The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lot of stuff that was previously bundled and a few items that probably shouldn't ever make it to Steam.

There are a few intriguing items, though, like Leviathan, Longshot, and Blood of the Werewolf. EDIT: And Ostrich Island--I missed that when it was on sale at shinyloot.
Still appears to be on sale, Ostrich Island, $1.60 with a Desura Key (coming soon...er...yeah).

Also watch out for the pesky "Gold edition" games in Bundlestars especially if you're someone who likes to keep their Steam Library clean.  Rather than just giving you a license for the DLC, it has a completely separate entry in your library.

u3ZoMXV.png

NGkJoDM.png

Big Bad Bundle is live, if anyone that cares.. For some reason I thought it'd be $1 for 6 games.. but that's apparently not how it works. It's split into 3 tiers. Much worse than I thought it'd be.

http://bigbadbundle.bundledragon.com/bigbad

$1:

Hamlet + Artbook
Hack, Slash, Loot + OST

$5:

Adventures of Shuggy + OST
Tobe's Vertical Adventure + Artbook

$8:

Cargo Commander
Vessel + Artbook
???? DRM-free puzzle game (unlocks 2nd week)
Wow...I mean I know it's a jerk thing to say that $8 for 6 games is a lot...but compared to other bundles this is just sad...

Or Platinum games

Bayonetta is the shit
Vanquish is freaking dope!

New BundleStars is live.

• Commander: Conquest of the Americas Gold
  • WWIII: Black Gold
  • KnightShift
  • East India Company Gold
  • Panzer Claws
All Steam keys for $2.46.
Pass on that, though thanks for reminding me I should probably pick up the Indie Rush Bundle before it goes away...

The Not on Steam sale is live. It's a collection of indie developers that are holding a sale on games that are not on Steam, though most are on greenlight. It was put together by the developer of Race the Sun which recently got some press about the difficulties of selling games before they hit Steam and the problems associated with greenlight.

I didn't see any of the steep discounts that CAGs expect, but I think the idea is good and some of the games are interesting and at least worth checking out to see if you want to vote for them on greenlight.

If you do decide to buy, most of them seem to be pledging Steam keys for when that day comes. They're the games with the key icon.

http://notonsteam.com/
Hmm, not a whole not of fantastic discounts, but I kinda feel like just supporting some of these guys for the heck of it. Anyone have anything to say about:

Will Fight for Food ($1.25)

Super Lemonade Factory ($2.49)

Rose and Time ($3.50)

Plasma Being ($2.25)

6180 the moon ($2.99)

Blood of the Werewolf ($4.99)

Ostrich Island ($3.50)

The Yawhg ($5.00)

MouseCraft (PWYW, $1.00 for Steam key I presume)

Six Sided Sanctuary ($2.50)

Full Bore ($5.00)

Oozi: Earth Adventure ($2.49)

Girls Like Robots ($5.00)

The Sea Will Claim Everything ($5.00)

Hasn't Black Gold been in some kind of bundle? Groupees?
The WW2 and WW3 games were in the Topware Interactive Groupee. ISome of the games in that bundle were on Steam but didn't come with Steam keys. That might suggest we don't see added Steam keys for that particular bundle.

Games that have been bundled, for anyone curious:

Fibrillation (Bundle in a Box Eclectic Delights, Indie Gala Colossus)
McDroid (Indie Royale Debut Bundle, IndieGameStand)
Vox (Adventure Role Playing Groupee, Indie Royale The Prarie Dog Bundle, IndieGameStand)
Zombies. (Groupees Build a Bundle 4, IndieGameStand)

Mousecraft has a PWYW promo currently ($1 minimum). They promised Steam keys if it got greenlit

Race the Sun was greenlight. That's the game that sparked the whole Not on Steam sale thing. Great timing. The dev has been soliciting games for the event for a solid week or so. I wonder when he found out.

edit: looks like he got an email right at the announcement.

When did Dear Esther and Reaxxion get added to Bundle Stars Indie Jam 3?  I never seem to notice any these bonuses getting added to BS stuff, strange.

Edit: Thanks, MNS.  I should have known BS would have it's own thread. :dunce:

Daily Deal
Bit.Trip.Runner Franchise Pack - $16.99 $5.77 (-66%)[*]BIT. TRIP Runner - $9.99 $3.39
When did Dear Esther and Reaxxion get added to Bundle Stars Indie Jam 3? I never seem to notice any these bonuses getting added to BS stuff, strange.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308470-bundle-stars-thread-new-blaze-of-glory-bunde-250-5-steam-games/page-4#entry11083901

Hmmm really debating that franchise pack. I'll probably wait for the winter sale, maybe it'll get up to 75% off by then.
Just a heads up: BIT. TRIP Runner is effing hard as king kong monkey balls! I'm still trying to make my way through it, and I'd typically consider myself pretty good at rhythm and platformer games. 2 added checkpoints which should make things a lot more manageable, but figured I'd give a heads up incase anyone wasn't aware. BIT. TRIP games in general are legit difficult, but really cool if you can get through them ;)

Sorta kinda OT, but could someone point me in the direction of an online (i.e. free) resource on a primer in VB and data scraping.  I'm fully ingrained in using my own Access DB for organizing my games, but I'd like to add functionality to it such as pulling data from HLTB.

Spoder said it wasn't that great, but he's the only one I know who has played it. I'm waiting to get it myself since I missed the Amazon bundle, but I might hold out for 75% off.
I'm kicking myself on missing those bundles as well. But, since I've already picked up a few of the included games I was interested in, I caved and bough M:WL from our friendly Shady Panda Peddler now that his price dropped to $5. Will it go lower or be bundled now that I bought it, probably. (You're welcome.)

Spoder said it wasn't that great, but he's the only one I know who has played it. I'm waiting to get it myself since I missed the Amazon bundle, but I might hold out for 75% off.
Mars War Logs isn't great, but if you like scifi RPGs (the gameplay is much like Mass Effect) I think you'd probably enjoy it. The counter system is a bit difficult to get used to, and the lock-on system is useless. Half the time you try to counter, it's like the AI intentionally misses.. and when you don't try to counter, they hit you lol. The story/script is ok, but the story doesn't really go anywhere. If this was a trilogy or something, it'd make more sense.. but the story seems kinda rushed and isn't fleshed out.

The combat is repetitive, and there isn't a whole lot of variety to it. There's an entire skill tree full of stealth upgrades, but it seemed pointless to use stealth in the game, so the variety that the game does give you is limited by the skills usefulness. You'll mostly be using melee attacks, along with technomancer abilities. There's only 1 "gun" in the game, which is the nailgun. Good early in the game, but I felt like there wasn't much point in using it after you have access to the technomancer skills.

If you're a big fan of scifi RPGs, I'd recommend picking it up at $5.

I'm kicking myself on missing those bundles as well. But, since I've already picked up a few of the included games I was interested in, I caved and bough M:WL from our friendly Shady Panda Peddler now that his price dropped to $5. Will it go lower or be bundled now that I bought it, probably. (You're welcome.)

NEW I've gotten word (source: sources) that an intense fracas is taking place in the natural habitat of the imperiled Peddling Panda. Let's do it live goddammit:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzbjR4X78zg[/youtube]

The WW2 and WW3 games were in the Topware Interactive Groupee. ISome of the games in that bundle were on Steam but didn't come with Steam keys. That might suggest we don't see added Steam keys for that particular bundle.
Well, I hope spoder's right about this one.

Topware might include Steam keys eventually, since they plan on adding them for Gorky 17 and Septerra Core.

Longshot was practically given away for free by the dev a while back. He put it on sale for 5 cents on Desura.
Er, I went back and played the YouTube video and it looks like that opening shot is actually the best part about Longshot, anyway.

Still appears to be on sale, Ostrich Island, $1.60 with a Desura Key (coming soon...er...yeah).
Thanks for the tip. This actually appears to be a daily (with some fortuitous timing). Sub $2? I'm sold. It's an ostrich sim with hats--TF2 with flooding and no guns. What's not to love? I know it'll show up in a Groupees or IR within the next few months, but this is sufficiently off-the-wall that I might actually play it soon.

Audiosurf 2 (Early Access) is now available on Steam.

$14.99.

Speaking of Pandas...

edit: system requirements after the jump

• Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: Intel HD3000 
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
  • Hard Drive: 350 MB available space 
  • Additional Notes: Runs well on even older systems with minimal settings

It seems Nba 2k14 is currently not available in my region. Which is odd since I just saw the store page yesterday. Is it only available in NA currently?

Won't lie, I hope this does well because it could open a whole can of awesome virtual pen and paper games.
I do too...it's a cool product...For me tho, it's a bit pricey (not only for the core setup Players/GM copies, but $15/$20 for each additional ruleset), not sure how that will do on Steam...I'd wait for a sale....or find something free....like, I wonder how this is: Roll20

Thanks for the tip. This actually appears to be a daily (with some fortuitous timing). Sub $2? I'm sold. It's an ostrich sim with hats--TF2 with flooding and no guns. What's not to love? I know it'll show up in a Groupees or IR within the next few months, but this is sufficiently off-the-wall that I might actually play it soon.
I bought it too. There is a paucity of Ostrich Simulators out there right now. I *am* simulating an Ostriches life, aren't I? I mean I would think so with the wearing of hats and such...

damn, check out the requirements for watch dogs

Base Specification

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
CPU: Quad core
RAM: 4GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 460
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
CPU: Eight core
RAM: 8GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification
GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
CPU: Latest Eight core or more
RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689385

Brutal.

damn, check out the requirements for watch dogs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689385

Brutal.
Eight cores recommended?

What happened? Did UbiSoft start hanging out w/ Rockstar for system-requirements on their PC gaming or something?

(reference to GTA4 PC's ridiculous requirements upon its release).

I'd hate to see what GTA5 PC will require...

EDIT:

My PC - i7 950 @ 3.06 Ghz Quad Core processor w/ multi-threading (4 cores, 8 threads); 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of DDR3 RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

The recommended 8 core cpus are really just quads with HT though (or hexa with HT for ultra)

I've let Runner2 sales pass by a few times even though I've been dying to play it since launch (loved the first one).. Close to caving on the Franchise pack, really weird pricing to have it only .70 more than the single game alone, and include both soundtracks, normally $3+ each.. The non-75% sin can be absolved by the 'will play immediately' exemption.

But I'm pretty annoyed that the Good Friends character pack isn't included, or even on sale.. The one bundle it is included in is $20, even! Seems like a pricing overlook/error, but it's been several hours. Runner2 = $5. Runner + Runner2 + 2x ST = $5.75. Runner2 + ST + GF = $20??

Anyone have the Good Friends pack? Is it just a handful of character skins, and that's it? I feel dumb, but it's the kind of thing I will likely want eventually, just not sure it's worth waiting for yet another sale to be included..

I've let Runner2 sales pass by a few times even though I've been dying to play it since launch (loved the first one).. Close to caving on the Franchise pack, really weird pricing to have it only .70 more than the single game alone, and include both soundtracks, normally $3+ each.. The non-75% sin can be absolved by the 'will play immediately' exemption.

But I'm pretty annoyed that the Good Friends character pack isn't included, or even on sale.. The one bundle it is included in is $20, even! Seems like a pricing overlook/error, but it's been several hours. Runner2 = $5. Runner + Runner2 + 2x ST = $5.75. Runner2 + ST + GF = $20??

Anyone have the Good Friends pack? Is it just a handful of character skins, and that's it? I feel dumb, but it's the kind of thing I will likely want eventually, just not sure it's worth waiting for yet another sale to be included..
If it's a game you're going to play now, I'd buy it, and wait on the Good friends pack, it'll be on sale this winter. Or you can buy the bundle that's on sale, and buy the good friends pack separately, It IS only 3 bucks, after all. I always try to wait out for the all time low price being matched or at least 75 percent off, but if it's a game I really want/a game I will play immediately that kind of goes out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back