CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Skyrim did one of the best crashes. Right as I am about to finish an important quest
Kill Alduin, Dragonslayer Quest.
, my game crashes. Then steam has to sync all my skyrim saves...
FWIW, I thought that was much easier than the first fight with him. It was a bit of a letdown, really.

Eight minutes into Wizardry 6 and my entire party is dead.

I have missed this.
EIght minutes, you say? I got the impression the Wizardry series would kill you just for looking at it the wrong way. At least that was my experience with Wizardry Gold.

If anybody wants a Snow Globe # 7, I have an extra. Just PM but I probably won't be able to get it to you until later this evening. PM'd.

Can somebody tell me if I want Agarest? I'm ok with this price (Jake is asleep so no panda price available) and it looks like something I'd play, but I'd appreciate some CAGly guidance.

Can somebody tell me if I want Agarest? I'm ok with this price (Jake is asleep so no panda price available) and it looks like something I'd play, but I'd appreciate some CAGly guidance.
The game seem to be a hit or miss. RPGFan only give it a 50% rating, you can read the review here.

I just crafted my first badge from this sale and some trades. Are the older badges still able to craft also? Like say from the summer sale? I'm only 3 cards away from that one.
You can still craft the Summer Getaway (2013) badge - there's plenty of cards in the market and in trade bots. This is probably why Valve made the Holiday 2013 cards expire, so they wouldn't stick around until the next event.

The other event badges (Steam Summer Camp, Holiday Sale 2011, Steam Treasure Hunt, Summer Sale 2012, Holiday Sale 2012) cannot be obtained anymore.

Contrast for 7.50 is pretty good, prolly be like 5 form jakenomey. Its a pretty neat lil game, not really polished that well, more of a style over substance game. I would get it if i didn't have it on ps4 already
I feel about the same. If you like the setting/style it's hard not to enjoy it but it won't be winning GOTY either. I got about halfway through when they started putting out a couple large patches so decided to backburner it before I got stuck on some bugs. I haven't seen a new patch in a while so I assume it's working as intended now and really should finish it up.

That said, 50% ain't 75%, etc. I mainly got it because I have voted for it on Greenlight, liked what they were trying to do and decided to support it during the pre-order deal with the soundtrack, etc.

Are you going TR2013 mixed-up w/ Manhunt series?

;)

EDIT 1:

Looks like someone beat me to the Manhunt punchline, heh.

EDIT 2:

Remember Me was cheaper on GMG on Christmas Eve.

75% off + 20% off voucher coupon = $10.

That deal's dead now, though.
but the other two has been on sale already so that knocks it off.

to buy 66% off all in one dlc pack or to wait for 75% off that might never happen?

but the other two has been on sale already so that knocks it off.
to buy 66% off all in one dlc pack or to wait for 75% off that might never happen?
This post was actually readable and didn't contain multiple Ls or references to spanking.

Quick, go back and edit it before you get rumbled.

I just crafted my first badge from this sale and some trades. Are the older badges still able to craft also? Like say from the summer sale? I'm only 3 cards away from that one.
Yes. I crafted the summer badge at the beginning of the sale. You just need to find the cards for sale for it.

I don't know how they managed to do this, but I happened to see the Day 12 deals on their News page just now, a little more than an hour early. Here's the dailies listed:

- Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
- Alan Wake 90% off
- Kerbal Space Program 40% off
- Metro: Last Light 66% off
- Rising Storm 75% off
- Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
- Outlast 66% off
- Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
- Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off
it been known for few days already

Yes. I crafted the summer badge at the beginning of the sale. You just need to find the cards for sale for it.
Nice thing about the old badges is that I was able to craft the summer badge for about 20 cents because the market has dried up on those cards. (I sold some of the current cards to cover the cost.)

To all of you who keep asking whether something is the same sale, has already been on sale, etc., it's not like I've kept a list in the OP (and subsequent posts) or anything.... :headache:
That's one of the reasons why I garrote people... it doesn't really solve the problem, but at least I feel one step closer to the Cure for Stupidity.

For Posterity: Community Vote Results

Screen_shot_2013_12_30_at_9_30_25_AM.png

Ah kind of wanted Triple Town...looked a bit more fun to me...anyone recommend Nihilumbra? Also on Agarest as I said before it's a very slow turn based strategy game, with an ok political type story, with pretty bad graphics. Even turn based people may find it too slow (raises hand but will play the games sparringly), but it's alright and a decent price for the amount of hours it provides if you can be patient for it. 

*grumble*  Was really hoping for Triple Town.  Hasn't gone past 40% since I've been watching it.  Would have definitely bought at 75%.  *sigh*

GreenManGaming's Playfire system adds raptr-like rewards... GMG credit for steam achieves.

What games and achievements will give you Credit? [customspoiler="They are as follows"]
  • Left 4 Dead 2Acid Reflex (Easy)
  • Club Dead (Medium)
  • Heartwarmer (Hard)
[*]Bioshock Infinite
  • A Real Pistol (Easy)
  • Raising the Bar (Medium)
  • Eavesdropper (Hard)
[*]Skyrim
  • Apprentice (Easy)
  • Married (Medium)
  • Legend (Hard)
[*]PAYDAY 2
  • No Turning Back (Easy)
  • King of the Hill (Medium)
  • Full Measure (Hard)
[*]Contrast
  • A New Dimension (Easy)
  • FIN (Medium)
  • GroundsKeeper (Hard)
[*]Borderlands 2
  • First One's Free (Easy)
  • Cute Loot (Medium)
  • Challenge Accepted (Hard)
[*]Velocity Ultra
  • Face Palm Napalm (Easy)
  • Discoverer (Medium)
  • Unstoppable (Hard)
Earning all of these achievements will net you a grand total of £5.10! The Easys are worth 10p each, the Mediums are worth 25p each and the Hard ones are worth 50p each. Also if you sign up to the Playfire newsletter in your settings page, you'll get 50p Playfire Rewards Credit instantly!

There's a couple of points to bear in mind, because this is a BETA after all:​
  • All of the Playfire Rewards Credit is provided in GBP (£), but everyone is eligible to try it out. Other currencies to come soon.
  • There is a minimum 24-hour delay from when you have Playfire Rewards Credit to when it becomes GMG Credit.
  • If your GMG account doesn't use GBP (£) then the Credit value will be converted to your used currency at the conversion rate for the day.
  • The BETA won't count any eligible achievements you already have - only new ones you gain.
  • It's a BETA so there may be bugs, if you spot one, tell us here: https://playfire.zendesk.com/tickets/new
We'll keep you updated on new developments with our Playfire Rewards BETA.
[/customspoiler]

FWIW, the mobile version is free on Android (Google Play and Amazon) and iPhone, iPad, and iPod (iTunes).
Yeah, I've played it. I liked the idea of the meta game on the PC though, and the fact that there isn't anything else to buy once you've bought the game. Considered buying the full game on Android, still might eventually, but still want it on PC.

Spacebase DF-9, yay! :D

Top 2 from my Xmas sale wishlist fullfilled, Spacebase DF-9 and Long Live the Queen :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back