The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortix 2 w/Steam Key is $1.99 at ShinyLoot, and I think they add 25% on top of that. Solid game (Qix clone if you don't know) and it has cards as well.

http://www.shinyloot.com/fortix-2?re=custom-filter-exact-94

I don't know why I'm so tempted to buy this. $2 for bundle fodder is a bit high, but it looks like it could be fun. I would also like to support SL, but I wonder if it will go cheaper soon :whistle2:k
The game's standard price was recently changed from $9.99 to $1.99. It's been bundled a couple of times and on sale for 99 cents.

Rage hard. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCuyzO-6hi8

[customspoiler='Relax Easy (hip-hop)'][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6JWxn-Jy2Q[/youtube][/customspoiler]

I don't know why I'm so tempted to buy this. $2 for bundle fodder is a bit high, but it looks like it could be fun. I would also like to support SL, but I wonder if it will go cheaper soon :whistle2:k

Although everything's been resolved, I'll take this opportunity to endorse Fortix 2: I endorse Fortix 2.

It's light, colorful, casual (or brutal), completionistic, Steamcloudariffic, controllersupportish and Steamcardageddonous. It might seem slightly nondescript to some, though.

I bought Rage+DLC based on this thread. If I don't love it, I'm coming back here to... well, RAGE!!!
I enjoyed it on the xbox 360. The online multiplayer on there is dead so I never got to try that out. I really like where the new IP was potentially going but Bethesda has put a halt on it and may very well be dead now. The game itself is a nice take on the FPS genre, you explore, craft equipement and a bit of racing and mad max type driving. An FPS with an open world feel.

Steam has a new bundle though, like most Steam bundles, it isn't really that great of a deal when considering price history.

Good Friends Bundle $24.99

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm
Runner2 - Good Friends Character Pack
Cave Story+
Machinarium
Portal 2
Psychonauts
Super Meat Boy
Aliens: Colonial Marines is $5 from Sega or $8 for the game + season pass at GMG with code GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN.
Cool. Getting close to my "buy" price.

I don't know why I'm so tempted to buy this (Fortix 2). $2 for bundle fodder is a bit high, but it looks like it could be fun. I would also like to support SL, but I wonder if it will go cheaper soon :whistle2:k
Like MIND LINK above, though the matter has been resolved I endorse this game for anyone considering a purchase. It's a nice take on an updated Qix with a fantasy setting.

What's with all this Fortix 2 talk?  It's 2 bucks.  Seems like a bundle item.  Or is it IN a bundle and I'm just missing it?  It's confusing.  It LOOKS interesting but.. it's 2 bucks.

Edit:  As far as I can tell, it was in a 6 game bundle last year for a buck.

If I were Steam, I'd be releasing Steam Card Bundles. Collections of indies that all have cards. Bet those would sell like hotcakes right now.
crepes & waffles > hotcakes (who calls them that anyhow? they're pancakes... like Mother fuck ing International House of Pancakes, IHoP not IHoH)

crepes & waffles > hotcakes (who calls them that anyhow? they're pancakes... like Mother fuck ing International House of Pancakes, IHoP not IHoH)
Well, I've never heard the term selling like crepes & waffles... or pancakes for that matter...and technically if the pancakes are hot... they are hotcakes ;)

So, my account is sitting at 999 games. I have a bunch of games that I'm gonna add to my account, and I need to decide which one gets to be the one to get me to 1,000. Which one should it be?

Agricultural Simulator 2011: Extended Edition

Bionic Commando

Bionic Commando: Rearmed

Bumbledore

Darkspore

Fluttabyes

Freeze Tag Fun Pack #1

Freeze Tag Fun Pack #2

Haunted House

iBomber Attack

KrissX

Mole Control

Operation Flashpoint Complete

Puzzle Quest 2

Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle

Skyrim - Legendary Edition

The UnderGarden

The Wonderful End of the World

World in Conflict: Complete Edition

All of those are either sitting in my inventory, or I have a key waiting to be redeemed. So they're all gonna get added. It's just a matter of which one gets to be number 1,000.

What's with all this Fortix 2 talk? It's 2 bucks. Seems like a bundle item. Or is it IN a bundle and I'm just missing it? It's confusing. It LOOKS interesting but.. it's 2 bucks.

Edit: As far as I can tell, it was in a 6 game bundle last year for a buck.
No, it's not currently in a bundle. Nothing to see here.

So, my account is sitting at 999 games. I have a bunch of games that I'm gonna add to my account, and I need to decide which one gets to be the one to get me to 1,000. Which one should it be?

Bionic Commando

Bumbledore

Darkspore

Fluttabyes

Freeze Tag Fun Pack #1

Freeze Tag Fun Pack #2

Haunted House

iBomber Attack

KrissX

Mole Control

Puzzle Quest 2

The UnderGarden

All of those are either sitting in my inventory, or I have a key waiting to be redeemed. So they're all gonna get added. It's just a matter of which one gets to be number 1,000.
Skyrim - legendary edition as the 1,000 game mark is legendary

for what it is worth, puzzle quest 2 is a good game if you like that type of game

darkspore not bad, not great

just my 2 cents

Bionic Commando
Bumbledore
Darkspore
Fluttabyes
Freeze Tag Fun Pack #1
Freeze Tag Fun Pack #2
Haunted House
iBomber Attack
KrissX
Mole Control
Puzzle Quest 2
The UnderGarden

Bumbledore! Bumbledore! Bumbledore!

BTW, Op flashpoint complete are 2 games, isn't it?

Thanks missed the ones on siliconera was able to redeem the code here on CAG Thank you! :)

also The End congrats on almost making it to 1,000 games :)

Also, an FYI on Skullgirls:

Beta codes from pre-orders will never expire, letting players test new changes and characters before their official release.

So the CAG beta codes expire on the 22nd, but pre-order beta access seems to still have some benefit after release. Something to keep in mind if that's important to you and you were considering pre ordering.

Understatement in regards to the not so good ending. I typically horde my items for the inevitable boss battle so when the credits started to roll I had to reload my save just to use the items I had never touched. The worst part is that you couldn't even go back into the world to complete the job board quests or races or anything.

The ending was complete garbage; I had a tougher time doing the TV-show quest.
If you buy Scorchers DLC, one thing it allows - you can now go actually back and explore the game-world to do the side-quests you missed.

Once you finish the base game's main quest and/or DLC main quest, you can go back.

This actually should've been put into the main game as a patch, if you ask me.

I bought Rage+DLC based on this thread. If I don't love it, I'm coming back here to... well, RAGE!!!
It's pretty good and was worth the money it was on sale, but don't expect the story to "wow" you into amazement. Id doesn't normally do that.

This isn't a game from BioWare or Irrational.

What Id does - they make awesome shooting games. If you like Id shooters, you'll like this - as long as your PC can handle this game; you can tolerate some muddy/blurry textures in the game-world; and you ain't looking for a story as amazing as something from BioWare or Irrational.

Actually - the characters in the game were pretty good and have more personality than I've seen anything Id has done before.

Rage had the worst ending of any game I've played in my life. It was all right other than that, for the $10 I paid.

Thanks for the tip on Skullgirls beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back