The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this message whenever I try to generate a Steam key from Desura:

All keys are in use, please wait for a site administrator to contact you with a key.

Groupees also now has Steam keys for it.
Oh, whoops. Yeah, Groupees was what I meant to say. Space madness for staying up until 4AM.

One whole golden key... why do I bother?

CT5TJ-JCT6F-KJS3J-J3T3J-XZJWR
Because it makes us

happy-children.jpg

If anyone is a fan of the Total War series and King Arthur myths, then the King Arthur Collection at Amazon is $5. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7YY3NY  Ignore the fact that it doesn't include KAII, as the sequel is a buggy piece of crap. The game is basically a story based Medieval Total War, set in the fantasy world of King Arthur, with a dash of RPG elements. I'd give it a solid 7/10 so far.

What's more disappointing then getting on Steam and that new inventory item is a McPixel booster? Getting on Steam and that new inventory item is a 10% off coupon for Shadowfall. At least McPixel made me a few cents.

Because it makes us

happy-children.jpg
Exactly. It turns us into a Kidz Bop CD cover, with Mind Link as Lil' Lil' Wayne, Idiot as Lil' Eminem, ashes as Lil' Rihanna, MysterD as Lil' Chris Brown, Mooby as Lil' Seth Green, and Fox as Lil' RIcky Martin. Racism entirely intentional. :razz:

Also, thanks for the info about the keys.

All these indie bundles are making me not buy games unless I really want them. I'm just like, "Eh, it'll be bundled eventually."
Ayup. But I imagine while it's hurt individual sales, they're still seeing increased profits from bundling.

As far as the daily goes, I read via Flipboard that SENZA is getting a sequel. The first one is fine for what it is, but there's no depth to it at all. I haven't played the regular Sniper Elite games, and I hope those have a little more... meat on their bones.

http://cow.org/csi/

Ayup. But I imagine while it's hurt individual sales, they're still seeing increased profits from bundling.

As far as the daily goes, I read via Flipboard that SENZA is getting a sequel. The first one is fine for what it is, but there's no depth to it at all. I haven't played the regular Sniper Elite games, and I hope those have a little more... meat on their bones.

I got NZA over Christmas and recently played through it solo. It's really fun. It plays like Left4Dead, but you -have- to make sure the enemies are dead by blowing their heads off (or getting them with explosives) otherwise they'll just come back to unlife. The normal difficulty has mostly toned down bullet physics, but in hard... you -have- to compensate for distance, heartbeat, breathing, and weapon recoil / stats - or else your long range shots won't hit a damn thing.

Since I beat NZA, I started playing Sniper Elite 2. What little I played (the first two missions) was pretty interesting. You can't just go shooting up everyone, you have to plan your kills and an escape route, leaving boobytraps to slow enemies down. It reminded me a lot of Hitman in that sense. You can replay missions later on to test new routes / strategies.

NZA is an okayish intro to Sniper Elite v2. It teaches you the basics but it doesn't explain how to use the extra weapons (It took me a while to figure out how trip wire mines were supposed to be placed) while v2 teaches you that in the first mission.

Finally got my Zafehouse Diaries steam key! I'm surprised by their generosity in giving 3 keys for each store. (Desura, GOG, Steam)

On another note, I cant still play Outlast for very long. I'm not sure if its because I'm currently addicted with Prison Architect or I'm just a pansy for this kind of horror games. I mean I love watching horror movies and playing Silent Hill and any other action horror games but this and Amnesia...

I was just watching Patrick from GB play it on his horror game stream, seemed pretty good. Can't wait to watch him play A Machine for Pigs. He said the original Amnesia scared the bleep out of him, so this should be good.

I think Outlast is one of those games that you should only play once. More than that and it loses its magic. Im fine with that as some of the most memorable games that I played is like that. (ie: To the Moon, The Walking Dead)

I was just watching Patrick from GB play it on his horror game stream, seemed pretty good. Can't wait to watch him play A Machine for Pigs. He said the original Amnesia scared the bleep out of him, so this should be good.
Amnesia is as scary as Lost Planet is good... and Lost Planet sucks.

[customspoiler=-_-] :spam: [/customspoiler]

I think Outlast is one of those games that you should only play once. More than that and it loses its magic. Im fine with that as some of the most memorable games that I played is like that. (ie: To the Moon, The Walking Dead)
Speaking of To the Moon, they finally got that lone achievement implemented. So for anyone wanting a quick 100% on your profile, if you've already played through it and still have the save (cloud), it's just a matter of loading it up and replaying/sitting/possibly weeping through the ending bits again, and viola.

Speaking of To the Moon, they finally got that lone achievement implemented. So for anyone wanting a quick 100% on your profile, if you've already played through it and still have the save (cloud), it's just a matter of loading it up and replaying/sitting/possibly weeping through the ending bits again, and viola.
Sure you don't mean violin?

Thanks for this! I'm not really into achievements but for this game I'll make an exception.

So, I just finished up my playthroughs of RE4 and RE:Revelations and am trying to figure out what I want to play next and something dawned on me.  I spend more time deliberating on what games to play than I do on what games to buy.  Guess I should just stick to the buying part, since that seems to be easier.

So, I just finished up my playthroughs of RE4 and RE:Revelations and am trying to figure out what I want to play next and something dawned on me. I spend more time deliberating on what games to play than I do on what games to buy. Guess I should just stick to the buying part, since that seems to be easier.
Mine is convincing myself I don't need to play more TF2 for drops

I would say SE2 the game has a lot more meat on its bones than NZA. NZA just throws you into things and if you haven't played the base game you might feel lost. There's also a lot less strategy and no stealth involved in NZA>

Also, why is the Like This button a bootleg FB copycat color now... yuck.

Hey guys, this is a bit off-topic, but I thought it was worth posting. 

Siv HD on Twitch has been streaming League of Legends to raise money for charity. USAID is matching his donations by 16x. His viewers' contributions alone has netted the charity almost 1 million dollars, with a grand total of 6.2 million combined from other streamers.

He's surpassed his original goal of $50k in just 10 hours and is still going strong. Take a look and pitch in a few bucks if you can, as this is definitely an awesome feat. There's also a few Steam games you can get for donating, so it may be worth checking out for those interested in that. 

Exactly. It turns us into a Kidz Bop CD cover, with Mind Link as Lil' Lil' Wayne, Idiot as Lil' Eminem, ashes as Lil' Rihanna, MysterD as Lil' Chris Brown, Mooby as Lil' Seth Green, and Fox as Lil' RIcky Martin. Racism entirely intentional. :razz:

Also, thanks for the info about the keys.
That's eerily accurate, although MysterD is white.

So, I just finished up my playthroughs of RE4 and RE:Revelations and am trying to figure out what I want to play next and something dawned on me. I spend more time deliberating on what games to play than I do on what games to buy. Guess I should just stick to the buying part, since that seems to be easier.
I was quite literally thinking the exact same thing today. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I strike something off the backlog, but then I'm struct with an awful case of indecision as I debate what I should play next. I haven't found any solution to it other than randomly picking something that looks interesting and rolling with it, but I miss the days when games screamed "play me" and I could enjoy them without feeling like I ought to be playing something else :whistle2:(

wats a 1 pack
As in woulda been cheaper if I could have split a 4-pack, but there was no interest in splitting a 4-pack, so it could have been even less than $3.60.

TL;DR 1-pack is a lot like when you diddle yourself. More fun with others, but you're stuck going solo.

As in woulda been cheaper if I could have split a 4-pack, but there was no interest in splitting a 4-pack, so it could have been even less than $3.60.

TL;DR 1-pack is a lot like when you diddle yourself. More fun with others, but you're stuck going solo.
y u diddle urself

I have been neglecting my Steam backlog for my PS3 one, but I finally found a way back: spraining my thumb. It's difficult to use a controller but a mouse is no problem. Dragon Age is fine with KB+M right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back