The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else waiting for the Apogee Throwback Pack to be 75% off?

A0cAR.png

On topic: Has anyone unlocked all characters and tracks on Sonic All Star Racing Transformed? I finished all the courses in career mode on medium, and several more on hard, but now I'm stuck because I can't unlock more tracks without beating tracks on hard/expert :( I guess I'm just not cut for racing games.
General driving tips, keep practicing, and keep retrying. If that doesn't please you, take up modding XD

I think you may have misread. I'm waiting for it to go on sale. I expect it to be months.
Definitely misread. I saw "Apogee Pack" and "75% off" and filled in the context as "is this discounted for anyone else?" Being such a new pack, it didn't even cross my mind that I'd misread it at the time. :whistle2:?

On topic: Has anyone unlocked all characters and tracks on Sonic All Star Racing Transformed? I finished all the courses in career mode on medium, and several more on hard, but now I'm stuck because I can't unlock more tracks without beating tracks on hard/expert :( I guess I'm just not cut for racing games.
So one thing I tried doing was racing on Medium until the character was all the way leveled up. I'd always lose the races until my guy was leveled up, but usually could manage 3 stars on everything else. I'd do the drag races, traffic ones, ring races etc on Hard, and the regular races on Medium. Once I beat the story, I started heading back through and finishing up with my leveled up character. It made things WAY easier.

Edit: Also, its good to look at stats. I try to get a guy with around 3 bars in both acceleration and speed and at least a few in handling. Football Manager was the first guy I started with.

So one thing I tried doing was racing on Medium until the character was all the way leveled up. I'd always lose the races until my guy was leveled up, but usually could manage 3 stars on everything else. I'd do the drag races, traffic ones, ring races etc on Hard, and the regular races on Medium. Once I beat the story, I started heading back through and finishing up with my leveled up character. It made things WAY easier.

Edit: Also, its good to look at stats. I try to get a guy with around 3 bars in both acceleration and speed and at least a few in handling. Football Manager was the first guy I started with.
Maybe that's what I'm missing. I've been using characters high in speed and boost (Shadow, Ralph, and now the Golden Axe dwarf), but they are horrible in Acceleration. Since I inevitably get hit, this is probably a bad move :)

What is the All Star rating for? Does it determine how often you might get the All Star item?

Another question: What failed community vote do you all think we'll get today as a daily deal? I'm crossing my fingers for Carpe Fulgur pack :)

I've been using Ulala with the balance mod. I'm on the third warp gate or whatever and don't really have issues winning races and whatnot on hard with her.

Maybe that's what I'm missing. I've been using characters high in speed and boost (Shadow, Ralph, and now the Golden Axe dwarf), but they are horrible in Acceleration. Since I inevitably get hit, this is probably a bad move :)

What is the All Star rating for? Does it determine how often you might get the All Star item?

Another question: What failed community vote do you all think we'll get today as a daily deal? I'm crossing my fingers for Carpe Fulgur pack :)
I honestly have no idea what the All star stat does. I've been all the way through career and I've only gotten it twice. All I can tell from google is that it controls how good the move is (the constant attack you can do when you have all-star, I didn't even know this existed until a few days ago lol.)

Knuckles is probably my favorite character. Hes got 3 in everything except All-star, which is so rare that it doesn't bother me. Alex Kidd is pretty similar too.

I'm not the greatest so the Acceleration stat is important to me for when I crash plus get hit by attacks.

Good luck!

Edit:

Also make sure you know about all the boosts. Drifting gives you a boost, and you can quickly switch your drift direction if needed to go for the bigger boost. Also doing tricks over jumps gives you boosts as well. These extra boosts could easily make or break ya.

I'm still waiting for Sonic Racing to drop low enough for me to snag it up. It looks to satisfy my Mario Kart fix on the PC. I wish I had noticed it earlier when the Sonic bundles were on sale.

I'm still waiting for Sonic Racing to drop low enough for me to snag it up. It looks to satisfy my Mario Kart fix on the PC. I wish I had noticed it earlier when the Sonic bundles were on sale.
It was $7.49 during the steam sale or $5 each in a four pack. What number is low enough?

Definitely try to pick it up next time it's on sale (and we probably shouldn't be waiting for Sonic Hits price glitch again...)

I've been enjoying this game much more than any other Kart racer (MK included), and I don't even like racing games.... I think the only driving I've enjoyed in the past couple years was in SRTT and Sleeping Dogs haha.

Yeah, so how is that Sims 3: Supernatural expansion?
It's amazing being a Vampire means only having to drink "blood juices" which equals less time having to worry about food and more time building up your empire of crime, plus with sims 3 pets you can have all of that and have a Corgi in crime with you.

You obviously don't know Jack good sir :lol: At least you've played the games, I've never been able to play it. Still need to pick it up. One day :)
I haven't played much of the new one (have it on PS3), but I've read terrible things about the PC version. The old ones were great, though.

My favorite zombie game is Bioshock. *nods*

I actually thought BioShock was overrated. Sure it had a unique and interesting setting, but the story dragged out a bit too long for my tastes.

lol... everyone is making too much out of nothing...lol... it's definitely off topic, but stop with the sensitivity people.

Back off-topic:

I was playing Noitu Love 2 - Decrapolution and there were..... ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy.

Mutant Mudds should have named his game Zombie Zeds then he would be greenlit... or not because that wouldn't change the fact 50% of the people who see his page vote it down.  Look within yourself for your own faults.

Back to Noitu Love... ummm... yeah I guess if that and ARES made Steam I'd be frustrated as a dev when my game, Firing Range - The Original Emo RPG, was rejected from Steam.

But Noitu Love has ZOMBIESSSS so that explains it all. 

Hey now, Trapped Dead is the ONLY zombie RTS I know of, so you've gotta give it points for that.
Zombie Tycoon, though its only for playstation platforms.

Yes, main reason I said Killing Floor is because OP lumped in Left 4 Dead with zombie games. If L4d is a zombie game, then Killing floor is a zombie game, the developer even initially describes them as zombies on their "buy this game" page before saying no, they are "cloning experiments gone wrong."

All this zombie movie talk and it's pretty much all post 2000s, I guess I'm that old. No Return of the Living Dead? now that was a movie that balanced horror and laughs really well.

Yes, main reason I said Killing Floor is because OP lumped in Left 4 Dead with zombie games. If L4d is a zombie game, then Killing floor is a zombie game, the developer even initially describes them as zombies on their "buy this game" page before saying no, they are "cloning experiments gone wrong."

All this zombie movie talk and it's pretty much all post 2000s, I guess I'm that old. No Return of the Living Dead? now that was a movie that balanced horror and laughs really well.

On top of being maddddd corny it also started the whole "BRAIINNNSSSS" zombie crap... they were purely flesh eaters before then. ROTLD has its place but really not in my top list of zombie movies. If you want laughs and zombies go for Dead Alive.

Is the daily deal Ultrabundle with all the Puppy Games worth grabbing? Anyone has opinions on some of it's games?
Yeah, they make nicely polished, generally fun, and somewhat unique games that draw heavy inspiration from classics. You should check out some of the gameplay videos or the WTF?-type reviews to see if the basic premises appeal to you. They may not be for everyone.

The price is good.

Return of the living dead is a classic! One of my favorites.

In my opinion, the only Living Dead movie that was any good was the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. That shit was scary, and they shot Jay Leno. But really, this is what we've been talking about; there are other great "infected" movies such as I Am Legend and 28 Days/Weeks Later that don't fit into the "undead" premise of zombies, but are relatively the same thing. What you have to consider is that the zombies are actually created by an infection, and as such they should really be called "infected" movies/games. Same goes for REC/Quarantine, where the infection has religious connotations. We should just call 'em infected from now on, or accept any infected horror movie as a zombie movie.

No, Sex and the City doesn't count.

You could own the #1 largest and most-valuable untouched game-library and backlog among all Steam members.

2nd, 4th and 5th are currently your primary account, alt account, and farming account for which you couldn't resist buying more Sega roms, respectively.

Whoa, way too far off topic my friend. Essay there. :speaktothehand:
I actually thought BioShock was overrated. Sure it had a unique and interesting setting, but the story dragged out a bit too long for my tastes.
photo-thumb-259084.jpg

lol... everyone is making too much out of nothing...lol... it's definitely off topic, but stop with the sensitivity people.

Back off-topic:

I was playing Noitu Love 2 - Decrapolution and there were..... ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy.

Mutant Mudds should have named his game Zombie Zeds then he would be greenlit... or not because that wouldn't change the fact 50% of the people who see his page vote it down. Look within yourself for your own faults.

Back to Noitu Love... ummm... yeah I guess if that and ARES made Steam I'd be frustrated as a dev when my game, Firing Range - The Original Emo RPG, was rejected from Steam.

But Noitu Love has ZOMBIESSSS so that explains it all.

Considering that The War Z rechristened itself, I would love to see Nation Red change to a title with "zombie" or something similar in it.

How much loot did the dev leave on the table by calling it Nation Red? I've read countless posts in which it's referred to as "Red Nation". Not good.

In my opinion, the only Living Dead movie that was any good was the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. That shit was scary, and they shot Jay Leno. But really, this is what we've been talking about; there are other great "infected" movies such as I Am Legend and 28 Days/Weeks Later that don't fit into the "undead" premise of zombies, but are relatively the same thing. What you have to consider is that the zombies are actually created by an infection, and as such they should really be called "infected" movies/games. Same goes for REC/Quarantine, where the infection has religious connotations. We should just call 'em infected from now on, or accept any infected horror movie as a zombie movie.

No, Sex and the City doesn't count.
Some people get really offended when you call the I Am Legend creatures zombies. It's a really blurred line. Technically the Romero zombies were infected by radiation from some space shit and the ROTLD ones were infected by like nuclear waste so they have always been "infected." Some people like to make a distinction, but for the most part the general idea is the same. I've always considered the 28 Days Later series a zombie series.

Considering that The War Z rechristened itself, I would love to see Nation Red change to a title with "zombie" or something similar in it.

How much loot did the dev leave on the table by calling it Nation Red? I've read countless posts in which it's referred to as "Red Nation". Not good.

Funny thing is there is a PSN game called Dead Nation or Nation Dead and I always get the titles confused. Definitely not the best name for Nation Red.

Playing more Rogue Legacy. I am liking the game but it seriously needs a texture swap every so often. I like the whole progression aspect of it but the game suffers from yes the level is randomized every time, but it's still the same enemies, same backgrounds, etc. It starts to get old after awhile.

What really would of made the game be awesome is if there was 3-4 different layouts per part of the castle (as in enemies and textures). I mean yeah it's a roguelike, but at the same time I am dying like every 5-10 mins so seeing the same intro screen, the same shop screen, same everything is just blah. I guess with other roguelikes you die less often or have the chance to die less often so it's less noticeable where here, it's all about dying and repeating until you bought enough powerups to win the game.

Yeah Nation Red should be renamed. I mean if you tell someone the name Nation Red and tell them what they think it is, they will probably not think Zombies, that's for sure.

Stalker series 75% off never played them but looks interesting, kind of like a first person dead space. Anyone play them and are they worth it

Stalker series 75% off never played them but looks interesting, kind of like a first person dead space. Anyone play them and are they worth it
They're not at all a first person Dead Space. They're closer to a "more open" Metro 2033.

Somewhere between that and Fallout, I think...

A lot of PC gamers consider them to be classics. The one I played didn't resonate with me much.

EDIT: The loyalty discount thing seems to be gone for the last game.

Call of Pripyat was one of the first games i got back when i purchased my 9800 gt card. I thought it was a great game and the modding community is fantastic as well. I agree that it is more along the lines of an open world metro 2033/Fallout than Dead space. So if you liked Fallout or Metro id say go for it!

Ab-so-freaking-lutely.

Think of a more open Metro 2033, if you played that.

EDIT:

STALKER: SOC + Call of Pripyat are great.

STALKER: Clear Sky was good, but nowhere as great as the other 2.

Highly recommend the entire series.

It's not a successful troll week without Jade Empire at 75% off.
Better imo, it these weren't even discounted during the SSS. And a nice firm discount, right in time for that CoP mod. I'd been wanting to pickup CoP (on steam).

Sure, failed trolling attempt, but a sale I'm happy to see. ^_^

If you like FPS style games with a great story, atmosphere, realism, and replayability they are must haves. If you are a run and gun TF2/MW/COD style FPS player then you will definitely not enjoy it. For each game, consider grabbing the COMPLETE mod for each. Beyond that, there are a few other high quality overhaul mods for each game that totally make them worth replaying.

I have 110 hours invested in Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat on Steam, and probably 200 hours on SoC non-Steam.

Still waiting for Call of Cthulhu to get better than 40% off again.  Used to be 50%, and I held out.  Now I miss 50%.

If that ever does get 50% off in a sale again, I'd probably buy it, guaranteeing 80% the week after the sale ends for the rest of you.

It's been too long of a gap between to be confident in my impressions (but I swear the force feedback is a smoother and stronger in the G27 over the DFGT).

G27 has a clutch, DFGT doesn't.
DFGT has a sequential shifter perma-mounted next to the wheel.(and okayish paddle-shifters). G27 has nice easy paddle shfiters (metal thing you see inside the wheel, ) and a really nice separate H-shifter.
Button layouts differ.

I feel the DFGT is a solid budget-conscious choice. I *really* like racing games so the extra hundred makes sense for me.
IRL I drive a stick. Toss me behind the wheel of an automatic and my clutch-foot and shifting-arm feel lost and confused.

Amazon's DFGT price history.
Amazon's G27 price history.
I can't speak for the G27, but I remember being a bit disappointed when I finally got a G25. I took the dive about a year ago after spending a little over a year with the DFGT in GT5 and Race 07. The build quality feels better and its cool to have the pattern shifter, but I thought the clutch was disappointing. It feels like it functions more like a switch than a real clutch which has a progressive feel and as a result some techniques feel unnatural. Maybe its just because I have been riding motorbikes for so long, but I tend to use the clutch to control wheelspin on acceleration and you can't do that. Ashes is right about the quality of the FFB though. I believe it has to do with the motor configuration.

If its your first wheel, I would go with the DFGT and see if you use it. Worst case, you resell it and pick up a more expensive setup. If you can find a G25/27 for an extra $50, I would say thats worth the upgrade, just for the build quality and components.

Still waiting for Call of Cthulhu to get better than 40% off again. Used to be 50%, and I held out. Now I miss 50%.

If that ever does get 50% off in a sale again, I'd probably buy it, guaranteeing 80% the week after the sale ends for the rest of you.
Quakecon's next week, so there's a really good chance it'll go on sale then, though who knows if the discount'll be higher than during the Summer Sale.

Yes, the I find the G27 clutch a little underwhelming (force vs displacement issue imo), but it still gives me something to mash on for quick shifts.  I can also see why a lot of people feel that fanatec pedals are the best single upgrade from G27.  (Brake and accelerator have some room for improvement as well.)

Oddly, I learned to drive manual on a motorcycle before manual on a car.

Kitty want.  

cspv2l_1.png

Grabbed Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky.  Now just need to see Expeditions: Conquistador for $5 and the SSS will be complete for me.

I only played Shadow of Chernobyl and loved it. Started CoP but only played a half hour or so -- I think I just needed a new genre of game at that point.

Anyway, Stalker is a semi-open world survivalist FPS with slight RPG elements (mainly inventory management). It can be a bit brutal with a steep learning curve when you start but if you enjoy bleak Soviet-style atmosphere, it has that in spades. I personally recommend getting the Complete mod for it which enhances the graphics, fixes a bunch of bugs and adds a couple quality-of-life improvements without drastically altering the game.

I only played Shadow of Chernobyl and loved it. Started CoP but only played a half hour or so -- I think I just needed a new genre of game at that point.

Anyway, Stalker is a semi-open world survivalist FPS with slight RPG elements (mainly inventory management). It can be a bit brutal with a steep learning curve when you start but if you enjoy bleak Soviet-style atmosphere, it has that in spades. I personally recommend getting the Complete mod for it which enhances the graphics, fixes a bunch of bugs and adds a couple quality-of-life improvements without drastically altering the game.
Just wondering, do you know if the latest version is from 2009? Its sort of confusing since its called stalker 2012, but the last uploaded release I see is from 09

-edit

nevermind, saw this on the info page:

Note: we are in the middle of the new 2012 update, the current and the latest available mod version is STALKER Complete 2009 1.4.4 until further notice.

I played SoC, only a few hours with the complete mod. I love that game, the survival elements are GREAT. I remember once playing through a dark stormy night... Enemies patrolling the area, the flashlights... I had to hide by some junk lying there waiting for them to pass by... But another patrol came from another flank... It was so real and scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back