CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mannnn I was hoping w/rayman legends being on sale that rayman origins would be 75% off

nope.
When I saw Legends as a flash, I quickly checked Origins... "yeah, of course it isn't."

I'm suspicious that it isn't random, at all, but fairly intentional. I rarely ever get unique card drops. If a game drops four, three are duplicates. This is why I have just said "fuck it" and started selling 99% of my cards.
Me too. I (and everyone else that I ask) receive so many dupes that the drops are almost certainly not truly random. I think that there's a bias to certain cards and to any card already dropped to you.

I'm disappointed by the lack of even a weak sale on Pinball Arcade tables.
apologies for my ignorance, but they have they ever been on sale, on ANY platform? from what i understand, the devs are very cost efficient, like they hold a kickstarter whenever they want to license a new table. i'm guessing they don't believe putting their tables on sale is in their best interest, and that the people that really want to play these tables will pony up the cash, or just play zen and/or fx instead.

apologies for my ignorance, but they have they ever been on sale, on ANY platform? from what i understand, the devs are very cost efficient, like they hold a kickstarter whenever they want to license a new table. i'm guessing they don't believe putting their tables on sale is in their best interest, and that the people that really want to play these tables will pony up the cash, or just play zen fx instead.
I'm a CAG... looking for a Good Discount.

Obviously you don't understand the difference between a pinball sim and video pinball. There's no substituting between the two.

Might as well suggest NFS:MW (2012) as a substitute for Assetto Corsa.

quick, someone talk me out of paying $7 for battlefront 2.  I know it's been on sale for $2.50 and 3.33 but that was before disney bought the star wars franchise.

Obviously you don't understand the difference between a pinball sim and video pinball. There's no substituting between the two.
sure, i'm just saying the people buying the pinball arcade tables have a certain affection/nostalgia for those specific table and are willing to spend the cash for them. i'm not gonna diminish what the zen guys do, but the PA people spend great time and care in making their table, so if you don't want to pay full price, perhaps look elsewhere? but who know, maybe next week they'll be the Humble weekly...

Might as well suggest NFS:MW (2012) as a substitute for Assetto Corsa.
How is AC BTW? It looks fantastic but too light on details and features for me to pull the trigger now

Pool Nation for $4.99.

It was up for a community vote, so there's an outside chance it could hit one of the next flash deals, but I grabbed it at this price. It looks gorgeous, has excellent control and ball physics, and a few unique game modes beyond the traditional 8/9 ball.

That being said, it IS a pool game. It's not going to win over anyone who hasn't previously enjoyed games from that genre. If you have though, it's pretty freakin' sweet.
$5 is a bit too steep for me. At 75% off I'd definitely pick it up, and probably will if it does go down to 70% off this sale.

Say that again when it's -90%!
^^^

apologies for my ignorance, but they have they ever been on sale, on ANY platform? from what i understand, the devs are very cost efficient, like they hold a kickstarter whenever they want to license a new table. i'm guessing they don't believe putting their tables on sale is in their best interest, and that the people that really want to play these tables will pony up the cash, or just play zen and/or fx instead.
I think you're right in that the game has never been on sale. That being said, even though this is CAG, I do think the tables are worth the money if you enjoy Pinball. Farsight makes the best pinball simulator by far. The tables are excellent, and the guides to play each table are much more thorough than what the Pinball FX2 tables have. I like them both, but considering Pinball Arcade has the added benefit of actually being able to apply what you learn in-game to the table in real life (assuming you can find them anymore), I think it's better.

My main issue with Pinball Arcade is that it has no Steam Leaderboard integreation, which is ridiculous.

How is AC BTW? It looks fantastic but too light on details and features for me to pull the trigger now
I'm in love. The physics are fantastic. It is well optimized. Even the graphics are quite good. I'm happy as a kitten just running laps/various time challenges/my own ghost. That said, if you're looking for AI opponents or multiplayer, that's not there yet. I've only played with my G27 with assists off, so I can't comment otherwise.

If price is the barrier for you, I'd suggest checking out netKar Pro (demo & it's only $5.50), also by Kunos Simulazioni

Edit: And Ferrari Virtual Academy is now only $7, though it's "only" three cars and three tracks.

Thanks for the heads up, now that the DLC is completed, I am in the same dilemma. Buy now at 66% off or wait for 75%...

You missed the train, MK9 was $6 on GMG but the netcode is still bad and WB still has not fixed it.
I have too much gabey bux to burn to buy stuff elsewhere atm

Eversion.

Oh yeah?

I got a few. Had to pay sales tax, so it was 5.42.
The season pass... are you willing to trade or sell? I'd be interested.

Also for anyone interested I have a snowglobe #7 I'm willing to trade for any other #

Yeah. It's real, here.

799px-Utah_Data_Center_Panorama.jpg

[quote name="walkonshadows" post="11407292" timestamp="1388615196"]..............................missed the Bioshock Infitnite Season Pass yet again, damn you sleep! Who managed to pickup extras?[/quote]got you covered.

CAG WINTER SALE BINGO!

WINNER!  walksonshadows has submitted a winning entry.

Please see the announcement here about the winning entry as well as special rules for Round 4.

quick, someone talk me out of paying $7 for battlefront 2. I know it's been on sale for $2.50 and 3.33 but that was before disney bought the star wars franchise.
cag gtfo unless u playing right after u buy only way u can buy if u are not but backlog then wait for may 4 or somewhere there prolly will have sale possibly yea for shit replacement should be soemthign that hasnt been on sale for while cough driver sf lol or somethign that not bundlle stupid move gaben u need to learn snakeybro way yo

In case anyone is trying to buy cards on the marketplace... good luck. It's moving pretty fast. Having to check that tiny box and purchase button, only to get the message that the card has already been sold can be frustrating.

I do have a little trick though that's worked for me and it allows me to get the cards at the cheaper listing:

1. Navigate to the marketplace page of the card of your choice
  2. Select any card, check mark in the box, hit Purchase (you won't get it, don't worry)
  3. Cancel (X) - top right
  4. Go to page 2 of the listings
  5. Select the page 1 link at the bottom and get your mouse cursor in position to click on a Purchase button near the top of page 1 when it appears.
  6. As soon as page 1 appears, click Purchase (you can try for the ones near the top if you like)
  7. When the Buy dialogue box appears, your check mark will already be in place and you simply have to hit Purchase one last time

Whoever thought to put that stupid tiny check box all the way at the left side should be pummeled. But using this method I was able to consistently get cards that were several cents cheaper each. 

It's a clicking meta-game.

Ooo... Valdis Story: Abyssal City is a Metroidvania?

That's tempting. Anybody else have anything good to say about the game?
Its pretty good, its metroidvania with some RPG elements, skill trees, stat allocation. I'm a sucker for Metroidvania games so maybe I;m biased but I think its def worth 3.75.

With that said, that Dev created Legend of Fae which was in a recent Indie Royale...

soooooooooooooooooo....if you want to play it now buy it...if not it might be bundled down the road.

Its pretty good, its metroidvania with some RPG elements, skill trees, stat allocation. I'm a sucker for Metroidvania games so maybe I;m biased but I think its def worth 3.75.

With that said, that Dev created Legend of Fae which was in a recent Indie Royale...

soooooooooooooooooo....if you want to play it now buy it...if not it might be bundled down the road.
Hmmm... that makes waiting VERY tempting. And I have Dust and Guacamelee to hold me over.

I'm also tempted to get Cave Story+, even though I already have the free version.

I'm waiting til the cards are 3 cents each. If that doesn't happen then whatever, don't need another badge but I'd pay 30 cents for one.

If you like The Walking Dead game like I do: Non-CAG Steam friend gifted me The Walking Dead season 2 out of nowhere. Nice way to start the new year!

If you don't like TWD: Stupid non-CAG Steam friend gifted me The Walking Dead Season 2. What an asshole.

I'm torn on getting TWD Season 2 daily deal as I'm sure I'll get around to it...idk 25% off for a just released game doesn't sound too bad

:wall:

I just noticed that I bought two of the Ms. Splosion Man and Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force packs for Pinball FX2.... :whistle2:(

if anyone was wanting them and still hadn't / had forgotten to pick them up and would buy them from me (or trade for them) for a bit under cost, I'd appreciate it. Sold to MrNinjaSquirrel - thanks!

I'm torn on getting TWD Season 2 daily deal as I'm sure I'll get around to it...idk 25% off for a just released game doesn't sound too bad
Except it's not actually released yet. If all episodes were available, it'd be a good deal. It'll probably be 50% off by the time the whole game comes out.

I finally got around to figuring out what games I've finished this year. Turns out there are a few more than I expected, but the list is still shamefully short compared to those I've seen in here so far. My attention span is horribly small. 

Finished in 2013: 

Angry Birds Space

Beast Boxing Turbo

BioShock Infinite

Borderlands 2 various DLC
Defender's Quest
DLC Quest
LEGO Harry Potter
Luxor Evolved
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider
To the Moon

My personal game of the year I have not yet completed, but I've put in many hours so far. It was very close, but...

Personal 2013 GOTY

GOTY: Spelunky

It's really as good as they say. The graphics are charming, the control is tight, the gameplay is deep. 

But what makes it shine is how it manages to keep things fresh on each play-through. Randomly generated levels usually means boring, but not in this case. Somehow the algorithm behind the generation and the variations on each "theme" manage to make every play an adventure. You may be playing a Jungle level for the hundredth time, but this time Spelunky throws in a graveyard with zombies or leaves you in the dark with only a torch to light the way.It keeps you guessing. 

You always manage to feel like some fresh curve has been thrown your way and then look back and laugh at how cleverly you were goaded into going for that shiny object. Spelunky can be considered hard, in that you have a single life, but it is also fair. You can almost always attribute your death to being to hasty or too greedy. The risk/reward mechanics are superb. 

The Daily Challenge is the icing on the cake. With this mode, Spelunky takes its superbly crafted random worlds and turns them static for the day. Everyone gets only one shot at the exact same randomly generated world and Steam Leaderboards make it easy to see how you stacked up against your friends. Tomorrow's world will be a brand new area to test your willpower and concentration. 

It's a rare treat when everything just "comes together" in one package. Every day I look forward to seeing what curve balls the game can throw may way. I look forward to playing it and that's the mark of a great game. Spelunky is the real deal.

Runner Up: Tomb Raider

Finished in 2013: 

Batman Arkham City

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Hotline Miami

...and also...

Rob Roy by Sir Walter Scott
Animal Farm by George Orwell
1984 by George Orwell
Horus Rising by Dan Abnett
False Gods by Graham McNeill
Galaxy in Flames by Ben Counter
Cannoneers in Gray by Larry Daniel
Richard Taylor by Michael Parrish
Seven Month in the Rebel States During the North American War in 1863 by Captain Justus Scheibert
Lee by Doughlas Southall Freeman
Annals and Histories by Tacitus
The Fall of Carthage by Adrian Goldsworthy
Outbreak of the Peloponnesian War by Donald Kagan
The Archidamian War by Donald Kagan
The Peace of Nicias and the Sicilian Expedition by Donald Kagan
The Fall of the Athenian Empire by Donald Kagan
Men of Bronze by Donald Kagan
Cosmos by Carl Sagan
The Ancient Roman City by John Stambaugh

I finally got around to figuring out what games I've finished this year. Turns out there are a few more than I expected, but the list is still shamefully short compared to those I've seen in here so far. My attention span is horribly small.

Finished in 2013:

Angry Birds Space

Beast Boxing Turbo

BioShock Infinite

Borderlands 2 various DLC
Defender's Quest
DLC Quest
LEGO Harry Potter
Luxor Evolved
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider
To the Moon

My personal game of the year I have not yet completed, but I've put in many hours so far. It was very close, but...

Personal 2013 GOTY

GOTY: Spelunky

It's really as good as they say. The graphics are charming, the control is tight, the gameplay is deep.

But what makes it shine is how it manages to keep things fresh on each play-through. Randomly generated levels usually means boring, but not in this case. Somehow the algorithm behind the generation and the variations on each "theme" manage to make every play an adventure. You may be playing a Jungle level for the hundredth time, but this time Spelunky throws in a graveyard with zombies or leaves you in the dark with only a torch to light the way.It keeps you guessing.

You always manage to feel like some fresh curve has been thrown your way and then look back and laugh at how cleverly you were goaded into going for that shiny object. Spelunky can be considered hard, in that you have a single life, but it is also fair. You can almost always attribute your death to being to hasty or too greedy. The risk/reward mechanics are superb.

The Daily Challenge is the icing on the cake. With this mode, Spelunky takes its superbly crafted random worlds and turns them static for the day. Everyone gets only one shot at the exact same randomly generated world and Steam Leaderboards make it easy to see how you stacked up against your friends. Tomorrow's world will be a brand new area to test your willpower and concentration.

It's a rare treat when everything just "comes together" in one package. Every day I look forward to seeing what curve balls the game can throw may way. I look forward to playing it and that's the mark of a great game. Spelunky is the real deal.

Runner Up: Tomb Raider
wait, angry birds qualifies as a game? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back