The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed Hotline Miami. I powered through it over the course of a few days. Frustrating but compelling and satisfying and entertaining throughout. And the music is great. Controller is a must.
Yeah, I played this MUCH better w/ controller (X360) as opposed to the KB/mouse.

instant reload
Yep. And usually when you die, you restart the floor.

Examples:

So, if you die in a level that has 3 floors in total...

If you die on 1st floor - that's where you restart.

When you make your way to 2nd floor and die on 2nd floor, you restart at 2nd floor.

If you die on the 3rd floor - yeah, you get the drift by now.

Sometimes, boss fights....they get a restart right at the start of the boss fight.

Depends.

I watched some Total Biscuit Hotline and it looks really good. Is it possible to stealth whole levels or do you have to get into shoot outs some of the time? Watching him play the game reminded me of me trying to stealth a level in Hitman Absolution and keep retrying the level til I finally got it the way I wanted. I think I'll probably buy this.

Reading the comments on Hotline just now, I was like No. Yes. No. Yes. If only there was a demo. So when you die it's like an instant reload as fast as Meatboy? If there was some shitty loading screen that would drive me crazy.
dude, i know this is cheapassgamer, but $2 is really not a particularly great risk. you'll love it, or you'll hate it. and it you love it, the $2 is a $2 very well spent.

also, you can play it however you want. when i finished it the first time i was generally cautious. when you play for A+, you have to go balls out. it's a fun puzzle playing levels in different ways.

I watched some Total Biscuit Hotline and it looks really good. Is it possible to stealth whole levels or do you have to get into shoot outs some of the time? Watching him play the game reminded me of me trying to stealth a level in Hitman Absolution and keep retrying the level til I finally got it the way I wanted. I think I'll probably buy this.
You have to kill everyone...but you can stealth...I usually fired off guns just to alert people to me so I could smash them with my fists or smash their heads into the ground

I'll chime in to echo the above sentiments and say Hotline Miami is definitely worth $2.49.

Awesome soundtrack, action-strategy-combat, lots of death, a plethora of masks to wear, an arsenal of weapons to brutalize with, a bizarre tripped out story, adds up to a satisfying experience in the end. I bought it on a whim during the last winter sale and was pretty surprised how enjoyable it was, while not being as grisly as I original thought it might be. You really can't go wrong here.

dude, i know this is cheapassgamer, but $2 is really not a particularly great risk. you'll love it, or you'll hate it. and it you love it, the $2 is a $2 very well spent.

also, you can play it however you want. when i finished it the first time i was generally cautious. when you play for A+, you have to go balls out. it's a fun puzzle playing levels in different ways.
$2 may be worth the risk, but we're talking 2.49 here. Do you even CAG?

I have to remember tho that I got a lot of my Steam wallet for free selling cards, or for 25% off through vince. :whistle2:k

Damn, just discovered that isthereanydeal website... it's amazing.

$2 may be worth the risk, but we're talking 2.49 here. Do you even CAG?

I have to remember tho that I got a lot of my Steam wallet for free selling cards, or for 25% off through vince. :whistle2:k
Have you checked out the trade forums for a copy? Not sure if people have any from humble indie bundle 8 left or not

Really?

I can't even imagine playing it with a controller.

Seems like a clunky way to play a game that requires that much precision.
I didn't try using a controller with the PC version after support was added but on the PS3/Vita everything feels very natural for me. I can auto-target an enemy with the press of a button which makes attacks/shooting somewhat easy. While I don't do either well I have always been able to coordinate different actions between my left and right hands when using a controller much better than when using keyboard/mouse. Maybe it is because all of my fingers with the exception of my right thumb remain on the same button/stick throughout game play so I don't have to fumble around so much.

For those of you using kb/m did you use the default configuration? I could never find a good setup for my left hand. Always felt like I had pretzel fingers when trying to land on the right keys quickly.

do-it.gif

No srsly, buy it. It was my 2012 goty.

I'm still waiting on a holiday deal for You Need A Budget because I need something to wean me off Intuit software.
Was 75% off during the Summer sale. Like any good CAG, I bought that puppy and threw it into my backlog. I'll install it when they add trading cards.

Would be neat to see what games certain majors are more inclined to enjoy. As a History major, I cannot imagine loving the same game as someone with a math concentration.
My degree is in Information Systems. I'm partial to turn-based strategy games and ARPG clickfests. My casual game of choice is Everyday Genius: Squarelogic. I think there's a pattern there, but it took me a while to find it.

Hotline Miami is a good game. And you know I don't say that a lot.
Holy shit! Post "liked" and I'm writing down in my Pink Brony Journal where I was the day Moober said he thought a game was good!

I'll do it, I'd just rather do it for $2.
Never has so much been written for so little (100 shaq-fu'ing posts for $0.50)...

By the way, I got it for free when Amazon had a price mistake, so nyah-nyah-nyah!

Depends on your play-style; what weapons the level puts out at you; and the situation.

Often, I tried to melee my way through it, to be as quiet as possible. Scope out the areas and patterns - then bum-rush for crazy combos, if possible.

I often had on the mask for opening doors harder, so I could do one-shot kills when opening doors.

You do get more points for doing combos and doing different kills w/ different weapons in a level. Just, you might wanna keep that in mind.

OK, I figure I should get these out before the seasonal lurkers CAGs come in in droves. Quote with what you want and I'll PM you.

I also have keys for the following, but am unsure if they have been redeemed or not...

(All above are keys except Batman which is a HB gift link.)

I also have a GOG gift/key for The Witcher if someone wants that.
i take gorky17 yo

oh yea, i bought a desura key for 1 dolla from a cag and theres no steam key in my desura collection yet ;(
ya i got in giveaway so i chat with the develor on desura and he give to meu should ask the person where he brought to give u the steam key from indie gala or othe other

Neuro5i5 said:
OK, I figure I should get these out before the seasonal lurkers CAGs come in in droves. Quote with what you want and I'll PM you.

I also have keys for the following, but am unsure if they have been redeemed or not...(All above are keys except Batman which is a HB gift link.)

I also have a GOG gift/key for The Witcher if someone wants that.
nice giveaway. :)

spoderman said:
o rly. I thought you gave me a key to add to my account. Something's wrong here ;)
Here's a free key
key.jpg

tebowdragon15 said:
no but u gget add ur no. 1 fan here hhehe
please don't kill him

snakeybro said:
oh yea, i bought a desura key for 1 dolla from a cag and theres no steam key in my desura collection yet ;(
if I get an extra one, I'll send it your way, as long as you agree to the Sunasun DVG TOS agreement
[customspoiler="Sunasun DVG Terms of Service Agreement"]The buyer, heretofore referred to as the hoarder, gives his/her explicit permission, for Sunasun aka Count Burgula, to visit his/her place of residence at the time or whim of Sunasun's choosing, and punch the hoarder, heretofore referred to as the punching bag, directly in the face. The punching bag will release Sunasun DVG or its employees or subsidiaries from any liability to said punching bag's face. By Clicking the Terms of Service Agreement button, you have agreed to a legally binding contractual agreement with Sunasun DVG that you agree with the TOS agreement and any changes to the TOS agreement that the crazy mofo Sunasun comes up with. 10% of all proceeds now go to your choice of the Sunasun Ugly Little Trolls foundation or Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps. Please specify upon payment which charity you would like to donate to.[/customspoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back