The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
@shaq, maybe you should investigate "isthereanydeal." It's trash. Is it slow? Does it work weekends? Are coupon codes considered?

Does Steam CS run it? I should ask Steam CS... will they know the answer?

One example of many:

Historical Low: $4.99 at Steam on Tue Jun 04 2013 (Info)

Buy Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition

I have a few Origin tidbits by way of Gamefly. This sale is old and ends on the 30th but y'all bitchmade slackers didn't tell me what they have. These prices are after the 20% coupon code (GFDSEP20) is applied:

Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicle Pack is $3.19 (lowest I've seen)

Mass Effect 3 is $4.79 (lowest)

Crysis (1) Maximum - $5.99

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - $4 ---- NFS: The Run - $4

Dragon Age Ultimate -- $5.99

And the rest of the usual EA suspects with varying discounts.

Fruity Pebbles
Thanks for the heads up - I have wanted a PC version of HP for a while and that's the best price I've seen. It activated on Origin and that helped me find out I'm in the BF4 beta starting Tuesday, so happy day?

If you didn't care for the original DI, I don't think you'll wind up caring for DI: Riptide. Riptide's basically an expansion pack (that also stands alone) that offers some tweaks and refinements; a few new things; and A LOT more "more of the same."

If you see something I mention that you don't like, it's probably why you don't like DI:

1. zombie apoclaypse;

2. a first-person perspective game;

3. very heavy ARPG elements (lots of killing for lots of different kinds of loot that you can upgrade, modify, create, & sell; and constant upgrading of your character's skills and abilities);

4. a barrage of ARPG type of questing (kill X enemies; find X location; find X people)

5. heavy emphasis of melee combat;

6. open-world game;

7. lack of storytelling and character depth.

8. voice-acting, writing, and dialogue just isn't that great.
Just another thing picked up from the game:

9.Stomping on zombies as the majority of combat

Normally that wouldn't be a problem but that was the only move i really could use, i was level 15 yet it felt as if all of my weapons were level 2-4. I constantly had to resort to stomping and kicking zombies to kill them, which ruins the fun of the melee combat. Never in that game did I feel i had any effect on the zombies unless if I resorted to kicking them, which not only got repetitive, it got tedious.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem but that was the only move i really could use, i was level 15 yet it felt as if all of my weapons were level 2-4. I constantly had to resort to stomping and kicking zombies to kill them, which ruins the fun of the melee combat.
Just out of curiosity, did you upgrade (not mod, but upgrade) your weapons? I've seen several people mention that DI:R was difficult (in the combat hardness sense) and that is the exact opposite impression I've had. I do feel the areas of infinite spawns, which are typically Infested, are geared more towards group play. Even then, it's just a matter of either moving quickly through that zone or avoiding it all together.

@shaq, maybe you should investigate "isthereanydeal." It's trash. Is it slow? Does it work weekends? Are coupon codes considered?

Does Steam CS run it? I should ask Steam CS... will they know the answer?

One example of many:
Pretty sure they don't factor in the voucher codes for anything.

Also, if you go to that site and search for Arkham Asylum, (here you go) you get a fistful of different GOTY editions.

So which one is the one I'm looking for the effing price on? Answer: All of them. It may be listed in ITAD's database as a separate entry, but each entry will give you the same game. Annoys.

Just another thing picked up from the game:
9.Stomping on zombies as the majority of combat
Normally that wouldn't be a problem but that was the only move i really could use, i was level 15 yet it felt as if all of my weapons were level 2-4. I constantly had to resort to stomping and kicking zombies to kill them, which ruins the fun of the melee combat. Never in that game did I feel i had any effect on the zombies unless if I resorted to kicking them, which not only got repetitive, it got tedious.
I'm trying to figure out how you played the game to reach that result. Did you just rush through the main quests with no side quests or lockboxes? Or grind level up by just fighting zombies?

Even the main quests though tend to lead you to some decent weapons, but if all you are doing is fighting the zombies with environmental weapons then yeah, they are going to suck once you reach level 15.

I personally didn't discover upgrading weapons until I reached level 25 or so, but I got good weapons out of lockboxes and side quests so the moments where I felt underpowered were few and far between. I think I've actually kicked/stomped a zombie to death just a handful of times.

So I got a random friend request and I accepted cuz why not? Anyways, guys IMs me while playing and asks for my cards. I said sure, what are you offering and he basically asks me to give them to him, saying they're "free" and what not. So I say I only give stuff to people I know but if he has an offer he can come back to me. To this he doesn't respond and just logs off. My question is should I have done anything different? Currently I'm not doing anything with my cards, neither selling or crafting, it's just the principle of the matter. Has this happened to anyone else, if so how did you respond? Thanks for reading.

If anything you were too nice.

I've had similar experiences but nothing exactly like that, mostly just people asking for trades (games or TF2 items) and making extremely bad offers. I guess these people just sit there all day, messaging random people, waiting for someone to be dumb enough to make an extremely unfavorable trade.

Today's deal is Receiver at 50% off ($2.49)

This game is made by Wolfire who are connected to another business that you may have heard of called the Humble Bundle. That may be relevant to your decision on when to buy this.

Weeklong Deals: (now finally featured in the spotlight section)

Games

• Fist Puncher 50% off ($4.99) - now with trading cards
  • Wasteland Angel 75% off ($2.49)
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure 80% off ($1.99)
  • Ignite 75% off ($2.50)
  • PixelJunk Monster Ultimate 50% off ($9.99
  • Warlock - Master of the Arcane 75% off ($4.99) - now with trading cards
  • Renegade Ops 75% off ($3.74)
  • SpeedRunners 50% off ($4.99)
  • Sword of the Stars: The Pit 75% off ($2.50)
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory 66% off ($2.37) - now with trading cards
  • Victoria II 75% off ($4.99) - now with trading cards
Application

• articy: draft SE 30% off ($69.99)

So I got a random friend request and I accepted cuz why not? Anyways, guys IMs me while playing and asks for my cards. I said sure, what are you offering and he basically asks me to give them to him, saying they're "free" and what not. So I say I only give stuff to people I know but if he has an offer he can come back to me. To this he doesn't respond and just logs off. My question is should I have done anything different? Currently I'm not doing anything with my cards, neither selling or crafting, it's just the principle of the matter. Has this happened to anyone else, if so how did you respond? Thanks for reading.
Yeah, you should have done something different. You should have told him to f*** off. The cards were not free. They came with the cost of the game. If somebody on the street comes up to and harasses you for something you own (assuming it's not somebody who NEEDS it, like a homeless person), I'd ask them what makes them so special to think they deserve the things that I paid for. You should have told him to make an offer or GTFO, and that if he wasn't willing to do one of those things, to expect to be reported to Steam.

You didn't use the secret handshake. You're now on the list...

I got they secret handshake -- got it right here in my sweatpants.

I would have stabbed that dirty, no-good bitch in the ass. You gotta stay sharp around these shark-ass...

PROTECT YA GODDAMN NECK

Today's deal is Receiver at 50% off ($2.49)

This game is made by Wolfire who are connected to another business that you may have heard of called the Humble Bundle. That may be relevant to your decision on when to buy this.

Games

• Fist Puncher 50% off ($4.99)
  • Wasteland Angel 75% off ($2.49)
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure 80% off ($1.99)
  • Ignite 75% off ($2.50)
  • PixelJunk Monster Ultimate 50% off ($9.99
  • Warlock - Master of the Arcane 75% off ($4.99) - now with trading cards
  • Renegade Ops 75% off ($3.74)
  • SpeedRunners 50% off ($4.99)
  • Sword of the Stars: The Pit 75% off ($2.50)
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory 66% off ($2.37) - now with trading cards
  • Victoria II 75% off ($4.99) - now with trading cards
Application

• articy: draft SE 30% off ($69.99)
also they have one of dlc came out today and already on sale so u know

At least they're consistent.
Ehh, they usually have at least a game that I'm either interested in or would be if I didn't have it already. None of these games are games I would want to play even if I got them for free. Like at least last week they had Dark Souls and Hitman in there. If I didn't have Dark Souls for Xbox, I'd pick it up (I'll probably double dip once it hits 5 bucks. Dark Souls might be my favorite game this generation). This round of games though...I'd rather play with a pile of barf than this list.

Yeah, you handled it quite nicely. I will usually accept any friend's request, but have only gotten one beggar and immediately blocked them. If people want to trade card for card to complete their sets I honestly don't care. I'm going to sell mine most of the time so it doesn't matter which one I sell, but Steam is full of people just begging for crap. I assume it's younger kids with nothing better to do.

Yeah, you handled it quite nicely. I will usually accept any friend's request, but have only gotten one beggar and immediately blocked them. If people want to trade card for card to complete their sets I honestly don't care. I'm going to sell mine most of the time so it doesn't matter which one I sell, but Steam is full of people just begging for crap. I assume it's younger kids with nothing better to do.
prolly or they beg for games i told them the person u give me bad impression u get strike 3 stirke ur out that how i do random

Ehh, they usually have at least a game that I'm either interested in or would be if I didn't have it already. None of these games are games I would want to play even if I got them for free. Like at least last week they had Dark Souls and Hitman in there. If I didn't have Dark Souls for Xbox, I'd pick it up (I'll probably double dip once it hits 5 bucks. Dark Souls might be my favorite game this generation). This round of games though...I'd rather play with a pile of barf than this list.
Well I guess we have pretty different tastes. Personally I'm very much looking forward to picking up PixelJunk Monsters @ -75%, I enjoyed the demo for Renegade Ops so will grab that in an amazon bundle most likely, Speed Runners is a platformer so I'm interested by default, and Warlock I already have but looks pretty good even if it's by most accounts a poorman's Civ.

Honestly this is the most the weeklong deals have appealed to me in ages, as we've mostly been getting Groupees bundle repeats like crazy. But I suppose my tastes aren't exactly shared by many people, so I'm not surprised some would find them lacking (the weeklies that is). In the end to each their own, at least your wallet will be happy about it ;)

If someone adds me, and I don't recognize them, I accept and ask them what's up. If they don't reply or tell me they want to trade something I block them immediately.

One time this random guy added me just so I could ask another friend of mine (a very talented TF2 item and map creator) to accept his friend request. I was all, seriously? I blocked him and told my friend about him so he'd block him too. Some people.

Well I guess we have pretty different tastes. Personally I'm very much looking forward to picking up PixelJunk Monsters @ -75%, I enjoyed the demo for Renegade Ops so will grab that in an amazon bundle most likely, Speed Runners is a platformer so I'm interested by default, and Warlock I already have but looks pretty good even if it's by most accounts a poorman's Civ.

Honestly this is the most the weeklong deals have appealed to me in ages, as we've mostly been getting Groupees bundle repeats like crazy. But I suppose my tastes aren't exactly shared by many people, so I'm not surprised some would find them lacking (the weeklies that is). In the end to each their own, at least your wallet will be happy about it ;)
pixeljunk is close enough to 75% off from me ;)

I'm trying to figure out how you played the game to reach that result. Did you just rush through the main quests with no side quests or lockboxes? Or grind level up by just fighting zombies?

Even the main quests though tend to lead you to some decent weapons, but if all you are doing is fighting the zombies with environmental weapons then yeah, they are going to suck once you reach level 15.

I personally didn't discover upgrading weapons until I reached level 25 or so, but I got good weapons out of lockboxes and side quests so the moments where I felt underpowered were few and far between. I think I've actually kicked/stomped a zombie to death just a handful of times.
Im at level 11 and have been upgrading all along. There are some weapons that make things a bit too easy. I picked up a blue (purple?) crowbar and it one/two hits most zombies in the Bungalow area. I do kick a lot though, but thats just to preserve weapons.

As for DI as a whole, I am starting to get bored, but I think thats more because I play ARPGs like this very safe by doing all the sidequests. Those start to get repetitive fast because it is a lot of fetching.

pixeljunk is close enough to 75% off from me ;)
header_292x136.jpg

Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness (the most recent expansion) is $4.99 (75%).

What's the real price, JakeNizzle? Real price for DLC Collection $6.24 also, please.

So I got a random friend request and I accepted cuz why not?
Here's how I handle friend requests:

1. In the same private (not public) group? Accepted

2. 2 or more friends in common? Accepted

Past that, I will usually at least view the profile to see if something jars my memory about this person. Red flags include:

1. Very low steam level or new account

2. VAC Ban (yes, it's true)

3. This person is the leader of a group that is "recruiting"

And there are a few others. It behooves you and your own friends to at least spend a few seconds vetting newcomers to your friend list. There are just too many scammers and beggars on Steam to blindly accept every random request.

Games
That makes me very happy. Not only are they making these deals easy for me to find, but they are doing so using an existing unused promotional spot on the page.

What's the real price, JakeNizzle? Real price for DLC Collection $6.24 also, please.
$3.5 Victoria 2 (multiple copies left)

$4 Victoria DLC Bundle (multiple copies left)

$7 Victoria Collection (multiple copies left)

its all on my list bro :)

i didnt kno people actually played games like this. Aren't there better games in the genre like Crusader Kings? Or are they very different form each other?

i didnt kno people actually played games like this. Aren't there better games in the genre like Crusader Kings? Or are they very different form each other?

I don't care for CK's era.

Sengoku, for me, would have been the ultimate shit if those Paradix didn't abandon it immediately.

What about Heart of Darkness on its own?

Triple Crown: PAC-MAN was patched yesterday and, according to the changelog, that seems to have repaired every issue I've encountered.

Leaderboards for the DLC courses were also added.

Big up to Psydero for the fcuk-generosity towards the OP. You just give and give and never ask for any fucks in return.

I don't even read the title so I'm only assuming you did a bang-up job, but still...

This.

I've put in some 80 hours on Warlock but I can't say I'm thrilled about it. You know how it is with these 4x games, they just suck you into another dimension where time has no meaning. The gameplay in Warlock is good enough, but the extremely generic setting and music were off-putting to me. The spells for the most part don't feel very powerful either. It's not a bad game by any means, and is easy to get into if you like Civ - just plan on being much more aggressive. Also, I certainly enjoyed it much more than Fallen Enchantress, which I can't seem to get into at all.

This.

I've put in some 80 hours on Warlock but I can't say I'm thrilled about it. You know how it is with these 4x games, they just suck you into another dimension where time has no meaning. The gameplay in Warlock is good enough, but the extremely generic setting and music were off-putting to me. The spells for the most part don't feel very powerful either. It's not a bad game by any means, and is easy to get into if you like Civ - just plan on being much more aggressive. Also, I certainly enjoyed it much more than Fallen Enchantress, which I can't seem to get into at all.
That's a lot of backhanded compliments. :) I played the Warlock demo and enjoyed it, but I haven't really made a serious effort to get into many of the TBS games I have backlogged except Empire TW and Disciples II.

Nice. I look forward to getting this in an Amazon Squeenix bundle with eight other games for five dollars and then never installing it. Three and a half playthroughs is enough.

That's a lot of backhanded compliments. :) I played the Warlock demo and enjoyed it, but I haven't really made a serious effort to get into many of the TBS games I have backlogged except Empire TW and Disciples II.
Ha. Well, I would feel bad criticizing it, because they do do a lot of things right. It's just not amazing. With my backlog and limited time these days I try to only play things that make me really excited. I don't like addiction for addiction's sake.

The game (DI:R) starts you at level 15 for no apparent reason. Then the game proceeds to give me weapons that hardly fulfill any means of murder, leaving me to have to stomp and kick the zombies to death. Dead Island was bloody brilliant, DI:R somehow got worse. The guns felt useless half of the time I had one in possesion, and melee weapons were so degraded I would lose almost all of my money trying to repair the halfway decent ones. It could just be the new guy just completely sucked (I lost both my saves when my Xbox took a nosedive and my MU took the blunt of the fall). The game left a lot to be desired.

EDIT: I'm seriously meh over this foil card I got (Conqueror by EUIII). I got it from a drop, it was worth $.60 and I listed at $.59, now people are listing it for $.4x >_<

The game (DI:R) starts you at level 15 for no apparent reason. Then the game proceeds to give me weapons that hardly fulfill any means of murder, leaving me to have to stomp and kick the zombies to death. Dead Island was bloody brilliant, DI:R somehow got worse. The guns felt useless half of the time I had one in possesion, and melee weapons were so degraded I would lose almost all of my money trying to repair the halfway decent ones. It could just be the new guy just completely sucked (I lost both my saves when my Xbox took a nosedive and my MU took the blunt of the fall). The game left a lot to be desired.
EDIT: I'm seriously meh over this foil card I got (Conqueror by EUIII). I got it from a drop, it was worth $.60 and I listed at $.59, now people are listing it for $.4x >_<

My bad, I thought we were talking about the first one! I am 70% done with the first one and probably won't get to Riptide for a while. I've heard so many mixed things about it so I am not sure if I am really looking forward to it at this point.

how is pacman btw? i wanted to pick it up, but decided to wait for a sale on it.
I have it on 360 and it's really really good, but it also depends a lot on how much you enjoy trying to beat your/your friends high scores. I don't have many people to compete with on 360 so I haven't put as much time into it as I should have, but I've still had a blast with the amount I have played and there's no denying it does an impeccable job at what it sets out to do (which is reboot pacman with a modern ui, epilepsy inducing graphics, and online leaderboards). It should be noted that gameplay isn't very much like past pacmans, as it doesn't revolve around clearing rooms anymore but just going as fast as you can and eating an insane number of ghosts before time runs out (there are other modes, but time trials are clearly the focus). There really isn't anything quite as satisfying as creating a multi-dozen ghost conga line, grabbing a power pellet, then doing a 180 and watching points burst all over the screen.

I'm definitely going to be double dipping on the steam version once it hits -75%, and can't think of any compelling reason not to recommend it if you like highscore fest games and/or pacman in general. It's a shame the same can't be said for namco's other recent reboots *cough* Galaga Legions DX *cough*, but regardless they did a bang up job with Pac-Man and continue to add new stuff with updates and DLC. In short, it's worth it!

Pac-Man CE DX + is a great upgrade to the existing Pac-Man CE DX. The addition of the new courses and the overall music selection is nice. The real fun in the game lies in trying to break your high scores with friends or random people on the leaderboard. I know I'm pretty busy the rest of this week but once the weekend hits, if anyone has questions about the game or just how to improve you times, hit me up. I just checked and I'm still in the top 250 overall on Steam and that is with only 2 hours or so put in.

My bad, I thought we were talking about the first one! I am 70% done with the first one and probably won't get to Riptide for a while. I've heard so many mixed things about it so I am not sure if I am really looking forward to it at this point.
The first one is great, I may need to try the game again, i skipped out on a lot of good games I didn't like at first (MGS2 is a case) It may not be too bad, but rather the character I chose absolutely sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back