CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ready to jack into the grid, cyber cowboys. Steam has added VR support as a category.
Awesome news! I've been using the Wikipedia page to see what games are coming out with Rift support (or planning to add it). It'll be great having a list right on Steam. I know No More Room In Hell is a Half-Life mod, but I wasn't sure if Rift support would carry over. I don't think it does for Stanley Parable.

At one time, Portal actually had native Rift support, but they removed it because there were some bugs. I can't wait to see what else gets added. Playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on the Rift is pretty much one of the best things ever. Actually, now that I say that...I see ETS2 isn't on their list. Neither is Slender: The Arrival, Kairo, or Retrovirus...all of which have native support.

You are calling HGA a platformer are you? Because if so it's no wonder you hate platformers so much.
Well, yeah, I call a lot of things platformers. I'd refer to both of these as puzzle-platformers, if it makes you feel better.

It's going to be a Humble Indie Bundle. Mark my words. And Steam started selling ebooks a while ago and we went through the whole "Steam is selling eBooks" "wait, Steam is selling eBooks" "wait, eBooks are being sold on Steam" "wait, I went on Steam and I saw an eBook" "wait, I saw an eBook when I went on Steam" "wait, I thought I was on Amazon I saw an eBook on Steam" "wait, I was on Steam and I thought I was on Amazon I saw an eBook"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233410/
Well, I have to disagree with you here: the "digital books" that you're citing here (they also have one for Portal 2 and ME 3) are sort-of multimedia doodads with pictures and video clips and audio and other such nonsense. This is an actual, honest-to-deity-of-your-preference ebooks in mobi, pdf, and epub formats.

Here's my top ten games of the year, #1 being my favorite. These are not by any means games that came out this year, but the games I played this year:

10. Mark of the Ninja
9. Hotline Miami
8. DC Universe Online (I have 275 hours logged on this game)
7. Mass Effect 3 (I actually liked this game BETTER than ME2)
6. Walking Dead
5. Spelunky
4. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
3. Awesomenauts
2. Dungeon Defenders
1. Rocksmith 2014 (This "game" is an incredible guitar teaching tool that actually works.)

My portable gaming was restricted to this:

And 90% of the time I played them through the packaging at Wal-Mart until the battery ran out and then put them back on the shelf.

I envy you. I wore shirts like this:

And usually with the tags still on while I was at Wal-Mart. And I would take them off and put them back on the rack before we left the store.

You're monsters!! :shame:

I was a pretty spoiled kid, though admittedly not as spoiled as my own kids are.

For example in 1994 my mom took me to the Nintendo Powerfest™ road tour in Tulsa, OK where I won a t-shirt that looked like this:

T-shirt%20-%20Nintendo%20PowerFest%201994.jpg

Which I wore nearly every week until it finally gave out about 6 years later when I was in college.

*Steam thread is now the nostalgia thread
Dude, who sneezed Doritos on your Nintendo shirt?

Here's my top ten games of the year, #1 being my favorite. These are not by any means games that came out this year, but the games I played this year:

10. Mark of the Ninja
9. Hotline Miami
8. DC Universe Online (I have 275 hours logged on this game)
6. Walking Dead
5. Spelunky
4. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
3. Awesomenauts
2. Dungeon Defenders
1. Rocksmith 2014 (This "game" is an incredible guitar teaching tool that actually works.)
Tell us more about your experience with Rocksmith! I tried the original a bit but didn't get into it. Is 2014 a big upgrade?

I saw a complete in box Virtual Boy at a thrift store a little while ago...so it figures I had no money on me to actually buy it :oldman:
Isn't that a good thing? I mean, unless you actually want to bleed from your eyes.

Also, I just found a video of Mooby's and Idiot's gene-spliced son.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAITAuuk-8[/youtube]

Here are some games I didn't enjoy this year:

Dark Souls
Castlevania LoS
Remember Me
McPixel

Games I enjoyed this year:

Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery Nut Brown Ale
Sam Adams Octoberfest and Winter Lager
Red Robin
Five Guys
Penn Station East Coast Subs

Damn it...somebody snagged this!
In regards to Europa Universalis III, I have Chronicles, Complete and Chronicles Collection which all three seem to be the same thing:

Europa Universalis III

Heir To the Throne (expansion)

Divine Wind (expansion)

Does this sound correct? If so then I might have an extra key you can have wtsutton if you are willing to try one or two to see if they are still unused.

Edited to add: I got that free version from Gamefly back in April and it came with a registration key but no indication if it is Steam. Anyone buy/claim that version? Their game pages don't provide much info since they updated their store.

Is there a way to sort your games list by last played date beyond the Recently Played list?  Maybe through ES?  I can't remember what I just went into the kitchen for let alone what games I played in a given year.

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, unless you actually want to bleed from your eyes.

Also, I just found a video of Mooby's and Idiot's gene-spliced son.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAITAuuk-8[/youtube]
As someone who is very tired of the recent surge in popularity of people ranting about games on youtube, I found it amusing.

Also, anyone who visits San Francisco should make their way to Fisherman's Wharf to check out the Musee Mecanique. It's very cool. Yes, CAGs, it's free to enter, though everything does take coins to play.

Today is a good day Walking Dead Season 2 and also just ordered a Nvidia Geforce 760 GTX for $176.00 after rebate and was able to get the Newegg chat rep to give me Assassins Creed IV + Splinter Cell Blacklist because it was added to the video card 40 minutes after I purchased it, but still was able to get the -$24 promo code. Gonna sell my current video card (Geforce 570 GTX) on eBay for $110+ profit also the Nvidia bundle games which I already own for another $25+ profit.

So in light of all this good news, have some bundle games:

Hydrophobia: Prophecy Steam Key:
HP656-J8GH4-DH6EI
HP398-XMB4K-H5EVH

Satazius Steam Key:
P0K9X-3MG9I-FFIHM
NX6GV-M2G7W-XLKXK

Men of War : Red Tide Steam Key:
ZIXCJ-R0HF5-FPDKI

Men of War: Condemned Heroes Steam Key:
XVD0D-YWPWL-7ZIZF

Reign: Conflict of Nations Steam Key:
ZIBEG-LE5IY-AHCX5

XIII Century - Gold Edition Steam Key:
ZIL5N-0BNIR-032GH

The 39 Steps Steam Key:
H3L0K-D6BLZ-L5C9F

eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package Desura Key:
3DFFC-0B26F-E3004-14C85
3DFDE-AA5AD-C3632-3BBD2

eXceed Gun Bullet Children Desura Keys:
5551F-9A253-87AEC-922BD

Satazius Desura Key:
C859B-B393D-CDD5F-15E05
C8646-6AF7C-1D950-38BB0

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Desura Key:
6C265-1EE33-6DC1E-506C9
6C267-8BBD2-017B1-D31A9
6C271-A207A-E904D-769F7

Awesome news! I've been using the Wikipedia page to see what games are coming out with Rift support (or planning to add it). It'll be great having a list right on Steam. I know No More Room In Hell is a Half-Life mod, but I wasn't sure if Rift support would carry over. I don't think it does for Stanley Parable.

At one time, Portal actually had native Rift support, but they removed it because there were some bugs. I can't wait to see what else gets added. Playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on the Rift is pretty much one of the best things ever. Actually, now that I say that...I see ETS2 isn't on their list. Neither is Slender: The Arrival, Kairo, or Retrovirus...all of which have native support.
Have you tried AAAAAAAAAA for the Awesome with Oculus Rift? It's probably one of my favorite games on Steam to play with Rift support, with ETS2 and Surgeon Sim 2013 as runners up.

Today is a good day Walking Dead Season 2 and also just ordered a Nvidia Geforce 760 GTX for $176.00 after rebate and was able to get the Newegg chat rep to give me Assassins Creed IV + Splinter Cell Blacklist because it was added to the video card 40 minutes after I purchased it, but still was able to get the -$24 promo code. Gonna sell my current video card (Geforce 570 GTX) on eBay for $110+ profit also the Nvidia bundle games which I already own for another $25+ profit.

So in light of all this good news, have some bundle games:

<drop>
Grabbed 3rd Cherry Tree High Desura key. Thanks!

A good Ubi humble bundle would be bananas - Blood Dragon, Gunslinger, Trials...they have some excellent properties at downloadable prices.  Won't happen, though.  They gotta be the one major that holds out, right?

Dark Souls
Castlevania LoS
Remember Me
McPixel

Red Robin
Five Guys
Are you drunk this early in the day?

Oh, sorry I tagged you on those Euro Truck Simulator decals? For some reason, I remembered you as being a person who posted about that game several times. Maybe I was drunk.

Dude, who sneezed Doritos on your Nintendo shirt?

Tell us more about your experience with Rocksmith! I tried the original a bit but didn't get into it. Is 2014 a big upgrade?
I never played the original, but I've been told it loads a LOT less, the riff mode is much more flexible, and there are tons of lessons and arcade games that help you learn stuff. My favorite: A zombie game that teaches you chords. It's basically Typing of the Dead with chord strumming instead of typing.

I never played the original, but I've been told it loads a LOT less, the riff mode is much more flexible, and there are tons of lessons and arcade games that help you learn stuff. My favorite: A zombie game that teaches you chords. It's basically Typing of the Dead with chord strumming instead of typing.
Sounds great. Well, I'm sure I'll pick it up when it hits $7.50. In the meantime I've always got the original in the olde backlogue.

Dark Souls
Castlevania LoS
Remember Me
McPixel
Red Robin
Five Guys
This is a great idea. Here are some games I didn't like enough to finish:

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Dead Island GOTY (too hard)
Spore
Payday: The Heist (Shooting cops weirded me out)
Monaco
Dark Souls (Too hard, duh)
Terraria (too much like an actual job)
Mount and Blade Warband (Doing missions was too buggy in the world map. Too hard to find people and generally know exactly how to fulfill missions).

These assholes at Ubisoft post a press release on their PC forum yesterday about how the major AC4 DLC is releasing today on PC and Xbox. Then today, after people complained the game hasn't updated yet, they reveal it's been delayed for PC. Ubisoft!

No, people complain about Uplay and Origin because they're not Steam, but there's nothing really wrong with them. A lot of folks prefer to get games on Steam because of Steamworks fancy stuff like cheevos and cardz, and there's nothing wrong with that either.
...I just prefer to try and keep all my games together, as much as is reasonable.

While I agree that sometimes people do not like uplay or Origin for silly reasons,
I don't think it's considerate to throw everyone's opinion out the window just because those DRM platforms never affected you. For me specifically, I used to use a piece of internet filtering software called Covenant Eyes, which usually harmlessly ran in the background. However, with uplay's latest big update 2 or 3 months ago, it constantly clashed with CE and thus would instantly crash whenever it started. This never occurred with Steam or Origin, so imagine my frustration that the game I bought on Steam would not start because uplay also had to launch in order for the game to even boot up. This is especially frustrating because I love Ubisoft games (Rayman Legends, FC3, and now Rocksmith 2014) so it was a bummer not being able to play these games because of this bug. I even went through Ubi customer support (who were very helpful by the way) and they confirmed it was some conflict between these two pieces of software.

Eventually I was forced to uninstall CE just so I can play uplay games. This is fine for now since I plan to sell my computer soon anyway, but it's pretty annoying that I paid for both software and they don't play nice with each other. I'd have to imagine the problem is somewhere on uplay's side, since I can play Steam and Origin games just fine.

So long story short, there are problems with having multiple pieces of DRM when you legitimately purchase a game. Thankfully most people won't experience these issues though, but they exist.
Sounds like you never had the joy of trying to get a 3com 10BT network card and Adaptec SCSI card to peacefully co-exist circa 1999. Both were excellent cards, they just didn't play well with each other. Or get multiple versions of (forget exactly which linux library) to coexist. Or be the only person on the net to install RedHat 5.1 on the first laptop to have a 1024x600 display with a currently unknown S3 graphics chip. (I had two of those (warranty replacement), both had serial numbers under 300.)

Hmm... interesting. I haven't played too many first person sandbox games so I don't know how annoying this would be in FC2. I know when I completed Infamous 2 and SRTT, I was quite peeved that there were so few enemies for me to toy with using my super powers :(
SRTT's hard setting significantly upgrades your enemies (at least early/mid game).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/13520/discussions/0/648811126403334595/ Reports here are that it works just fine in Win8. Perhaps the demo is of an older build? Of course, as always, YMMV.
Demos are almost always out-of-date builds and are pretty useless (when they don't run well) for determining if the game will work on your 'puter or not.

I'm glad I kept this puppy around:

virtualboy.jpg
So bulky... and only monochrome.

Free_Shipping_3_D_glasses_red_blue_Re_useable_Pla.jpg

Well, I have to disagree with you here: the "digital books" that you're citing here (they also have one for Portal 2 and ME 3) are sort-of multimedia doodads with pictures and video clips and audio and other such nonsense. This is an actual, honest-to-deity-of-your-preference ebooks in mobi, pdf, and epub formats.
If I can't read it on my Nexus 7, it's not really a book. =)

In regards to Europa Universalis III, I have Chronicles, Complete and Chronicles Collection which all three seem to be the same thing:
Europa Universalis III
Heir To the Throne (expansion)
Divine Wind (expansion)

Does this sound correct? If so then I might have an extra key you can have wtsutton if you are willing to try one or two to see if they are still unused.

Edited to add: I got that free version from Gamefly back in April and it came with a registration key but no indication if it is Steam. Anyone buy/claim that version? Their game pages don't provide much info since they updated their store.
Complete is missing Heir & Divine Wind. Chronicles includes Heir and Diving Wind. Irritatingly EUIII has a mac version but Heir and Divine Wind don't.

<hears, "let it go kitty, let it go">

Humble Bundle PC and Android 8

Little Inferno
Gemini Rue
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Jack Lumber

Pay more than the average to unlock
Hero Academy
Anomaly 2

Complete is missing Heir & Divine Wind. Chronicles includes Heir and Diving Wind. Irritatingly EUIII has a mac version but Heir and Divine Wind don't.

<hears, "let it go kitty, let it go">
I see now. Complete has III along with Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine. The version I claimed was from IndieGala Dwarves (Chronicles Collection) and included Complete plus Heir and Divine Wind. I couldn't figure out how I got those expansions on my Steam account because I thought I redeemed just the Complete version.

MOTOR ROCK OBTAINED. Thanks, JakeNome! It's now sitting in my inventory until I find out if the game is being pulled or not.
So if it gets pulled we can't get updates, right? I'd be interested in it for potential split screen multiplayer, really. But if I were to buy it now just in case it got pulled, then I'd be shooting myself in the foot as I'd be unable to get said update ..

The Humble Store Winter Sale has started. Everything includes a Steam key.

[gs]0ApuPW_S5osdXdF81UEUzRUlUX2I4d25IVkJ5UTQxRmc[/gs]

My apologies to anyone viewing on mobile. 

Indie Royale Nutcracker Bundle

1. PixelJunk Monsters - Steam
  2. Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Steam
  3. Prime World: Defenders - Steam
  4. Dungeon of Elements - Desura
  5. Legend of Fae - Steam
This is almost worth it just for PixelJunk Monsters... almost...

I had a blast playing the original on my PS3 years ago, and it was still fun earlier this year playing it on Vita. However, I'm sure it'll be cheaper later and the rest of these games are nothing to write home about (perhaps some people like PW:D but it's included in a cheaper bundle).

Now I want the Bundlestars bundle. . . .
Indie Royale launched their bundle at the same time as the new Humble Bundle and included Prime World: Defenders that is also in Bundle Star Bundle, they must be really confident with how well their bundles are selling.

Indie Royale Nutcracker Bundle

1. PixelJunk Monsters - Steam
  2. Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Steam
  3. Prime World: Defenders - Steam
  4. Dungeon of Elements - Steam Greenlight and Desura
  5. Legend of Fae - Steam
I want PixelJunk, already have Fester Mudd in like two other bundles... I've also had Legend of Fae on my sights for a while.

But no. Those bastards had to add THIS FRIGGIN AWESOME ALBUM TO THE BUNDLE.

I can't believe I'm paying seven bucks for all this...

This is almost worth it just for PixelJunk Monsters... almost...

I had a blast playing the original on my PS3 years ago, and it was still fun earlier this year playing it on Vita. However, I'm sure it'll be cheaper later and the rest of these games are nothing to write home about (perhaps some people like PW:D but it's included in a cheaper bundle).
Well, I'm pretty sure I already have Fester from a Groupees and I can't quite figure out whether I even want Dungeon of Elements but my spoder-sense is telling me no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back