49

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - $1.99

Euro Truck Simulator - $4.50

Shattered Haven - $1

steam cards - $10

Total = $87.45

the last two games on the list I bought here on CAG and I got Gunpoint from the directly from the devs, all the others I purchased on steam. Not a great sale this year but I did get two games I really wanted (Puzzle Quest 2 and Euro Sim 2) for cheap so I'm happy.

My haul this summer was:

Sonic Hits (pre sale price glitch), Just Cause 1 & 2, Tomb Raider Anniversary & Underworld, Witcher 2, Fallout NV, Deux Ex + DLC, Castle Crashers.

Total was just over $30 paid for by about $8 real money and the rest card money.

Well my haul is pretty small.

Purchases

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Garry's Mod

Batman: Arkham City - GOTY

Deus Ex Collection

Episodes From Liberty City

FTL

Gifts to me

Scribblenauts

Total came to 0 real doll hairs and I still have roughly $10 of steam bucks left which is quite nice.

Element4l
Bleed
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Cart Life
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Half Minute Hero
To The Moon
Rock of Ages
Storm in a Teacup
Time Gentleman, Please + Ben There, Dan That

Stuff I Got Earlier in the Sale
Castle Crashers
Bastion
Terraria
Monaco
System Shock 2
Star Wars Battlefront II

Stuff I Wanted That I Didn't Get/Didn't Go On Sale Enough
Kentucky Route Zero
Prison Architect
La-Mulana
Chaos on Deponia
Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Van Helsing
Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Is the inventory not working for anyone? I bought a card on the market and it never actually showed up.
Server lag. It will show up eventually. Strange, though - for me, buying has been fine but selling has been problematic (cards take >2 hours to show up on an item page).

I do wonder if offering up conquistador as a 75% community option will only hurt them now. Personally as someone interested in the game but not utterly desperate to have it I now know that the devs are willing to sell it somewhere at a 75% discount, so what would be the point in me purchasing it at 50% or even regular price at this point. I would definitely expect to see it hit 75% within a month now
This is my view now for PC Game buying. 75% minimum. I think the whole digital game market has hurt prices a ton since I used to buy boxed games for $19.99. Of course, maybe everyone here on CAG is the minority since a ton of people picked up stuff like CoD: Black Ops on release (maybe single guys with no kids...).

In my case, it's worst since I won't even put stuff in the backlog anymore at 75% off. My backlog is big enough already over the past 2 years of sales. Everything will eventually hit 75% off (maybe except Activation stuff? which I just avoid anyways).

I'm now in the camp of 75% and less than $5 for something I want to play right now. Sales happen so often over all the different vendors, it's sorta a waste (unless you are rich or like to pay more than needed or have no patience).

Helps that I have no time and my machine is a slow laptop...so it works for me.

When the front page of Steam says "It’s the last day of the sale and we’ve brought back the most popular deals. Don’t miss out!", are they "the most popular" simply because they've been listed ad nauseam over and over again, and therefor are "popular" by default, or is there some actual math going on?? :headache:

Have 2 copies of Galatic Civilization: Ultimate Pack (Gal. Civ 1 & 2 + ALL DLC)

Want: 2 copies of Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light.

Trading for only 1 copy is fine.

Steamname: EternalGamer2

When the front page of Steam says "It’s the last day of the sale and we’ve brought back the most popular deals. Don’t miss out!", are they "the most popular" simply because they've been listed ad nauseam over and over again, and therefor are "popular" by default, or is there some actual math going on?? :headache:
It's probably both. :p

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I missed the Fallout 1, 2 and tactics 85% off deal.  That was the one thing I wanted this sale.  Oh well, I guess there is always next sale.

Also wasn't very impressed with Amazon's sale. Discounts were mediocre and there weren't really any packs aside from the indie stuff and even those were iffy. Price matching + coupon worked out nice if you're a fan of AAA games which... I'm not. Ah well. Hopefully Valve puts up some decent daily/midweek/weekend deals in the near future. They've seemed better than most of the event deals in recent months.
I honestly didn't even look in that thread much. I had tons of Steam wallet funds from cards and a few gift cards I received. Based on the lackluster Indie sale, constantly running out of keys, disappearing bundles... I just kinda gave up on it. You gotta work HARD to find and buy digital game deals at Amazon.

Has anyone played Under The Ocean. It looks like one of the few on the hidden "gems" list that looked someone what original/different.
Curious too... it's on my wishlist and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. For some reason I have a survival game itch and those games are super-appealing to me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back