CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I had around 600 hours in Skyrim before I finally bit on Dragonborn/Dawnguard.

They are NOT essential to that game.  Personally, I think the two factions introduced actually make the game worse for my themed playthroughs.  Plus, there are plenty mods that don't require owning all the DLC.

Skyrim is just Fallout 3 with swords, bows and magic. Get new ideas Bethesda.
in all fairness, elder scrolls came first. fallout 3 rips off of oblivion.

either way, i'm fine with it. fallout/elder scrolls titles are some of my favorites, so i dont mind the similar combat/vast world/exploration

I also think your point doesn't invalidate my point that there aren't many games that rival the exploration and freedom in elder scrolls games

Dear regulars of this thread, If we are friends on Steam good, there is nothing more you need to do

If not, add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/djbooba/

You will understand if you follow directions.

If you are not a regular, you can add me but I can't promise amazing things like I can for the regulars, but you never know.

"If All Of Your Wishes Were Granted, Many Of Your Dreams Would Be Destroyed"

Dear regulars of this thread, If we are friends on Steam good, there is nothing more you need to do

If you are not a regular, you can add me but I can't promise amazing things like I can for the regulars, but you never know.

Does this mean you're going to hack my wishlist and fill it with nothing but Bad Rats, Fowl Space and SoTMC?

(Too late, cause I own all three.)

Someone decided borderlands 2 goty is too "good" at 75% off, so they changed it back to 50%. :rofl:
Yes! I knew it was a price glitch! Now, I don't feel so bad for paying "full steam price" instead of getting it cheaper through Jake... I really thought the game was restricted.

Well, that took awhile to 'correct'.
I'm wondering if someone at Gearbox/2K finally noticed and requested the fix...?

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare won....
Wasn't that a daily or a a flash sale already...?

On the topic of complaining about too much DLC...

Why doesn't anyone ever bring up Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War?

It's like you're only complaining at a 5th grade level.
Its Games Workshop... Its sort of to be expected. There costumers (I can/do include myself in that) are use to overpaying for things and/or paying for extra options... Hit up Forge World and Black Library for examples. (I don't shop at the last two sites... but I DO wish I could.)

I lied.

Is $20 for the Legendary Edition a good price?
It is... but with a big caveat. The retail anthology has been on sale a few times now and has gotten as cheap as 25 dollars from Amazon. It includes steam version of the Skyrim (LE), Oblivion (GOTY), Morrowind (GotY) and physical copies of the other games...

Now, if your going to start playing it today I don't think anyone will want to revoke your CAG credentials for buying it.

Some semi-cheap game:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1WOR6 $1.19

did amazon pricematch this to single dlc at steam (which are $1.19 a piece) :D?
That game gets super frustrating,,,

Lastly, did we come to a consensus on the community vote? (other than it doesn't matter...)

I added you dj I hope a burger and fries appear next to me I'm hungry.

Are you a genie?
Wishmaster.jpg

Eh, don't know if I count as a regular but....he promised "amazing things."

Could be a box, if so, what's in the box?

Could be a boat? another box? I have to know!

Elder Scrolls: Arena was out before Fallout 1.
Fallout 1 is the the spiritual successor to Wasteland (1988). Brian Fargo and the team couldn't get rights to use the Wasteland name from those Dericks at EA. Nice try Derick. ;)

Bringing up the original Bard's Tale trilogy is a more apt progenitor. Do you have any idea how many hundreds of hours of geek youth were spent on it? (I'm not trying to slight Wasteland, that's hundreds more hours... came out later.)

I don't own any of them, on the PC, which one is the best game overall?
binding of isaac

Fallout 1 is the the spiritual successor to Wasteland (1988). Brian Fargo and the team couldn't get rights to use the Wasteland name from those Dericks at EA. Nice try Derick. ;)

Bringing up the original Bard's Tale trilogy is a more apt progenitor. Do you have any idea how many hundreds of hours of geek youth were spent on it? (I'm not trying to slight Wasteland, that's hundreds more hours... came out later.)
nah

everythign pretty much ripped off of pong

That's two wishes right there, right?
Fries are DLCs. So much DLC.

Eh, don't know if I count as a regular but....he promised "amazing things in bed."
I misread that.

Actually I checked out his profile an hour or two ago, one of the most unusual play-time distributions I've seen. (When people I don't know well try to friend me, I get curious about their gaming habits.)

I would say Binding of Isaac, lots of content for the price. Dear Esther is one of those non-games that is short and about some sort of story (I haven't played it.) Braid is a good choice as well, but the creator kills that idea for some people.

I guess it depends on what type of game you are looking for. And then pick a different one, because the one you choose will probably not win if the Community Vote system continues on its current path.

That and I don't play those crappy bundled indie games.
You don't play the good ones either.

Added you, though my gut feeling is to expect the worst.

But I'm also feeling hungry, so I should probably just eat something.

That game gets super frustrating,,,
I didn't like it that much when I played through in on PS3, but, I might buy it anyway to try the DLC and post a review, since that's apparently the only thing that keeps me going -__-

I've only played Braid but I really liked it. Some will say it's pretentious hipster crap, but I think regardless of the story the gameplay is really clever and the art and music are gorgeous. If you haven't played it and it somehow wins (which I'm doubting) it's definitely worth your time.

I'd post my Steam review but I'm too lazy right now. It's on the store page for interested parties.

Burger and fries are one thing. You really can't have one without the other. Except chips, those are an acceptable substitute. By your logic, wishing for a new car is really a thousand wishes.
I'll take a Bison burger with sweet potato fries. Oh yes.

Here's my new destined-to-fail sale rule:

Unless I see a sale and immediately say "OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ON SALE FOR THAT CHEAP I'VE WANTED THAT SO BAD!!!", I'm not going to buy it. If I have to hem and haw over it, I must not want it very much.

I didn't like it that much when I played through in on PS3, but, I might buy it anyway to try the DLC and post a review, since that's apparently the only thing that keeps me going -__-
I liked Q's voice work in the game but that was pretty much the only highlight... I didn't make it through the game. It was hard to tell at times if it was a platforming issue (aka missing the jump) or if it you just didn't have the right solution.

I've played Braid, have it on the 360, though I didn't finish it... Its a nice game to get in a bundle but one I likely wouldn't ever pay for again.

Pinball FX2 high scores.
I haven't checked those out yet, but i'm curious, since I noticed he had 278 hours in FX2 iirc.
...then I was thinking 278 hours?!? If he was any good he's have beaten it by now. :rofl:
<gosh, days of disappointing steam sales do strange things to my psyche>

This is true. But how am I to fit them between my 323487687246868x10^5543.1 playthroughs of Mass Effect.
Please don't remind me of backlog that I really should have played by now. I started ME1 a while back, got like 10 hours in and lost traction (needed to address my twitch-gaming needs).

Here's my new destined-to-fail sale rule:

Unless I see a sale and immediately say "OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ON SALE FOR THAT CHEAP I'VE WANTED THAT SO BAD!!!", I'm not going to buy it. If I have to hem and haw over it, I must not want it very much.
Good rule, imo.

I make two types of game purchases:

1. OMG i've been wanting that so bad, finally hit the price I've been waiting for
  2. everything else

wanna guess which gets played? Type-1 or Type-2?

Binding of Isaac. It's got action, randomly created levels, and lots of replayability.

Braid is fun and has a good story but the way the dev acts about the game and how it's toodeep... eh.

Dear Esther is not a game. It's a semi-interactive story with AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS and completely uninteractive levels. Seriously. The game is probably the prettiest on the Source engine. But it's just one guy who walks with the speed of an arthritic old man making monologues about things that happened in his life. Oh and sometimes there's birds flying. And you hear some good music. That's it.

Edit:

And while I was typing this, I got Unholy Heights as a gift from djbooba. Dude, thank you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back