CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Left 4 Dead 2 is currently ranked #27 in sales.

I don't even know what to say to that. I'm stupefied. Game was given away for free a week ago. Seemingly everybody on the internet grabbed a copy. And yet there's enough people out there looking to buy it that it's outselling Half Life 2.

sequels are so, 1980s... American Ninja 4...

It's all about prequels now.
What about retro throwbacks?
Are you guys referring to the X-bone?

I don't even know what to say to that. I'm stupefied. Game was given away for free a week ago. Seemingly everybody on the internet grabbed a copy. And yet there's enough people out there looking to buy it that it's outselling Half Life 2.
The only thing I can think (other than the chart being slow to update and still showing free copies) is that a bunch of people got it for free and wanted to play with their friends and then either talked their friends into getting it or bought it for them.

Perhaps you mistakenly looked at its sales potential and Left it 4 Dead 2 soon?

lololololololololol

seriously tho thats ridikilous

Free sales are still counted towards total sales. Everybody and their mother "bought" that game. It's hard for something you have to pay for to compete in sales with something that even your pet goldfish can afford.

44479196.jpg

Bunch of Namco stuff just went on sale on Gamestop. Most of it (like Catwash!) is not Steam but there's some Steam stuff like Pac Man Championship Edition for $2.49 and Star Trek for $3.75.

Also Inversion and Ridge Racer for $4.99.

Unfortunately no deep discount on Enslaved. It's $13.99.
Welp looks like I'm gonna have to get Star Trek in a couple days. That makes two completely awful games I've bought because of "reasons". The other game being Aliens Colonial Marines.

pred·e·ces·sor
ˈpredəˌsesər,ˈprē-/
noun
noun: predecessor; plural noun: predecessors
  1. 1.

a person who held a job or office before the current holder.
    "the new president's foreign policy is very similar to that of his predecessor"
    synonyms: forerunner, precursor, antecedent More

antonyms: successor

• a thing that has been followed or replaced by another.
      "the chapel was built in 1864 on the site of its predecessor"

Origin
image.png

[SIZE=small]late Middle English: from late Latin [/SIZE]praedecessor[SIZE=small], from Latin [/SIZE]prae[SIZE=small] ‘beforehand’ +[/SIZE]decessor[SIZE=small] ‘retiring officer’ (from [/SIZE]decedere[SIZE=small] ‘depart’).[/SIZE]
but blades of time is da sequel to x blades

nope, just wikied it and Blades is the spiritual successor to x blades
but i thought xblades was the predecessor tho? how can xblades be the predecessor of blades of time if blades of time is the sequel to x blades

feiaofejefseifjoseiajfoweijfeosaifjsdklfnslmdnfoiewajfiwjaeiofjansdjnfaowie;fjieosnalfsdn foaseiofjsef

oh wait

This just in: Gamefly checks all your avatars on various websites to make sure Marvel and DC never interact!
I guess my avatar on a certain site of Psylocke making out with Catwoman is out of the question entirely then.

And no glitch on the season pass...  Sucks for anyone not cool enough to get it day one.

EDIT BELAY my last!  We have glitch!

Got bioshock infinite season pass for $5 just cause everyone was excited last time. Don't know when/if I'll buy/play the actual game. I want to but haven't played the first two.

Bioshock Infinite Season pass is glitching for me $4.99.

EDIT: Unless it's not a glitch this time? 30 minutes later and still 75% off. Last time, they changed it back to regular price within about 20 minutes. Season pass is still cheaper than Burial at Sea episode 1.

I wouldn't pay $5 for the base game.

inb4 omg YOU HAVE NO SOUL ITS THE GOTY!  GAMINGS CITIZEN KANE MOMENT!  t2h emo-shun of protecting Elizabeth through linear corridors!

It was a glitch the first (or second) day.

It went to 75% Off - same as the base game - then went back up to $15.

I don't know why, but I just bought three of them.  Why?  Why??  Because it's (finally) a glitch!!

Damn you. Now I can't go back to sleep. Need to decide if I should buy this.
No.

See my above post but to summarize. It looks amazing but by all accounts plays like crap. Its gone from 15 dollars to 3 dollars in less than 2 months.

Going to be bundled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back