CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Runner 2 has more checkpoints and is a much better game. I'd recommend skipping Runner 1 altogether if it's bothering you and playing that instead.
Yeah, I'm playing it now. I knew Bit.Trip 2 was easier, but I wanted to try the first before playing 2 to see if it was worth playing. First game is only worth playing if you're into hardcore platformers.

http://www.gaugepowered.com/

Finally finished updating my purchases, and a few of the playtimes I knew were way off.

Took about 6 hours to track down all my purchases, bundles, gifts, winnings, etc. I'd say my final data is relatively accurate except for card idling has thrown off my playtime numbers for countless games I have never played.

Some insights:

Total cost: approx $800

Approx time played: 3600 hours

# of Games: approx 450 (not counting dlc or f2p)

Cost/hour of top 25 games by playtime: 10 cents an hour not counting TF2, 6 cents an hour counting TF2 (I played a ton of TF2, but also item idled a bit)

Est cost/hour of collection, discounting card farming: 18 cents an hour

Looking up past purchases was also incredibly insightful. Going back four years, I see purchases that make me cringe now. "I paid how much for that?!?" The growth of my library has practically been exponential since starting almost 5 years ago thanks to bundles and CAG and Steamgifts.

With that, my New Year's Resolution (which I count from birthday to birthday, and is next week) is to go a year without buying a single new game or accepting any free games from anyone else.

I was thinking for games I've ONLY played to idle for cards, I would reset the time to zero. And maybe for games I got free I would give a value of one cent cause otherwise it doesn't seem to calculate a $/hour value for that game.

I was thinking for games I've ONLY played to idle for cards, I would reset the time to zero. And maybe for games I got free I would give a value of one cent cause otherwise it doesn't seem to calculate a $/hour value for that game.
I have idled so many games using SAM, there is no realistic way for me to remember which ones I did or did not.

It does in the total calculations or filtered ones, but on individual games, of course not. That whole divide by zero or zero divided by issue can't be overcome for this analysis. If you put in 1 cent, you end up with ridiculous numbers or it simply rounds to zero anyway.

edit: essentially, if you put 1 cent for the cost of a free game, the moment you play it over a couple hours the page will round it down to zero.

I have idled so many games using SAM, there is no realistic way for me to remember which ones I did or did not.

It does in the total calculations or filtered ones, but on individual games, of course not. That whole divide by zero or zero divided by issue can't be overcome for this analysis. If you put in 1 cent, you end up with ridiculous numbers or it simply rounds to zero anyway.

edit: essentially, if you put 1 cent for the cost of a free game, the moment you play it over a couple hours the page will round it down to zero.
Guess I'll leave the price at zero then. For bundles I'm just taking the total number of games I didn't already own and divide what I paid by that number.

It's annoying how they list some DLC but not all DLC. So for games where it's not listed separately I'm adding the cost of DLC to the game cost.

http://www.gaugepowered.com/

Finally finished updating my purchases, and a few of the playtimes I knew were way off.

Took about 6 hours to track down all my purchases, bundles, gifts, winnings, etc. I'd say my final data is relatively accurate except for card idling has thrown off my playtime numbers for countless games I have never played.

Some insights:

Total cost: approx $800

Approx time played: 3600 hours

# of Games: approx 450 (not counting dlc or f2p)

Cost/hour of top 25 games by playtime: 10 cents an hour not counting TF2, 6 cents an hour counting TF2 (I played a ton of TF2, but also item idled a bit)

Est cost/hour of collection, discounting card farming: 18 cents an hour

Looking up past purchases was also incredibly insightful. Going back four years, I see purchases that make me cringe now. "I paid how much for that?!?" The growth of my library has practically been exponential since starting almost 5 years ago thanks to bundles and CAG and Steamgifts.

With that, my New Year's Resolution (which I count from birthday to birthday, and is next week) is to go a year without buying a single new game or accepting any free games from anyone else.
I finally got around to looking at this since a few folks were talking about it. I can't imagine when I would have the time to fix this so that it reflects the amount I spent on my library. Just researching a lot of that would take days. Plus, as you stated elsewhere, it doesn't know what to do with stuff you got as gifts. It seems like there should be some kind of workaround for that but I don't see one.

This is kinda fun but also a pain in the ass, tracking down all these purchases and what I  paid. It's like solving a mystery or something. It's like living a Dan Brown novel. I've been able to track down almost everything so far, I used to have to delete most of my CAG inbox but the PMs were all sent to my email as well so that really helps. I'm very surprised at how few games I actually bought directly from Steam.

Everytime I've gotten a foil:

george-michael-bluth-greatday1.gif

See it sells for $.50:

george-michael-bluth-greatday2.gif

I am still waiting for a Humble Weekly Gaijin Games to get all my Bit.Trip games. :pray:
I'd suggest picking up the current bundle at least if that is your plan, since if it was to happen I imagine BTR2 would be in the $6 tier.

He's too busy playing Bit Trip Runner 1 since Spoderman said it was a really hard platformer.
Faux pls, Spoder's way late to the party on this one.

Don't tell the squirrel; he'll want to steal my nuts and leave me nothing but a sad, sagging sack.
This is such a disgusting mental image I can't think of anything to say in response.

Whenever I see your face now though I will be sure to imagine an empty ballsack, so, thanks for that...

Having no checkpoints certainly doesn't help with the fun factor.
You don't know what fun is. :joystick:

For the record yes, Runner 1 is extremely difficult and I wouldn't recommend it to those who aren't OK with doing a lot of trial and error. I personally love it and think it's very well designed, but would still advise most to simply skip to 2 since it is a better game and a lot easier to get into for less masochistic gamers.

I finally got around to looking at this since a few folks were talking about it. I can't imagine when I would have the time to fix this so that it reflects the amount I spent on my library. Just researching a lot of that would take days. Plus, as you stated elsewhere, it doesn't know what to do with stuff you got as gifts. It seems like there should be some kind of workaround for that but I don't see one.
This is kinda fun but also a pain in the ass, tracking down all these purchases and what I paid. It's like solving a mystery or something. It's like living a Dan Brown novel. I've been able to track down almost everything so far, I used to have to delete most of my CAG inbox but the PMs were all sent to my email as well so that really helps. I'm very surprised at how few games I actually bought directly from Steam.
I started with the steam account page, it shows every game you bought within Steam itself and how much you paid. From there I went to Steamgifts, Amazon and each bundle site, then to my email account. Pretty much anything leftover I assumed was a key drop or gift. Took me 6 hours hours over a couple days while watching tv at the same time.

This is kinda fun but also a pain in the ass, tracking down all these purchases and what I paid. It's like solving a mystery or something. It's like living a Dan Brown novel. I've been able to track down almost everything so far, I used to have to delete most of my CAG inbox but the PMs were all sent to my email as well so that really helps. I'm very surprised at how few games I actually bought directly from Steam.
I finished mine up recently, by the end I just started putting $1 for anything that I couldn't remember getting. My final is probably still a litte high because of it, but I'm at $0.86/hour overall which is not bad at all.

I'd suggest picking up the current bundle at least if that is your plan, since if it was to happen I imagine BTR2 would be in the $6 tier.
I am going to pick it up, just waiting for the average to drop abit more. It is just that I don't have a single Bit.Trip so I probably bite on the $6 tier to get everything.

Did anyone else get a bunch of updates just now from steam? 7.8G for sonic generations, 7.5G for left 4 dead 2, etc just to name a few. Seems like a lot of data just for updates.

I am going to pick it up, just waiting for the average to drop abit more. It is just that I don't have a single Bit.Trip so I probably bite on the $6 tier to get everything.
I feel like I may as well wait to see what the bonuses are at this point because Reus is going to hit $2.50 before the year's out and I have no interest in "look what I can do with stupid physics and bad control schemes" games. If it drops over the weekend to $4, I'll think about it, but otherwise the bonuses will really have to wow me.

I feel like I may as well wait to see what the bonuses are at this point because Reus is going to hit $2.50 before the year's out and I have no interest in "look what I can do with stupid physics and bad control schemes" games. If it drops over the weekend to $4, I'll think about it, but otherwise the bonuses will really have to wow me.
Reus was already $2.50 during the winter sale and Joe Danger 1 is likely to be one of the bonuses.

Featuring an all-star cast of:

• Unoficial Skitties
  • Robots
  • Incomprehensible Bystander #2
  • Pedo Clause
  • LN The Magical Companion Cube
  • Almost Fantastic Foxes
  • Mr. <redacted>
  • The Spokesman for Natural Steam Enhancement
  • Greedy Spoders
  • A Giant Talking Burger
  • Level 54 Tea Drinking Royalty
  • Scary Moobsters
  • A walking, talking, poorly animated woman's buttcheek
  • Actually Naked Snake
  • An army of pinball fanatics
  • Shadow Walkers
  • A Moose with a Scarf
  • And a squirrel
  • Krazie Azz Spanky Spanky AJ Stimulated Karektur
also could be a list of future insane asylum residents. :D

where me u bad squirrrelel
u @ bottem, i feexed et fer u.

can i punch mns and spear him and hit him with aj whip that she left behind neuro mine getting ur gf whip hhhe

i thought that was banderas spankaddict im god yo mns has betray god he will be sent to helll with satan im not bystander tho
damn it, I wasted all those years as a kid praying to you. where the fuck is my millions of dollars (god i'm old, i remember when millions of dollars was actually a lot of money)

OK, I need to ask. Who is "banderas"? Antonio Banderas? And why he is always spanking or getting spanked? Do I really want to know?
spankthemonkey..gif

Okay, time for my first ever Steam code giveaway. This is for Killing Floor. If you want it, you have to be a non-lurker, somewhat active poster. So if you want it, reply to this and then PM me.
I would try for it because I think my brother would enjoy it but I'm guessing by now that it's already been gotted.

EDIT: Eh what the hell couldn't hurt I'll try sending a pm.

Last edited:
Reus was already $2.50 during the winter sale and Joe Danger 1 is likely to be one of the bonuses.
Yeah, I was fully anticipating that JD1 would show up as a bonus because it makes perfect sense, frankly. I have my fingers crossed that there are one or two other bonus games that might make this worth BTA'ing for me--otherwise it looks like dollar territory.

Also, spanky AJ.

Yeah, I was fully anticipating that JD1 would show up as a bonus because it makes perfect sense, frankly. I have my fingers crossed that there are one or two other bonus games that might make this worth BTA'ing for me--otherwise it looks like dollar territory.

Also,AJ spanky me here
fixed and yes warrreni has become under influence nse need to come back welcome to cag spanky elite u join sunasun neuro mns mysterd pasports banziwolfe snakeybro cheaplikefox now bow to ur lord hhe

I would try for it because I think my brother would enjoy it but I'm guessing by now that it's already been gotted.

EDIT: Eh what the hell couldn't hurt I'll try sending a pm.
shoudld havee said i got it and thanks kingsofoldschool for it was getting it for friend also nascar 2014 is goign to be deep silver published i think cause thye saying pc too for it so this sitnks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back