CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we are talking about controllers now I have a question. Will games that have local multiplayer automatically recognize a second controller if attached to the PC or do I need to do some work around for the PC to recognize that controller? I currently have 1 360 controller, but my wife has been wanting to play but I don't want to waste money if the second controller won't work.
In my experience, this depends on the game. A game designed for local multiplayer will typically have it in settings where you set what input device is which player, ideally with an indication which is which while pressing a button or a prompt to press a button to register as P1.

Since we are talking about controllers now I have a question. Will games that have local multiplayer automatically recognize a second controller if attached to the PC or do I need to do some work around for the PC to recognize that controller? I currently have 1 360 controller, but my wife has been wanting to play but I don't want to waste money if the second controller won't work.
If you have two 360 (compatible) controllers then Win7 assigns one as controller 1 and the other as controller two. Player 1 is naturally controller 1... I sometime smack into this when switching controllers and forgetting to unplug the other.

I have this mouse: Logitech G700 (Edit- actually I have this one, I'm not sure there's much of a difference (I got it from a 3rd party seller a few months ago for a lot less). It probably could be set up to work directly with TSW, but I just used the logitech software to set the additional buttons to numbers 1-8. So I press a button to activate the skill I have set to 1, 2, 3 , etc. It works pretty well, I know the pattern I want to build and consumer various resources, so after a little while of building the muscle memory, I can set up the combos quickly.

Logitech also allows you to program macros (i.e., you press 1 mouse button and it sends a signal like 1,1,2,3 or whatever) to the computer if you want to have a build->consume combo preset, but I haven't really played around with that, I prefer to have flexibility as to my next move.

I wouldn't say it's a necessity, but it has been very helpful, especially when I'm tanking in a battle where i need to pull a boss somewhere, I just find it easier to focus on WASD to move and use a mouse button to activate a skill.
I didn't want to retype my thoughts on the G700, but I thought I'd add that it's nice to be able to use the mouse wirelessly or with the USB cord, and to not have to worry about batteries.

^_^ I'm interested in the DS4, but I'm waiting for better support (and price)... I'm surprised they dropped analog-pressure for the buttons... sure it wasn't used that much, but still. I'll never forget the first time I was playing PS2 game and was asked to mash a button hard and it took me a moment of failing to remember oh yeah, these have pressure transducers. (Historically some games asked this, but it was more theme than reality.) I suppose this also makes the DS2/3 better for PS2-emu.
How about the Xbox One controller? I've heard good things about those force feedback triggers for racing.

Of course who knows when it'll be ready for PC. I get the feeling Microsoft has a big list of game priorities that doesn't include Windows.

I'm confused, and forgive me if this is something that was discussed at the end of the Sale before I came back from being away a week, but...

My cards are selling amazingly well.  Things I listed to the market months ago and never went back to adjust, prices have apparently caught back up to them.

Is Steam rewarding something other than coupons presently when you craft a badge?  I understand why things were selling so well during the sale, particularly when the globes were worth 70 cents apiece, but I would have expected a large lull for January.

Could someone please enlighten me?  Thanks.

I'm confused, and forgive me if this is something that was discussed at the end of the Sale before I came back from being away a week, but...

My cards are selling amazingly well. Things I listed to the market months ago and never went back to adjust, prices have apparently caught back up to them.

Is Steam rewarding something other than coupons presently when you craft a badge? I understand why things were selling so well during the sale, particularly when the globes were worth 70 cents apiece, but I would have expected a large lull for January.

Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks.
It's because the market is bugged atm. Anything I list isn't showing up. For some people it works, but for others (like me), their new listings aren't showing up.

This makes it so that if your listing is showing up properly, you have a much higher chance of selling it.

Of course, this just happened today.. if you're talking about selling prior to today, then my post has nothing to do with what you've asked lol.

How about the Xbox One controller? I've heard good things about those force feedback triggers for racing.

Of course who knows when it'll be ready for PC. I get the feeling Microsoft has a big list of game priorities that doesn't include Windows.
Yeah, that trigger FFB looks interesting. I didn't name is because:

• I'm not aware of PC support for it (I'm expecting MS will, eventually)... and I'd want trigger-rumble support (in games)
  • I really hate the Left-Stick placement on Xbox controllers (note my Logitech Rumblepad/F510, and DS2/3 all have Playstation layout)
  • I have a G27 for my racing needs.

I am interrupting the hardware and trading card talk for just a minute to mention a game I just finished. A game that has been recently bundled and is currently on sale at Steam.

Looking to cut into your backlog? If you own Lume, then look no further. Between 45 minutes and 1 hour will net you one strike on your ever-growing list. 

Lume
 ​
Lume is an attractive game with a charming art direction. The puzzles in the P&C adventure are fairly simple; only one or two will make you want to strangle yourself with your mouse cord. I would go so far as to say that a couple of the puzzles were highly enjoyable. 

Having said that, do not ever. Ever. Not ever. Consider buying Lume outside of a bundle you were already planning to purchase. While many fine games have proven that length of a game is not always everything, you'll certainly be uttering WTF when the credits roll and you're greeted with "Thanks for playing Lume Pt 1". The entire play area is essentially a couple of screens. 

At $6.99 you should run far, far away. At the sale price of $2.10, you should buy it only if you are a huge fan of P&C and have absolutely nothing else to play... and you just happened to find $2.10 under your couch cushions. In a bundle, it's definitely worth a play. 

Backlog -1

44764816.jpg

http://www.kawaiiradio.org/
Thank you for this. Thank you so much. But why can't you do both? I'm gonna play Saints Row IV with the in game music turned off and this playing later today. It will be awesome.

*twitch* I expected you to know that the wired 360 "for windos" is identical to the wired 360 "for sheep".
I said they were the same controller. I said the box was different.

Check my word-choice.

The one from Gogamer was an actual X360 USB-pad; it wasn't the X360 For Windows box. But as you know, they're both the same S-style X360 USB pad - and both work on PC.

I am interrupting the hardware and trading card talk for just a minute to mention a game I just finished. A game that has been recently bundled and is currently on sale at Steam.

Looking to cut into your backlog? If you own Lume, then look no further. Between 45 minutes and 1 hour will net you one strike on your ever-growing list.

Lume

Lume is an attractive game with a charming art direction. The puzzles in the P&C adventure are fairly simple; only one or two will make you want to strangle yourself with your mouse cord. I would go so far as to say that a couple of the puzzles were highly enjoyable.

Having said that, do not ever. Ever. Not ever. Consider buying Lume outside of a bundle you were already planning to purchase. While many fine games have proven that length of a game is not always everything, you'll certainly be uttering WTF when the credits roll and you're greeted with "Thanks for playing Lume Pt 1". The entire play area is essentially a couple of screens.

At $6.99 you should run far, far away. At the sale price of $2.10, you should buy it only if you are a huge fan of P&C and have absolutely nothing else to play... and you just happened to find $2.10 under your couch cushions. In a bundle, it's definitely worth a play.

Backlog -1
I got stuck in the first area. Fixed the solar panel and got the fence posts. Seemed like it would be fun if I could figure out what to do. The Amanita Design games in the bundle are more fun for me. Even when stuck for hours, there's enough charm to keep me playing.

Just bought Marlow Briggs with my EC credit. That statement in itself is probably a testament to just how bad the EC deals are but there have been some surprisingly positive reviews for Briggs in the "not serious, stupid fun" sense. So whatevs.

Just bought Marlow Briggs with my EC credit. That statement in itself is probably a testament to just how bad the EC deals are but there have been some surprisingly positive reviews for Briggs in the "not serious, stupid fun" sense. So whatevs.
The 505games deals have been the best so far.. which isn't saying much I guess. I've played a few hours of Marlow Briggs, so I know that one is worth it. Same for Brothers. I think the only one to avoid is Takedown. For some reason Drabe and Neuro bought that..

The 505games deals have been the best so far.. which isn't saying much I guess. I've played a few hours of Marlow Briggs, so I know that one is worth it. Same for Brothers. I think the only one to avoid is Takedown. For some reason Drabe and Neuro bought that..
I wish there was a demo on Steam for Marlow. :(

So far...Takedown cost me around 50 cents after selling the cards

and it gave me a spare copy...so I'll be in the black on this one spodergirl

maybe you can give it your friend.....on another forum!

So far...Takedown cost me around 50 cents after selling the cards

and it gave me a spare copy...so I'll be in the black on this one spodergirl

maybe you can give it your friend.....on another forum!
Does Takedown have a fun single player campaign?

So is it worth it? I'm pretty tempted by it.

So is it worth it? I'm pretty tempted by it.
I heard Takedown was really bad and the game looks like its still unfinished. I think its kickstarter failed but they released the game anyway. Its an online only rainbow six/cs go ripoff but not good at all lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJYIHZ4bKM[/youtube]

I heard Takedown was really bad and the game looks like its still unfinished. I think its kickstarter failed but they released the game anyway. Its an online only rainbow six/cs go ripoff but not good at all lol.
I was asking about Marlow Briggs ;) Thanks though.

I've read a couple reviews and watched some gameplay... seems decent.

Yeah, it's worth it. If you enjoy B-movie type games with an incredibly over the top vibe, I'd go for it.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was expecting. Mind you, I might balk at $5... but at $2.50... it's only gonna be cheaper in a bundle.

I got stuck in the first area. Fixed the solar panel and got the fence posts. Seemed like it would be fun if I could figure out what to do. The Amanita Design games in the bundle are more fun for me. Even when stuck for hours, there's enough charm to keep me playing.
If you got stuck in Lume outside the house, then be very glad you did not make it inside where you would find a puzzle so obscure that you'd... probably... write a really nasty letter to the developer. Or an ugly forum post. Or an angry review.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I liked the game and thought it was worth the $.75 I gave Groupees for it a long time back. At full price it's sorta a joke, but maybe they will come to their senses and just patch in PT2 whenever that comes out, which would make it a little less ridiculously priced (not sure how many parts they are planning, or if they are even coming, but if it was intended to be episodic than it would make more sense...not that they said it was though).

Yes buy Marlow Briggs!! Its got a angry black doe killing white does, its funny hehe
"I'm not racist, my best friend is Marlow Briggs."

I don't think Lume is going to have a part 2. I played it about 2 years ago after getting it in some adventure game pack on Steam. I haven't looked into it recently, but I'm doubtful they are still working on it at this point.

Edit: Apparently there is no part 2, just a sequel called Lumino City.

Lumino City

Thanks MNS

I just noticed that Enhanced Steam reports Bioshock 1 having Securom, while Big DRM list says that Securom was removed from Steam version long ago. Should I report this as a mistake or am I missing something?
Both BioShock 1 and 2 have Securom removed when 2K switched from GFWL to steamworks. When you activate any old retail key for BioShock 2, it also gives Minerva’s Den DLC for free however it looks like 2K generated a new batch of keys for BioShock 2 so the new batch of BioShock 2 steam keys doesn't come with Minerva’s Den DLC anymore.

My cards are selling amazingly well. Things I listed to the market months ago and never went back to adjust, prices have apparently caught back up to them.

Is Steam rewarding something other than coupons presently when you craft a badge? I understand why things were selling so well during the sale, particularly when the globes were worth 70 cents apiece, but I would have expected a large lull for January.

Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks.
Sometimes there is a server split so when people list their cards on the market, it won't show up but people can still buy the cards. If your cards are listed before the server split at the later pages, it may show up at the first page, that could be the reason why your cards are selling even at a higher price.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJYIHZ4bKM[/youtube]
Most of the negative reviews about the game is due to the AI, you cannot control your squad member and enemy AI can hear you from a far distance or shoot through walls. The game seriously need to be fixed.

I am interrupting the hardware and trading card talk for just a minute to mention a game I just finished. A game that has been recently bundled and is currently on sale at Steam.

Lume
I wonder when Disney (I assume they own all of the Lucasarts IP) is gonna send them a letter demanding they change the name.

LOOM_Cover_Art.jpg

(I loved, loved Loom when it first came out. It's one of the few adventure games from that era that I ever beat).

I wonder when Disney (I assume they own all of the Lucasarts IP) is gonna send them a letter demanding they change the name.

LOOM_Cover_Art.jpg

(I loved, loved Loom when it first came out. It's one of the few adventure games from that era that I ever beat).
The time for action has probably been and gone

Both BioShock 1 and 2 have Securom removed when 2K switched from GFWL to steamworks. When you activate any old retail key for BioShock 2, it also gives Minerva’s Den DLC for free however it looks like 2K generated a new batch of keys for BioShock 2 so the new batch of BioShock 2 steam keys doesn't come with Minerva’s Den DLC anymore.
wow! I didn't realize this. I dug out my old retail copy of Bioshock 2 - and voila! Steam activation! And with Minerva's Den!

Thanks iSerra and CAGs for the info!

Time for my second unused code dump.

I have Intrusion 2, Cave Story +, and LIMBO up for grabs. 

PM if you want one.

Next dump probably Fridayish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back