The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
It all runs through the uplay client. Basically having it on Steam just means that when you boot it through steam it opens up uplay. Sort of silly. Uplay isn't a bad client, though, so if you want the games on PC you might consider waiting for a non-steam sale on them and just playing them through uplay.

Basically, you launch a Uplay game on Steam, then it opens Uplay and you essentially play the game through Uplay. That's what I've gathered from it which is why I've just gotten stuff directly from Uplay (Blood Dragon) when the opportunity presents itself.
Thanks, guys. I don't know why, but I'm really repelled by the idea of using Uplay. Guess Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon and Ass Creed IV are all I"m interested in anyway from them that use Uplay, and maybe Ass IV won't run very well on my PC anyway since it's kind of between generations (the game, not my PC). Maybe I'll just go with PS3 for the Far Cry 3 stuff and Wii U for Ass IV.

Don't know if anyone cares, but it looks like those 25% off Foul Play coupons stack with the current sale bringing the price down to $5.02
Yes, those Foul Play coupons do stack and it also works on the 2-Pack dropping the price to $4.19 per copy. This is the exact same discount (-50%) they had last week too. Glad to know if I had waited a week the deal wasn't any sweeter.

I'm barely into playing Foul Play, but my early take is that it's a pretty fun side-scrolling brawler. There are 22 Acts in total and each one presents different set pieces and visual humor. As Baron Dashforth you relive through his past adventures but on stage beating up stage actors bad guys with your trusty cane, along with your loyal side kick Mr. Scampwick. Part of the charm of this game comes from the painted backgrounds, stage design, and costumed actors.

The whole point is to perform on stage to the crowds appeasement, and their interest in your performances is the difference between moving forward with cheers and hat flips or having the curtains drop from a flood of boos. You can earn power up items to enhance your performances and combo attacks along the way with higher act ratings and by achieving certain act requirements.

Some might find the fact you can play online co-op with someone on Steam or local co-op from the same PC (via keyboard or an extra controller) as a pretty cool feature. It's a brawler/beat'em up so expect similar gameplay to others out there.

The game just came out on September 18th, so I doubt it will be bundle fodder for at least a little while. $4-5 feels about right for this game. It's definitely a game you could play in short stints and pickup again later.

I felt bad for Marlow Briggs, so I bought it. It's a good price to make him feel better about himself.
Needs more caps and a couple more random commas.

I felt BAD for Marlow Briggs, so I, BOUGHT it. It's a good PRICE to make, him, feel better about HIMSELF.

That feel when you activate a new product on Steam.

UBZsPic.gif

Why don't they make a cool little sound effect like when you unlock an achievements on 360 or a trophy on PS3, something really recognizable, for when you activate a game on Steam. It'd be so cool. I love that feeling.

I'm really disappointed with how lazy Firaxis has been with XCOM.

It's been a year and they're only just getting around to the first major expansion? With only two minor DLCs out?

It's almost as if somebody suggested putting the bulk of their content in the original game.
If I didn't know better I'd swear it wasn't from the same company that Civilization is from.

TrackMania Valley is on sale also, comes to $8 each in a 5 pack. Started a group buy in the trade thread if anyone is interested.

Why don't they make a cool little sound effect like when you unlock an achievements on 360 or a trophy on PS3, something really recognizable, for when you activate a game on Steam. It'd be so cool. I love that feeling.
I don't know. I like operating in stealth mode for most everything. I haven't rebooted my phone in two years because it makes THAT noise. People stare. It's just too much for one person to handle.

Daedalic bundle sucks. I want Dark Eye: Chains of Sat-Nav, but I'm not interested in Journey of a Roach and everyone and his grandmother already has Deponia from previous bundles. :hot:
I just bought in at the $1 tier.

I already had The Whispered World. I can't complain too much about Edna and Harvey and A New Beginning for .50 each! I also saw quite a few decent reviews on the two (going to call them bonus games here because non-Steam) DRM-free Chronicles of Shakespeare games.

OMG U BASTERD U CANT CROSSFIRE NVIDIA CARDS

defriended + ignored

post reported for offensive imagery
reported for not reading spoilers ;)

Yeah man, I really thought you were better than this...

...reported for not wearing socks

EDIT: And Blade, you are currently at a post milestone, 6,000 away from santa!
Blade-6666.PNG
socks are so double ought

For every person that likes this post, Gaben will donate $5 to Charity.
kind of sucks, people can now see I like everything

For every person that likes this post, Gaben will eat a burger.

If 50 people like this post. Gaben will have a heart attack.
liked 50 times :twisted:

Anyone who bought the Nordic Games Humble Bundle can now go get their freshly pressed Neighbours From Hell Compilation Steam key. :D

Edit: Maybe I'm just late to the part on this one.
got my steam key, activated and it doesn't show up in my library even after restarting Steam.

Don't know if anyone cares, but it looks like those 25% off Foul Play coupons stack with the current sale bringing the price down to $5.02
I have 2 of the 33% off coupons for that that stack with the double pack, brings it down to still not cheap enough for me.

reported for not reading spoilers ;)

socks are so double ought

kind of sucks, people can now see I like everything

liked 50 times :twisted:

got my steam key, activated and it doesn't show up in my library even after restarting Steam.

I have 2 of the 33% off coupons for that that stack with the double pack, brings it down to still not cheap enough for me.
coool same but i dont want this random ccoupons give me glitch sale mauha

Hell, we need levels like PS3 has with point values which could be xp. Also they should have it where if you get all achievements in a game, you unlock something like you do crafting a badge.

Pretty excited about the rumored Pinball FX bundle. Had a few of these tables on XBox and finally have a chance to leaderboard battle with my fellow CAG's on PC.

I'd rather steam remove a game from my wishlist if I activate it on steam. Instead of me having to do it manually later.

Bought a couple of the gtx 680's gonna crossfire dem bitches.

0.jpg

[customspoiler=' ']How come all the great deals happen while I'm at work? When I'm off they give away free copies of crap like Pony Combat Princess. [/customspoiler]
Imagine if someone SLI'ed/CrossFired a high-end ATI and NVidia card on the same mobo...

I gained 1000+ games and went to the "Gaming God" badge. Then I added a game and went back to the old count. Shitty 1,500 games.

It's a glitch confirmed by the Collector's group. I had around 2500 games yesterday and then reverted back.

Imagine if someone SLI'ed/CrossFired a high-end ATI and NVidia card on the same mobo...
I'd just be facepalming at the waste of money, since you can't do that. SLI and Crossfire aren't compatible.

Aside from wanting to add more screens (which you shouldn't need to do with high-end cards, since they already support 5+ screens), the only reason I can see to have both an AMD and an Nvidia card would be running an AMD card as the main high-performance one, with a lesser Nvidia card for Physx.

Oh totally. I loved Kasumi, I would've romanced her.

I was an Ashley guy all through the trilogy with my main, and with my FemShep...let's just say, it felt more comfortable having her be into the ladies.

I've held off on viewing the Tali romance until I can play through the game again with a dedicated character for her.
I romanced Ashley in ME1; nobody in ME2; and Liara in ME3.

Don't have Kasumi DLC from ME2 - so, bleh!

Damn BioWare Points never on sale - got a better chance of winning lottery!

And bleh at an ALL DLC pack never released for PC versions of ME2...and ME3 and DA2, while I'm at it.

Imagine if somebody wrote their own drivers just to make both work together. ;)
Imagine if somebody built a computer that could build a robot that could build a custom frankensteinian motherboard that not only ran AMD and Nvidia cards in perfect harmony but also gained sentience and built a new robot to expand the computer into a gigantic machine that could engulf a human being and turn said human being into a cybernetic monstrosity that could shoot electricity from its hands to fight Superman while Richard Pryor looks on in horror.

I'd rather steam remove a game from my wishlist if I activate it on steam. Instead of me having to do it manually later.
If Steam ever gave sound effect for activating games and deactivating games...

I wonder what the sound-effect would be for notifying a gamer when Steam removes a game from their account!

If Steam ever gave sound effect for activating games and deactivating games...
I wonder what the sound-effect would be for notifying a gamer when Steam removes a game from their account!
I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd link to a short YouTube vid of Nelson going "Ha,ha.".

Imagine if somebody built a computer that could build a robot that could build a custom frankensteinian motherboard that not only ran AMD and Nvidia cards in perfect harmony but also gained sentience and built a new robot to expand the computer into a gigantic machine that could engulf a human being and turn said human being into a cybernetic monstrosity that could shoot electricity from its hands to fight Superman while Richard Pryor looks on in horror.
Richard Pryor being transformed into a robot was a traumatic childhood experience for me!

Daedalic bundle sucks. I want Dark Eye: Chains of Sat-Nav, but I'm not interested in Journey of a Roach and everyone and his grandmother already has Deponia from previous bundles. :hot:

Hm. I didn't know that. I find it odd that Ubi wouldn't put one of its relatively-new games on Uplay.
Does Techland have some kind of deal w/ UbiSoft Partners program that would be similar to what Crytek and 38 Studios/Big Huge Games had w/ EA Partners program?

EDIT:

Wasn't RUSE also Steam-only?

Does Techland have some kind of deal w/ UbiSoft Partners program that would be similar to what Crytek and 38 Studios/Big Huge Games had w/ EA Partners program?

EDIT:

Wasn't RUSE also Steam-only?
ruse is steamworks

and developer is the one for wargame frnachise eugene system so they love steam heh

I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd link to a short YouTube vid of Nelson going "Ha,ha.".
Get out of my head!!!!!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22783]
As interesting as you might not be, you're still a massive waste of time.

Not really. I just can't help but be that you're a butthole sumbtimebs always.
fixed that for you, and you're welcome

this message approved and endorsed by passports31

Most of Ubi's non-AAA titles do not require Uplay. The only one I can think of that did was I Am Alive. It's not likely to be a partners type thing as Ubi owns the Call of Juarez IP so Techland would be in no position to make such a demand.

Most of Ubi's non-AAA titles do not require Uplay. The only one I can think of that did was I Am Alive. It's not likely to be a partners type thing as Ubi owns the Call of Juarez IP so Techland would be in no position to make such a demand.
The more you know. . . .

I just bought in at the $1 tier.

I already had The Whispered World. I can't complain too much about Edna and Harvey and A New Beginning for .50 each! I also saw quite a few decent reviews on the two (going to call them bonus games here because non-Steam) DRM-free Chronicles of Shakespeare games.
I had these from an IndieGala or something, but I ended up trading my Roach key to a fellow CAG for $1.50, thereby making the cost $4.50 and that's palatable enough for Dark Eye and a metric crapton of game soundtracks. I have to admit, even though I'm not a big HOG fan, I was intrigued by the Shakespeare games because I'm something of a Bard nerd (English minor in college).

I Am Alive doesn't require Uplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back