The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
f455552c-1ca7-4c98-adb9-3cea6286bccc_zps75642cd4.jpg

lmfaO

amazing that I found the seemingly exact font -- or close

lol the darks on the right came out so crushed that... I dunno, it kinda looks like a muppet octopus tentacle

maybe a dead gopher with its back to the face, damn

Weeklong deals are a bit disappointing. Nothing even remotely interesting, IMHO.
Only thing I'm interested in is the DLC for Hamilton's Great Adventure at $0.19.

Son of a boob, when CAG got redesigned I didn't realize that the feedback form had changed, so I've been writing my feedbacks in the wrong field and then the private memo part (which doesn't appear to exist anymore) in the actual feedback field. Whoops.
:rofl:

I did the same [not selecting the correct option from the feedback buyer/seller drop-down] and even after I found out about it I still didn't bother because it's hassle. I started doing it though once someone PMed about filling out the FB wrong. Didn't know people cared, but since then I just put it to trader for everything and leave it vague.
It does make a difference: a member with 10 positive feedback as a seller looks more trustworthy than a member with 10 positive feedback as a buyer

All gone guys

- Thanks for scooping them so quickly and saving me the indecency of resorting to CL

- Sorry I couldn't hit you all off, I got so many damn messages

- It's kind of creepy the amount of people who read this thread without posting in it

-
Oz286Db.gif
:oldman:

So how about that Terraria update? It's installed on a different computer than the one I'm using now, so I haven't seen how large the download is, but I see that some CAGs on my friend list are playing it.

lol the darks on the right came out so crushed that... I dunno, it kinda looks like a muppet octopus tentacle

maybe a dead gopher with its back to the face, damn
Looks like a plush dildo to me.

Now that you see it, you can't unsee it.

So how about that Terraria update? It's installed on a different computer than the one I'm using now, so I haven't seen how large the download is, but I see that some CAGs on my friend list are playing it.

18mbs, which sounds small until you remember Terraria itself is only 40 or so. It sounds pretty substantial and talking to FoxHack about it has me very eager to finally start to dig into the game. Also it has Unicorn Mounts and Lightsabers, what's not to like? ^_^

All gone guys

- Thanks for scooping them so quickly and saving me the indecency of resorting to CL

- Sorry I couldn't hit you all off, I got so many damn messages

- It's kind of creepy the amount of people who read this thread without posting in it

-
Oz286Db.gif
another great deal from vince carter, pre dildo on face.

Only thing I'm interested in is the DLC for Hamilton's Great Adventure at $0.19.

:rofl:

It does make a difference: a member with 10 positive feedback as a seller looks more trustworthy than a member with 10 positive feedback as a buyer

:oldman:
awesome picked up the dlc for Hamilton's great adventure in case I ever play it. (ignore my steam times, I idled it)

Looks like a plush dildo to me.

Now that you see it, you can't unsee it.
why do I bother taking my mind out of the gutter? lmao so are you calling vince carter a dick face? or cock-eyed?

but you're right I can't unsee it now. :)

EDIT:

Son of a bitch, just got a Lord of the Cakes Foil drop from Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory that's selling for 8.00 and I can't put it on the market because I'm locked out till the 11th because I followed Valve's "fixes" that didn't even work and now it thinks I'm on a new device. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

18mbs, which sounds small until you remember Terraria itself is only 40 or so. It sounds pretty substantial and talking to FoxHack about it has me very eager to finally start to dig into the game. Also it has Unicorn Mounts and Lightsabers, what's not to like? ^_^
Unicorn mounts? Lightsabers?!? Terraria just bumped up my backlog list a good bit.

Assassin's Creed 4 PC version has finally been dated, Nov 19 in NA. Maybe Steam will put it up for pre-order now. I wanna know what pre-order bonuses are gonna be offered or if I can get a good deal via regional pricing.

EDIT:
Son of a bitch, just got a Lord of the Cakes Foil drop from Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory that's selling for 8.00 and I can't put it on the market because I'm locked out till the 11th because I followed Valve's "fixes" that didn't even work and now it thinks I'm on a new device. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Son of a pop tart! I'm in the same boat, stupid Steam fixes, seriously. Being banished from the Steam market for two weeks for logging in from a new device seems completely lame and lazy of Steam. I get the protection aspect considering the intrinsic value of a Steam account, but two weeks? Seems a little ridiculous. There should be a way to overturn such an unfavorable occurrence.

Son of a pop tart! I'm in the same boat, stupid Steam fixes, seriously. Being banished from the Steam market for two weeks for logging in from a new device seems completely lame and lazy of Steam. I get the protection aspect considering the intrinsic value of a Steam account, but two weeks? Seems a little ridiculous. There should be a way to overturn such an unfavorable occurrence.
Did you guys tried selling using the firefox or chrome? I also cant sell using steam client but I don't have the problem in the browser.

Metro for Steam skin has been updated to 3.2. Anyone use this? I really like it. I tweak two settings to make it darker than default, and change the highlight color to blue, and then it's perfect. I switched over from Pixelvision to this.

Yeah. You and your avatar turned me on to it. I prefer it over the drab, aesthetically archaic design from 1991 or whenever.

Origin and Uplay >>>>>>>>>>>

If anyone lacks the base game, I'll recommend it. I just finished up the main storyline, and have some bonus levels left to play. Some cleverness to the puzzles and a nice aesthetic about it.

Metro for Steam skin has been updated to 3.2. Anyone use this? I really like it. I tweak two settings to make it darker than default, and change the highlight color to blue, and then it's perfect. I switched over from Pixelvision to this.
I use it now, after you turned me onto it. Thanks for the heads up on the update, I'm definitely digging this after using the stock theme exclusively for so long.

It's good to see these older games on Steam, though I kinda feel bad for GOG.com, seems they had exclusivity deals in place for a certain number of years that are all expiring now.

I like that last part.

I use the client as little as possible, because I can't stand life without ES.

I've contacted Valve for written approval on this. Because of the required technology involved, I want to make sure that people will not be inadvertently breaking any part of the Steam Subscriber Agreement as a result of using it. So if Valve says it's cool, I'll release a version of Enhanced Steam that works with everything (Internet Explorer, Opera 12, Steam Client, etc). Fingers crossed!

I've contacted Valve for written approval on this. Because of the required technology involved, I want to make sure that people will not be inadvertently breaking any part of the Steam Subscriber Agreement as a result of using it. So if Valve says it's cool, I'll release a version of Enhanced Steam that works with everything (Internet Explorer, Opera 12, Steam Client, etc). Fingers crossed!
Not to rain on your parade but I doubt Valve will be cool with it. It goes against their interests to put old sale prices on front street like that. If something is on sale for 50% off and has been 75% off before, they don't want to deter people from buying it. I'd personally like it because I never look at the web client myself.

Not to rain on your parade but I doubt Valve will be cool with it. It goes against their interests to put old sale prices on front street like that. If something is on sale for 50% off and has been 75% off before, they don't want to deter people from buying it. I'd personally like it because I never look at the web client myself.
I'm curious to see if they answer the request, and even more curious to see if they cite a specific reason or part of the SSA that this software would violate. If they simply say "We don't want you to do that" without citing a legal reason why it would/could cause problems for the user in question, I'll likely still release the software with a "Use at your own risk" tag - similar to Steam Achievement Manager I guess.

GUYS THERE'S ZOMBIES WITH RAINCOATS

Also, it's Foxhack, no uppercase H in the middle. :p

Edit: And dammit, they didn't add what I wanted - bindable mouse buttons. I was praying they'd let me bind the rope / grapple button to a mouse button, but nope. >:|

I'm curious to see if they answer the request, and even more curious to see if they cite a specific reason or part of the SSA that this software would violate.  If they simply say "We don't want you to do that" without citing a legal reason why it would/could cause problems for the user in question, I'll likely still release the software with a "Use at your own risk" tag - similar to Steam Achievement Manager I guess.
If I were a betting man, I'd wager that you don't get a response, and within the next two weeks we see a Steam update with an addition made to the ToS forbidding the use of mods/overlays to the Steam client.

Any opinions on Mars?

I'm considering picking it up at this price with wallet money, as the setting seems intriguing as hell to me and I'm ok with a bit of jank in my gameplay.

Good purchase?

I have been using Metro for a couple weeks, it is definitely one of the nicer Steam skins available. Most of them look so...I don't know, "teenager"-y? Like they were designed by the people who made the box art for '90s graphics cards or something.

Though I do wish certain functions (big picture and "activate a product on Steam") were a little easier to get to.

Not sure what to make of an early access game being 66% off, even if it seems like an "easy" way to get into space sims.
If I were you, I'd wait for a deal on X Rebirth, if you want a space sim. That game looks like it's going to be pretty legit, from what I've seen. If you wanted an easy way to get into space sims, you could've just gotten the x series humble weekly.

Not sure what to make of an early access game being 66% off, even if it seems like an "easy" way to get into space sims.
I looked into it a bit and it seems like the guy is going at a snails pace (which isn't surprising because it's just one dude). Wouldn't expect the 'release' version until a year or longer.

Okay, what do you gamers think of *THIS* Seagate 3TB Internal HDD for $109 on Newegg (with coupon EMCWXXW24):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A-_-EMC-100113A-Index-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148844-L0C

Anybody got this drive or anything similar and run some games off it?

EDIT:

I should note - I have two WD Black 1TB HDD w/ 64 MB cache and 7200 RPM installed on this PC.

D wants and needs more space for game-running.

Any opinions on Mars?

I'm considering picking it up at this price with wallet money, as the setting seems intriguing as hell to me and I'm ok with a bit of jank in my gameplay.

Good purchase?

Spoder said it wasn't that great, but he's the only one I know who has played it. I'm waiting to get it myself since I missed the Amazon bundle, but I might hold out for 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back