CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I don't have that coupon. I also bought the bundle and the other game and then refreshed. Oh well. I'm almost stubbornly thinking about buying a third one just to say I got something free now.
You've come this far........if you have spare bundle keys you could always ya know.....see how that goes on a spare account

You've come this far........if you have spare bundle keys you could always ya know.....see how that goes on a spare account
I just sucked it up and got:

Giana Sisters Bundle - $3.60

Universe Sandbox - $2.50

Mutant Blob Game - $4 (this one almost made me cry)

Total: $9.10

Free Game - Antichamber ($20)

New Cardz - 15 total new cards - Approx Steambux value of $1.50

Net price - $7.60

So if I lie to myself and say I paid for Antichamber at 75% off ($5) and then paid $2.60 more to get Gianna Sisters Bundle, Universe Sandbox, and Mutant Blob then I can sleep tonight.

Universe Sandbox - $2.50

Net price - $7.60

So if I lie to myself and say I paid for Antichamber at 75% off ($5) and then paid $2.60 more to get Gianna Sisters Bundle, Universe Sandbox, and Mutant Blob then I can sleep tonight.
Prepare for lots of sad crying in the shower when the Humble Anti-Mutant Sandbox Sisters Weekly Sale hits on Thursday.

Universe Sandbox - $2.50

Net price - $7.60

At least Mutant Blobs is awesome, so you shouldn't feel too bad about paying a bit more for it ^_~

Universe Sandbox - $2.50

Net price - $7.60

Although it's a bit of a rip for mutant blobs, if you bought those four games at their all time low prices on Steam, it'd have been almost 15 dollars. The free antichamber really made it worth it.

Prepare for lots of sad crying in the shower when the Humble Anti-Mutant Sandbox Sisters Weekly Sale hits on Thursday.
I find solace in the fact at least one of those would be in the insane $6 BTA on Humble, right?

At least Mutant Blobs is awesome, so you shouldn't feel too bad about paying a bit more for it ^_~
I saw your glowing review of it on Steam. I passed when it was $2 on Amazon, so that made it hurt just a tad bit more.

Although it's a bit of a rip for mutant blobs, if you bought those four games at their all time low prices on Steam, it'd have been almost 15 dollars. The free antichamber really made it worth it.
In a world without bundles I'd be king of the cheapasses.

That's roughly $3.70 more than it'll be in a $1 tier of a bundle tomorrow morning.
It would have been a shoe in for the new bundlestars, actually.

First CAG to transcribe this entire gif gets a free copy of Super Hexagon on Steam:

10r1nr6.gif

Just noticed eeryi's action is on steam now...anybody know if steam keys will be provided to indiegala bundle purchasers, and if so, how to get them?

Hopefully they will just be added to your bundle page on Indie Gala. If not, maybe there'll be a way to get Steam keys through Desura. Also, it's worth noting that in addition to Eryi's Action, a bunch of other previously-bundled Greenlit games were added in the last couple days: Beast Boxing Turbo, Signal Ops, Gimbal, and Ring Runner.

On another note, I'm extremely tempted to try my luck with the Huge Seal, but I have 24 of the games and the rest are screaming "Humble Bundle X" at me.

I fell for the hugeseal trap. Used 3 bundle keys on an alt-account, got RUSH for free. Used the RUSH key on my main account, along with a free Universe Sandbox key Drabe gave me, then bought REUS. Free game was Giana Sisters RotO :whistle2:(. Oh well, I suppose I didn't do too bad. Gambling sucks.

I fell for the hugeseal trap. Used 3 bundle keys on an alt-account, got RUSH for free. Used the RUSH key on my main account, along with a free Universe Sandbox key Drabe gave me, then bought REUS. Free game was Giana Sisters RotO :whistle2:(. Oh well, I suppose I didn't do too bad. Gambling sucks.
That's wut u get for tryin to cheat. Yokozuna came back from his grave to spank you.

Is not a trap, you just gotta own all of the previously bundled / >80% steam sale games. That should leave only the higher priced, more desirable games to be free. Kinda wish I had gotten Toki Tori 2 for free, but I never really expected to.

Is not a trap, you just gotta own all of the previously bundled / >80% steam sale games. That should leave only the higher priced, more desirable games to be free. Kinda wish I had gotten Toki Tori 2 for free, but I never really expected to.

Q: How does the system decide which Steam Key I get for free?
A: The system checks your current Steam Library to see which games you have and tries to give you a random Steam Key for a game you don't already own.
However, the system also checks that for any given game in the campaign a ratio of 3:1 (3 games sold for each free game given) is in place at the time of randomization.

If the ratio is 3:1 or higher at the time of randomization, the game can be given away to you. If it is not at least 3:1 the game cannot be given for free until it has sold more. If you own a lot (or all) of the games in the campaign, it can lead to you getting a game you already own.

So I started playing Pound of Ground and it's ... definitely playable. Competent. It feels like a very low budget horror flick (which is my favorite film genre) and whoever did the English localization had a lot of fun doing it. Or was drunk off their ass. The driving's kinda wonky but functional, and melee attacks feel just like GTA 3.

I'm surprised this hasn't been bundled yet.

I wouldn't recommend paying more than what I did to anyone (3.50, which is the absolute cheapest this game has ever been.) I only paid it because I've been waiting for a sale for quite a while.

Funnily enough, the game is $10 on Steam but $7 on Bohemia Interactive's website...

The only one I actually wanted (but didn't want to pay for) was Antichamber and what did I get...Death Rally and Toki Tori.  I'm going back to playing roulette instead, I have better luck.  I guess $10.75 for 8 games isn't terrible.  At least that's what I'll tell myself.

I gave into the dark side and tried some bundle keys on an alt account. I got...Terraria. Probably better than the 3 keys I dumped for it (SpaceChem, Shadowgrounds 1, and Swords & Soldiers) but still pretty disappointing. Karma I guess.

The only one I actually wanted (but didn't want to pay for) was Antichamber and what did I get...Death Rally and Toki Tori. I'm going back to playing roulette instead, I have better luck. I guess $10.75 for 8 games isn't terrible. At least that's what I'll tell myself.
This promo has tempted me...but I just know this would happen and I wouldn't get one of the games I want (Monaco, Antichamber, The Swapper). I'll wait it out. If they're not in a bundle, they'll be 2.50-5 bucks before you know it.

I gave into the dark side and tried some bundle keys on an alt account. I got...Terraria. Probably better than the 3 keys I dumped for it (SpaceChem, Shadowgrounds 1, and Swords & Soldiers) but still pretty disappointing. Karma I guess.

That and neglecting the FAQ. They got ur ass.

So I've been idling A Walk In The Dark and playing it occasionally.  Turns out the game dynamic switches from time to time.  Not bad.  Wish there was more violence when you die because I die alot. 

So I bit on the Huge Seal

I dont know if this has been posted BUT...the 80% off coupon works on the Giana Sisters Bundle...when you buy that the Huge Seal site views that as you buying TWO games...so I went with a cheapy for my last game and bought Rush. I got Anitchamber as my free game

Not bad for 4.85 in Gaben bucks

with more card money coming in from both Giana sisters games

edit: apparently you need the coupons for both Giana Sisters games in order for it to register as you buying both games. You dont need to use the coupon for the expandalone...you just need to have selected it
In theory, this should work with the Shadowgrounds Pack too, no?

Interesting look into why devs want to be bundled (besides the surge of cash):

Full Bore 
published an announcement

Full Bore is currently #42 in the top 100!
Due to the sales and bundles we've been participating in recently, Full Bore has zoomed up the charts to #42. If Valve is planning on greenlighting another 40 game batch, we are hovering right outside the threshold. We are so grateful to everyone who has voted yes on our game, and if any of you have social networks you can spread the word on, we would really appreciate a mention and a link to our Greenlight page. Also, If you have any ideas for us of ways we can get the word out, please feel free to email us, [email protected]. Thanks again!

It didn't with the Shadowgrounds coupon. I didn't try with the Survivor coupon.
Yeah, I just tried with the Trine pack and that was a no go as well. Must be something weird with how that Giana Sisters bundle is listed on Steam. Anyway...as fun as it was to "gamble" with this deal, I'm out. I rolled the dice twice and ended up with Legend of Grimrock and Death Rally as my free games. So, Huge Seal can suck my huge seal on this one, lol. :lol:

Yeah, I just tried with the Trine pack and that was a no go as well. Must be something weird with how that Giana Sisters bundle is listed on Steam. Anyway...as fun as it was to "gamble" with this deal, I'm out. I rolled the dice twice and ended up with Legend of Grimrock and Death Rally as my free games.
Legend of Grimrock is awesome. Unless you don't have any interest in the genre

So, Huge Seal can suck my huge seal on this one, lol. :lol:
Let's not flatter ourselves now

Legend of Grimrock is awesome. Unless you don't have any interest in the genre
It looks all right. Just wasn't one of the "heavy hitters". I guess it could have been worse. I mean, Neuro got Death Rally AND Toki Tori (not that that isn't a decent game either..but there's such a range in prices here, sometimes you just want to get something of value to justify your purchases). The concept of the site is at least interesting though.

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
There is also the fact you can just hide individual signatures, so I don't see why he isn't just doing that :oldman:

Well consider The Great Seal completely legit, since if you switch the list view there are links for every game (also prices after coupons) ^_~
stoned99 wrote me back, and said he was offended by my steam trade posts
specifically, the large font of my spoilered terms of service and my acceptance of pig bellies in exchange for steam keys. lmao also for some reason he thinks that's part of my sig. :rolleyes:

INMATEofARKHAM said:
They do offer a discount when you buy a MB too... Seem to be 30 bucks off or 20% (as it was a 149 and now its 119)

Anyhow, I got approval to order! :lol:

CPU and MB for 347 after tax... That seems really insane.
should I send you a pm with my address?

Carlmundo said:
Formatting/replies are really messed up for me at the moment on CAG...
are you using Windows 8.1? I've had that problem since updating, but found you can reply to quotes using html only which is a bitch with any advanced formatting.

stoned99 wrote me back, and said he was offended by my steam trade posts
specifically, the large font of my spoilered terms of service and my acceptance of pig bellies in exchange for steam keys. lmao also for some reason he thinks that's part of my sig. :rolleyes:
You should say as a law abiding citizen who doesn't live in Colorado or that other place where the herbz have been legalized, you're offended by his CAG name. Also that your best friend in high school was stoned to death by 99 people so it doubles.

Then you should tell him to grow a pair of balls

Then you should tell him you'll send him a free sample pig belly so he can see they're really not that bad

It looks all right. Just wasn't one of the "heavy hitters". I guess it could have been worse. I mean, Neuro got Death Rally AND Toki Tori (not that that isn't a decent game either..but there's such a range in prices here, sometimes you just want to get something of value to justify your purchases). The concept of the site is at least interesting though.
Grimrock not a heavy-hitter? It's twice as good as Death Really and Toki Tori combined, son!

So I started playing Pound of Ground and it's ... definitely playable. Competent. It feels like a very low budget horror flick (which is my favorite film genre) and whoever did the English localization had a lot of fun doing it. Or was drunk off their ass. The driving's kinda wonky but functional, and melee attacks feel just like GTA 3.

I'm surprised this hasn't been bundled yet.

I wouldn't recommend paying more than what I did to anyone (3.50, which is the absolute cheapest this game has ever been.) I only paid it because I've been waiting for a sale for quite a while.

Funnily enough, the game is $10 on Steam but $7 on Bohemia Interactive's website...
Actually PoG was $2.50 back in the 2011 Halloween sale; I still have the receipt.

I feel bad for English language actors who have to read butchered translations like that one.

Grimrock not a heavy-hitter? It's twice as good as Death Really and Toki Tori combined, son!
I think you misread that. Him getting those two games was part of my "could have been worse" statement (ie. getting two of the cheaper games on the list). It's fine though. Grimrock is awesome...rahhhhhh

Though, I do think Death Really would make an excellent game.

Buying indie games is a trap.

You should say as a law abiding citizen who doesn't live in Colorado or that other place where the herbz have been legalized, you're offended by his CAG name. Also that your best friend in high school was stoned to death by 99 people so it doubles.

Then you should tell him to grow a pair of balls

Then you should tell him you'll send him a free sample pig belly so he can see they're really not that bad
that my state tell me where the stone99 tell him meet me u dont be me to my bro sunasun or u will start war of mns nuts

I'm pleased to announce that I have the answer to the Hot Question of the Day That Everybody's Been Asking:

Will Flow be buying Ashes Cricket 2013?

I can say that... yes, yes he will. (The Panda Price was too good)

First legit cricket game for about four years! Featuring rosters from two - TWO - teams! And commentary from David 'Bumble' Lloyd!

What could possibly go wrong?

It's going to be gash, I know it. Nothing will surpass Graham Gooch's World Class Cricket

grahamgooch.png

Sure, but $6 to BTA for a Humble Weekly is utter rubbish.

I don't think a game like Giana Sisters can be on a weekly. I'm 80% sure it will be in the next Humble Indie bundle, and 50% sure it will be next month ;)

This is prettty off topic for this thread, butttt would you guys say the best time to buy a PS3 be around black friday week, or wait a few months?

This is prettty off topic for this thread, butttt would you guys say the best time to buy a PS3 be around black friday week, or wait a few months?
BF is almost always the best time to get anything. Most stores will have various PS3 bundles for $200. Walmart will also have a 12GB console only option for $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back