CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
H: Ambition

W: The World
So you have this...?

Ambition.jpg

And want that...?

Scarface-the-world-is-yours.jpg

literally the only thing i remember about that scarface game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjHh7a9P-YU
You don't remember the beginning of the game - which pretty much retcons the De Palma movie's ending?

EDIT:

That was a good one. I need to go back and finish it. I got it and Godfather around the same time. 100%ed Godfather on the PS2.
I finished Godfather 1 (game).

Never finished Scarface (game) nor Godfather 2 (game).

Assetto Corsa is incredible.

I was expecting a good racing sim.  I got an absolutely amazing in-car experience and the foundation for an excellent PC game.  Can't wait to see how it evolves.

Have: 1, 2, 9

Want: 3, 4

I'm watching that stream for Starforge but I have no idea how to win, I assume he's going to ask questions or something while playing to give away codes.

Have:
l.jpg

Want:
krispy-kreme-bacon-cheeseburger-demotivational-poster-1215057842.jpg

sunasun has also submitted a winning entry. See the updated announcement.
fireworksanimation-11.gif

Thanks to family sharing members (non-CAGs) buying/being gifted games during sales, I can just play some games from their libraries and wait until they're bundled/glitched/hit a price point I want if I want to add them to my own library.

A friend of mine bought The Swapper, Risk of Rain, and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. Another got The Dream Machine, Papers, Please, and I gifted them Guacamelee. Three of those were on my wishlist, and the other three I'd try first to see if I like them. The bad thing is, one of them usually leaves games idle for days, and it's not even for cards since he doesn't care about cards, so I either have to play offline or wait until he closes the game to play while online. They also have other games bought before the sale like TWD S2 and Starbound that I've played or will be playing. Family sharing is definitely saving me some money - since it's a daily, I had 48 hours to decide on Brothers, but it was great seeing that my friend got it and it's shared.
220px-Sucking_leech.jpg

Giving away 400+ copies of Gun Monkeys and copies of StarForge!
So I won a copy of Starforge and even played a bit. Seems to be running alright for Carlmundo but the game did not run well at all for me. This game is listed as an alpha and is is absolutely an alpha build. Animations are very basic and jerky in motion, the game mechanics are still very basic and a little confusing, and so forth. Crashed on me once when the server was shut down, after that in the next game I got stuck in a digging animation and game crashed again. You guys stopped shortly after that. Wish I could have played more :(

Thank you for the copy though. Hopefully with further improvements this will be a good game. It has a lot of potential! <- but also a long way to go

I have dupes of snow globes #2, #4, and #8. Need 1 and 7. PM me.

Edit: just need 7 now. Traded the 4.

Tried Gunpoint.

It's a stealth puzzle game. Basically each level has a layout and you need to figure out the easiest way to get to the objective to complete by rewiring lights, security cameras, doors, etc. It's not anything new by any means but it's not bad either. It's good. It might not be as good as other people claim but it's a fun time for cheap.

Tried Gunpoint.

It's a stealth puzzle game. Basically each level has a layout and you need to figure out the easiest way to get to the objective to complete by rewiring lights, security cameras, doors, etc. It's not anything new by any means but it's not bad either. It's good. It might not be as good as other people claim but it's a fun time for cheap.
Sounds like it might make for a good mobile game.

Gunpoint's strength isn't really that it does something no other game has done before or anything. It's just such a tight, satisfying game in a small, barebones package. Everything about the way it plays feels right in a really economical, unassuming way, combined with some very funny writing.

It's just a really endearing game overall.

Arma 3 wins the Community Choice vote.

Company of Heroes 2: 35%
Arma 3: 42%
Wargame: Airland Battle: 23%

For The Children: Community Vote Results

23% - Wargame: Airland Battle @ 75%

35% - Company of Heroes 2 @ 66%

42% - Arma 3 @ 40% 

EDIT: Bizzquik'd!

I grabbed Long Live the Queen when it was on flash sale earlier. So far the only thing I've bought in this sale. Friend gifted me Spelunky during this sale too, so looking forward to playing that as well. 

Gunpoint's strength isn't really that it does something no other game has done before or anything. It's just such a tight, satisfying game in a small, barebones package. Everything about the way it plays feels right in a really economical, unassuming way, combined with some very funny writing.

It's just a really endearing game overall.
Yeah, even more so when you consider it was made by one guy (with a bit of freelance help) as his first game ever.

Been selling all my globe cards without hesitation, but I was thinking if they go to 3 cents each right at the end as people are unloading em I'll buy a set and make a badge.
I doubt that will be the case. There will be a cluster-Shaq at the end of people undercutting and the lowest being unpurchaseable as they get snapped up the moment they're listed, requiring that anyone who doesn't want to spend several minutes refreshing instead go a page in and buy more expensive ones. Meanwhile, from people who listed them at 20+ cents, thousands of those will still be there because people either forget or don't realize or don't care. I expect that the average price will be at its lowest a full day before it ends with the last 12 hours seeing it rise again as the slightly higher prices and a crafted badge start to look better than trying to unload.

But of course, there are too many unknowns. I think 10 cents is realistic. Any less than that and the majority of the community will think it better to craft than to sell or risk expiration.

DPfix to the rescue.
^_^ lol, thought you were making a joke...
DP Fix is a really unfortunate name for an application on the internet. :)
I don't want to be fixed. =O

Tried Gunpoint.

As you progress, you get access to optional abilities that make things more interesting and add more choice to the situations. Also, the choices you make in conversation between levels and in the action of the final couple of stages grant different outcomes and endings. It's worth playing further to get past what one may see as linearity, though the choices do end up being few and requiring only a few playthroughs to fully experience.

Here is a tip for those that are trading cards your cards.

1. Go to your steam inventory page.
  2. You will see a small blue box on the top right that is labeled  "Trade Offers", click on it.
  3. On the right side, you will see a list of options, select "Who can send me Trade Offers?"
  4. Look for the heading "Third-Party Sites" at the bottom of the page.
  5. Copy and paste the Trade URL link in your post for anyone to send you a trade offer.

*Note Inventory Privacy must be set to Public to receive Trade Offers from a Trade URL.

Well, this is my one failing of the sale.  I bought the Wizardry pack at the start, not expecting that it would be targeted for a greater discount.  And I was even thinking how smart I was for having waited until then, adding to my spending totals toward globes, rather than buying it during the fall sale.  Alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back