CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't you ever watched spiderman? If not, the only thing I remember from that movie is that with great power comes great responsibility...
No, no, no. It's with great power comes fame and success and total awesomeness. Thought that was pretty obvious. Who wants responsibility?

This is clearly not the work of Tebowdragon because I can actually read it. It does not have the same aura of "linguistics genius secretly fucking with us for his phd dissertation or something." (Credit to cheaplikeafox or whoever came up with that idea in the Amazon thread or wherever it was, I can't remember now.)

Like Shaggy would say, It Wasn't Me.... but I'll take credit all the same. All good ideas come from the fox.

nope lol i aint got time to make games i got time to spank aj and get spannk by aj. still not me sorry u will never ever ever find mee
So this is just a coincidence, eh?

Jerry tried palaying thes game once and he kept saying "WHAT" when teh charactars started speaking becuase Jerry dose not undarstand hood getto speeach liek I do because I palay Maddan 2004 over a Xbox Life so I know how to talk street samart. When my possie says "YO WHADDUP IN YA PANTALOONS, G" I was liek "YUO FRONTIN HOMES" and jerry started crying becuase he was beat up by a african amamrican in 8th grade when the guy thought jerry was looking at his tater tots in teh bathroom hAHahHAHAHAHA!!! JERYY SI NOT AS COOL AS MY BOO

Two Questions and you got yurself a deal:

1. Do I get a Steam Key?

2. Is it a Limited Run/Exclusive Edition?

If yes,

Then buy! Buy! BUY!

else

O Rly?!?

1. You go get a Steam key. Not for the software, just from random steam keys I have leftover from bundles.

2. Sure and you get your names in the credits and you get limited edition jpeg cover art and if you are ever in Seattle you can have an exclusive dinner with me if you pay and don't actually sit with me, but maybe at the next table.

I'm hoping it gets bundled w/U get spanked...been waiting for a sale on that for awhile
Unfortunately, U Get Spanked is currently in alpha. We've made a lot of progress, but we still have a lot of things to add to the game. Right now the hand doesn't make full contact to the buttocks so it's more like U Get Fanned, but I think it really shows where we're headed.

We've currently got plans to add different size and colored hands, finger nail colors and patterns, gloves, rings, and our ultimate goal - arms connected to the hand.

Also, everyone who buys it now will get a Steam key when it gets greenlit.

Steam In-Home Streaming

In-Home Streaming

Many Steam game developers are currently working on native SteamOS titles, which will result in the best possible living room experience being delivered to their customers. In the meantime, we believe it’s important to make sure that the existing catalog of games is also available to Steam users in the living room. So we're working on in-home streaming, a way for people with good home networks to seamlessly play their Steam games anywhere in the house.

We've posted a short series introducing the feature on Steam:
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Responsiveness
Part 3: Home Networks
Part 4: Beta Testing
Part 5: Q & A

Please join our Steam In-Home Streaming community group for more information and a chance to be selected for the upcoming beta test.

Unfortunately, U Get Spanked is currently in alpha. We've made a lot of progress, but we still have a lot of things to add to the game. Right now the hand doesn't make full contact to the buttocks so it's more like U Get Fanned, but I think it really shows where we're headed.

We've currently got plans to add different size and colored hands, finger nail colors and patterns, gloves, rings, and our ultimate goal - arms connected to the hand.

So what you're saying is that in its current state it is better than Amp-u-tea? Sold!

Sounds like Motoki is heading up the project. At the very least this game is on his Steam wishlist. :D

I have an extra Waking Mars key from the Humble Android 6 bundle if anyone wants it. Deuterium you get first crack at it.
Drat! I already have it myself, but thank you.

You can make it available for anyone else who might want/need it. :)

Free sure beats $2.49 every time.

They gotta probably gotta make back some $ from that Alien: CM disaster. ;)

So, gotta keep pumping some DLC's out for already established super-popular awesome game...
there was disaster . i thought it was less disaster since i preorder no regrets tho i should finish instead of idling and get aj spanking me all the time

I heard a rumor about Microsoft is into native SteamOS Exclusives and is bringing us...

Fable 2: Complete

Gears of Wars 2, 3, and Judgement

Alan Wake 2

Halo 3, 4, Reach + ODST.

Shadowrun FPS #2

;)
I heard a rumor that microsoft got sick of waiting for Half life 3, so they put their entire company on making it themselves

The game streaming is interesting. Currently I am accomplishing the same thing with wireless hdmi and that doesn't require a second computer at my tv. It's pretty reliable, I don't know if my network, even though it is an AC router, would have the same reliability.

The limitation to the wireless hdmi is that my input devices are still connected to my main computer.  Works great for a wireless 360 controller since both my computer and tv are in the living room, and I also just run a cord from my main computer to my coffee table for my nostromo, and then use a wireless mouse and keyboard. But it isn't a great option for the second bedroom tv.  If this works well I could potentially get a cheap box for my living room tv and for my bedroom tv to make playing my steam library available anywhere in my place.

I like the potential of expanding my steam library anywhere, would be great if it also expanded to include tablets, something akin to the nvidia shield.  That would work great for some of the adventure games I have on steam.

Question # 1 So, who the hell is actually BUYING Steam Trading Cards at these prices (foils and such)?!?! If we are selling them all, what basement dwelling poor soul is actually so OCD that he has to pay $5.00 for a virtual card to complete his collection? Wouldn't you think that by the time he saw that very same card drop to $0.08 2 days after he bought it, he wouldn't be buying anymore. I just don't.....

Question # 2 How many GOTY editions will Borderlands 2 eventually end up with, every time including a new DLC that wasn't in the prior edition? One? Two? Bakers' Dozen?

Question # 3  How many of you have figured out, like I have, that wearing diapers can increase your game time by a factor of 2? I don't need to get up for anything now, and I'm even extra warm for a few minutes. Bonus! Seriously, I'm only 31, but we'll all eventually end up with Depends on, might as well embrace it now and get in some quality gaming without those pesky interruptions, and for weekend sessions, just make sure you have a bottle of Febreze nearby!

#1 It's not nice to judge other's motives.
#2 Does it matter? So far, it's still cheaper to buy the parts induvidually.
#3 Don't excrete bodily waste...ever. Problem solved.

;)
1. he must be rich or dont care just want to flash his ego level on steam

2. 200goty bro gear box suck my assi aint buying ur shit for fucking acm u jerks

3. no thanks i like to get spanky by aj i like to shower yo i dont want stink the house tho i would love family to smell stinky but i rather smell good. i know who need jfoolbarney ehh

Question # 1 So, who the hell is actually BUYING Steam Trading Cards at these prices (foils and such)?!?! If we are selling them all, what basement dwelling poor soul is actually so OCD that he has to pay $5.00 for a virtual card to complete his collection? Wouldn't you think that by the time he saw that very same card drop to $0.08 2 days after he bought it, he wouldn't be buying anymore. I just don't.....
Some lurker with a card collecting disorder was thinking of posting here, asking for help, but after seeing this he started crying and shut his computer down. Then immediately booted back up to check the Steam Marketplace.

You asshat.

Since we've had a series of questions, I'd like to throw my hat in:

Why buy small indie games relatively unheard of?

I have nothing against other people's choices, I'll just be reminded whenever I get an email from Bundlestars or see someone post a new bundle. I'll see plenty of games I never imagined to exist, and therefore don't consider buying them. I want  to know why others do so, as maybe I'm missing out on something, or I don't have the steam hoarding disorder to the same degree as others.

Since we've had a series of questions, I'd like to throw my hat in:

Why buy small indie games relatively unheard of?

I have nothing against other people's choices, I'll just be reminded whenever I get an email from Bundlestars or see someone post a new bundle. I'll see plenty of games I never imagined to exist, and therefore don't consider buying them. I want to know why others do so, as maybe I'm missing out on something, or I don't have the steam hoarding disorder to the same degree as others.
I mean, this is pretty easy. Some games in the bundlestars, etc, might not appeal to you, but they obviously appeal to somebody.

I'm sure some people buy them just because they're cheap and come with a lot of games, so it might be worth the gamble that just one or two of the games wind up being likeable.

Nearly every bundlestar bundle I've seen I've seriously considered buying (yet to buy one, though), because there's typically at least two games I find at least moderately intriguing. In the end though, with my backlog, I'm not buying a bundle unless there's at least one game that's a bit more than "moderately intriguing."

I'm sure there are people out there who *only* like indie games, as well, so things like bundlestars are orgasmic to them.

I mean, this is pretty easy. Some games in the bundlestars, etc, might not appeal to you, but they obviously appeal to somebody.

I'm sure some people buy them just because they're cheap and come with a lot of games, so it might be worth the gamble that just one or two of the games wind up being likeable.

Nearly every bundlestar bundle I've seen I've seriously considered buying (yet to buy one, though), because there's typically at least two games I find at least moderately intriguing. In the end though, with my backlog, I'm not buying a bundle unless there's at least one game that's a bit more than "moderately intriguing."

I'm sure there are people out there who *only* like indie games, as well, so things like bundlestars are orgasmic to them.
yup and pasports gets a spanking by sasha grey for buying i heard maybe?. yes some of it i want bundlestars groupees indiegala indiegameestand has some games i want so i just buy it if it has 2-3 or something interesting i like if not like indie jam 3 i want one game rest bleh so i diddnt buy bloodbath i want one game but didnt buy luckliey a steam friend brought another of it givee me clutch. some bundlees i like enough to worth it.

I must admit, this AVGN platformer is really good. It's hard as balls but it's also rewarding. When you die, you know exactly how you die, there isn't any broken game mechanics.

Reminds me heavily of Megaman for the NES.

Interstellar Marines is 50% off ($7.49 and historical low) at the Humble Store for another 19 hours (1PM CST Tomorrow)!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/interstellarmarines_storefront

Hint: Get this for one of my eventual upcoming BGCQ events, or take the chance once I do the steamgift for the copy I've been siting on.
I actually got the Spearhead Edition for free from the devs themselves during a stream they had. I still haven't even booted it up yet.

Anyone playing Ubisoft games, I need some Uplay friends for some kind of community social chests in AC4. Add me if you want a Uplay friend, my username: deadmachines

Anyone playing Ubisoft games, I need some Uplay friends for some kind of community social chests in AC4. Add me if you want a Uplay friend, my username: deadmachines
Haven't played AC4 yet but I have a Uplay account so I'll add you to help out(if it does actually help).

If anyone wants to add me my Uplay username: CaptainUrahara

I don't use Uplay as often, but I added both of you. :wave:

Edit: Same username as here

Had a buddy recently give me AC4 with his new GTX 770 purchase. I was one of the early adopters of a GTX 770, and I've read that you have also recently picked up a 770, so as 770 brethren, we are now UPlay friends! :bouncy:

#3 Don't excrete bodily waste...ever. Problem solved.
So are you suggesting putting a cork in it, or recycling food so it no longer constitutes waste?

I rarely use uPlay, but I'm pretty sure my username is the same as here and most places, so feel free to send me a request (or I will you, if I get on first).

So are you suggesting putting a cork in it, or recycling food so it no longer constitutes waste?

I rarely use uPlay, but I'm pretty sure my username is the same as here and most places, so feel free to send me a request (or I will you, if I get on first).
i dont even rember mine i dont know it porlly mns sucks heh jk i realy dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back