The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Grid's DLC, which had been a no-show outside of the filthy console gutter until now, was recently included in the MAC version.

A becoming Beaver noticed the compatibility with PC and yada yada yada I'm really tired today it's finally in the PC version.

VirtuaIceMan has GRID Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:26pm

Confirmed, works a treat, adds the following:

8-Ball Pack:
- McLaren F1 GTR
- TVR Cerbera Speed 12
- Mitsubishi 2.0 Turbo Lancer Evolution X
- Honda S2000
- Nissan GTR GT500
- VW Nardo
- Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
- Volvo C30 Green Racing

Prestige Pack:
- Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, Australia
- Lamborghini Gallardo GT
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
- Mazda Furai
- Mercedes SLR McLaren 722
- Honda Integra Type-R (DC5)
- Lotus 2-Eleven
- Bugatti Veyron
- Jaguar XKR GT3
- Ferrari F430 GTC
- Ferrari F575 GTC

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12750/discussions/0/846960628298842164/

@hasheeshkitty

Grid is 3.74 for the next 8 hours.

I tried Sentinel for a while but it bored me and I gave up.
I had the same feelings initially as well. I've always enjoyed the 'pure' classes more (Adept, Engineer), though the Vanguard does have a special place in my heart. However, after trying out the ME2 shotgun Sentinel with Assault Armor, I changed my mind. I'd call it a slower paced ME2 Vanguard or a ME1 Vanguard/Engineer mash-up. It is so satisfying to rush up to a group of enemies while blasting their shields off only to have your AA fire off a pulse and knock them on their asses (while still retaining some of your own shields) only to then finish them off with a shotgun blast to the crotch. Though, until you can level up your Tech Armor and get a shotgun (assuming you don't mod one) it can be frustrating due to having to use a different strategy up to that point.

I had the same feelings initially as well. I've always enjoyed the 'pure' classes more (Adept, Engineer), though the Vanguard does have a special place in my heart. However, after trying out the ME2 shotgun Sentinel with Assault Armor, I changed my mind. I'd call it a slower paced ME2 Vanguard or a ME1 Vanguard/Engineer mash-up. It is so satisfying to rush up to a group of enemies while blasting their shields off only to have your AA fire off a pulse and knock them on their asses (while still retaining some of your own shields) only to then finish them off with a shotgun blast to the crotch. Though, until you can level up your Tech Armor and get a shotgun (assuming you don't mod one) it can be frustrating due to having to use a different strategy up to that point.
Yeah that's a good point; I did give the Sentinel a try again in ME3, but I didn't like that game enough to play it more than twice. I also thought it was much easier overall with the addition of many more biotic combos, some of which can be executed when enemies still have shields/barriers. Vanguard was still tough so I used Adept for my Insanity run.

I actually loved experimenting with the different classes and power trees in the ME3 multiplayer. I loved Resistance 2's class-based PvE co-op, and ME3 had much of the same flavor with greater variety. I stopped playing eventually when I realized how loopy the "lottery" system of feedback really was, but otherwise I think I enjoyed it more than any other shooter multiplayer so far.

Yeah that's a good point; I did give the Sentinel a try again in ME3, but I didn't like that game enough to play it more than twice. I also thought it was much easier overall with the addition of many more biotic combos, some of which can be executed when enemies still have shields/barriers. Vanguard was still tough so I used Adept for my Insanity run.

I actually loved experimenting with the different classes and power trees in the ME3 multiplayer. I loved Resistance 2's class-based PvE co-op, and ME3 had much of the same flavor with greater variety. I stopped playing eventually when I realized how loopy the "lottery" system of feedback really was, but otherwise I think I enjoyed it more than any other shooter multiplayer so far.
ME3's RNG unlock system is awful. Over 500 hours in and I still haven't unlocked every weapon, and I only have one ultra-rare weapon maxed. I guess EA loves it so much that they're adding it to BF3. GAMERS LOVE GRINDING has to be their new motto. Oh well, it does artificially extend the lifespan of a game for completionists. Unfortunately, I think it turns even more people off.

It's my only complaint though...other than the horrible matchmaking, lack of text chat, AWESOME BUTTON, etc. Still my favorite multiplayer game ever. Just so damn satisfying making things go boom.

It's my only complaint though...other than the horrible matchmaking, lack of text chat, AWESOME BUTTON, etc. Still my favorite multiplayer game ever. Just so damn satisfying making things go boom.
I agree with this. I tend to enjoy co-op multiplayer much more than competitive MP and I thought ME3 was one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had in recent memory.

I never minded the random unlock system from ME3. As someone who likes having something left to earn, I enjoyed having those ultra rares always there as a possible 'Ooo!' when I opened a pack. Ever since I maxed out my manifest it's been a little less interesting to play. The most effective weapons were generally rare as well, and thusly, easy to unlock.

But I suppose I just enjoyed playing that game so much that it never felt like grinding to me.

I agree with this. I tend to enjoy co-op multiplayer much more than competitive MP and I thought ME3 was one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had in recent memory.
Totally. Currently my favorite multiplayer experience to date, and now my most ever game played outside of City of Heroes.

https://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection -- Petition. Sign it. C'mon... sign it. The primary platform is PC.

DBeTAqWdNQZWCOT-556x313-noPad.jpg

Announced today for PS4. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/timesplitters-rewind-in-development-for-playstation-4

So there seems to be a consensus that Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is supposed to release on Steam today, but I can't find a lick of information on Steam itself about it.  Maybe it's a surprise 10am release.

I kind of liked the random system of ME3 and welcome it in BF4. It's not like that stuff is going to be insanely OP in a game like BF4. They still need to keep stuff like that balanced, and in BF4 it will probably be a lot of cosmetic stuff anyway.

ME3's RNG unlock system is awful. Over 500 hours in and I still haven't unlocked every weapon, and I only have one ultra-rare weapon maxed. I guess EA loves it so much that they're adding it to BF3. GAMERS LOVE GRINDING has to be their new motto. Oh well, it does artificially extend the lifespan of a game for completionists. Unfortunately, I think it turns even more people off.

While it does turn some people off, it's obviously one of the main things keeping people around as well. There was some stats released earlier this year on Bioware Social about how many packs are redeemed weekly and there wasn't a sharp drop-off to be seen over the first year

On this topic, what other recent games had fun class-based co-op PvE multiplayer?  I really like this combination of game mechanics, but the only other game I played that did this was Resistance 2 (sadly, R3 dropped the co-op PvE like a bad habit).  I know Syndicate had something similar as well but I haven't played the game yet.  How is the co-op in that game?  Are there any other games I might be missing?

daily deal

Save 60% on Metro: Last Light during this week's Midweek Madness*!

It Is the Year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.

As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…

*Offer ends Thursday at 4PM Pacific Time

19.99, still way higher than best buy's price

TODAY'S DEAL
Offer ends in
47:31:41

damn it, ninja'ed,  guess it's best I just stick to posting burger pics.

On this topic, what other recent games had fun class-based co-op PvE multiplayer? I really like this combination of game mechanics, but the only other game I played that did this was Resistance 2 (sadly, R3 dropped the co-op PvE like a bad habit). I know Syndicate had something similar as well but I haven't played the game yet. How is the co-op in that game? Are there any other games I might be missing?
I have yet to try it, (even though it's free & I have it downloaded) but Warframe is PVE & supposedly pretty great.

New Alienware Promo

You get a Steam code that gives you Zeno Clash and a coupon for 33% off Zeno Clash 2. The coupon doesn't have a restriction so it's currently stackable.

edit: Apparently you cannot redeem the code to get the coupon if you already own Zeno Clash 1.

New Alienware Promo

You get a Steam code that gives you Zeno Clash and a coupon for 33% off Zeno Clash 2. The coupon doesn't have a restriction so it's currently stackable.

edit: Apparently you cannot redeem the code to get the coupon if you already own Zeno Clash 1.
thanks, already have zeno clash though.

steam key

greed: black border

BL623-GEYP9-F35CA

edit

lol, checked my inventory, and I already have the coupon too lol from a useless badge I crafted.

ugh, i forgot how dumb new ubi games are on steam

launch rayman legends and it just generates a UPLAY key, then launches UPLAY where you input the key and can launch the game. also no 1080 resolution support.

seriously, how does that sound like a good idea for anyone involved? still, gotta thank JAKENOME for the amazing price.

ugh, i forgot how dumb new ubi games are on steam

launch rayman legends and it just generates a UPLAY key, then launches UPLAY where you input the key and can launch the game. also no 1080 resolution support.

seriously, how does that sound like a good idea for anyone involved? still, gotta thank JAKENOME for the amazing price.
wow. I was REALLY tempted to get it from nome when he had it, but now I'm sorta glad I didn't. I think I will just get it sometime down the road for my peasant box, as it sounds like the PC version doesn't have anything special (ie. higher resolutions).

You're Welcome :)

Steam Keys
Anomaly Warzone Earth x 3
The first 3 to quote this post get 1 each.

Awesome!

kinda concerning that no reviews for Outlast have popped up yet

the game looks super dope and i was thiiiiis close to preordering, guess i'll wait for the new Amnesia instead 

Add me to the Disgruntled McPixel Booster club. I purposely avoided idling that game, in the hopes that still having available drops would prevent me from getting said booster.
And I now have joined those who have taken a ride on that most horrible of booster pack emotional roller coasters... The joy of finding a new inventory item and the crushing despair of it being mcpixel...

kinda concerning that no reviews for Outlast have popped up yet

the game looks super dope and i was thiiiiis close to preordering, guess i'll wait for the new Amnesia instead
Is Outlast going to have mod support like the old Amnesia? If so, I need to pre-order that meow before the price goes up.

A big reason I'm avoiding the new Amnesia is the lack of custom story support. They couldn't put it in for technical reasons or something. Huge disappointment for me.

Hopefully they will send me the code before then.

I'll send you a PM when I get the code for the coupon.

Big up!

I created another account because it's been nearly an hour since I requested the coupon. If I do get a coupon, you can take my accompanying Zeno Clash key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back