The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Cities XL Platinum is the latest version and it doesn't have securom and according to the developer, the previous Cities XL 2011 has securom removed but it is not updated on the steam store page.
Hmm, well 2011 was the one I was considering since platinum was only -66%, but I should probably just wait for it to drop more.Good to know the DRM is allegedly removed :applause:

Hmm, well 2011 was the one I was considering since platinum was only -66%, but I should probably just wait for it to drop more.Good to know the DRM is allegedly removed :applause:

I think, and i haven't checked this for awhile, but I think I can get xl platinum for 85% off because I own cities xl 2011.

I can't tell for sure right now, because the sale price overides the loyalty discount.

You can take a chance and wait until the sale is over and I could possibly help you out.

Platinum has about 50 new buildings, other than that, it is the same game as the 2011 version. Lowest discount for Platinum was 85% off for those that own Cities 2011, not sure if the loyalty discount is still available.

Is divinity 2 worth it? I love RPG's so I'm curious.

Also is the anthology worth it?
Divine Divinity is great. It's similar to Diablo 2 in the click-and-point ARPG genre - but the world's more open to the player; and the storytelling & characters are fantastic.

Only problem - Divine Divinity's English voice-acting is all over the damn place, ranging from terrible to decent.

Beyond Divinity is actually pretty good - and it's probably the worst game in the franchise. It's similar to Divine Divinity - except it's more linear; darker in concept; and you control two characters (instead of one).

Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (DKS) / Developer's Cut is great.

Highly recommend that. Controls are different - they're more direct now. Div 2 plays more like a cross somewhere b/t Fable 1 and Skyrim in this game.

Side note:

Divinity 2: DKS contains original Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Remastered Edition + Flames of Vengeance expansion.

Developer's Cut is DKS + a in-game console to throw in cheats and other crazy stuff, if you want.

Poor people buying Metro Last Light for $20! 2000x more than I paid for it! (Best Buy online glitch FTW!)

More on topic, didn't Steam have a Halloween sale last year?
I'd be happy w/ Metro: LL being $10 or less.

Especially if it contained the Season Pass. ;)

I'd be happy w/ Metro: LL being $10 or less.

Especially if it contained the Season Pass. ;)
Me too, Metro 2033 was surely worth the 5$ I paid for it before it was almost free, and Last Light friends thoughts is that is awesome so.. will get it for 10$ or less.

So, has anybody played Games Of Thrones RPG?

If so - how is it?

EDIT:

Same question applies to Confrontation, as well. 

Anyone play it? If so - how is it?

Divine Divinity is great. It's similar to Diablo 2 in the click-and-point ARPG genre - but the world's more open to the player; and the storytelling & characters are fantastic.

Only problem - Divine Divinity's English voice-acting is all over the damn place, ranging from terrible to decent.

Beyond Divinity is actually pretty good - and it's probably the worst game in the franchise. It's similar to Divine Divinity - except it's more linear; darker in concept; and you control two characters (instead of one).

Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (DKS) / Developer's Cut is great.

Highly recommend that. Controls are different - they're more direct now. Div 2 plays more like a cross somewhere b/t Fable 1 and Skyrim in this game.

Side note:

Divinity 2: DKS contains original Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Remastered Edition + Flames of Vengeance expansion.

Developer's Cut is DKS + a in-game console to throw in cheats and other crazy stuff, if you want.
I grew up on Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 and lots of others in the genre. I recently tried to play Divine Divinity lately and the game felt almost unplayable to me. The game felt slow I guess, is it because the game is ancient? Do I need mods to make it better? Should I give it another shot? (I loaded up and tried to play for 10 minutes and then closed it right away.)

I grew up on Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 and lots of others in the genre. I recently tried to play Divine Divinity lately and the game felt almost unplayable to me. The game felt slow I guess, is it because the game is ancient? Do I need mods to make it better? Should I give it another shot? (I loaded up and tried to play for 10 minutes and then closed it right away.)
DD came out in 2002.

Anyways, it's not entirely a non-stop breakneck pace like say Diablo 2 + TQ + TL2 + Sacred series + some of the others ARPG's. If you're looking for that kind of game - you got the wrong game.

DD is an ARPG; but DD is also more than that - it also has great story + characters.

Yes, it's at a slower pace - but later on, it can get hectic on-screen w/ some of the bigger battles at camps and whatnot.

I bought the disciples bundle because it mentioned two games like everyone else said. I only see a key for Resurrection though. No Renaissance. Do I just wait?

Thoughts on Orcs and Men? I'm tempted at that price....

I'm in for the Game of Thrones. How can it not be worth $7.50?
I've only played a little Orcs and Men (25 minutes - like first half of the tutorial).

It was different than what I was expecting, but I make most of my impulse buying decisions old school style, based on a few screenshots and the cover. The combat system is turn based with a queue, so you have like 5 slots to queue up different actions (from attacks, defenses, special abilities) and then you go. You can target each action to an enemy if you are facing a mob. The other aspect of it is that you can switch between a big orc and a small goblin depending on the situation. There's also the implication you can't attack all the time because if the orc does that he loses control and goes into a rage where I assume he's more vulnerable. There's voice acting, but it's not the best. Overall, I've enjoyed it so far but I don't usually play RPGs so I'm not a good judge of character.

I'm enjoying it, but do note the voice acting and dialog is barely on the level of your average b-movie. The animations, specifically lip sync, could also be better though overall I think it looks pretty decent. It's hard to say what I actually like about the game, but I am having a pretty good time so far (I think I'm a little over an hour in). It definitely isn't the best game out there, and chances are you have better ones in your backlog like all of us, but for what it is (I tend to describe it as LotR meets Bioware, though I expect many would just say that's Dragon Age) it's not half bad and I think worth playing if it sounds like something you'd enjoy :)

I'm a bit tempted on GoT: RPG Special Edition - especially since it has all the DLC here.

But, it sounds like general consensus is - the story, plot, & characters are excellent.

Not sure what to make of the combat, given it seems like from reviews - opinions WIDELY VARY here.

And from most reviews - seems like the voice-acting is all over the place.

I don't know.

{infamous shoulder shrug}

I'm a bit tempted on GoT: RPG Special Edition - especially since it has all the DLC here.

But, it sounds like general consensus is - the story, plot, & characters are excellent.

Not sure what to make of the combat, given it seems like from reviews - opinions WIDELY VARY here.

I don't know.

If you get it, I'll get it.

photo-thumb-228123.jpg
 is a damn-fine OP.

twitter.com/SpooderW/status/375791319219597313

And no sign of a Steam key on my Desura page or my Groupees page. Got a bad feeling that they're fucking us. fucking indie developers, even at 8 games for a dollar they manage to disappoint me.

https://www.twitter.com/SpooderW/status/375791319219597313

And no sign of a Steam key on my Desura page or my Groupees page. Got a bad feeling that they're fucking us. fucking indie developers, even at 8 games for a dollar they manage to disappoint me.
I'd be disappointed, if I was actually expecting a key. The devs are a bunch of turdburger elitists and have some sort of vendetta against Groupees, so I'm not the least bit surprised they aren't giving us anything. Not that I cared since I have no desire to play it anyway, but it's definitely bad form for an indie developer specifically to so blatantly disregard their past buyers :oldman:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.  And they'd say something like -- well you didn't really buy it, it was a bonus in a bundle with tons of other games.

twitter.com/SpooderW/status/375791319219597313

60de3b5de72d61ac0d198ed91e8dee81_normal.png
Mike Maulbeck ‏@SpooderW 2h

Steam keys sent to IGS, Desura, and Humble. Should be coming through shortly.
60de3b5de72d61ac0d198ed91e8dee81_normal.png
Mike Maulbeck @SpooderW
Working on Kickstarter keys...it's gonna be a while on those.
:razz:

Dude's mentioned everything but Groupees lol. That's some elite trolling.

On the flipside, anyone who has Paranormal (the first person horror game) on Desura should have a Steam key there generated for them (there's one there for me).

And that game doesn't release on Steam for another week.

To get both games requires bumping your total up a penny to $1.00.
yeah I bumped it to a $1.00 then back down to 99 cents and both games stayed. (have them activated and downloaded on Steam already woohoo)

On the flipside, anyone who has Paranormal (the first person horror game) on Desura should have a Steam key there generated for them (there's one there for me).

And that game doesn't release on Steam for another week.
yeah, I activated mine earlier :) it's in my library but it's locked until its released.

also

was anyone able to pay less than 99 cents to get both games on the disciples bundle, don't wanna feel ripped off. lol

damn forgot to mention, they're giving aquanox away free right here in this post

9H6Q9-8LZR0-B24NP

http://codeavarice.com/post/60420317440/paranautical-activity-is-available-now-on-steam-how-to

Paranautical Activity is available NOW on Steam! HOW TO GET YOUR KEY/CODE.

by Mike

Paranautical Activity is available now on Steam via the early access program. Get it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/250580/

HOW TO GET YOUR KEY IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED

Desura: Go to http://www.desura.com/collection and click “keys” next to PA, if you bought the game on Desura you should have a key. Redeeming free Desura keys will not yield a free Steam key as well.

IndieGameStand: Go to https://indiegamestand.com/wallet.php and click the “Request Steam Key” button next to PA.

Humble: I’m still waiting to hear back to them on keys.

Kickstarter: You will be recieving your code via email soon. I’ll update this post once the keys have been sent.

Groupees: I donno….I’ll update this post once I know how that’s supposed to work.

Lol.  Although I do agree with the principal of not handing out two Steam keys to Groupees buyers.  Hopefully he doesn't squirm too much when it comes to giving the keys directly to Groupees.

And that game doesn't release on Steam for another week.
Thanks for this. Been excited about this one for quite some time.

Sounds - to me - like Groupees buyers will be getting codes. You just won't be able to get them through Desura, where it's counted as a "free key" to prevent a single buyer from getting multiple keys. Seems fair.

Although the dev really doesn't seem like a great guy, I am interested in the game.

Sounds - to me - like Groupees buyers will be getting codes. You just won't be able to get them through Desura, where it's counted as a "free key" to prevent a single buyer from getting multiple keys. Seems fair.

Although the dev really doesn't seem like a great guy, I am interested in the game.
that's how I read it too, seems like he doesn't know how to give groupees the steam keys though, which I find surprising since he's likely contacted them before. Shouldn't he still have their contact info?

and also I posted a vessel code on the amazon thread and received a pm from a lurker who signed up just to thank me

Welcome Jame Retief to CAG, everyone

sunasun,

Jame Retief has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Vessel giveaway".

Jame Retief said:

I wanted to say thank you for the Vessel Steam key you gave away in the Amazon thread. I've been a lurker on CAG forever and since I was able to redeem the Steam code you posted, I registered to say thank you in the thread.

However, there is a 2 day wait for new members to post in the forums and I wanted to let you know that it was appreciated, hence this message. :)

Thank you!

I bought PA via IndieGameStand, not realising that it had previously been Groupeed. So you'll forgive my snorts of derision from my lofty perch atop my high horse.

Ho ho ho, I say!

Ho. Ho. Ho.

*blows trumpet*

To the hunt!

I don't know.

Well, the Special Edition, which is listed at $9.99 on sale now, was $7.50 on sale about a week ago, so, just saying. . . .

Does anyone here play Wargame:EU?  Worth it at $4.99?  I have had this one on my wishlist for a while but as usual I can't remember why.  That wishlist is a dangerous thing.  Makes me think there are games that I must buy just because they are sitting right there on my list waiting to be added to the purchased pile.

Does anyone here play Wargame:EU? Worth it at $4.99? I have had this one on my wishlist for a while but as usual I can't remember why. That wishlist is a dangerous thing. Makes me think there are games that I must buy just because they are sitting right there on my list waiting to be added to the purchased pile.

I bought it a couple months ago (still unplayed). Watched a gameplay video to decide... the moment I realized I watched the video about 20 minutes straight, I knew I had to buy it xD

If you like that kind of games, it seems to be fantastic (and looks awesome too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back