CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I knew you meant up down left right

it still makes no sense

i could see using those keys if you used the mouse with your left hand....but you dont
It's because he's a leftie who grew up in a certain Nanny-coddling country and never had to learn to do things the right-way. Properly trained southpaws are more capable of using both hands than those slacker-righties. Once KB/M gaming rolled around (awaiting broad support of the mouse, I'm especially thinking FPS-style controls) it didn't take long for me to realize it's better not to go against the grain and just mouse-game with the mouse in my right-paw. My non-gaming setup is usually mouse in left-paw... but I switch it up. My non-gaming mice are all ambi.

Anyways - when I learned how to play FPS's back in the day during the DN3D and Quake days, I learned using the cursors w/ my left-hand. Never broke away from it. I also don't think as many keys were hotkey'ed back in the day, anyways - unlike many games today.

But when I tried to use WSAD, it felt very awkward for me. I've tried - even w/ Dead Space 1, which forced WSAD for movements. But, never clicked.
If you're going to insist on doing it that way, try IJKL

It's because he's a leftie who grew up in a certain Nanny-coddling country and never had to learn to do things the right-way. Properly trained southpaws are more capable of using both hands than those slacker-righties. Once KB/M gaming rolled around (awaiting broad support of the mouse, I'm especially thinking FPS-style controls) it didn't take long for me to realize it's better not to go against the grain and just mouse-game with the mouse in my right-paw. My non-gaming setup is usually mouse in left-paw... but I switch it up. My non-gaming mice are all ambi.
please change your title to Soulless Southpaw

thanks

Interesting thought.

I normally put:

I = Inventory

J = Journal.

K = ?

L = Usually something else info related for (similar to Journal) / or alternate key for Journal.
For your movement keys... :wall:

I can't be charged for murder if it happened before my first cup of coffee, right?

For your movement keys... :wall:

I can't be charged for murder if it happened before my first cup of coffee, right?
I'm just telling you normally what I put there on IJKL.

I know you are suggesting IJKL for my movement keys. It's something I might have to try - b/c they will give me more keys on the KB for "action" type of stuff to the right of my left-hand.

EDIT:

If I try your suggestion and actually do like it, I'm gonna have to find new places for Inventory, Journal, and that kind of related stuff.

Remapping keys is for sissies. Poorly mapped keys is a design decision to make games more difficult, much in the same way Dark Souls utilizes clunky combat to increase "difficulty".

No, not the actual letters!

For movement - Up, Down, Left, Right cursor keys.

The ones beneath the row of Delete, End, and Home!

Like I said - I'm left-handed.

I don't really like WSAD for movement for my left-hand - I find it awkward. Always have.
i always do that i hatee wasd cause i hat letters nah up arrow =up down so on i blamem ysterd for mee being stuck on fuel again tho i found out i hate f1 restriciton ppnalties fuck u i cant do crash party bc penaltiies and fucking cornesrt

Only thing is - Ashes has a motive now. ;)
Criss cross.

4564_5.jpg

[customspoiler=Not to be confused with...]Kris Kross
Kris%2BKross%2Bkriskrossjumpwebcastr.jpg
[/customspoiler]

When did anything I did make sense?

This is ME we're talking about. ;)

I know, I know - I'm wierdo and an odd duck and talk bout drm all night long with derick hh, what can I say?

{shrug}

Anyways - when I learned how to play FPS's back in the day during the DN3D and Quake days, I learned using the cursors w/ my left-hand. Never broke away from it. I also don't think as many keys were hotkey'ed back in the day, anyways - unlike many games today.

But when I tried to use WSAD, it felt very awkward for me. I've tried - even w/ Dead Space 1, which forced WSAD for movements. But, never clicked.

EDIT:

y i do n-e-thing a certin way iz alwayz a mystery to mysterd. ;)

Also - more worthless info. When I type, I really don't keep my hands on the ASDF JKL; row like how most people learned. My hands floats all over the KB like crazy.
fixed for u

I have two XB360 USB-based gamepads already.

I use those for controller-based games -> Dark Souls, DMC4, MK games, SF series, racing games, etc etc.
This makes no sense to me... why own two of those? 360's d-pad sucks. I could see a 360 and a something else...

And if you get a wheel, don't get anything less than a Logitech G27... which allows you to position the shifter on the left. ;)

This makes no sense to me... why own two of those? 360's d-pad sucks. I could see a 360 and a something else...
In case I broke the damn thing.

Bought them both cheap, back when I did - which was when they first hit Windows.

EDIT:

IIRC, bought a X360 gamepad for Windows from Circuit City for like $30.

Later, bought another X360 USB-gamepad from Gogamer for like $20.

I almost bought a 2nd 360 pad cause my first one has this shitty L stick that sticks to the left, and in games with no deadzone like Dishonored my character is constantly drifting around the room after I let go. :(

I guess if I ever get back into that game I'll play it with a Dualshock 3.

Maybe he has a friend? Nah, that can't be it.
Still... and particularly given the fighting games he mentioned... a different second controller would make more sense. I have an F510 and two DS3 (not counting vintage controllers). I like the DS3... but I got the second one because I wanted a pink one and mostly it's dedicated for mobile use (so I'm not SOL if I lose it, and I can stop having to re-pair bluetooth)

All this talk of mice and paws makes me wonder if you're talking about PC gaming or how you/your cats prepare dinner ;)

Murder is only illegal if you get caught.
ltjc.jpg

Still... and particularly given the fighting games he mentioned... a different second controller would make more sense. I have an F510 and two DS3 (not counting vintage controllers). I like the DS3... but I got the second one because I wanted a pink one and mostly it's dedicated for mobile use (so I'm not SOL if I lose it, and I can stop having to re-pair bluetooth)
I like the DS3 for the dpad, but I prefer the 360's analog sticks, they're much tighter.. while DS3's are way too loose. I agree it's better to own 2 different controllers.

Laser and Razer mouse discussion earlier this month.

Some mouse discussion in December started around here with Gilby's response to Ashes and MNS.

iSerra's response here.

You yourself asked a question about mice in December, unless that was a clone.

Logitech mouse sale discussion in November.
He can't be a cylon because they share a collective knowledge database. He would have remembered this if it was another toaster posting. I think MysterD isnt a robot, he's just a boy who was dropped on his head far too many times.

Yeah, I have two DS3's, a RockCandy 360 pad, and a Logitech F310. Different games are more ideal for different controllers, so I like to have options (and kinda have Pokemon syndrome with controllers, I gotta' have them all).

Very much want to pick up a DS4 sometime now it has PC support (or at least is usable on PC with a little work).

In case I broke the damn thing.

Bought them both cheap, back when I did - which was when they first hit Windows.

EDIT:

IIRC, bought a X360 gamepad for Windows from Circuit City for like $30.

Later, bought another X360 USB-gamepad from Gogamer for like $20.
^_^ I can relate. Good prices! (I'm assuming those are the official MS ones). I don't recall seeing a $20 deal.. $25 a few times...

I paid $17 for my F510. $35 w/Uncharted 1+2 for my blue DS3 and $30 for my pink DS3 (finally, pink ones like never get price breaks)... yeah I pink. It doesn't have the tendency to walk away...

Laser and Razer mouse discussion earlier this month.

Some mouse discussion in December started around here with Gilby's response to Ashes and MNS.

iSerra's response here.

You yourself asked a question about mice in December, unless that was a clone.

Logitech mouse sale discussion in November.
I need a Like-Harder button.

All this talk of mice and paws makes me wonder if you're talking about PC gaming or how you/your cats prepare dinner ;)
Kitty doesn't eat off the floor, she uses her paw to bring food to her mouth.

Yeah, I have two DS3's, a RockCandy 360 pad, and a Logitech F310. Different games are more ideal for different controllers, so I like to have options (and kinda have Pokemon syndrome with controllers, I gotta' have them all).

Very much want to pick up a DS4 sometime now it has PC support (or at least is usable on PC with a little work).
^_^ I'm interested in the DS4, but I'm waiting for better support (and price)... I'm surprised they dropped analog-pressure for the buttons... sure it wasn't used that much, but still. I'll never forget the first time I was playing PS2 game and was asked to mash a button hard and it took me a moment of failing to remember oh yeah, these have pressure transducers. (Historically some games asked this, but it was more theme than reality.) I suppose this also makes the DS2/3 better for PS2-emu.

^_^ I can relate. Good prices! (I'm assuming those are the official MS ones). I don't recall seeing a $20 deal.. $25 a few times...

I paid $17 for my F510. $35 w/Uncharted 1+2 for my blue DS3 and $30 for my pink DS3 (finally, pink ones like never get price breaks)... yeah I pink. It doesn't have the tendency to walk away...
Yes, those are indeed the official MS 360 pads.

The one from CC was a X360 For Windows boxed one that came w/ the drivers-on-the-disc. Not that they ever needed the driver disc - Windows recognized the pad as soon as they plugged in and it installed the drivers on its own, even back in the day,

The one from Gogamer was an actual X360 USB-pad; it wasn't the X360 For Windows box w/ the branding and all of that. But as you know, they're both the same S-style X360 USB pad - and both work fine on PC.

Yes, those are indeed the official MS 360 pads.

The one from CC was a X360 For Windows boxed one that came w/ the drivers-on-the-disc. Not that they ever needed the driver disc - Windows recognized the pad as soon as they plugged in and it installed the drivers on its own, even back in the day,

The one from Gogamer was an actual X360 USB-pad; it wasn't the X360 For Windows box. But as you know, they're both the same S-style X360 USB pad - and both work on PC.
*twitch* I expected you to know that the wired 360 "for windos" is identical to the wired 360 "for sheep".

Kitty doesn't eat off the floor, she uses her paw to bring food to her mouth.
But of course, I'd never expect you to eat off the floor. Save that for the peasants ;)
Cat%2Beating%2Bcartoon.jpg

^_^ I'm interested in the DS4, but I'm waiting for better support (and price)... I'm surprised they dropped analog-pressure for the buttons... sure it wasn't used that much, but still. I'll never forget the first time I was playing PS2 game and was asked to mash a button hard and it took me a moment of failing to remember oh yeah, these have pressure transducers. (Historically some games asked this, but it was more theme than reality.) I suppose this also makes the DS2/3 better for PS2-emu.
I think analog buttons are cool, but yeah they weren't used much at all. The only games I remember using them were the Metal Gear Solid series for a bunch of moves I could never remember, and Gran Turismo before we had analog triggers (so sorta pointless now, who uses face buttons for brake/accelerate?). The improved form factor and triggers on the DS4 is certainly good enough to me for them to drop the analog buttons, but $30 is about my max for controllers so I'm going to be waiting a while for that.

tumblr_lz597c6WQP1qk9y3u.gif

GTA 3 also used the DS2's pressure-sensitive buttons. I kept wondering why my cars wouldn't get up to speed and finally remembered that there's now a difference between pressing the button and pushing it all the way down.

Also - more worthless info. When I type, I really don't keep my hands on the ASDF JKL; row like how most people learned. My hands floats all over the KB like crazy.
We call that the HOME ROW, n00b.

Same here. I used to put the mouse to the left of the keyboard, especially since I was doing drawing, but certain FPS's that really got KB+M controls right made me decide to just leave it to the right. (Also, I got a Wacom.)

If I try your suggestion and actually do like it, I'm gonna have to find new places for Inventory, Journal, and that kind of related stuff.
...may I suggest the UDLR arrow keys? ;)

Since we are talking about controllers now I have a question.  Will games that have local multiplayer automatically recognize a second controller if attached to the PC or do I need to do some work around for the PC to recognize that controller?  I currently have 1 360 controller, but my wife has been wanting to play but I don't want to waste money if the second controller won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back