The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...

I think GameStop and BB sell those Steam Cards.
I can't speak for all Gamestops, but I bought Gaben bucks at Gamestop last week and they did not have physical cards; I got the redemption code on a receipt.

Have seen physical cards at Best Buy and Walgreens.

I can't speak for all Gamestops, but I bought Gaben bucks at Gamestop last week and they did not have physical cards; I got the redemption code on a receipt.

Have seen physical cards at Best Buy and Walgreens.
Wow, even Walgreens sells Steam Cards??!?!

Interesting...

Just bought a code from Vince, activated no problem.  I would pick up a second but I don't need $40 in Steam wallet sitting around enticing me to pick up deals I would normally skip.  You all should get in while he still has codes left.

No worries. I'm kind of torn on this particular issue though. In one way, it's good that they tradeban users that haven't had their Steamguard activated for 15 days, as it should cut down significantly on the number of support tickets that they get regularly. On the other hand, the change itself has probably generated WAY more tickets (at least in the short-term) and frustrates a lot of users.

In my dealings with Valve employees I seem to run across a central theme: everyone there uses Steam (the client, and the web store) in exactly the same way. This obviously becomes problematic when implementing something like this. In this case, it's obvious that nobody at Valve clears their cookies or has ever had to re-install a browser (or their operating system).

Wish I worked there so I could try and spare you guys from at least a few of these kinds of decisions. Or, at the very least, be able to explain the decisions to users in somewhat more human terms.

A petition is needed. My 3-legged cat will sign it and I will think about it (the cat).

Don't forget 9-11!

Wish I worked there so I could try and spare you guys from at least a few of these kinds of decisions. Or, at the very least, be able to explain the decisions to users in somewhat more human terms.
Also so you could slip us Half-Life 3 updates ;)

Can't blame the man for snagging a good deal!
I wasn't trying to sound accusatory or judgmental, really sorry if it came across as that. I was actually just curious and figured I'd throw in the emotion for lolz. I'd jump on one of them if I had the cash to blow, but right now it's a bit too tight :whistle2:(

If you didn't picked up went it was 80% why bother now?
because I'm dumb and didn't remember it had been -80% (didn't go to the store page or ES would have told me). Guess that makes it an easy pass for now.

A Valley without Wind now has steam cards. Kinda surprising the sequel don't have one. yet

Edit:

Anyone played Gnomoria? Im kinda interested in it. Its been in Indie Game Stand but sadly I haven't bought that.

Target also has Wallet cards. That would be my top pick for accidentally giving them away cheap. Walmart as well. Get a friend that works there to price match a phantom sale.

I am really tempted to buy Game Dev Tycoon anybody recommend it? Lately I have been hooked to Game Dev Story on my phone and both games are similar so I am guessing ill have fun with Game Dev Tycoon.

I am really tempted to buy Game Dev Tycoon anybody recommend it? Lately I have been hooked to Game Dev Story on my phone and both games are similar so I am guessing ill have fun with Game Dev Tycoon.
There's a demo on the developer's site or if you have Windows 8 there's a free trial version in the Windows 8 app store.

But basically as much a the developers are sick of hearing this, it is a lot like Game Dev Story so if you like that you will probably like Game Dev Tycoon too.

sorry guys

they're all gone, they went really quick. i think i could potentially get more next week, i'll post here if i do given how quick you all jumped on it.

Just a heads up Amazon has all the sims 3 expansions on sale right now if anyone wants to add on some from the Humbe Origin bundle.

*Hangs head in shame* I just bought 2 more

Just a heads up Amazon has all the sims 3 expansions on sale right now if anyone wants to add on some from the Humbe Origin bundle.

You purchased Sims 3 expansions, but held off for a cheaper price on Witcher 2 for $5?!?! SHAME SIR!

Meh I would but I am married to Steam for Sims 3, and really it's easier because it just installs everything at once in one download.

54u0.jpg

Actually I own Katy Perry's Sweet Treats too but it got yanked from Steam for some reason and so Enhanced Steam doesn't recognize that I own it.

Only sucky thing is I am at EA's mercy for having a good sale on Steam which usually they do at least during the big sales but this last time they didn't even do that. :censored:

There's a demo on the developer's site or if you have Windows 8 there's a free trial version in the Windows 8 app store.

But basically as much a the developers are sick of hearing this, it is a lot like Game Dev Story so if you like that you will probably like Game Dev Tycoon too.
I did not know there was a demo so I tried it out and its a good game and from what I saw in the demo it has a lot more features that Game Dev Story does not have like the ability to create your own engine and other little stuff here and there.I think ill get it and besides I am gonna pay for it with Steam Trading Cards Money so it wont hurt me to pay $8 for it.

So it took about a week but my roommates and myself finally finished moving into the apartment and have internet set up. Managed to get a really terrible connection for the last couple of days. Finally got some decent internet.

Steam had an absolute fit when it realized I had been gone so long. GabeN wants me to pay him more GabeN BuckZ.

finally they fixed the ggame time and everything took valve to fix llong and frined activity much better
Finally. I've been waiting for friend activity to get fixed for a while. At one point it said 8 friends recently wishlisted a game, of course not showing which game at all. 5 of those 8 were JShack. He must really have wanted that game.

Finally. I've been waiting for friend activity to get fixed for a while. At one point it said 8 friends recently wishlisted a game, of course not showing which game at all. 5 of those 8 were JShack. He must really have wanted that game.
lol jsahckles want the whole steam collection me i was angry was more the game hrs it was mess up since steam trading cardd beta finally they fix that

i keep seeing people selling keys for games from the ati video card promotions.

in case you get one of those from a new video card, DONT REDEEM it.

there are rumors that they will be adding more NEW games to the roster soon.

it expires in december so there is time to just let it sit.

people are speculating Battlefield4 and the new Thief will be added.

If ur going to just sell the current game keys for cheap, i recommend waiting it out.

Today just seems to be The Day that All the Deals Happened, taking bundles and Amazon into consideration.  I have no problem with this.

i guess you'll have to take my word there's nothing fishy about it. i've been posting on this site for years and never ripped anyone off. i would probably question it myself if i were you.

but they are in fact legitimate and work fine, i just tested one out myself.
damn, we should get tony to pricematch you ;)

The young kids won't get this reference but

hqdefault.jpg
damn, I just got back, why would I want them to .... take me away ;)

New (8-28) Wasteland 2 footage shows quests, combat and screaming goats

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmGthYqTbo[/youtube]
Looks good. :D

I'm glad to see this revival of party-based RPG's w/ turn-based combat.

Also, it's very nice to see NOT much of the game seems voice-acted - which I'm sure will make it easy for the dev's to go hog-wild w/ more decision-making options and not having to worry about getting all of it expensively voice-acted. Plus, we might actually see some better actual prose, writing and text in the game - hopefully reminiscent of the Planescape: Torment & Fallout 1 + 2 days.

Looks good. :D

I'm glad to see this revival of party-based RPG's w/ turn-based combat.

Also, it's very nice to see NOT much of the game seems voice-acted - which I'm sure will make it easy for the dev's to go hog-wild w/ more decision-making options and not having to worry about getting all of it expensively voice-acted. Plus, we might actually see some better actual prose, writing and text in the game - hopefully reminiscent of the Planescape: Torment & Fallout 1 + 2 days.
I kickstarted it and everything that has been coming out has me so excited. I just can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back