The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, what do you gamers think of *THIS* Seagate 3TB Internal HDD for $109 on Newegg (with coupon EMCWXXW24):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A-_-EMC-100113A-Index-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148844-L0C

Anybody got this drive or anything similar and run some games off it?

EDIT:

I should note - I have two WD Black 1TB HDD w/ 64 MB cache and 7200 RPM installed on this PC.

D wants and needs more space for game-running.
Nice! I have that exact hard drive and it's been running great for 10 months since I bought it from Newegg back around Thanksgiving. They were running a sale the day before Thanksgiving (without any rebates) for $89.99. I now wish I would have bought two. Gah.

The speeds are quite good and consistent for a SATA 6.0Gb/s drive. I use an ADATA 256GB SSD for Win7 and setup the 3GB partitioned into 2GB for all of my Steam, Origin, Uplay game libraries & installs. The other partition (~1GB) is for music, digital dvd copies, & all that fun itunes media stuff. Everything runs smooth and snappy.

I highly recommend it. I use to primarily use WD Black hard drives but in my new PC build I went with Seagate & ADATA (SSD). Very happy with both, no complaints. $109 is the lowest I've seen that Seagate HD in a while as I've been tracking it on Amazon, Newegg & TigerDirect after buying mine.

Nice! I have that exact hard drive and it's been running great for 10 months since I bought it from Newegg back around Thanksgiving. They were running a sale the day before Thanksgiving (without any rebates) for $89.99. I now wish I would have bought two. Gah.
Thanks for the info!

BTW, that exact drive's been $20 cheaper before?

Bleh! :(

The speeds are quite good and consistent for a SATA 6.0Gb/s drive. I use an ADATA 256GB SSD for Win7 and setup the 3GB partitioned into 2GB for all of my Steam, Origin, Uplay game libraries & installs. The other partition (~1GB) is for music, digital dvd copies, & all that fun itunes media stuff. Everything runs smooth and snappy.
Wait - did you mean 3TB, where 2TB petition for games and 1TB for media?

I highly recommend it. I use to primarily use WD Black hard drives but in my new PC build I went with Seagate & ADATA (SSD). Very happy with both, no complaints. $109 is the lowest I've seen that Seagate HD in a while as I've been tracking it on Amazon, Newegg & TigerDirect after buying mine.
Again - thanks for the info!

You're close enough to Black Friday, why not just wait? You know they'll be plenty of HDD sales then. Unless you expect to run out of space in the next <60 days.
I don't think I'll run out of space before BF sales.

EDIT:

I got about 25.2 GB open on internal drive 1 & around 160 GB open on internal drive 2.

Any opinions on Mars?

I'm considering picking it up at this price with wallet money, as the setting seems intriguing as hell to me and I'm ok with a bit of jank in my gameplay.

Good purchase?
I've enjoyed what I've played of it. I didn't like the FOV or how close the camera was to my character while walking around, but on the steam forums the devs have a post telling you how you can change both the FOV and camera distance with a few tweaks. After I changed the camera to my liking I enjoyed what little I played.

New indie bundle launches tomorrow.

Big Bad Bundle

6 games. All Steam. Bonuses. Child's Play. Starts at $1.

I'm not seeing anything new.

twitter
facebook
Saw this earlier but didn't post it because it's 100% repeats.. maybe some of the "bonuses" will be new.

EDIT: Also, the mystery games for the Flying Bundle have been unlocked. They're both Garshasp games.

Wait - did you mean 3TB, where 2TB petition for games and 1TB for media?
I sure did mean 3TB... ugh, long day.

I was pretty surprised to find the best deal on a 3TB HD before Black Friday last year. Two days before, but still kind of surprising. Black Friday's price was $109.99 if I remember correctly. Sneaky Newegg.

Saw this earlier but didn't post it because it's 100% repeats.. maybe some of the "bonuses" will be new.

EDIT: Also, the mystery games for the Flying Bundle have been unlocked. They're both Garshasp games.
Would be worth it if I didn't have Vessel and Adventures of Shuggy already. Everything else on the list...meh. And LOL at the Garshasp games. I'm sure that'll get some people to jump on it...

Half Life 3 trademarked!!!!

97z1t0kns77k.gif
Omf, I hope so.

arrested-development-blue-myself.gif

Does anybody recommend or have an opinion on Receiver, Suger Cube: Bittersweet Factory, Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Mind Games DLC, or Speedrunners?

All of those on-sale Steam specials look somewhat interesting from afar.

Does anybody recommend or have an opinion on Receiver, Suger Cube: Bittersweet Factory, Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Mind Games DLC, or Speedrunners?

I bought Receiver myself. It got some good reviews. Figured it was worth 2.50.

Receiver devs apparently have ties to Humble so I'd hold off for the inevitable, Sugar Cube has been about $1 cheaper during the SSS, and Speedrunners and SotS: The Pit DLC is only -50% off, and as such violates the -75% or GTFO CAG commandment.

Just in case you wanted some reasons not to buy them, as I haven't played them myself and as such have nothing to say about their quality ;)

They ran great minimized on my system as I idled for cards, not sure about actual gameplay though.

Uh, it's made by the guy that CREATED the Humble Bundles. :p

Also, you're interested in Garshasp? Do you like bad games? If so... be still my heart.
*shrugs* I don't know, I like fantasy action adventure games, and all I know about Garshasp is they fall into that niche so I'm willing to give them a try. I don't expect to like them, but for the price of free I don't see a reason not to give them a go...

Came here to share this, but knew way better than to expect it to not already have been posted hours ago

Now, to bitch about why we're getting HL3 and where HL2: Episode 3 is?!
Now that Valve has trademarked it, they're going to wait another 6 years or so before they finally announce the game is in development.

Prediction:

Valve releases Steambox, nobody buys it, company suffers major losses like Sega did with the Dreamcast. Half-Life 3 never gets released.

[customspoiler=Gaben sez]
3qrf6e.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Okay, what do you gamers think of *THIS* Seagate 3TB Internal HDD for $109 on Newegg (with coupon EMCWXXW24):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100113A-_-EMC-100113A-Index-_-InternalHardDrives-_-22148844-L0C

Anybody got this drive or anything similar and run some games off it?

EDIT:

I should note - I have two WD Black 1TB HDD w/ 64 MB cache and 7200 RPM installed on this PC.

D wants and needs more space for game-running.
Doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. I'd hold out for Black Friday. Unfortunately, anymore there aren't any GOOD magnetic hard drive companies left.

I'm running steam on dual 3TBs in RAID 0 over a UEFI BIOS. My Formatted Disk size is 5.45TB.

My OS is on a Samsung 840 250Gb SSD. I highly advise, if you can make it happen, get an SSD for your OS. Even the lower end ones (like my non-pro model Samsung) are incredibly fast.

Prediction:

Valve releases Steambox, nobody buys it, company suffers major losses like Sega did with the Dreamcast. Half-Life 3 never gets released.

If valve really wanted to push steambox sales they could give away early access copies of Half-Life 3 with each system sold.

HL3 = timed exclusive to SteamBox.

I don't think there's anyway they would do that. Even if they did it would become a timed exclusive on torrent websites until it got released to actual Steam.

edit: Offtopic. I just watched Seven Psychopaths. That movie is fucking hilarious and Sam Rockwell is amazing.

If I were you, I'd wait for a deal on X Rebirth, if you want a space sim. That game looks like it's going to be pretty legit, from what I've seen. If you wanted an easy way to get into space sims, you could've just gotten the x series humble weekly.
Yeah, that's on me for not looking into what the X games actually are. Oh wells.

Big Bad Bundle is live, if anyone that cares.. For some reason I thought it'd be $1 for 6 games.. but that's apparently not how it works. It's split into 3 tiers. Much worse than I thought it'd be.

http://bigbadbundle.bundledragon.com/bigbad

$1:

Hamlet + Artbook
Hack, Slash, Loot + OST

$5:

Adventures of Shuggy + OST
Tobe's Vertical Adventure + Artbook

$8:

Cargo Commander
Vessel + Artbook
???? DRM-free puzzle game (unlocks 2nd week)

Big Bad Bundle is live, if anyone that cares.. For some reason I thought it'd be $1 for 6 games.. but that's apparently not how it works. It's split into 3 tiers. Much worse than I thought it'd be.

$1:

Hamlet + Artbook
Hack, Slash, Loot + OST

$5:

$8:

Cargo Commander
Vessel + Artbook
Oh wow, yeah screw that.

But hey, there's a mystery surprise if you pay 8 dollars for all these bundle repeats.

They may have taken their name too literally by calling it the Big Bad Bundle.

All the tiles on their homepage are big... and the bundle itself is really bad.

Yeah,. not gonna pay 8 for a bundle.  There's something about paying more than 5 that really bothers me for some reason.  It's why I'm not even tempted by the Humble Weeklies anymore.  1-3-5, that's  a good progressing, that'll tempt more people.  Me?  I'm always good for a dollar.

$1:

Hamlet + Artbook
Hack, Slash, Loot + OST

$5:

$8:

Cargo Commander
Vessel + Artbook
These guys are delusional.

Between this bundle and the new Indie Royale, a lot of money is being saved today.

The Not on Steam sale is live. It's a collection of indie developers that are holding a sale on games that are not on Steam, though most are on greenlight. It was put together by the developer of Race the Sun which recently got some press about the difficulties of selling games before they hit Steam and the problems associated with greenlight. 

I didn't see any of the steep discounts that CAGs expect, but I think the idea is good and some of the games are interesting and at least worth checking out to see if you want to vote for them on greenlight.

If you do decide to buy, most of them seem to be pledging Steam keys for when that day comes. They're the games with the key icon.

http://notonsteam.com/

The Not on Steam sale is live. It's a collection of indie developers that are holding a sale on games that are not on Steam, though most are on greenlight. It was put together by the developer of Race the Sun which recently got some press about the difficulties of selling games before they hit Steam and the problems associated with greenlight.

I didn't see any of the steep discounts that CAGs expect, but I think the idea is good and some of the games are interesting and at least worth checking out to see if you want to vote for them on greenlight.

If you do decide to buy, most of them seem to be pledging Steam keys for when that day comes. They're the games with the key icon.

http://notonsteam.com/
Are you sure it's live? It says it starts in 28 minutes for me.

Cute Things Dying Violently is currently free BTW

Official start time is in 28 minutes, but as this is done through humble store widgets and the like almost all of the prices have already dropped.
Looks like a lot of stuff that was previously bundled and a few items that probably shouldn't ever make it to Steam.

There are a few intriguing items, though, like Leviathan, Longshot, and Blood of the Werewolf. EDIT: And Ostrich Island--I missed that when it was on sale at shinyloot.

Looks like a lot of stuff that was previously bundled and a few items that probably shouldn't ever make it to Steam.

There are a few intriguing items, though, like Leviathan, Longshot, and Blood of the Werewolf. EDIT: And Ostrich Island--I missed that when it was on sale at shinyloot.
Longshot was practically given away for free by the dev a while back. He put it on sale for 5 cents on Desura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back