CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got around to figuring out what games I've finished this year. Turns out there are a few more than I expected, but the list is still shamefully short compared to those I've seen in here so far. My attention span is horribly small.

Finished in 2013:

Angry Birds Space

Beast Boxing Turbo

BioShock Infinite

Borderlands 2 various DLC
Defender's Quest
DLC Quest
LEGO Harry Potter
Luxor Evolved
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider
To the Moon

My personal game of the year I have not yet completed, but I've put in many hours so far. It was very close, but...

Personal 2013 GOTY

GOTY: Spelunky

It's really as good as they say. The graphics are charming, the control is tight, the gameplay is deep.

But what makes it shine is how it manages to keep things fresh on each play-through. Randomly generated levels usually means boring, but not in this case. Somehow the algorithm behind the generation and the variations on each "theme" manage to make every play an adventure. You may be playing a Jungle level for the hundredth time, but this time Spelunky throws in a graveyard with zombies or leaves you in the dark with only a torch to light the way.It keeps you guessing.

You always manage to feel like some fresh curve has been thrown your way and then look back and laugh at how cleverly you were goaded into going for that shiny object. Spelunky can be considered hard, in that you have a single life, but it is also fair. You can almost always attribute your death to being to hasty or too greedy. The risk/reward mechanics are superb.

The Daily Challenge is the icing on the cake. With this mode, Spelunky takes its superbly crafted random worlds and turns them static for the day. Everyone gets only one shot at the exact same randomly generated world and Steam Leaderboards make it easy to see how you stacked up against your friends. Tomorrow's world will be a brand new area to test your willpower and concentration.

It's a rare treat when everything just "comes together" in one package. Every day I look forward to seeing what curve balls the game can throw may way. I look forward to playing it and that's the mark of a great game. Spelunky is the real deal.

Runner Up: Tomb Raider
Spelunky is awesome. Good choice.

Its pretty good, its metroidvania with some RPG elements, skill trees, stat allocation. I'm a sucker for Metroidvania games so maybe I;m biased but I think its def worth 3.75.

With that said, that Dev created Legend of Fae which was in a recent Indie Royale...

soooooooooooooooooo....if you want to play it now buy it...if not it might be bundled down the road.

It did take 2 years for legend of fae to get bundled however.
I was going to say it's not like they were in any hurry to put their last game in a bundle. That was a long time coming for Legend of Fae.

I really like Valdis Story. I actually bought it full price (I know ) on Desura when it first came out in the fall. It really feels like a 90s castlevania style game, and that's a good thing.

It has, to me, more story going on than some other recent metroidvania offerings and it's a bit different both story and gameplay wise depending on which of the two characters you choose in the beginning so there's some replayability.

Supposedly there's two more playable characters coming in a free future update eventually but I think the game is a good complete experience as is.

The bosses are hard even on easy (well for me they are) but even if you suck you can muddle through it if you don't mind being humiliated with a low grade on your battle. :oops:

For some reason Steam Client will not let me log in at all. Says I have a connection error and that I am not connected to the internet. Yet I can post this, surf the web, and the store page just fine.
yeah its doing the same thing to me

huge glitch incoming...nobody will be able to log in or check out

Good job Valve, you buttfucked the Steam store!

Looks like I WONT be getting Interstellar Marines.

Or be able to add/remove things from my cart.

Or Vote.

Or look at my wishlist.

:bomb:

:wall:

I just noticed that I bought two of the Ms. Splosion Man and Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force packs for Pinball FX2.... :whistle2:(

if anyone was wanting them and still hadn't / had forgotten to pick them up and would buy them from me (or trade for them) for a bit under cost, I'd appreciate it.
I've actually yet to buy them but was planning to pick them up with a few other things tonight before the sale was over. Shoot me a PM if you've still got them.

Any regulars still need Bioshock Inf Season pass at the glitch price? I have a spare in my inventory.
I am getting one from DrSasquatch but I was curious have you or anyone else on here tried trading things today? I've been getting the "Trade offer has failed. Please try again later" message all day long

I am getting one from DrSasquatch but I was curious have you or anyone else on here tried trading things today? I've been getting the "Trade offer has failed. Please try again later" message all day long
I was able to trade with somebody not too long ago, maybe an hour or two. I'm having trouble signing into Steam from a browser though.

Man Steam is just not working for me for the past few hours. Can't add things to my cart, or list things. Seems like every other page is an error too.

No rush. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case Steam really does screw you over and you can't get it. It's not going anywhere right now.
Once the store/inventory starts behaving normally on my end, I'll shoot you a PM. Gonna take a break for now.

Would also, possibly maybe like to trade for one of those Bioshock Infinite Season passes if anyone has a spare later on tonight.

I been meaning to pick-up ARMA 2: Op Arrowhead for some time.

Though, I barely touched ARMA 2 (base game).

EDIT:

But, Day-Z stand-alone still unfinished and expensive, right?
it is but its still fun, there are a lot of basic changes already done to it. too an avid dayz player that wouldnt be a big deal.

might be a bit too expensive atm but still worth it if you enjoy that style of play

it is but its still fun, there are a lot of basic changes already done to it. too an avid dayz player that wouldnt be a big deal.

might be a bit too expensive atm but still worth it if you enjoy that style of play
I never have played Day-Z - the mod from ARMA 2 nor the new stand-alone.

EDIT:

I'm in for Op Arrowhead.

Did they just drop the price of Delver more? Could have sworn it was $3.something a few minutes ago. I'm curious on this one. Might pick it up on a whim if I need something to stretch to get to my final card.

Did they just drop the price of Delver more? Could have sworn it was $3.something a few minutes ago. I'm curious on this one. Might pick it up on a whim if I need something to stretch to get to my final card.
It was 50% off before the flash sale. It remained at 50% off for several minutes longer than usual, which is probably what you saw.

Neither have I, but I've seen some tubes that were a hoot. British guys chased by a pack of zombies they couldn't shake, then ran out of ammo.
Cool. Now that I got Op Arrowhead, might eventually have to check Day-Z mod out.

And if I like that, I'll have to check-out Day-Z stand-alone, when it gets cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back